PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking

Brothur.
03-19-2018, 12:37 AM
tell me why i get matched with 12-15 prestige on my 1st and 2nd day playing.

this is legit why people probably quit this game

Danish_Crusader
03-19-2018, 12:42 AM
High reputation level does not mean that they are in any way good. I have met rep 0s who were godlike(Non-smurfs) and rep 40s couldn't fight off a leaf if their life depended on it.
And when you are new, you don't know all the buttons properly yet, give it time. Spend some time in the "How to Play" area against level 1 bots, learn to block, parry and dodge, it helps a lot, trust me, I spent about 4 hours in there learning how to do just that and it helped a lot!

Brothur.
03-19-2018, 12:46 AM
No. These people are way to good to be in a game with lvl 1/2's

Also you can only play domination bc no one plays anything else. All that happens is 1v1's with someone else stabbing u in the back to make it a 2v1. This **** is so lame

Brothur.
03-19-2018, 04:55 AM
Can anyone explain this to me yet?

Every game I get 0 prestige on my team and the entire enemy has it.

It's my 2nd day for crying out loud. Why can't I play with people on the same level as I?

Is it really because no one is playing the game that I have to be paired with these people?

Tundra 793
03-19-2018, 05:09 AM
Like Crusader said, high Rep is by no means an indication of skill. I'm Rep 50-something and at best, average. The game therefore doesn't look solely at a players Reputation level, but at deeper statistics, like K/D ratios.
Even when I was new, I could run into players Rep 100+ and kill them in 3 moves.

The best suggestion is still; Practice. Try duels against bots and like Crusader said, spend time in the "How to Play" sections. For Honor Isn't a game one can necessarily pick up and master in one day. If you've not even finished the Story Mode but jumped straight into Dominion matches, you're going to be ice skating uphill. It's not impossible, but you're in for a hell of a ride.

Any more information you could provide would also help us to help you. What's your platform? Which hero do you play as?

Brothur.
03-19-2018, 05:47 AM
There is a huge difference in skill. I have not gotten 1 class to lvl 20.

the guys im going against are lvl 10+

that means they have leveled their character 10+ times to 20.

how do you think this is even legit?

Tundra 793
03-19-2018, 05:52 AM
There is a huge difference in skill. I have not gotten 1 class to lvl 20.

the guys im going against are lvl 10+

that means they have leveled their character 10+ times to 20.

how do you think this is even legit?

It's legit in that the game looks further than the 1 single metric of levels, and as many a player can attest; Level ≠ Skill.
Understanding the core game mechanics will do wonders for you, and you need not be high level to do so. Learning how to parry, or just block consistently, and you're in the game.

But again, letting us know your platform and preferred hero lets the people here better understand how to help you.

Cliff_001
03-19-2018, 06:21 AM
Just do bots PvP is so unbalanced and broken right now and you will probably have more fun playing ai right now.

Brothur.
03-19-2018, 07:23 AM
Just do bots PvP is so unbalanced and broken right now and you will probably have more fun playing ai right now.

i suck and bots are still braindead.

Idk what to play. I like Valk. I know all her moves but just feels bad.

Anytime I have to do a quest, I just get destroyed (such as 25 takedowns with Vanguard)

The shaman and peacekeeper are annoying bc they attack so fast.

Centurion does so many unstoppables I can't do anything

I can time the reflects on unstoppables all day in practice, can't do it in matchmaking

Idk what im doing wrong. Latency?

pimmas01
03-19-2018, 03:25 PM
it can be pretty rough for new people but this does not compare to traditional fightinggames. it took me maybe 5h to get used to basics and feel like i got the hang of it enough to properly play against other people, before that i was a punchingbag trying to learn how to counter GB's and remember what my attacks were.
stuff like Street Fighter takes 50h+, and then you're still just scratching on the surface

pick a character you think you can enjoy playing and focus on learning rather than how much you're dying. ignore the banter in chat and see highrep people as a chance to learn.
the learning curve is only steep the first few prestiges. at 4-5 and up the difference is less obvious

EvoX.
03-19-2018, 05:03 PM
For Honor is not newb-friendly at all when it comes to the people it pairs you with. If you don't get matched with people around your level, then that simply means those rep 11's you're facing are the lowest there currently are on the matchmaking.

My advice would be to just sit through the losses until you get the hang of the game and start holding your own. I got completely trashed on my first weeks, my KDR is probably abysmal because of it, but the game was still very fun so I didn't consider quitting at all. Do the advanced tutorial, practice versus the level 1-3 AI, look up some videos. The combat basics in For Honor, unlike the matchmaking, are very newb-friendly, so you'll be an average player in no time.

M4RKSG4MES
03-19-2018, 06:06 PM
They have NEVER EVER got matchmaking right since day1 despite all the so called updates ,its same for players who use diff hero 4 1st time, saying on skill is b*lls**t a rep 12/13 SHOULD have higher skill level than someone using 4 1st time PlUS must have FAR better gear and weaponry, LOADsS of people have left game after playing for 1st time for SAME reason, matchmaking is backwards you SHOULD choose hero THEN be matched accordingly NOt matched 1st then thrown in with the lions ,you are NOT the 1st to complain about matchmaking and WONT be last until they sort system out , i've had level 1 hero with 3 yes 3 bots against reps 20/15?40 odd/ and 7 , OBVIOUSLY got totally smashed , i've playeD 1000's games since launch and maybe 2 in 100 have been evenly matched

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Are you playing on console or PC?

Brothur.
03-19-2018, 07:08 PM
Thank you for the pep talk lol. It's so frustrating sometimes. I am awful at fighting games but I cant get enough of this one.

How do I complete quests for skirmish/deathmatch when no one plays them?

I can't even find a game vs AI.

Do custom games count? I feel like they dont.

And why does no one play this game mode more? I got to play a few times over the weekend because there was actually people que'ing.

The most honor I have ever seen in a game, everytime.

Not once did someone 2v1 or stab you in the back. They sat by you and waited their turn.

Domination just turns into a zerg fest with 2/3/4v1.

Brothur.
03-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Playing on PC

The hardest champs to play against is Conqueror and Shaman.

Conq - Unstoppable, Unstoppable, Jumps on me. Goodbye 1/2 hp. Stand up and the process is repeated and nothing I can do when against a wall.
I wanted to play this, but I can't figure out that combo

Shaman - Jumps on you or slide tackles you into oblivion. Also the move where she puts you on your knees and bleeds you is devastating.

I like Valk, and a few other classes. I have classes leveled up that im unable to play for some reason :confused:

Brothur.
03-19-2018, 08:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/wOF3ohH.jpg

Is this in anyway good matchmaking?

I get they might not be "good" but they have hit lvl 20 43 times. Im sitting here without hitting lvl 20. zzzzz

ChampionRuby50g
03-20-2018, 12:32 AM
i suck and bots are still braindead.

Idk what to play. I like Valk. I know all her moves but just feels bad.

Anytime I have to do a quest, I just get destroyed (such as 25 takedowns with Vanguard)

The shaman and peacekeeper are annoying bc they attack so fast.

Centurion does so many unstoppables I can't do anything

I can time the reflects on unstoppables all day in practice, can't do it in matchmaking

Idk what im doing wrong. Latency?

Valk is considered to be one of the worst heroes right now, so you are kinda handicapping yourself with that. I would know, mine is Rep 17 and havenít touched her since Season 2 basically because she simply isnít viable.

PK and Shaman are also the top tier heroes, so itís only natural to have some trouble against them especially if you are just starting out so donít beat yourself up too much.

You also canít deflect ( I assume thatís what you mean by reflects?) unblockable attacks. The only way to avoid them is to parry at the right time when the icon flashes, or dodge at the right time.

Sometime soon (cough) there is a Training Arena mode been released into the game that will help us all vastly. Iím not sure exactly how itíll work, but itíll help.

As mentioned too, Rep isnít a true indicator of skill. It shows how long a player has played that certain hero, but in saying that, you can deduct that a higher the Rep, more time played means more experience gathered. Of course there are outliers, I know Rep 150+ people who would be average, and played against lower reps whoíve performed well.

As for your orders for Elim/Skirmish, when you go to the AI part you can turn matchaking off and youíll go straight into a game with only bots on your team, vsing bots. Everything in there goes towards your orders/quests as you call them. No one plays these modes though because the rewards arenít good enough. Not enough steel, not enough XP at the end of matches to make it worth it, and after months of complaining and us providing the solution Ubi still doesnít raise the XP gain...

Card1acArrest
03-20-2018, 12:15 PM
train vs bot level 2. custom the type bot. NOT the sahugoki.

ONLY BLOCK FOR 30 MINUTES.

PARRY FOR 30 minutes.

good luck!

Brothur.
03-20-2018, 10:59 PM
Going into bots to practiced helped so much.

Hard to right click at the right time with incoming attacks so I try not to unless its super slow.

Thats sad valk is so bad because I love her. I have been doing really well with her as I know her entire move set.

Maybe no one knows how to play against it lol.

Anyone want to play a match together? I play everyday and keep getting orders for them :/

Dry.Fish
03-20-2018, 11:49 PM
Valk is definitely fun to play. After you get the parries down try practicing her superior block/deflect and knowing when to go for shoulder pin or GB. Delaying your lights and sweeps help also.

Orisoll
03-25-2018, 12:01 AM
I just got out of a match with 3 new players (overall rep 0-5) for teammates, while the enemy team has 3 40+ rep players and one rep 236. I **** you not, nobody on my team had a single takedown. The matchmaking might as well be random.