PDA

View Full Version : Track IR 3 Pro Freezing

OD_
09-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Hi,
I've been trying to get back into IL2 after about a year of not playing it. But what's stopping me right now is that my Track IR keeps freezing when I look left, it will get to the left wing and no further...at least not without a delay.

Anyone have any tips? (Short of buying a new Track IR 4!). I'm using the Vector Expansion with the clip on the hat not the headphone attachment.

Cheers,

OD_
09-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Hi,
I've been trying to get back into IL2 after about a year of not playing it. But what's stopping me right now is that my Track IR keeps freezing when I look left, it will get to the left wing and no further...at least not without a delay.

Anyone have any tips? (Short of buying a new Track IR 4!). I'm using the Vector Expansion with the clip on the hat not the headphone attachment.

Cheers,

Chris0382
09-08-2008, 05:13 AM
I see people having issues with all headracking systems and that tweaking is a must for all.

Can I ask if the LEDs and camera lense are clean as I read on the TIR forum that someone else had the same issue.

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0&C=2

WTE_Galway
09-08-2008, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OD_:
Hi,

Cheers, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Three possible reasons off the top of my head ...

The game is CPU locking the PC, when that happens your trackIR shuts down temporarily.

Your calibration is out of whack.

There is a physical problem like a bright light source behind you or the trackIr unit isnt seeing the reflectors properly.

F19_Orheim
09-08-2008, 06:12 AM
uninstall and reinstall?

Skoshi Tiger
09-08-2008, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OD_:
Hi,

Cheers, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Three possible reasons off the top of my head ...

There is a physical problem like a bright light source behind you or the trackIr unit isnt seeing the reflectors properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gointo the Track IR software and seclect view-&gt; tracking and see if there are any hot spots!

Stingray333
09-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Yes, as the above poster said, go to Track IR, look at the tracking window and see if there are any "spots" on the image, you should see the three specs from the tracker, and nothing else. The sensor should be placed such that the three spots are in the center, make sure that when you look to your left that all three spots remain visible the entire time, if anyone of them disappear, it will not work. Hot spots can be caused by IR light reflecting off shiny surfaces, windows, or lights directly behind you.

It could be that if you look at the "tracking" or "gauges" window that one of the sensors becomes slightly blocked by the brim of your hat or something similar.

Also use the "gauges" window and see if you can get the red indicator to move all the way to the right and left as well, there may be some tweaking necessary in your sensitivity settings to get the full range of movement,

Stingray

WTE_Galway
09-08-2008, 07:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

It could be that if you look at the "tracking" or "gauges" window that one of the sensors becomes slightly blocked by the brim of your hat or something similar.

Stingray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get this a lot with my favourite cap http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifIt also happens more often with low mounted trackir units.

One quick temporary fix "in game" can be to recentre the trackir while looking slightly off to one side.

OD_
09-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Hi,
Cheers for the replies. There are only the three spots showing. No background interference. When I get that it jumps all over the place! lol.
It's just annoying as it only does it on the left wing and not over the right. I've turned it and I'mm looking straight at it in the tracking view.

Will try an uninstall, see if that helps. At work at the moment so I will have to try tonight.

TSmoke
09-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I had the exact same problem with the same gear.

I tried numerous things and was ready to dump it in the trash but 200 bucks in the trash kinda cheesed me off.

I downloaded a few profiles and tried them all.

The profile I found that stopped the freezing for me was one called
Combat Flight_min egen profil32.

I think I downloaded the profiles from Natural Point or Mission 4 Today.

Try some different profiles before giving up, worked for me hopefully it will work for you.