PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions

InCiSiOn89
10-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Are these games better then Combat FLight Simulator 3? Is the Multiplayer good? Is it fun? Most importantly is the Multiplayer better than Combat fligh sim 3? is it easier to kill someone?

InCiSiOn89
10-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Are these games better then Combat FLight Simulator 3? Is the Multiplayer good? Is it fun? Most importantly is the Multiplayer better than Combat fligh sim 3? is it easier to kill someone?

BaldieJr
10-20-2005, 08:12 AM
All answers are "Yes!!!!" except the last, which is "hell no.".

Udidtoo
10-20-2005, 08:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaldieJr:
All answers are "Yes!!!!" except the last, which is "hell no.". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a rumor about that they are working on a fix for that last one though. Spay on solution available in 4.02 oz bottles or the time release. Comes on a patch.

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-20-2005, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaldieJr:
All answers are "Yes!!!!" except the last, which is "hell no.". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Welcome to the BEST prop-sim ever created...so far. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TB

BuzzU
10-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Isn't everything better than CFS3?

InCiSiOn89
10-20-2005, 08:27 AM
K then i am going to get it today :-) what is everyone playing now?? PF? and to play multiplayer do u just use the multiplay in game or do something outside game ?

neural_dream
10-20-2005, 08:29 AM
99% play Forgotten Battles+Aces Expansion+Pacific Fighters merged installation
and what most use for multiplayer is
Hyperlobby. Do a quick google search and you'll find everything.
Also, as if the standard planes weren't enough they regularly bring us several new ones for free. For that and many other reasons download all patches for Pacific Fighters.

Skycat_2
10-20-2005, 09:35 AM
The "Gold Pack" that combines the first two parts of the series -- Forgotten Battles and Ace Expansion Pack (FB and AEP) -- is the best value for your money if you can find it. First, it usually costs about the same as plain Forgotten Battles, maybe a few dollars more, but trying to find AEP by itself is pretty tricky. You might as well get the combined pack; I've seen Gold Pack for as low as $20 in a local Electronics Boutique.

Personally I like the maps in FB+AEP better than the ones in Pacific Fighters, but PF has some interesting innovations like the working aircraft carriers and the new flight model and AI routines. As suggested above, you can add Pacific Fighters to FB+AEP last. I usually see PF at Wal-Marts for around $20. If you feel like starting with PF first to try it out, it can be installed as a standalone game that has a different root directory than FB+AEP; you can install the trilogy later if you want and not affect the PF single game.

A disadvantage of only having PF or only having FB+AEP is that you won't be able to connect to players who are using the merged trilogy, which is the majority of the online community it seems. Also, many custom missions are made using "merged" so there is a chance that if you download a mission for standalone PF it will be incompatible because the mission author inserted an object, plane or vehicle only found in the FB+AEP+PF version. So ... Get "Gold Pack" and install the three discs. If you don't also get "Pacific Fighters" at the same time, then patch FB+AEP to v2.04 using the two official update patches for AEP. If you do get PF and decide to 'merge' it, you can install it right to FB/AEP v2.0 ("Out of the box"). Next, install the two discs in Pacific Fighters. Download the 3.0 to 3.03 upgrade, the 4.01 upgrade, and finally the 4.02 upgrade.

I enjoy CFS-3 up to a point, so I'm not going bash it. The IL-2 series and CFS-3 are a lot alike in some ways and very different in others, but overall I think the IL-2 series is the better value and gaming experience. If you enjoy CFS-3 then I believe that you will not be disappointed by FB+AEP and/or Pacific Fighters.

han freak solo
10-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I like IL2FB/AEP/PF much better than Chronic Fatigue Syndrom (CFS). No matter if it is in stage 1, 2, or the dreaded CFS3 stage. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

carguy_
10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
The game can be customized to Star Wars type so it is more than possible to kill someone easier than in cfs3.Online though we have only big egos so it is very hard.

Kuna15
10-20-2005, 03:28 PM
I have CFS3 (although out of the box, I never patched it and I played it only for short time unline CFS1&2 which I liked very much).
FB+PF is game simply better than CFS3 in many areas IMHO.

Multiplayer in FB is a great fun, you can play versus hundreds of players online.

Anyway if you like this genre, it would suffice that I say that this is No1 piece of must have software.

Chadburn
10-20-2005, 03:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kuna15:
Multiplayer in FB is a great fun, you can play versus hundreds of players online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....just not all of them at the same time.