PDA

View Full Version : New TDM video with voting

emrdesign
03-17-2018, 02:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBTdg6SvCwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xIy3ggl4E

Farcryisdead
03-17-2018, 02:52 PM
I watched about 30 mins of fc5 arcade mp yesterday.

Farcryisdead
03-17-2018, 03:06 PM
What's with all the coloured flares everywhere, they just look odd and out of place. i wont be putting flares down to mark stuff in my maps, no way. better to just show items up on mini map (if we can have one). what ever the theme of your maps they will end up looking like a 70's disco with all those coloured lights lol. the gameplay looks good though :)

Farcryisdead
03-17-2018, 04:34 PM
My guess the flares are markers for pick up weapons. Just so people wouldn't complain they couldn't find pick up weapons or find them quick enough.

I wont have to worry about those flares because i wont be putting weapon pick ups around any of my mp maps, maybe a launcher, but that's it. i will give the players what they need from the start in a loadout. placing weapons around the map just kills map flow and balance imo.

usmovers_02
03-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can set the kill count right?

Also don't you think weapon placement literally CREATES flow for PvP maps?

Farcryisdead
03-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can set the kill count right?

Weapon placement is old news in gaming, loadouts are the norm. placing power/op weapons in a map just makes it the focus, and some outer routes become redundant, that's why it's not used much in AAA shooters these days.

usmovers_02
03-17-2018, 04:56 PM
I'm my opinion loadouts ruined PvP. You won't find any on my maps ;) I greatly prefer Halo 3 style MP. I've always felt companies use loadouts so they can add their progression systems into MP which gives experienced players better weapons than new ones. To each their own though! That's the beauty of the editor.

I do hope those flares aren't attached to the weapons though.

DrShakez
03-17-2018, 06:24 PM

Absolutely. The best thing that Ubi did with the multiplayer is re-add weapon placements. Weapons like snipers and launchers should never be a starting weapon, it just ruins the gameplay and encourages campers in my opinion.

A_Combi_Stick
03-17-2018, 06:27 PM
Agree 100% shakez. Also if there's a vehicle to use on the map, nobody will want to use it when literally everyone can spawn with a rocket launcher. I think it's very situational, and a good balance of placements and loadouts is the ideal approach.

legacyzero
03-17-2018, 08:07 PM
Multiplayer looks pretty solid so far.

As for the map voting, I really think thereís TOO much democracy happening here. I think that they should remove the Replay and Ubi options. Too many options to vote on. Perhaps the Ubi maps should be for when thereís no votes, or something like that.

Also, I hope you can turn the music off. That could get to be grating at some point, I think. I canít wait to start building maps! Iíve had some great ideas cooking over he years since FC3

usmovers_02
03-17-2018, 08:26 PM
Absolutely. The best thing that Ubi did with the multiplayer is re-add weapon placements. Weapons like snipers and launchers should never be a starting weapon, it just ruins the gameplay and encourages campers in my opinion.

Completely agreed. I also like to put things like the sniper rifle near a tower but not in it. I put it in a visually obvious place and then if you get it you've got to get to a place where it'll be useful potentially leaving you vulnerable for a bit. I like to put things like the rocket launcher in areas I expect to be highly contested from the get go.

I also agree that getting rid of the replay vote and the Ubisoft vote would be a great idea.

Fallen-Champ
03-17-2018, 08:37 PM
I wont have to worry about those flares because i wont be putting weapon pick ups around any of my mp maps, maybe a launcher, but that's it. i will give the players what they need from the start in a load-out. placing weapons around the map just kills map flow and balance imo.
That's what it is an opinion, I am really glad that they offer both the choice for load-outs and weapon placement.
Having specific weapons can actually have players using an area of the map they might not generally use so can give them a reason to explore more, with weapon timers you can set a power weapon to only respawn when you decide so even once every 2 mins that way players can earn the weapon.

Load-outs are really good but also mean players no longer have to move around the map and learn it to find where things are, as an example if you all start with a sniper rifle the chances are lots of players will not move that much and will trade shots end to end, if they have to get to that sniper rifle in an area fair for players on both sides they will re-adjust position and find a good place to use it.

Same as health packs and armor really, but again only my opinion what would I know.
Both systems load-outs or weapon placement allow us to make the maps so they can be played the way people want, Far Cry 2 did not allow this because anyone could pick any weapon class which is why a lot of the Instincts players including myself struggled with it so in FC5 they have given us perfection really.

Farcryisdead
03-17-2018, 09:34 PM
I cant wait to make some NAM maps. Just hope I can pile up trees and bushes all over for thick jungle theme.

I think i seen it mentioned about a jungle postFX screen filter, perfect for a nam map. i think you will have all you need to make a great nam map, i dont think there will be much we cant do in the fc5 editor. imo with how good the fc5 map editor looks, the map making community will be huge with fc5, we are going to get forgers and minecrafters piling into this community.

Ol Barakus
03-18-2018, 08:10 AM
I cant wait to make some NAM maps. Just hope I can pile up trees and bushes all over for thick jungle theme.

What i want to know is, can i rotate trees in this one? ;)

Also..anymore vids of MP gameplay around?
Looks pretty good!

Fallen-Champ
03-18-2018, 08:37 AM
What i want to know is, can i rotate trees in this one? ;)
Just placed down an individual tree - rotated it so yes.

Ol Barakus
03-18-2018, 09:21 AM
Just placed down an individual tree - rotated it so yes.

Cool! Tbh..wasnt expecting that :)

D4N_GR
03-18-2018, 01:41 PM
I am glad that the gameplay seems like fun, in the second video the german guy really know how to play the game! Its much better than FC3 imo. Lobby system will put the good maps on top. I like the fact that the lobby is not over in between matches, however I do hope for a custom game lobby system for the future. It seems like they slowed down the movement speed a bit and thats what I prefer for FC games. Snipers are a bit overpowered. The SUVs and the animals and the foliage and light effects are looking sick! I just can't wait to play it!!:cool:

legacyzero
03-18-2018, 03:12 PM
My heavens, the player in that first video is quite awful LOL. It's no wonder they typically have this NDA'd. Not sure Ubi wants the first video of the multiplayer on Youtube to be a kid chewing food in the microphone, getting killed every 11 seconds :P

Ol Barakus
03-18-2018, 03:29 PM
I am glad that the gameplay seems like fun, in the second video the german guy really know how to play the game! Its much better than FC3 imo. Lobby system will put the good maps on top. I like the fact that the lobby is not over in between matches, however I do hope for a custom game lobby system for the future. It seems like they slowed down the movement speed a bit and thats what I prefer for FC games. Snipers are a bit overpowered. The SUVs and the animals and the foliage and light effects are looking sick! I just can't wait to play it!!:cool:

My heavens, the player in that first video is quite awful LOL. It's no wonder they typically have this NDA'd. Not sure Ubi wants the first video of the multiplayer on Youtube to be a kid chewing food in the microphone, getting killed every 11 seconds :P

Yeah, i was really quite concerned watching the first guy lol.
The second one restored me though :)

D4N_GR
03-18-2018, 08:43 PM
As much I am watching the second video as much I feel better and better they nailed the UI, the colour scheme is freakin unique imo. Its pretty awesome they slower fc3s ridiculous quick ttk, So if we play smart we won't die every second! _How many close call the german lad had? yeah? Awesomeness!!!

player3069
03-18-2018, 09:06 PM
I Watched the video , and I really do see A very small step in the right direction . Now their is some concerns I would like to share.

The first thing I noticed right off the bat, was the spawn killing . The person spawned in the same spot everytime . Not beside, infront,or behind the barn.
Also their is no reviving A teammate , instant kill ........ Is it to difficult for Ubisoft to let revives in multiplayer with the option to execute A downed player. Should be like A 15 second timer then die Like FC2 had. They have revives in the Story Mode.

Aslo the maps look to flat , and narrow . their was no room to move around, and no flanking, stealth, or element of surprise. I believe an 8 vs 8 player count would force map makers to spread it out alittle making it A better game play experience. Please Map makers make some maps with more depth Hills , and valleys ect.

Another thing I noticed their is no Rank or Leaderboards . nothing to do with stats at all .

You and I both know without Leaderboards , and some sort of Rank , and Unranked system . IMO this multiplayer will Die with in A few months , because of no reason to play any more .
Those maps are going to get old , and with out A competitive Game Mode like Capture The Diamond or Flag . shooting each other for no reason will get old , and be the end of the Multiplayer .

I am happy they are doing all this for the map makers I really am , but they are only looking at one side .

This new lobby will not work , unless they start looking at the other side of things.

emrdesign
03-18-2018, 09:19 PM
Another new video and new maps. Also DM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM92S5Ulerc

player3069
03-18-2018, 09:46 PM
Wow! The weapons are jumping all over the place! How are going to shoot any one from A distance besides a sniper LOL not looking good at all!

x D78 x
03-19-2018, 12:08 AM
Well I missed the last video. :( But I totally agree with what player3069 has said.

I watched the first two and truthfully I see a lot of solo/co-op mode maps in the future and not much for the PvP especially for those that do not make maps and just want to play. Might just end up being a map maker only multiplayer when it's said and done. It looks uninspired like it's in alpha testing. I think graphically It just doesn't translate well to online development. I saw players' names through objects way off, vehicle/weapon placement that really didn't serve any real purpose and just things that frankly "IMHO" that made PvP seems generic. Just because there's an option to put things in a maps doesn't mean they work well like animals for example. I didn't like the narrator voice though I know this is supposed to have an 'Arcade" theme it sound like a voice from a horror pinball machine. FC: Predator is 13 years old and it was more of a PvP with 8vs8 though not much of an editor as far as options it was fun.This just didn't seem focused, kind of like Ubi made the IGE better but then was like "Now how do we make it translate as something players will take serious". Map Editor options are there but if players just make maps that are to look good and does not play well then the point is lost. I'd rather have Private host based lobbies compared to what I saw, at least it's more social and less random, you find the good hosts and when a map/match is over the host simply asks "What do you want to play next", if he/she isn't social move on to a host that is, make friends share maps and start a room.But still if the game's base PvP is sloppy and doesn't have a competitive feel that seems hardcore then I'm sure people will realize that quickly and just go back to BF, COD, Halo, or whatever they play online.

usmovers_02
03-19-2018, 03:34 AM
A) The graphics are fine. A good looking map depends completely on the mapper and not Ubisoft

B) Good spawn points are completely up to the mapper

C) Good weapon/vehicle placement is completely up to the mapper

D) People still write walls of text without breaking it into paragraphs

E) Animals that are appropriate to the map and work well in actual gameplay are up to the mapper

F) A maps stealth and flanking capability depends completely on the mapper

TLDR: Maps that look and play well are on the mapper. Most maps will suck. Some will be pretty fun. A small handful will be brilliant.

AlexoEx0
03-19-2018, 05:17 AM
Anyone got any mirror links for those videos?

usmovers_02
03-19-2018, 06:10 AM
Why are these videos being removed? Looks like Ubisoft has something to hide.

Ol Barakus
03-19-2018, 07:11 AM
Gutted. Missed the last one :mad:

anonamix
03-19-2018, 03:38 PM
This guys shows of the IGE on xbox in this vid.. Editor stuff starts around 2 hours and 15 minutes in..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/240375992##

legacyzero
03-19-2018, 06:14 PM
Why are these videos being removed? Looks like Ubisoft has something to hide.

If you had a Multiplayer to reveal, and a child chewing potato chips in a microphone and playing absolutely terribly, would YOU want that video to be public before YOUR chance to control the message and do a proper reveal?

Use your brain, man

Ol Barakus
03-19-2018, 07:39 PM
This guys shows of the IGE on xbox in this vid.. Editor stuff starts around 2 hours and 15 minutes in..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/240375992##

Missed :mad:

Jaxru
03-19-2018, 08:01 PM
The player names showing up so early is what concerns me the most. It's too easy to spot people. I really really hope they implement some Hardcore mode where that's a no-show, you will have to distinguish between your allies and your enemies yourself. Not shoot your partners and actually spot enemies. I want to build maps where you can use terrains to your advantages, flank enemies and not be "wallhacked" the entire time.

I have a lot of faith though, seeing how well they have responded to the community with their other titles as Watchdogs and Siege.
I love everything I've seen with SinglePlayer, and I am really hoping the game will be superb in the PVP department as well. I know not everyone cares as much about PVP. But I still hope they take care of those who does.
I'm super happy Deathmatch and TDM is in the game, but I also hope for more modes in the future. Some Last man standing and Last team standing would be fun too. Perhaps a Search and Destroy, save the hostage and VIP.

usmovers_02
03-19-2018, 09:35 PM
If you had a Multiplayer to reveal, and a child chewing potato chips in a microphone and playing absolutely terribly, would YOU want that video to be public before YOUR chance to control the message and do a proper reveal?

Use your brain, man

No I would not. Therefore I would have done my own proper reveal several months ago.

legacyzero
03-19-2018, 09:44 PM
No I would not. Therefore I would have done my own proper reveal several months ago.
But they didnít, and thatís irrelevant.

usmovers_02
03-20-2018, 01:54 AM
Then they have nobody to blame but themselves for bad PvP videos being released. We're just over a week to go and as far as I'm aware they haven't released an official PvP video. 100% on them.

AlexoEx0
03-20-2018, 04:59 AM
Was about to say the same thing, was wondering why it was taking them so long to finally have some footage out there. And even now all we have is some fairly low quality user created vids. Would really expect something officially released by now, for both the multiplayer and the arcade custom games.

emrdesign
03-20-2018, 09:02 AM
For some reason they always don't do much effort in promoting the editor. I know a lot of companies in the videogaming industry see map editors as a threat to their own business thinking us gamers will stop buying the games they produce and will only be playing the user created maps and not buy any new games anymore.

That worry is stupid because we will keep buying new games also like we do now even though we could keep playing our old games for a long time. But no, they keep creating new games and we keep buying new games. So that worry is nothing but stupid.

A second worry they might have is that they will not make money with the maps we make. That could also be easily solved if they would create something like an Appstore for user created maps where a percentage of the sales go to the game producer (in this case Ubisoft) and a percentage of the sales go to the creator of the map. The price of the map would depend on the quality of the map. So the better the quality, the higher the price. But still all prices would be at an acceptable level like Apps are. (Do you guys at Ubisoft have any idea how much money Apple made/makes with that? Much more than you can think of.)

So I don't like their silence about the map editor. There are thousands of videos on the original FC5 game spoiling some great part of the game already, but we only get one or two very low quality video about the map editor. If they would promote the original FC5 game in that way everybody at marketing would be fired. So makes you wonder why for promoting the editor it is acceptable to do so and they remove the videos that give a bit more insight in the user created maps and what you can do with the editor.

Give us the reason why Ubisoft...

Steve64b
03-20-2018, 09:52 AM
The people who got access to the Stress Test signed an NDA. That means they can not talk about their experience, nor should they be spreading actual footage taken.

The footage is probably being taken down because it violates Ubisoft copyright. Btw, any footage is watermarked with the player's account ID, to tell the source of the NDA breach. So it'd actually be in the streamer's best interest to delete their footage, unless they want to risk Ubisoft banning their uPlay account on grounds of breaking NDA.

emrdesign
03-20-2018, 10:17 AM
The people who got access to the Stress Test signed an NDA. That means they can not talk about their experience, nor should they be spreading actual footage taken.

The footage is probably being taken down because it violates Ubisoft copyright. Btw, any footage is watermarked with the player's account ID, to tell the source of the NDA breach. So it'd actually be in the streamer's best interest to delete their footage, unless they want to risk Ubisoft banning their uPlay account on grounds of breaking NDA.

I know there is an NDA on it and people should respect that NDA. But on the other hand Ubisoft should ask themselves why they put a NDA on this as they do not give us much info or videos themselves so I can understand why people post the videos even though it shows their account ID.

Its the lack of publicity and the quality of the publicity around the map editor that I do not like/understand and would like to be answered by Ubisoft.

akilyoung
03-20-2018, 02:01 PM
A) The graphics are fine. A good looking map depends completely on the mapper and not Ubisoft

B) Good spawn points are completely up to the mapper

C) Good weapon/vehicle placement is completely up to the mapper

D) People still write walls of text without breaking it into paragraphs

E) Animals that are appropriate to the map and work well in actual gameplay are up to the mapper

F) A maps stealth and flanking capability depends completely on the mapper

TLDR: Maps that look and play well are on the mapper. Most maps will suck. Some will be pretty fun. A small handful will be brilliant.

Hey the first COMPLETELY logical post youve ever made!!! lol

Just teasing....

akilyoung
03-20-2018, 02:07 PM
I know there is an NDA on it and people should respect that NDA. But on the other hand Ubisoft should ask themselves why they put a NDA on this as they do not give us much info or videos themselves so I can understand why people post the videos even though it shows their account ID.

Its the lack of publicity and the quality of the publicity around the map editor that I do not like/understand and would like to be answered by Ubisoft.

They handed the responsibility of disseminating IGE info to us.

Problem is, I ended up saying a few things, inadvertently, that I had to delete. Felt like crap. Last thing I want to do is break the NDA and ruin my relationship with Ubi.

So I stopped posting about a week ago. Not taking the chances.

It would have been better/safer to tell us NOT to say anything until release, and they took the responsibility to talk about the IGE instead of us. Its great you guys got a LOT of info through us, but a structured release or info directly from Ubi, imo, would have been better and prevent any accidental slip ups...

usmovers_02
03-20-2018, 06:54 PM
Hey the first COMPLETELY logical post youve ever made!!! lol

Just teasing....

Lol I try ;) Besides I've said everything I can about the lobby system and it's my only actual issue with the game. Everything else looks freaking brilliant.

Jaxru
03-21-2018, 06:55 AM
F) A maps stealth and flanking capability depends completely on the mapper Hey the first COMPLETELY logical post youve ever made!!! lol

So stealth and flanking capabilities depend completely on the map author? Does that mean we can disable the nametags for a map?

emrdesign
03-21-2018, 08:30 AM
So stealth and flanking capabilities depend completely on the map author? Does that mean we can disable the nametags for a map?

I have seen some gameplay footage where the name of the player is not displayed above their head. Only when they got killed or you get killed you get to see the name. So I think you can turn it on/off.

rioseven
03-26-2018, 02:07 PM
How does the voting work exactly? Nobody has said and there is no video to show it properly for consecutive matches.

If I don't get picked to vote, is the next lobby random or do the previous 3 votes get eliminated?

rioseven
03-26-2018, 02:22 PM
So if its random I might never vote even if I play the game for years.

Ol Barakus
03-26-2018, 02:33 PM
So if its random I might never vote even if I play the game for years.

https://media.giphy.com/media/XFOPmnclTxrhK/giphy.gif

rioseven
03-26-2018, 02:37 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xnoIXebk3xYx4Q/giphy.gif