PDA

View Full Version : Desmond son theory

flyingeaglemile
01-03-2011, 08:49 PM
I`m sure you all heard about this theory already, you`re actually Desmond`s son in the animus reliving Desmond`s memory. Even though I hate this idea, after playing some of AC1 I noticed something that I had to bring up. Remember how while in the animus if the animus *glitched* you could change the camera location, well something like this happened while Desmond was talking to Vidic, I pressed a button and the camera switched. Now this could be nothing, but that`s not like Ubisoft. I might be over reacting over something that means nothing but I`ll let you guys decide.

flyingeaglemile
01-03-2011, 08:49 PM
I`m sure you all heard about this theory already, you`re actually Desmond`s son in the animus reliving Desmond`s memory. Even though I hate this idea, after playing some of AC1 I noticed something that I had to bring up. Remember how while in the animus if the animus *glitched* you could change the camera location, well something like this happened while Desmond was talking to Vidic, I pressed a button and the camera switched. Now this could be nothing, but that`s not like Ubisoft. I might be over reacting over something that means nothing but I`ll let you guys decide.

YHHTQ
01-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I am late to the party, so just out of curiosity, if I may, who the hell came up with such theory...?! And from where...?!

Ultimate_Night
01-03-2011, 09:03 PM
If you looked, you could see you were viewing from camera feeds. The room was full of cameras. As to why Desmond thought he could get away with doing what he did in front of them I have no idea, but you could see that they were cameras if you looked where they were coming from. This also accounts for the grainy effect in the present during AC I.

Avl521
01-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Not this again please...
If this theory is true then I'll just stop thinking of AC as my favorite story and switch it for Mass Effect.
AC is my favorite game ever, but IF it turns out we're playing as Desmond's son or some s**t like that, the story would die for me and as such make the personal value of the game lower.

PLEASE UBISOFT, DON'T GO WITH THIS THEORY!

Even though I'm pretty much sure this theory is complete nonsense, I hd to voice my opinion.

/rant.

ninja_7_7
01-03-2011, 09:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:
Not this again please...
If this theory is true then I'll just stop thinking of AC as my favorite story and switch it for Mass Effect.
AC is my favorite game ever, but IF it turns out we're playing as Desmond's son or some s**t like that, the story would die for me and as such make the personal value of the game lower.

PLEASE UBISOFT, DON'T GO WITH THIS THEORY!

Even though I'm pretty much sure this theory is complete nonsense, I hd to voice my opinion.

/rant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I prefer this ending. It will so many different settings to the game.

flyingeaglemile
01-03-2011, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
If you looked, you could see you were viewing from camera feeds. The room was full of cameras. As to why Desmond thought he could get away with doing what he did in front of them I have no idea, but you could see that they were cameras if you looked where they were coming from. This also accounts for the grainy effect in the present during AC I. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohh, this does make sense. I agree with all of you, I hate this theory and it doesn`t make much sense because the world is suppose to end in 2012 or something in the AC story so even if Desmond did have a son he would be way too young. I just noticed this and saw no one bring it up so thought I would.

Masta_Pain
01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I really don't want the Desmond son theory to come true. It would absolutely ruin the storyline, AC was first and foremost Desmond's story and I don't want them to go in this direction just to prolong the franchise.

The theory I'm going for is that it was Desmond reliving HIS OWN past memories through another animus which relives the stories of AC1, AC2 and ACB. I think the reason why he's in the animus in the first place is because Desmond and the other modern day assassins (maybe Shaun and Rebecca, maybe not) took the apple in the vault and tried to take out Abstergo early before 21/12/2012, with the plan ultimately failing, the apple being lost and Desmond being severely wounded and suffering large amounts of memory loss. Seeing as he's the only Human/TWOCB hybrid left (apart from Eve?) they put him back into the animus in order to relive his past memories, which simultaneously lets him relive the lives of Altair and Ezio, giving him back his free-running abilities. When he relives the killing of Lucy, his body rejects the memory and it puts him into a state of shock, and to calm him down they force/hack him back into the animus within the animus to continue reliving Ezio's memories while they treat his condition, which brings you up to the current stage of the story.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do-TU7mjLZQ
go to 1:12. After the dialogue with the guys telling each to put "him" back in the animus, someone (most definitely the one in animus) yells out a sorrowful "No" as the dialogue cuts out, and if you listen carefully it is definitely Desmond. I am 100% sure that you will play as Desmond in AC3, not his son or anything.

Avl521
01-03-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't like that... As far as I'm concerned this "animus within an animus" is too much like Inception.
I already saw that, I think that with the major disaster just about too happen, having Desmond or his son in an animus AFTER the event happens, totally takes the importance from the event itself.

Jack-Reacher
01-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I have 2 more ideas that state against the "son" theory, you guys might feel more comforted after hearing them

Firstly, you never die in the AC games. As Altair or Ezio, you meerly desynch from their memories, Desmond strayed too far from their memory ( they never died at that time for instance) so he desynchs and starts again, you never die in AC games. Now when you play as Desmond, notice you have never died? Go on top of the villa and jump off, its a huge jump and you would surely die if you were Ezio but he doesnt even lose health, hell he doesnt even have health. This is because there is no son watching him to desynch. If we were playing as Desmonds son, Desmond would desynch when he jumps off a building. You also cant die in AC2 in the two fight scenes against the guards no matter how hard you try.

Secondly, when you pause the game as Ezio and Altair, you look at a menu. What you are looking at is the animus menu that Desmond is looking at. The menu changes in both games because the animus he is in is different. However if you pause the menu as Desmond, you get some cruddy little menu that isnt an animus menu, if we were his son it would be a fancy menu like in the animus.

Finally, the reason why they say put him back in the animus at the end is also so that you can keep replaying the game as Ezio after you beat it. In AC1 you are left alone in the lab to replay as Altair, in AC2 you are left in the truck to keep playing as Ezio. To keep up with this, they left some weird excuse to put him back in the animus at the end of ACB so you can keep playing as Ezio without starting a new game.

TheSpectator
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
The son theory is utter stupidity.

Case closed.

TheCowboy777
09-23-2011, 02:35 PM
I doubt thats true if it was why would Desmonds son watch his fathers memories of Desmond seeing Altair and Ezios memories when he can just see another ancestors who has the answer for his problem. The reason abstergo used Altairs memories is because they wanted the map for all the pieces of eden and the reason for the Assassins using Ezios is because they want to find the temples and the apple Ezio had and they found it. The reason for revelations is to find Altairs "artifacts" that can end the assassin templar war and to see where Ezio hid them. Thats the reason they are searching thru their momories so **** the Desmond's son theory.

CRUDFACE
09-23-2011, 02:49 PM
The glitch, isn't a glitch. The moments where you can change the camera angles are through a live video feed watching over Desmond. The animus in AC1 gives glitches that go over everything during the white room with nothing else but bare code in it.

sassinscreed
09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
I`m sure you all heard about this theory already, you`re actually Desmond`s son in the animus reliving Desmond`s memory. Even though I hate this idea, after playing some of AC1 I noticed something that I had to bring up. Remember how while in the animus if the animus *glitched* you could change the camera location, well something like this happened while Desmond was talking to Vidic, I pressed a button and the camera switched. Now this could be nothing, but that`s not like Ubisoft. I might be over reacting over something that means nothing but I`ll let you guys decide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't think that switching camera has anything to do with desmonds son

and if it is all really memory seen by desmonds son it would be HUGE disappointment and it would ruin whole assassins creed

LightRey
09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
The glitch, isn't a glitch. The moments where you can change the camera angles are through a live video feed watching over Desmond. The animus in AC1 gives glitches that go over everything during the white room with nothing else but bare code in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed. Now, I would like to remind our newest member not to necropost like that.

NewBlade200
09-23-2011, 09:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
The glitch, isn't a glitch. The moments where you can change the camera angles are through a live video feed watching over Desmond. The animus in AC1 gives glitches that go over everything during the white room with nothing else but bare code in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed. Now, I would like to remind our newest member not to necropost like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Swearing is also against the rules. Don' forget those wonderful words.

Stowdace
09-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Yo dawg! I heard you liked the Animus, so we put an Animus in your Animus so you could relive your ancestor's memories as they relive their ancestor's memories.

Highly doubt this would turn out. It would be a twist however, but not a very appealing one by the sound of the majority.

RzaRecta357
09-24-2011, 03:11 AM
Terrible idea!

TheLeoCrow
09-24-2011, 08:02 AM
I used to like the son theory but now that we know desmont is reliving ezio's memories who will be reliving altair memories through the seals, it seems too much. Still, in ACR they might insinuate that by the time ACR ends, Desmont himself relieves his own memories until he reaches Juno and falls into a coma in order to reassert himself and wake up from it

BadVVo1f
09-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Dear Fellow Assassins,
I host a YouTube channel called "TheBadSurgeCast". We are moving into assassins creed things before the release. We are looking for anyone with a theory on what happens with it all. We are going to be streaming a discussion of us all (on skype) discussing our theories. If any of you have a theory and would like to be on YouTube email me at BadVVo1f@hotmail.com. I am looking for as many as possible. The only requirements is you Have a theory. And have skype. U could always just download skype anyway. It's free. Anyone and everyone is welcome.

Good Hunting
BadVVo1f

Altair661
09-24-2011, 12:26 PM
This is such an original theory! C'mon now, we've all heard this one before. Not trying to troll here but seriously?

xcatdarkness
09-24-2011, 07:49 PM
personally im not going to cross any thing off because there is possible for time travel story's paradox story's and memory within memory story's so really any ones guess is as good as another

LightRey
09-25-2011, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xcatdarkness:
personally im not going to cross any thing off because there is possible for time travel story's paradox story's and memory within memory story's so really any ones guess is as good as another </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
no, the others have evidence supporting them.