PDA

View Full Version : Loot variety is hot garbage

XJadeDragoonX
03-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Watsup with that? I feel like I get a pretty substantial amount of loot. I won't deny that. But it's all the same gear. There's no variety. I had 20 loot chests and decided to just open them because I wanted a certain berserker arm piece and chest piece. Maybe an axe handle or two. 20 chests. That's 100 pieces of gear that I looted. And I didn't get a single thing I wanted. I just get the same gear pieces over and over and over and over...

10 hours later....

And over and over and over and over.

Dry.Fish
03-17-2018, 04:39 PM
After a dominion match I completed two orders, leveled up one rep and got three of the same items.
Been trying to find a refined shaft with the stats I want and the Kraken head piece for my rep 12 Valk with no luck.

EvoX.
03-17-2018, 04:46 PM
I actually wanted to make a thread about this.

The drop chance of the new Season 5 gear is excessively low. Since S5 launched, my Warden jumped 4 reputations (from 8 to 12), so that's easily over 200 matches played and ~400 drops. I also opened 20 loot crates with the 5-item option, so that's another 100. I've gotten:

1 Divine Right hilt
1 Our Lady of Serenity guard

Two new items from around 500. I can't count how many times I've seen the boring and useless level 1 gear that now drops 60% of the time as a Legendary, as if that mattered. And it's not like we're farming for the best gear in the game, plenty of items that can support a top-tier build drop every day. The problem is they look like crap, and we can't get the good looking gear because it's rarer than an MMO drop.

Usually in games, the crap loot stat-wise drops very frequently, and then you can transmogrify the bad looking but good stat-wise items that drop rarely to look like them. First time I see this reversed.

bob333e
03-17-2018, 05:05 PM
The loot crates are a joke, and the RNG gear system even a bigger joke. The whole 'Scavenge Gear' tab in the menu is a joke.

We should be able to craft / forge gear, transmog gear, and the crates should hold Steel and Salvage (and crafting resources) when we open them. No more RNG loot end-match and no more "no loot found" screens. We get Steel, Salvage, and XP after matches.

In order to save specific weapon or armor appearances, we must first forge / craft them, then "study" them. Studying them will disintegrate them but we save their appearances in a journal.

We should be able to re-forge previously forged gear to modify look, material, or weapon / armor engravings.

Refine Gear should allow full flexibility in playing with the stat sliders. And we can refine again should we wish to re-modify stats.

Refine Gear should add an extra layer of "sharpened look" to weapons and an extra layer of "solid armor padding" to armor pieces.

"Forge Gear" should replace "Scavenge Gear" in the menu. All gear is viewable but we may only craft/forge those that match our tier or those that are lower tier.

Forging weapons and armor, in terms of materials, should require more than just Salvage. We should be able to loot other materials after matches, which have lower drop rates, which can then be used for forging. Like, I need bronze and copper to make bronze/copper armor. I need obsidian to make Black Iron armor.

To delve a bit further: I need 50 Bronze Scrap , 120 Salvage, and 80 Steel to make a common-tier bronze chestpiece. Salvage is guaranteed drop after every match but Bronze Scrap isn't, it drops like every 4 matches or so.

Forging, transmog, and refining shouldn't cost tons of Steel. Steel should be primarily for gear upgrade and for ornaments.

Ornaments you unlock or buy may be reforged too. You can change their materials.

Last but not least: there should be an in-game gear trading system between players. A starting newbie needs a silver Arcturus chestpiece, no problem, I'll craft him that, it costs 80 Silver Bars, 200 Salvage and 130 Steel and he probably doesn't have all that silver so I can help him, in exchange for some other item, or he can conclude it with a Steel trade, if I ask for 750 Steel for example.

One more thing: Bronze Scrap and Bronze Bars are different. You'd need like 15 Bronze Scrap to make 1 Bronze Bar. So yeah, a good chestpiece needing 80 Silver Bars, that's a lot of Silver Scrap, newbies likely wouldn't have all that Silver.

You may only access the Silver material once you reach Heroic tier, but I can still go forge a common-tier Silver chestpiece and give it to a newbie if they want a trade.

Iron - common tier
Bronze & Copper - rare tier
Silver - heroic tier
Obsidian - epic tier
Gold - legendary tier

Event-specific gear during special events like Frost Wind Festival or Apollyon's Legacy would have their own tab inside the "Forge Gear" menu, and when the event ends, the whole tab goes away. And these would need rare materials lootable during the duration of the event. Also, during the event, we should get tough orders that when completed reward us with rare materials for crafting (as well as Steel and XP, of course).

XJadeDragoonX
03-17-2018, 05:23 PM
All I want is the left head of the bearded dragon. I've never gotten it. And ive gone up like 5 reps since the beginning of the season

And anyone notice how most refined gear has the absolute worst stats? -1000 percent attack. But +8% execution health regen. Let's do that! Not

bob333e
03-17-2018, 05:30 PM
All I want is the left head of the bearded dragon. I've never gotten it. And ive gone up like 5 reps since the beginning of the season

And anyone notice how most refined gear has the absolute worst stats? -1000 percent attack. But +8% execution health regen. Let's do that! Not

Pop Ranked Duel once a day and half-arse the Qualifiers then make yourself lose at the first Quarter Finals. Ranked Duel has guaranteed loot after every match, and it sometimes drops the better parts. You might loot something worthy in that mode.

Loot crates generally have a higher percentage of worse gear.

XJadeDragoonX
03-17-2018, 05:36 PM
Pop Ranked Duel once a day and half-arse the Qualifiers then make yourself lose at the first Quarter Finals. Ranked Duel has guaranteed loot after every match, and it sometimes drops the better parts. You might loot something worthy in that mode.

Loot crates generally have a higher percentage of worse gear.

I do a decent amount of ranked duels already tbh. Doesn't really give me much

bob333e
03-17-2018, 06:02 PM
I do a decent amount of ranked duels already tbh. Doesn't really give me much

It's still your best bet to avoid the "no loot found" screen, but yeah, most of my good stuff came from normal matches, not from ranked or crates. Only like once or twice have I ever gotten something worthy from crates. Never count on crates to give you something good. In fact, the whole "Scavenge Gear" tab has a higher percentage of sh!t gear spawning in your face. You're better off playing normally and just waiting for RNGesus to finally grant you a blessing.

UbiJurassic
03-17-2018, 06:23 PM
Thanks for voicing your feedback on the looting system everyone. While I can't guarantee that we'll be looking into readjusting it, I'd be more than happy to send your concerns along to the team for their consideration as we move forward.

GeneraISoIo
03-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Thanks for voicing your feedback on the looting system everyone. While I can't guarantee that we'll be looking into readjusting it, I'd be more than happy to send your concerns along to the team for their consideration as we move forward.

I've had a few threads on this issue. Please pass along that this is getting near the Battlefront 2 area for me. I don't think loot boxes are the best idea for a progression system. With that said, I just wanted one piece of a weapon set, and it took WAY too long to get. One week, 8000 steel, and played with nothing but the hero in attempt to get it. That is just too much. If they just had a way to tell what is in the inventory and prevent so many duplicates, it would be manageable. But the duplicates are too extreme at this point.

XJadeDragoonX
03-17-2018, 07:12 PM
I'm cool with the rate they drop at. It's just I get the same exact pieces of gear. They need to just make it so if you've ever gathered a piece of gear, you have that cosmetic locked. That way we can delete all the gear we don't need instead of holding it so we can transform another piece of gear

Veerdin-Wraith
03-17-2018, 10:40 PM
I noticed this especially badly during the Test Your Metal event.

I made it a personal goal to unlock a full set of the limited time gear for each character I had unlocked at the time - didn't care if it was basic or legendary teir, as long as I had at least one of each. And every single time, I ran into the same issue: I'd get about 4-5 of the 6 peices I needed, and spend literal hours waiting for the final piece to drop. For Kensei it was the sword handle, for Warden it was the blade, for Shinobi it was the chest piece... And so on and so fourth.

Right up until the point it finally did drop, and then I'd get it again constantly! It's like the game randomly selected one bit of gear and said "This one will have a 10% drop rate, the rest will be 60% drop rate, have fun!!!!" at complete random.

I eventually did manage to equip all my heroes just before the event ended (didn't have Centurion, Gladiator or Shaman unlocked at the time, but I don't really enjoy playing any of those classes so I'm not fussed.) but good lord it took me forever to find some of those pieces! I must have burned through enough salvage crates to build a castle!

Jarl.Felix
03-17-2018, 10:46 PM

Somehow, I'm starting to hate so much this robo-****-posting. :rolleyes: Every thread has no ****ing real answers.. too bad.

BTTrinity
03-17-2018, 11:22 PM
Somehow, I'm starting to hate so much this robo-****-posting. :rolleyes: Every thread has no ****ing real answers.. too bad.

What else do u want him to do? Dude is a moderator, not a dev, not someone who makes calls.

Hes here to relay information from us to the devs, and to moderate the community.

bob333e
03-17-2018, 11:26 PM

The Community Representatives represent Ubisoft's official word for the most part so you can't expect him to reply with "yea man what can I do dawg, das how dis shyet is mayn, 'tis ugly I know but idk I guess they did it like that for the lolz, lol I hate ubi too"

Secondly, dude has no relation whatsoever with what the dev team ultimately decides; let's not blame the Community Reps if the dev team isn't sharing information yet.

Jarl.Felix
03-18-2018, 12:51 AM
No, their job now is to MIMIC an interaction with the playerbase. This kind of copy-paste responses are better not even typed anymore Enough is enough. Same style all over again and again. It's either you come up with some proper answers/informations/news or not at all.

Veerdin-Wraith
03-18-2018, 11:42 AM
What's the point of having a community representative if they're not allowed to actually tell us anything?

Don't get me wrong; I appreciate the whole "don't worry, guys, we're not ignoring you!" Assurance here and there, but it seems like that's all we ever get!

ChampionRuby50g
03-18-2018, 12:18 PM
The thing I feel we are missing, is that we donít ever hear anything back about our ideas. I do believe the mods send them to the dev team, but we never hear what the dev team thinks of the ideas, or in this case, we wonít hear if the dev team decide that they wonít be changing the loot system. The only way we ever get that information is through questions asked on the Warriors den stream, and even then the devs pick and choose what to answer. So a lot of the time we are still left in the dark, which comes down to transparency issues between us, the community, and the developer team. The moderators, such as UbiJurassic, try to bridge that gap between us, and often actually donít know any more than we do because of this one simple reason. They arenít apart of the For Honor dev team. I also think (I may be wrong as I basically only frequent the FH forum) that the mods have to manage a few different Ubisoft Forums.

What Iím trying to say though, is that while they convey our messages over, perhaps they never even receive an answer from the dev team on them. More of a mere acknowledgment that they are now aware this is how we feel, and thatís it. That is on the dev team, not the mods and to have a go at the mods is unfair and uncalled for. The mods do not ignore us, and they care about the game and future of it just as much as we do. Itís the developer team that is sorely lacking, IMO.

EvoX.
03-18-2018, 05:27 PM
The mods do not ignore us, and they care about the game and future of it just as much as we do. It’s the developer team that is sorely lacking, IMO.

Or they could be just as disinterested as the dev team. Wouldn't be surprised with how robotic, textbook and corporate their replies are. Not saying they should act like a random toxic player, they represent a multi-million company after all, but this bureaucracy is unnecessary, especially since what binds us all here is a game. If they started talking a bit like actual players rather than automated messengers, they'd be more convincing. The basically zero inside info also doesn't help.

And anyway, when was the last time someone proposed an idea on the forum, a CM said they'd forward it to the devs and it actually got implemented? Not trying to hate on them, just genuinely curious, I've only been here since the end of Season 4.

XJadeDragoonX
03-18-2018, 06:21 PM
While I do disagree with you guys, I feel like we are getting away from what this topic was about.

How would you guys suggest the devs change this loot problem? Do you think there should be an equal chance of looting any piece of gear?

I rely want a transmog system. I'm holding on to a bunch of pieces of gear just in case I want to use it's visuals even though it has crappy stats. But I'm also stockpiling the ugly gear that has great stats for later.

ChampionRuby50g
03-18-2018, 08:29 PM
Or they could be just as disinterested as the dev team. Wouldn't be surprised with how robotic, textbook and corporate their replies are. Not saying they should act like a random toxic player, they represent a multi-million company after all, but this bureaucracy is unnecessary, especially since what binds us all here is a game. If they started talking a bit like actual players rather than automated messengers, they'd be more convincing. The basically zero inside info also doesn't help.

And anyway, when was the last time someone proposed an idea on the forum, a CM said they'd forward it to the devs and it actually got implemented? Not trying to hate on them, just genuinely curious, I've only been here since the end of Season 4.

Itís almost like you didnít read my whole comment...

But, with some of the season 5 changes I did see a few members say ďhey, I remember saying something like this a while ago and now itís in the gameĒ and I personally remember bringing up neutral colours been able to fit into both attack and defending colours, among other users, and that was also changed around.

GeneraISoIo
03-20-2018, 07:09 PM
I was unable to get all the weapons that I wanted from the Apollyon event. I spent 6000 steel in attempt to get one piece of a weapon set. I bought weapon packs. I didn't have time to play. One piece. Duplicates are hot garbage.

Soldier_of_Dawn
07-02-2018, 02:39 PM
I have the same issue with the loot system where I went from Rep 22 to Rep 29 with my Shugoki trying to unlock the head of the Tennou's club, the final piece to the weapon and still no luck even with champion ship status. I've also had the same issue with the Highlander and Conqueror for some of his weapons too.

Loot crates and using steel to scavage weapon pieces are a waste as it is all random with no better chance of getting what you want. It takes far too long to unlock the final piece for the first time. However, once you do, the loot rate for that item increases and you get it more often, which is pointless since you've already unlocked it.

I've noticed this thread is 4 months old, as of my post here, so I hope a solution would be around the corner, maybe season 7ish, fingers crossed.

Soldier_of_Dawn
07-10-2018, 10:44 PM
I have the same issue with the loot system where I went from Rep 22 to Rep 29 with my Shugoki trying to unlock the head of the Tennou's club, the final piece to the weapon and still no luck even with champion ship status. I've also had the same issue with the Highlander and Conqueror for some of his weapons too.

Loot crates and using steel to scavage weapon pieces are a waste as it is all random with no better chance of getting what you want. It takes far too long to unlock the final piece for the first time. However, once you do, the loot rate for that item increases and you get it more often, which is pointless since you've already unlocked it.

I've noticed this thread is 4 months old, as of my post here, so I hope a solution would be around the corner, maybe season 7ish, fingers crossed.

Update:

My Shugoki is Rep 31 and I still don't have the final piece to the Tennou's club.