PDA

View Full Version : Wapons >:)

bananenslip
03-24-2018, 01:22 AM
we know we can make dogfights, but i think we can shoot with our character.
in the trailer you saw knoxie had ah pistol and said: Bang Bang Moth***ucker.
i realy hope that more exist then only a pistol.

In Borderlands you have infinit different wapons, they are categorized like this:

Orange - best what you can have and realy rare
Viollete - its rare
Blue - Hard to find
green - its a bit special
white - its common

Sniperrifles
Assaultrifles
SMGs
Pistols
Revolvers
Rocketlaunchers
Eridian Alienwapons

so i ask me how the wapons look like.

GIANT?
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201109/images/00050869/RD5r6JAQ9i47Izd2X1sRl4aTL2DWoYw5.jpg

or

Tiny?
https://i.imgur.com/JXTpIwt.jpg

Are they more futuristic or exist old wapons like ours today.
exist some special wapons like a bow?
question over question, what dou you think? will be great if ubi allows us to have wapons in the game :rolleyes::D

K1ngthepug
03-24-2018, 03:22 PM
Yea I imagine beyond good and evil 2 will follow some kind of looter shooter system.
I like the idea of a futuristic bow to go hunting space bounty.

atubaboun
03-24-2018, 03:33 PM
there isn't much information about the subject, but i started another thread about it a while back https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1837370-how-do-you-want-to-fight-in-system-3

Legion-495
03-24-2018, 03:48 PM
I could imagine that they deal with options of melee weapons like it has been done in AC:Origins.
But I hope we will have more a MassEffect 2 approach with a set of weapons we can choose from.
Limited but at the same time all we need.

In atubabouns thread is my stance on combat.

bananenslip
03-25-2018, 02:27 AM
if it will be just choosen wapons, so i want to mod them a bit like in crysis :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTxIzgyd7Ag
for every situation you will have the perfect wapon and the best is, every wapon is all in one :cool:

atubaboun
03-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Guys, if a Beyond Good & Evil game is about eight categories of real-life firearms color-coded like in some stupid run-off-the-mill Diablo clone, they can keep the game to themselves.

Does anyone even remember Jade?

Apart from Michel Ancel saying that the combat system will be simple, and have a feeling similar to BGE's, we don't know much.
And BGE2's world doesn't seem like one in which jade could function in terms of mechanics.

In my opinion the combat in BGE2 will be just as different from BGE as its ambiance, but that doesn't make it bad, or irrelevant.

bananenslip
03-26-2018, 09:15 PM
These are all boses and the only thing what jade used was her godlike stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmv9u-DfPqY
if the fight system is too similar, the game will loose his own character.
older games where realy cool but you see its possible to finish everything with zero dmg.

the newer combat system are a lot harder, for asians is it godlike :rolleyes:
but if it will be like the BGE1 will it be too easy, and we think other wapons then this stick will be used. (Knoxie telled us that in the Intro: Bang Bang Bang Mot***ucker)
so it cant be too similar and some egoshooter timmys and older BGE1 fans will have fun with a mix of that.
annyway will it be more like a game or more realistic?
I mean if we kill a Boss, is he Dead or KO?
will he bleed or fall apart like Fallout?

i dont know how it looks like, but today we are graphic*****s and want our graphics.
so UBI have to do a lot of work that BGE2 will look good and satisfy a big comunity.
So i hope UBI finds a way or take our ideas for the game, the finished game will show us what was the best.
if ubi makes a great new combat system is a solution, with wapons you dont have a lot of possibilities.

Legion-495
03-27-2018, 01:22 AM
Since the game wants to stick with the BGE basics I think the "Combat Stick"(Daď-jo) or similar will so totally happen again.
Who said it cannot get a little bit more difficult?

And as for Knox. Doesn't it seem weird to use such a old weapon in a time where we probably got laser guns?(Alpha Sections had them in BGE)
To me it seems Knoxs gun is a prestige weapon.

Also I have to add that bosses in BGE are very enviroment dependent and due to that very unique.
I tell you as soon as guns will be heavily involved into ground battle it will get very fast very redundant.
Even tho some battles are quite easy in BGE there is still danger to it you cannot avoid with distance as soon as you have a battle.
I think that is why stealth has combined with ranged weapons. Ranged does not have the same effect as close up combat. I expect a BGE system with probably harder timing.

I think battle will stay rather similar but bosses will get more complex and or general enemies.
So I put my call on classic melee combat. Never touch a running system^^ BGE plays great after all this years... did not ever feel like a issue compared to other games which got very old too.

Also
older games where realy cool but you see its possible to finish everything with zero dmg. Is that bad? if you know what to do? Sometimes you have to figure out how to defeat a boss and I would assume that will come back increased.
Also BGE had the Disc Launcher which can be considered a ranged weapon too. I do not see a reason to go way beyond this very effective tool except bloating a game with something it very likely never needs.

On enemy effects. I assume human/hybrid enemies will get knocked out and other lifeforms very likely killed by attack.
We will see how cruel the game can be^^ Maybe the normal stick would have a lethal mode too(with blades,lasers etc).

We will both see if they ever will reveal it early. Sleeping Dogs for example plays kind of like GTA but Melee combat is a huge bit of it.

bananenslip
03-27-2018, 10:54 AM
Hmm ok if you say this like that, it make sense for the stick :D
if we take doom for example, they made first a 2.5D game that was very tiny and simple.
today Doom is near like Unreal Tournament and the only thing what you do now is killing a lot more enemies with more attacks.
but the shematic is the same, you can kill demons with a chainsaw or you guns.
if nothing loadet and the fuel is endet you can kill them with bare hands in a cruel way XD
the beginning of doom wasnt so demonic brutal XD

BGE can stay at his old way of game mechanics but the enemies shouldnt stay on the old difficulties.
the First doom games are now just minigames in the newer ones, but that isnt realy possible for BGE2 because its before BGE started.
this gives the game a way that we can say, ok it can be similar but it havent to be 1 to 1.
harder enemies and other wapons are desirable, but you have realy right.
BGE was a start for a good game that touched a lot of peoples and it can stay near to it.

With the new computers today, ubi can do more then the old BGE.
they pushed up the grafics( not very simmilar to BGE :P) and i hope they do some upgrades for the combat system too.
only this godlike stick and disclauncher in the hands are way too less and if we can use firearms you know what i choose :cool:

at the end, its hard to say if ubi wants to stay right to the old BGE or they want a brand new game with the same name and storyline.
but i think we have to do with a baby, jede doesent know annything about her childhood :D
i think ubi will make this bridge to BGE and it will be a good beginning for the end.

Legion-495
03-27-2018, 12:27 PM
Oh I own Doom 2016 and there is a big problem to it.
You have so many weapons yet they all do the same essential thing and the game has been heavily built around the kill animation...
Try to play Doom 2016 without close combat and you will see how flawed this is compared to the original Doom which also doesn't trap you in a stage like Doom2016 does.
Point is you are basically forced to do the melee animation all over again or the enemy can recover to a certain point... Also it is rather time consuming and with the faster kill skill it looks weird. On top of that drop items on kill animation? That punishes you if you don't use the animation.
Those kill moves are force use more or less and have been used as promotional material how brutal Doom2016 would be... just a marketing stunt feature that got way to extreme backed into the game.
...Yes I crack down very hard on that^^

I think due to the reason BGE had only the melee combat they also have to stay true to this otherwise the whole first game is in question.

Hilo_Takenaka
03-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Personally I want to see a place that sells modern/gothic weapons and gear, like electric melee weapons in the shape of longswords or a flail-like grapple hook. It would also be cool if they also sold modern-day knight armours. It would be mainly cosmetic, sure, but who WOULDN’T want to play as a space knight on a jet bike?

Legion-495
03-27-2018, 04:34 PM
Personally I want to see a place that sells modern/gothic weapons and gear, like electric melee weapons in the shape of longswords or a flail-like grapple hook. It would also be cool if they also sold modern-day knight armours. It would be mainly cosmetic, sure, but who WOULDN’T want to play as a space knight on a jet bike?

I support that^^ I think we could have many classic weapons recreated. From the normal combat stick up to the Samurai sword.
But of course all weapons would be sci-fi ed for the most part.
Since the game is based on asian culture there could be sooo many different things.

bananenslip
03-28-2018, 05:43 PM
I think due to the reason BGE had only the melee combat they also have to stay true to this otherwise the whole first game is in question.

the difference between BGE1 to 2 is that jade was a reporter.
and now we are lawless pirates.
they changed the grafics too, it doesent look very similar to BGE1.
so its a compleete different story,
today the games are much complexer as then before 10 years, so it can be that BGE2 will be a lot different.
a lot of guys never played BGE1 before and this will be a reason to break some of the older mechanics.
some parts of the old gameplay will be needed, here you have right.
but a lot of new players want a complexer game then BGE1 was.

in a another post i cried about the bosses that where too easy.
if you make a game too similar to older parts, most of them will be bored.
games today are generally more difficult then older ones.

Legion-495
03-28-2018, 09:56 PM
Seems like you have not played that many old games. In fact many games came with cheats because they are so hard.
Alpha sections all had melee and they had lasers too so that argument with a reporter doesn't work as great.
BGE totally had the option to have ranged combat too as the functions existed(Frequently used later in the game). Obviously a design choice.

I expect to see Alpha-Section in some form^^ Maybe they enforce law here too?
I don't think they would scrap those guys from the BGE2 Universe.

I do not know if you realise BGE didn't have many complex systems but it was a combination of very many gameplay types. Nothing that would stand out very big except the photo mode. They worked very well together.
I feel like melee is all we need. I mean did anyone ever guns blazing go into places in Deus Ex HR or Mankind?
I would say it would be the same awkward thing if you could do that in a BGE2... not saying it could not be possible.

But I would assume pirates avoid direct contact with law or enemies and use more shady tactics.

K1ngthepug
03-29-2018, 11:10 AM
Seems like you have not played that many old games.

A new hope for SNES hahaha.
Ninja gaiden.
I think actually old game developers made games harder to flesh it out.
If anything due to the sheer scope of BGE2’s proposed map the gameplay would theoretically need to be easier to allow accessibility.

God damn earthworm jim on the N64.

Legion-495
03-29-2018, 12:24 PM
A new hope for SNES hahaha.
Ninja gaiden.
I think actually old game developers made games harder to flesh it out.
If anything due to the sheer scope of BGE2’s proposed map the gameplay would theoretically need to be easier to allow accessibility.

God damn earthworm jim on the N64.

I never managed that spike pit in Earthworm Jim. Played it on PC tho.

bananenslip
03-29-2018, 04:31 PM
@legion. I played a lot but i was realy young and dont remember everything XD
but its fact that cames become more complex because you have more possibilities in our time.
it can have old wapons but its normal that you cant compare the older games.
they had low power to run a game.
the old wolfensteins as example, was realy easy to play if you have a hand for it.
Today its realy difficult to play, the whole engine is different to the first ones.
you cant say shoe is like shoe, all looks very simmilar but every year new shoes comes out with its own productionprocesses.
the old BGE was a long time back, now they have to reach new players too.
some things can stay what they where in the new BGE but i hope it comes more the just a new BGE1 game.
You realy liked the old one, me too;)
but playing the same game again just with a story is bad.
some new stuff have to come and old stuff have to go.

PS: Earthworm jim i had on my Gameboy XD was funny but hard

ElPrimordial
03-29-2018, 05:25 PM
I agree with legion: oldies were very unmerciful until one realizes and memories their patterns (still, how much I hate that bikes section in Battle Toads...) and as K1ngthepug add, the did it that way to make them feel longer since actually many of them were short in content.
Today some games are hard due to people complain about how easy they become, that's why the use the term "hard old school".
I also agree with bananenslip that games are become more complex and some could be very smart, even try to outsmart you, and toy with one with the possibilities they offer.

Legion-495
03-29-2018, 06:38 PM
I am not saying BGE2 shouldn't become more complex.
I think that on the player combat section we will most likely need almost next to no changes except making what worked before more fancy and useable.
Bosses and enemies are the ones we should focus on.

I mean GTAs combat also basically never changed except they overworked it... and so many other game series(MassEffect) did the same. Making what exists more useable rather than throwing the original intend overboard... it is easy to make a game with ranged weapons these days while it is hard to make one based on melee. Many of those games have in common that they change all around that very way of combat.

Also @bananenslip I find it not good that you seem to define a game just based on the combat mechanics alone.
And you have to consider Spaceships also exist. That will very likely be a new combat mechanic also it is unclear how the crew will interact.

bananenslip
03-30-2018, 01:10 AM
ok, my friend says too.
Never stop a running system
and its true that BGE is special for it self.
ok i see i was wrong and we see annayway how the game will be if the realese comes.
we all just hope that it will be great ^^

bananenslip
04-12-2018, 09:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAqeZYmqTIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehb-gbuo0Zs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdruB_6cU9c