PDA

View Full Version : An idea for spawn camping.

Baggin_
03-23-2018, 05:12 PM
So I've joined a lot of games that have new players in them against high rep players who are just spawn camping them and slaughtering the poor players. My idea is basically how Killzone 2 did it.

If an opponent is in your spawn then why not have 1shot catapults firing constantly at the opponents who are there. The friendlies of the spawn would be immune to anything the catapult would do (no damage/stagger).

JadeBosson.
03-24-2018, 05:28 AM
or like brink did were you'd get 1 shot for even getting near the enemy spawn

pimmas01
03-24-2018, 10:50 AM
is this really an issue? i've seen people go close to spawn once or twice. they get beat by the fast respawn and learn to not go that deep again.

Baggin_
03-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Like I said, I've joined some sessions in progress where a team of high rep, high gear skilled players are slaughtering everyone at spawn. It happens a lot when you are in with new player. Now the new players are gonna get destroyed anyway, but at least let them get out of spawn.

DaLast_Samurai
03-24-2018, 01:20 PM
Or just have it where if your spawn is occupied by the enemy, you spawn in random places throughout the map.

And in Dominion you would spawn in a zone your team currently does not control, making spawn camping not only useless, but devastating for your side.

pimmas01
03-24-2018, 03:01 PM
you're already putting yourself at a disadvantage by "basecamping" in this game simply by being close to the enemy spawn while your own is far away. aslong as people put up a fight, the "campers" will get pushed back. or even better, if one of you sprint by them and leg it for the empty bases they have no choice but to waste time chasing you.

if the enemy team is so much stronger that they simply overwhelm you, there's either a giant gap in MMR and it's only possible for you to get matched up against eachother outside of peak hours when there's not many else for the system to pick from.
you dont have much of a choice here, you gotta stand your ground and fight somehow. if you feel alone, delay the fight as much as possible to buy time for your teamm8s.

either way, IF it turns out i have magically eluded these type of games and it's actually really common, an actual fix rather than doing some farfetched stuff like these suggestions would be to spawn people in waves instead of having us trickle in. but that might put too much of a spawntime on you when you really want to get back and defend a base as soon as possible, so only spawn people in waves if your team have 3-4 people dead already? and have them spawn spread out so you can't get cannonball'd.

tbh, the best fix would be for people to just sober up and fight. that's how you get rid of people from your base. and for the sake of this whole thread i REALLY hope that by "spawncamp" you mean the actual spawn and NOT the first base in Dominion. i see tons of people running into the grinder and then wonder why they lose.

Hormly
03-24-2018, 03:29 PM
I dont think ive ever witnessed spawn camping