PDA

View Full Version : Zone attack should read “Sometimes”.

Tirik22x
03-26-2018, 01:43 PM
Title says it all.

Pressing the correct buttons does a zone attack... sometimes.

Tyrjo
03-26-2018, 06:15 PM
It's a bit of a skill check and you need to be patient and not spam the buttons.

Kelson27
03-26-2018, 10:21 PM
Lol skill check. That it ain’t. What it is is something that doesn’t fire off correctly a bunch of the time. I find in a duel with someone it happens most the time, the times it doesn’t can end the battle I should have just won. Against minions? It feels like they’ve got anti zone built in to their DNA. Perfect when you need to clear a whole at zone B and all you can do is light attack slowly four times in a row until the gank squad is on you.

When this game first kicked off I mained raider and had no problems ever firing it off. As orochi now it’s completely unreliable - that isn’t a skill check, it’s a problem. Considering so many games these days also have a built in ‘two buttons for super’ and they go off without fail every time, there is something wrong with for honour.

Tirik22x
03-26-2018, 10:30 PM
It's a bit of a skill check and you need to be patient and not spam the buttons.

Ah yes, I frantically spam buttons in panic when I fight ****ing minions.

That was a bit of a ego check, kid.

You’re wrong... but I’m sure you’re used to that given your intellectual contribution.

No, it simply is inconsistent, and needs fixed.

Vakris_One
03-26-2018, 11:24 PM
Lol skill check. That it ain’t. What it is is something that doesn’t fire off correctly a bunch of the time. I find in a duel with someone it happens most the time, the times it doesn’t can end the battle I should have just won. Against minions? It feels like they’ve got anti zone built in to their DNA. Perfect when you need to clear a whole at zone B and all you can do is light attack slowly four times in a row until the gank squad is on you.

When this game first kicked off I mained raider and had no problems ever firing it off. As orochi now it’s completely unreliable - that isn’t a skill check, it’s a problem. Considering so many games these days also have a built in ‘two buttons for super’ and they go off without fail every time, there is something wrong with for honour.
The zone input is definitely different when doing it against minions, i.e. when doing it while unlocked. Maybe it's done on purpose as part of the unlock exploit fix, who knows. Whenever I want to zone the minions I hold the lock on button and then do a zone, it comes out more reliably than if I do it while unlocked.

But yeah, I've also lost matches because my zone failed to fire off even though I specifically pressed the two buttons like the calmest most zen mofo this side of the Dalai Lama. It is annoying when it happens to say the least.

Mia.Nora
03-27-2018, 12:09 AM
Zone is definitely inconsistent. I went into practice to get it right, and even in lag free vs bot environment it still is not consistent. I am at the verge of re-mapping secondary input for heavy and light into same button and use it for zone.

mrmistark
03-27-2018, 12:20 AM
Zone is crazy inconsistent on Xbox. I literally have to, instead of both buttons at the same time, delay the light button a half second for it to fire correctly. That’s the most reliable way I’ve found, which rarely but sometimes results in just a heavy as I have to press the heavy slightly before light for it to be consistent. This has been problematic for me, especially playing slower characters like Shugoki and HL as preference. Admittedly every so often it works in my favor and I accidentally pull a free unintentional light parry, but The fact still stands that pressing both buttons simultaneously does not work, which it should.

Tirik22x
03-27-2018, 03:06 AM
Zone is crazy inconsistent on Xbox. I literally have to, instead of both buttons at the same time, delay the light button a half second for it to fire correctly. That’s the most reliable way I’ve found, which rarely but sometimes results in just a heavy as I have to press the heavy slightly before light for it to be consistent. This has been problematic for me, especially playing slower characters like Shugoki and HL as preference. Admittedly every so often it works in my favor and I accidentally pull a free unintentional light parry, but The fact still stands that pressing both buttons simultaneously does not work, which it should.

I’ve had the best luck using the same method. I basically roll my fingers from Right trigger to RB.

Xbox here as well.

HazelrahFirefly
03-27-2018, 03:24 AM
Zone is definitely inconsistent. I went into practice to get it right, and even in lag free vs bot environment it still is not consistent. I am at the verge of re-mapping secondary input for heavy and light into same button and use it for zone.

Ive been trying to figure out the best way to remap the ps4 controller. Its a bit of a pain to do on the ps4, but would be worth it. I just can't decide what button I should make act as R1 and R2 both.

Touchpad? Would that even work??

Kelson27
03-27-2018, 04:58 AM
The zone input is definitely different when doing it against minions, i.e. when doing it while unlocked. Maybe it's done on purpose as part of the unlock exploit fix, who knows. Whenever I want to zone the minions I hold the lock on button and then do a zone, it comes out more reliably than if I do it while unlocked.

But yeah, I've also lost matches because my zone failed to fire off even though I specifically pressed the two buttons like the calmest most zen mofo this side of the Dalai Lama. It is annoying when it happens to say the least.

Ah thanks for the tip! Will definitely be giving that a go. While we’re on that train of thought too I’ve actually found locking on and going for hits in some cases clears minions with quicker hits over the usual animation of quick kill, quick kill, long kill chain. Comes at the expense of stamina that is so you might need space from other players.

Not as reliable as just spamming light against them all as you won’t travel to the minion for the kill, but if in a tightly surrounded group you can slam that lock button and aim away cutting a few down at a time.

Kelson27
03-27-2018, 05:12 AM
How are you guys remapping through Xbox? Are you using the elite accessories app?

Didn’t realise you could do double ups like that.

Tyrjo
03-27-2018, 12:48 PM
Ah yes, I frantically spam buttons in panic when I fight ****ing minions.

That was a bit of a ego check, kid.

You’re wrong... but I’m sure you’re used to that given your intellectual contribution.

No, it simply is inconsistent, and needs fixed.

Touchy. I have never had a problem doing a zone attack when I was calm and just wanted to do it. It's not that hard, but sometimes I have failed doing one, usually when I want to get it out fast, fast, fast.

Vakris_One
03-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Ah thanks for the tip! Will definitely be giving that a go. While we’re on that train of thought too I’ve actually found locking on and going for hits in some cases clears minions with quicker hits over the usual animation of quick kill, quick kill, long kill chain. Comes at the expense of stamina that is so you might need space from other players.

Not as reliable as just spamming light against them all as you won’t travel to the minion for the kill, but if in a tightly surrounded group you can slam that lock button and aim away cutting a few down at a time.
Yep, it is unnaturally satisfying to cut down minions using the Aramusha's infinite light chain. It's almost like a relaxing minigame within the game :D