PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed - Aztec Empire Setting

Articful77
03-25-2018, 09:28 PM
I can see a plot that could be cool for the next Assassins Game. You the Hero are an Aztec Eagle Warrior. That experiences an Ancient Prophecy, indicating several bad omens to arrive. The clues on the tablet lead you to warn the Brotherhood. Years later the Spaniards under (Templar) Cortes, arrive, in order to find, and secure the Pieces of Eden, and attack the temples of the First Civilizations. History plays out, with the player fighting for freedom, which leads to the death of the conquistadors. Protecting the sacred artifacts of the temple, and people, during the conquest, the warrior in his final days dies a legend.

They should create this game, it would be a good historical time period early 1500's. It ties into Assassins & Templars struggle. It can explore ancient Aztec, and Mayan History. It would be an awesome game after Ancient Egypt.

MageAquarius20
03-25-2018, 10:51 PM
Interesting, but i donīt see how your idea with the Conquistadors beind defeated works. They defeated and enventually destroyed the Aztec Empire with the help of the Aztec Neighbours, it would be more logical if the Assassin Brotherhood would fail to protect the Precursor sites and can only save some apple or something similiar or make a original sotry with the Assassin Brotherhood being from Tlaxalcletia(a State that had been supressed by the Aztecs) that tries to prevent the Aztec templars from reactivasting the Temples from the Isu with the help of Hernan Cortez, a Assassin.

However i like you idea, but with Bayek currently being ACīs new Ezio, i see no AC set in Mesoamerika in a while.

lagrue
03-26-2018, 10:41 PM
Interesting, but i donīt see how your idea with the Conquistadors beind defeated works.

This is true. I wouldn't write off the era totally though. Instead they could just make it one of the bittersweet AC endings where the Assassin's lose or even just simply think they're victorious, only to still fall years later. I mean look at Masyaf from AC1. It was restored to glory, led to ruin by another Assassin, freed by Altair yet again - yet years later it was occupied by Templars. Control of areas, even the very heart of the Assassin's Order, has been back and forth a few times in the series. You know that saying about winning the battle, but not the war? Perfect analogy of what could happen.

Or it could even be another Templar viewed game like Rogue, so the player has a sense of "victory" at the end.

HDinHB
03-27-2018, 01:17 AM
If you blinked, you might have missed it, but several years ago there was an Assassin's Creed Facebook game:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Project_Legacy

One chapter of Project Legacy described Giovanni Borgia's (yes, those Borgias, but that's another chapter) voyage to the New World with Cortes. You can read about it here: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Rome:_Chapter_4_-_Giovanni_Borgia

cawatrooper9
03-27-2018, 02:26 PM
We've also started a speculation thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1859672-Speculation-and-Rumors-on-the-Next-Setting) on the ACO page, so be sure to visit there! :D