PDA

View Full Version : Radio Gramaphone ?

walsh2509
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
How do you get them to work?

No! press play does not work, only get a scratching sound and going up and down the tuner on the radio only one station is there all the others blank and that one station does not play.

If posted before , sorry! but search/find is not working on this forum

walsh2509
03-21-2007, 12:51 PM
How do you get them to work?

No! press play does not work, only get a scratching sound and going up and down the tuner on the radio only one station is there all the others blank and that one station does not play.

If posted before , sorry! but search/find is not working on this forum

banzai_billy
03-21-2007, 12:52 PM
What is your location? To my knowledge, radio stations don't broadcast to the middle of the pacific.

walsh2509
03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
was in PH and the only radio station was Washington but no sound.

I have the main atmosphere music turned off will that have anything to do with it?

Other Q? .. I was in my sound folder and was clicking on speech, "dive planes set for normal dive" and others like "double turn to port" I don't hear them called out. In fact some of the calls sound like the exact same voice msg in SH3. The 2 I mentioned are new voices.

VaporBlast
03-21-2007, 01:05 PM
turn music on and you'll hear

tuddley3
04-14-2007, 02:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walsh2509:
was in PH and the only radio station was Washington but no sound.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you look in the sound folder, look in the Radio folder, Washington is the only radio station in there. But, there are some skippers such as Bunkerratt that have added new stations.

My question is, how do I access the radio. I click on both the Radio and the Gramophone icons on the task bar, and nothing happens. Is there another screen that has the radio/gramophone in front of me ?

Flamewagon
04-14-2007, 04:42 AM
When you click on the radio or gramaphone icon a little picture of the said item pops up, press the play button on either then you should here either Washington (which has the same theme music as the game) or an old record playing (which is the same music as the game)...so either your crew make you walk the plank for bringing along just one record or you check out the communitys downloads and install them in the radio or gramaphone folder in the program files...click on program files/ubisoft/silent hunter 4/data/sound/then either gramaphone or radio.....insert your .wav files that you have from either CD or downloaded and you can change a wma to a .wav with this program i downloaded http://www.nch.com.au/switch/ and next time you set sail you will have a happy crew listening to whatever you decided to put in. Ubisoft were vere stingy to only include one tune..no Glenn Miller or Artie Shaw! Some of the community members have some great 40's radio shows to listen to that can be placed in the radio folder, downloaded in rar format you will need a decent unzipper to unzip the files like winwar or similer. Hope this helps.

tuddley3
04-14-2007, 04:57 AM
Thanks bro. I do have Switch, great program. I should check out some of the radio mods at Subsim also.

But like I said, I click on the Icons and nothing happens. I even have the Music box checked in Sound options, which I hate the default game music, but that should be easy to remedy.

tuddley3
04-14-2007, 05:33 AM
So far, Bunkerratt has the best variety Bunkerratt's FileFront Page (http://hosted.filefront.com/bunkerratt/)

Flamewagon
04-14-2007, 06:30 AM
That is most odd, has the radio or gramaphone ever appeared when playing the game?, are the buttons greyed out for some reason?, I know that on my version when clicked they appear but you can make them go away and still have the music playing.

bunkerratt
04-14-2007, 07:01 AM
tuds ..go into the music file in the sound file ...remove everything EXCEPT the config file ...that removes the dam ingame music ..but still enables the radio and gramaphone you need to leave the music on in the options page if ya need help setting up the radio let me know ..another guy at subsim "ted healy"has a bunch of stations ready for operation ...or make your own ..it's fairly easy once you look at it ...