PDA

View Full Version : How to tease out a little more from Mushu

Knight_Raime
03-20-2018, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't really call this a guide per say. But rather some helpful tips for those who seek to play Aramusha frequently but don't find very much success with him. I am a duelist who's been playing on Xbox one since console beta. I don't claim to be amazing at the game nor should you expect these tips to be bullet proof against amazing players. Finally by me saying these things i'm not saying he's in a decent place. All this is is things i've found help me win a little more on my journey to repping him up a little.

First we must discuss the few aspects about Aramusha that allow him to even pull wins. Mastering these will give you the ability to confidently take Aramusha against stacked odds and potentially pull a win. The first one and in my opinion the most important one, is learning to delay your deadly feints. Aramusha has a small window after throwing a heavy finisher where he can deadly feint it into a light for another direction. Within this instance he can slightly delay the deadly feint. This is what helps you not get parried by static guard heros so often and makes those pesky assassins message you about the hero saying he shouldn't even exist (yes this literally happened to me today.

Visually from your side it's not going to be too noticeable unless you're doing a heavy finisher after landing a heavy. But still the difference is important enough that it does mess people up consistently. The second core aspect about Aramusha is his heavies. They're currently 600ms. Meaning they beat out feint into GB and most other feint options. You'll need to quickly pick up the bait someone is using against you and counter it by throwing a raw heavy. Side heavies are 32 damage and guarantee a top light. Land this enough times and they'll be less aggressive with feints and try to watch you more. Which is good. Best thing you can do with any character is condition your opponent and then breaking said condition to ruin their mind space. Don't be discouraged if your timing isn't going well. If parried you'll take minimal damage from most heros.

Last core aspect of aramusha that you'll need in your back pocket is feint into blade blockade. Aramusha has pretty fast feints in general but this one is pretty cheeky and opens up options for you. Of course you can't do this all the time because you'll just be baited into a GB. but it's a nice option to have in the back pocket to further assert your dominance on your opponents mind. I had a particularly good use of this where the guy would not stop trying to parry the small combo I was doing. So I ended the combo once with a feint into BB and he just RQed after I chunked his health.

So with those out of the way lets talk about his options from blade blockade and how to get the most use out of them:

Twin vipers (top heavy) is your high damage punish. It doesn't work on lights of any kind. It's some what consistent with heavies (doesn't work on static guard heros with their guard up top.) Guaranteed on high recovery attacks like heavy finishers. Honestly this will not be used as damage straight up. It's mainly to get into your mix up. I'll explain. For whatever reason if you deadly feint an attack to either side and it lands the top light is 100% guaranteed. SO. If you want to combo someone BB>Top heavy> top heavy deadly feinted into left or right> top light. From there you can go on to do whatever you want to do.

Fury unleashed (side unblockable) is essentially Raiders stunning tap mix up. But it's slightly worse. in that the unblockable portion has no tracking or lunge what so ever. So most back dodges will get you away from any mix up he does if you back dash on reaction to the unblockable start up. Heros with poor back dash distance, poor back dash recovery and bad back dash distance are forced to deal with it. (poor back dash recovery heros have escaped this in my experience. But the timing seems to be tight.) You have your bog standard deadly feint into top (which is 400ms) or side (500ms) Alternatively you can hard feint it if the person is going for a parry and you know they are committing to it and parry. But if you know they're trying to bait you you can hard feint and then same side light. Most of the time they eat the hit as they're recovering. Slower heavies like LB's can be hit by your heavy in this fashion if he even hesitates slightly before feinting. Hard feint into GB doesn't really work here because as I mentioned the unblockable portion doesn't give you any forward movement.

Ring the bell (light) is your go to standard punish on BB. After doing ring the bell you can quite quickly follow up with a GB. I've yet to come across someone who can tech this. Likely because it's not done very often. But I do know it's techable from talking to some players who are much better at the game than I am. I've never managed to land a raw light or heavy after ring the bell. My only other reasonable suggestion would be zoning right after.

Kick. Kick functions as a ledge tool. The only other thing it can give you is a side heavy into top light if you manage to splat someone. If you're far enough away dashing side heavy seems guaranteed as well. I can't really recommend this to OOS someone as Aramusha has no OOS presence or ways to open someone defending themselves in OOS.

Other tips?
~zone can be used similarly like the fury unleashed mix up. Where you same side from unblockable light/heavy depending on the hero you fight. And since the unblockable portion does move you forward some what you can cancel into GB rather quickly. Not a consistent option but it is an option.

~Top dash heavy can be used for bait games or trading to start your combo.

~To recap. deadly feinted side lights if landed WILL guarantee a top light.

~depending on your opponents skill you may choose to occasionally throw in a raw heavy during your combo. If you get that far in a combo that is.

I think that wraps it up. Good luck out there!

UbiInsulin
03-20-2018, 07:46 PM
Awesome work, Raime! Hope people can make use of these tips on their own Aramusha journeys.

BTTrinity
03-20-2018, 07:49 PM
A mix up I learned, that I've used with quite a bit of success is: Side light > (from the opposite side) throw a heavy (it will be a finisher) > and you can soft feint it to another side (Even the same direction that you started it in)

Thanks for your tips tho, I learned a couple things.

Knight_Raime
03-20-2018, 11:17 PM
A mix up I learned, that I've used with quite a bit of success is: Side light > (from the opposite side) throw a heavy (it will be a finisher) > and you can soft feint it to another side (Even the same direction that you started it in)

Thanks for your tips tho, I learned a couple things.

Hmm. I wouldn't think that would work. But i'll give it a try.
and i'm glad you learned something!

BTTrinity
03-21-2018, 12:14 AM
Hmm. I wouldn't think that would work. But i'll give it a try.
and i'm glad you learned something!

Its kind of hard to do consistently but once you get it down, it'll definitely be useful.