PDA

View Full Version : For Honor is WAY BETTER on Console

JayyRupp
03-18-2018, 07:58 AM
This is probably the only game I've ever heard of that plays better with a lower frame rate. I urge everyone who dropped For Honor on PC to try it again on console. It feels like an entirely different game and has way more active players.

#1yearlate

Halvtand
03-18-2018, 02:04 PM
While I do own FH on both PC and PS4. I haven't played on my PS since before dedicated servers were applied. I went to PC exclusively for the higher framerate, better sense of control and communication (having a full keyboard to type with makes this a lot easier). What exactly makes Console better now?

Hormly
03-18-2018, 03:40 PM
I suspect this person is deliberately silly

Jarl.Felix
03-18-2018, 04:47 PM
I dont know, watching others playing on PS/Xbox... even the fighting style seems more different, more fluid, more prone to mistakes ( which in fact makes it much more enjoyable).

On PC all you see is perfect feints/parries and much, much more unbalanced chars.

Cliff_001
03-18-2018, 04:52 PM
Well considering the game is clearly balanced for pc I'm going to say a solid no.

EvoX.
03-18-2018, 04:53 PM
Hopefully this is sarcasm.

GrislyAccord
03-18-2018, 06:27 PM
I've been playing it on Xbox for two or three months now and it's my favorite game on there. (I don't typically enjoy games on Xbox, especially first-person shooters--the controls are too damned clunky.) But this thing feels much more responsive on PC and definitely looks better. I'm up to reputation four on xbox, but just cracked rep. one on PC. Just wish I could play with only bots like on XBox.

What I've learned about multiplayer on PC with real people is this: it's entirely populated by kill stealin sonsa@#$#!es. And the other day I was playing dominion on the Sentinel map and MY OWN FRICKIN TEAM MATE kept trying to shoot me with the crossbow. I kept seeing these bolts go whizzing by while I was battling in section A, and I'd glance over, see it was my own teammate and figure he was just trying to get the badguy while I was battling him. But then I'm standing there by myself and he shoots me through the throat. WTF?

Hormly
03-18-2018, 07:56 PM
I've been playing it on Xbox for two or three months now and it's my favorite game on there. (I don't typically enjoy games on Xbox, especially first-person shooters--the controls are too damned clunky.) But this thing feels much more responsive on PC and definitely looks better. I'm up to reputation four on xbox, but just cracked rep. one on PC. Just wish I could play with only bots like on XBox.

What I've learned about multiplayer on PC with real people is this: it's entirely populated by kill stealin sonsa@#$#!es. And the other day I was playing dominion on the Sentinel map and MY OWN FRICKIN TEAM MATE kept trying to shoot me with the crossbow. I kept seeing these bolts go whizzing by while I was battling in section A, and I'd glance over, see it was my own teammate and figure he was just trying to get the badguy while I was battling him. But then I'm standing there by myself and he shoots me through the throat. WTF?

You can play with only bots on pc sir just turn off matchmaking

GrislyAccord
03-19-2018, 03:21 AM

Oh. Okay. Sweet. Thanks!

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-19-2018, 04:06 PM

I dont imagine the majority wants to play a game like this exclusively against bots.

And to the everyone else, this game is better on a console because they are whats keeping this game alive. All I read is how no one can find a duel or elimination match on PC. I NEVER have an issue on the X1. They are clearly more active then PC FH players. Its not always about hardware, and the X1 has the best online community, period.

XJadeDragoonX
03-20-2018, 12:10 AM
It's funny that so many people disagree or think he's joking when the only joke is the for Honor player base on pc lol. Console is definitely better. It's how the game is supposed to be played. It was designed for console. Look back at the early interviews. The devs said it themselves. And for anyone who honestly thinks it's balanced for PC, you're out of your minds lol.

Trenk2009
03-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Lol u funny. Every player I know that switched from console to PC swear that PC is way better. Console is just a spam fest compared to PC. Skill ceiling is way higher.

ChampionRuby50g
03-20-2018, 09:03 AM
And on the other hand, I never really experienced what was the ďdefensive metaĒ where players would do nothing but turtle and wait for attacks. That just did not happen in 99/100 games I played. I use that figure because it would be naive to deny it never happened, but the rate it happened was hardly there. Combat was always more flowy, quicker, and fun and there wasnít any turtles. It was a PC issue for me.

Hormly
03-20-2018, 01:28 PM
The console peasants are rationalizing again

ChampionRuby50g
03-20-2018, 08:19 PM
And the PC elitists are blind again

bob333e
03-20-2018, 08:43 PM
PC is only better than consoles when you own the latest super-powerful beast machine that can run everything at 60fps 4K with dual GPUs installed in SLI, and not running into any issues or any bugs whatsoever, which is an extremely rare case in the gaming community, especially considering the price of such builds firsthand.

The PC vs console myth still held true up until the release of the PS4 / XBone because these two are pretty powerful and they have minimized graphical differences between console and PC. And these differences were minimized even further when the PS4 Pro and XB1X came out.

Strictly speaking of For Honor, most of what was visible in terms of graphical difference, was slightly better shading and shadow projection on the PC version. That's it. Simply because beast PC machines have beast GPUs that can process ten times what the consoles can, in terms of shading.

Consoles aren't locked to 30fps because they're unable to handle the workload; they're locked to 30fps because it's a global standard "safety" certification requirement that's required out of every developer by their publishers in order to release their games (on consoles). Developers have a responsibility to not fry up your console because then the publishers would be the first to eat sh!t and they don't want that.

You have the Nintendo WiiU running Bayonetta at 60fps net, and the WiiU is even weaker than the PS4 and XBone. Because the deal on development of Bayonetta involved marketing the game at 60fps and was specially developed and marketed as such. Nintendo can go the extra mile because they trust their consoles more than Sony or Microsoft trust their own. And they don't want "headaches".

Considering For Honor's case, For Honor on PC is seeing a multitude of bugs and technical issues that don't even happen on consoles. And For Honor largely doesn't run on laptops unless you own the most expensive gaming laptops.

There's no single "winner" here. As long as you have a beast PC that's able to run everything at max settings without a hiccup, you're good. And as long as you have a next-gen console and a TV that supports Game Mode, you're good. It all falls down to personal preference.

This was the first post of this kind that I respond to, and will be the last post of this kind that I respond to. The For Honor community is already split, toxic, and child-brained at large, we don't need a platform war as a cake-topping.

SA1MON_Majestic
03-22-2018, 07:04 PM
I played both and i agree with the idea of console being more fluid, purely because people couldn't do as well on console. I run a pretty decent PC and having a good resolution and frame-rate, usually staying around 60fps, makes it easier to track and anticipate a enemy's move. This allows people to me more predictive on PC, while console players just react. Thus if you don't react fast enough then your enemy can easily get more chains off on you.

Felheric
03-22-2018, 08:57 PM
For Honor is still mainly branded as "fighting game". How many "fighting games" run at 30 fps on console?
I know cant compare 2.5D fighting games to full 3D o*****h world 4v4 games modes game but still if we look at some mechanincs. ( like whiff punishing or reacting to stuff. In for honor fast zones or feint mixups, parrying. In classics fighters reacting to overhead, low, reacting to jumps,armoring gaps in certain strings etc. imagine that in 30 fps instead 60 fps and still arguing well this is how the game should be.
I am not pc elitist, I buyed ps4 just to play mkx like 1,5 year ago because pc port have **** netcode at that time. Would I buy For Honor if there is 60 fps on console, YES and I think many people who own both setups would.
If poeple will still argue that 30fps is fine standart for demanding new games, well than consoles will be stuck forever there. and as result games made for both platforms will suffer inbalances affecting both parties in negative way. And the dream of crossplatform gaming with one big community will never come.

UbiJurassic
03-22-2018, 10:22 PM
Let's try not to flame anyone because they don't have the same preferred platform as you. ;)

salekr
03-23-2018, 09:07 AM
This is probably the only game I've ever heard of that plays better with a lower frame rate. I urge everyone who dropped For Honor on PC to try it again on console. It feels like an entirely different game and has way more active players. #1yearlate

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice one;)

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-23-2018, 03:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice one;)

I know I can play any gamemode I want, not so much PC players.

Im sure it runs better in a lot of aspects on PC. I just say with the population higher on consoles its better there.

Hormly
03-23-2018, 04:03 PM
Maybe ill try capping my fps at 30 for the real FH experience 😄

Hormly
03-23-2018, 04:05 PM
Lol u funny. Every player I know that switched from console to PC swear that PC is way better. Console is just a spam fest compared to PC. Skill ceiling is way higher.

I see posts on a weekly basis asking if its possible to transfer progress from console to PC...

...Nobody ever asks about transfering to console 😆

This is getting quite sad, ubi needs tp work on a way to transfer data between systems honestly

Cliff_001
03-23-2018, 05:37 PM
I mostly play on console and I can say pc is better balanced by far. I'd love for someone to play 4v4 console and tell me the game is fair, if they do they are either joking or straight up trolling. I honestly can't take the game seriously in a competitive since anymore its a completely different game on each.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-23-2018, 06:12 PM
I'd love for someone to play 4v4 console and tell me the game is fair, if they do they are either joking or straight up trolling.

Or they could just have a different opinion. Its happens you know.

Jarnnave
03-23-2018, 06:12 PM
I play on PC and this game looks/feels amazing when played at 90 to 100 frames per second, on high settings.
The video card is an Asus Rx 470 ROG Strix and the Monitor is an ASUS MG248QR (1080P, 144Hz, 1ms, with free-sync).
A chain is only as strong as the weakest link so...
Modem: Arris SB8200 (Capable of 1 Gig download speed, connected with DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM )
Router: Ubiquiti Networks EdgeRouter-Lite - (1 million packets per second for 64-byte packets)

The game just starts looking good at 60 FPS...
No way is this game better or even equal on a console playing at 30 frames per second.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-23-2018, 06:36 PM
I play on PC and this game looks/feels amazing when played at 90 to 100 frames per second, on high settings.
The video card is an Asus Rx 470 ROG Strix and the Monitor is an ASUS MG248QR (1080P, 144Hz, 1ms, with free-sync).
A chain is only as strong as the weakest link so...
Modem: Arris SB8200 (Capable of 1 Gig download speed, connected with DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM )
Router: Ubiquiti Networks EdgeRouter-Lite - (1 million packets per second for 64-byte packets)

The game just starts looking good at 60 FPS...
No way is this game better or even equal on a console playing at 30 frames per second.

I like how people spew out hardware info, thats not the reason the OP said it was better. And neither is that the reason I gave either. The fact is I can play what I want, when I want on console. All I hear about are empty rooms and long wait times. I get neither on console. Ill take a robust population, and short wait times over a fancy graphics card any day.

Also why do PC players act like everyone is running the latest thing? You may hvae a supped up PC, the next man just runs enough to run the game. All PCs are not created equal. Another reason Ill take console any day.

Cliff_001
03-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Or they could just have a different opinion. Its happens you know.
People can find the game fun sure I'm not taking that away from them, but there is a deference between fun and fair (to me at least) and I don't find either of those in the game right now (again on console).

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-23-2018, 06:39 PM
People can find the game fun sure I'm not taking that away from them, but there is a deference between fun and fair (to me at least) and I don't find either of those in the game right now (again on console).

Then perhaps you should step away from the game. Im not trying to be a jerk, but if its not fun dont force yourself. Take a break and perhaps in a few days/weeks/months youll want to pick it back up. If youd like you can add me, EIGHTYYARDS NYC, I can at least promise to make it fun.

I play on the X1

Cliff_001
03-23-2018, 06:50 PM
Then perhaps you should step away from the game. Im not trying to be a jerk, but if its not fun dont force yourself. Take a break and perhaps in a few days/weeks/months youll want to pick it back up. If youd like you can add me, EIGHTYYARDS NYC, I can at least promise to make it fun.

I play on the X1
No offense taken, I've been taking a break for the past couple of weeks and playing other games. I'm really just waiting for s6 to see where the balance is going and if its more of the same in most likely going to move away from the game. Just feel like ubi is catering to the pc crowd pretty much exclusively and console is getting screwed over.

Edit: I'm also on x1 and ill see about possibly adding you mine's same as forum.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-23-2018, 06:55 PM
Edit: I'm also on x1 and ill see about possibly adding you mine's same as forum.

Ill add you, if youre bored give it a shot. I usually have a full room, all adults, at the worse youll have a few laughs.

ChampionRuby50g
03-24-2018, 12:18 AM
Lol at the person busting out their PC specs like Iím supposed to be impressed. That always sounds like a massive d1ck waving contest to see whose is bigger, but Iím just sitting here on a couch, with a 4K tv and Xbox one X with mates around me looking at graphics thatís better than some of the PC builds out there having a great time. Imagine a PC gamer having friends around and then all crowding around one small screen, cooped up and hunched on a desk. Sounds like heaps of fun to me.