PDA

View Full Version : Playing for honor on a 30 fps console

RexXZ347
03-24-2018, 10:39 AM
Is it just me or is it really in the game? First of all let me say first that my connection is a 1000mbps optic fiber cable. So connection is not a problem. What's happening is though i have fast reflexes, the game won't allow me to do a block even if i have already moved the right analog stick to where the attack is. I'm not pressing anything too. Just blocking. So i was wondering if someone is experiencing this too? I have so many "wtf moments" where i know that should be a parry or a block but it's like the game or my console doesn't want to give it to me. I'm playing on a 30fps ps4 phat console and by upgrading to ps4 pro would solve the problem?

Baggin_
03-24-2018, 02:25 PM
This is most likely due to lag compensation not being released yet. I would hold off on the pspro (unless you want one) until after they release it and iron out the bugs that come with it.

MumfordDaHound
03-24-2018, 03:09 PM
Is it just me or is it really in the game? First of all let me say first that my connection is a 1000mbps optic fiber cable. So connection is not a problem. What's happening is though i have fast reflexes, the game won't allow me to do a block even if i have already moved the right analog stick to where the attack is. I'm not pressing anything too. Just blocking. So i was wondering if someone is experiencing this too? I have so many "wtf moments" where i know that should be a parry or a block but it's like the game or my console doesn't want to give it to me. I'm playing on a 30fps ps4 phat console and by upgrading to ps4 pro would solve the problem?

I've only ever played on the ps4 and the **** happens to me ALL the time. I try to parry alot of attacks, which is my fault. But even when I don't I can get caught in a light spam loop and just stand there getting whacked. Probably my most frustrating thing in the game for me..

JLT7970
03-24-2018, 03:56 PM
I thought it was just me and the crew I play with. Its almost as if you have to react to something BEFORE it happens.

Tyrjo
03-24-2018, 04:20 PM
I'm playing on a 30fps ps4 phat console and by upgrading to ps4 pro would solve the problem?

Unfortunately For Honor on the PS4 Pro is capped at 30FPS, even though it would do 60FPS easily. :rolleyes:

MumfordDaHound
03-24-2018, 04:22 PM
I thought it was just me and the crew I play with. Its almost as if you have to react to something BEFORE it happens.

This is why console players complain about light spam.. now you feel the pain. How many times i have been killed by spam is countless, worse before guard switch normalization. I played lb a lot then...anytime you came up vs a pk, you might as well have put the controller down. They knew it too, wouldn't even need to attempt a heavy. Amarusha is super fun when he gets rolling. At this point it's hard to even respect a players skill who just spams lights...

RexXZ347
03-24-2018, 06:35 PM
When playing on ps4, lights and gb are like super fast. So i thought i just suck at reactions. But when i watch youtubers who play for honor i was like "wtf, i can react to that" because indicators and gb symbols shows so slow on youtube video. I have seen many players i fought against and with who can block all my aramusha lights and feints even if i mix them up. So i thought maybe my ps4 is just so slow in processing reactions because its just 30fps.

MumfordDaHound
03-24-2018, 06:58 PM
When playing on ps4, lights and gb are like super fast. So i thought i just suck at reactions. But when i watch youtubers who play for honor i was like "wtf, i can react to that" because indicators and gb symbols shows so slow on youtube video. I have seen many players i fought against and with who can block all my aramusha lights and feints even if i mix them up. So i thought maybe my ps4 is just so slow in processing reactions because its just 30fps.

If it's not a reflex guard, then it's easier to block Amu, I've been playing orchi so I was basing off that. If you get caught in a loop it sucks

Vakris_One
03-24-2018, 10:54 PM
Unfortunately For Honor on the PS4 Pro is capped at 30FPS, even though it would do 60FPS easily. :rolleyes:
^ This and also the FPS is limited by your TV's refresh rate. So even if Ubi didn't cap consoles at 30 FPS it would still be down to your TV whether you'll be getting 60 FPS or not. Most affordable TV's nowadays operate on 50Hz which means that you won't be getting 60 FPS on them and will have to buy a more expensive TV or hook up your console to a PC monitor. If your TV has a "gaming" mode switching it on will give you a few more FPS but again, unless you buy a TV with 60-100Hz or play on a decent LCD monitor you won't be seeing 60 FPS even on a console game that can run at 60 FPS.

As others have said there's also the fact that lag compensation is still missing from the game, things should get better once that gets put back in.

RexXZ347
03-25-2018, 05:56 PM
^ This and also the FPS is limited by your TV's refresh rate. So even if Ubi didn't cap consoles at 30 FPS it would still be down to your TV whether you'll be getting 60 FPS or not. Most affordable TV's nowadays operate on 50Hz which means that you won't be getting 60 FPS on them and will have to buy a more expensive TV or hook up your console to a PC monitor. If your TV has a "gaming" mode switching it on will give you a few more FPS but again, unless you buy a TV with 60-100Hz or play on a decent LCD monitor you won't be seeing 60 FPS even on a console game that can run at 60 FPS.

As others have said there's also the fact that lag compensation is still missing from the game, things should get better once that gets put back in.

i think its lag. I have a 4khdr sony tv so i think it can run 60fps. I asked sony if i can play 60fps on my tv and they said yes. So maybe it's lag. There's also a time i remember when i'm being ganked and i tried to press x many times to dodge out of my enemies and my orochi just stood there like nothing. I thought my controller just suddenly got broken but when i spawned my controller is just working fine.

MumfordDaHound
03-25-2018, 07:40 PM
I've been playing orochi since S5 started and it definitely happens where you can't move or switch guard. Completely random, I think it tends to be against light attack spam. It's like you can't recover at all. You just take a beating..

Mirage6201
03-26-2018, 02:03 AM
Iím sure the other player with slow internet is happy with how fast you send him the data. While you have to wait for him to upload.

MumfordDaHound
03-26-2018, 04:25 AM
Iím sure the other player with slow internet is happy with how fast you send him the data. While you have to wait for him to upload.

Is that what it is? I get like 100mb dl and like 15 upload. If his is slower I am almost screwing myself having faster Internet speeds?

ChampionRuby50g
03-26-2018, 07:07 AM
I read this the other day, I canít say how true it really is, but apprently disabling your consoles recording feature allows for a better frame rate, if that makes sense. Again, not sure how true it is, so if someone in the know could confirm or deny it would be great.

Vakris_One
03-26-2018, 01:38 PM
i think its lag. I have a 4khdr sony tv so i think it can run 60fps. I asked sony if i can play 60fps on my tv and they said yes. So maybe it's lag. There's also a time i remember when i'm being ganked and i tried to press x many times to dodge out of my enemies and my orochi just stood there like nothing. I thought my controller just suddenly got broken but when i spawned my controller is just working fine.
It could indeed be lag. Dedicated servers are supposed to smooth out everyone's connections but if you're in a match with someone who is connecting to the server from a whole continent away, or vice versa then there will be lag.

If you're being hit repeatedly by 500ms attacks like from Aramusha's infinite light chain you can get stun locked and cannot dodge out. Assassins are especially susceptible to this because of their guard stance decay meaning they have to time a block well rather than leave their guard on top and wait like non-assassin heroes can.