PDA

View Full Version : RIP Lawbringers? (Xbox One)

IAmOddGirl
03-17-2018, 02:04 PM
After playing with my obvious main with the season 5 update, why in the H**L is my only confirmed damage a light parry (which might not even be confirmed anymore). The entire fight is only relying on my mind games. Meanwhile a character like Highlander gets a 100% confirmed heavy off of a kick. That is the same a neutral shove only he can then follow it up with a toss to again get the heavy if you happen to dodge. Give Lawbringer a 100% confirmed heavy off a shove connecting and it'd be fair. With the GB and Parry changes literally the only character i really fully enjoy playing as got Sh*t on. I still win enough, but man this game is taking a nose dive for me. I have zero interest in playing as a new character too aside from the rare occasion that I do just to try something new..then after one match it's back to the only character in For Honor that I like. Lawbringer.

IAmOddGirl
03-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Also I have a Bezerker leveled just for the moments when I felt I had to go that way to beat certain playstyles, but even then my victories felt Hollow to me because it wasnt with the Lawbringer.

ChampionRuby50g
03-17-2018, 02:17 PM
Our poor LBs are struggling itís true. Only makes it that more satisfying for me when I romp people with him though, but I can only say we are best of been patient too see what the dev team do to him in terms of balancing, as I do think theyíve stated the whole original cast is getting major balance passes at some point. We can only hope itís soon (lol) because my patience is also wearing thin.

IAmOddGirl
03-17-2018, 02:21 PM
right..like OMG i can't wait for Big Sexy to get some love. That shaman too..wtf is with that character..so many options lol..like a horse fly

Illyrian_King
03-17-2018, 02:26 PM
It's funny how the most massive guy from the whole cast has no proper opener :rolleyes:

IAmOddGirl
03-17-2018, 02:27 PM
It's almost like each new character gets something crazy too. Like Glad with the free damage toe stab, Centurion with the wall romp if you make a mistake, Highlander with the kick/toss easy kills for noobs move, Shaman with all that Bullshi*, a Hybrid with PK season 1 lights. JESUS!!! Not hating on the people who play these characters, but you know..with these character you don't have to try that hard to win the fight. You can still try, but you don't have to try as hard. Also if the player is ok with turtling or playing for counter moves Highlander is 100% unbeatable in the right hands with the crushing blows on all sides and the kick/toss heavies. DOnt mix up just do that..and you will win. Won't be fancy looking for sure.

Vakris_One
03-17-2018, 02:53 PM
The devs recently released their Season 4 data compiled from the top 2% of players in 1v1 and the top 4% in 4v4:

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-320343-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

The Lawbro came in at top 3 in 1v1s and in first place in 4v4 whereas the Highlander came in dead last in both thus the devs decided to buff the underperforming heroes rather than nerf the top heroes. Whether players disagree or not the dev's data shows that the Lawbringer comes in as one of the top heroes in both modes.

The reasons given for Lawbro's success in 1v1 were that he basically wins battles by attrition via being the best turtle and having a ton of health. They will wait to see how the charts change at the end of Season 5 before making a decision as to who to rework next.

IAmOddGirl
03-17-2018, 03:00 PM
My post was about the season 5 update...after the punish changes, defense meta changes, and parry punish changes. season 1 up until these changes Lawbringer has been just fine to me.

IAmOddGirl
03-17-2018, 03:02 PM
I also get wins plenty still, I just hate how much more work is involved to get the win over a shaman, highlander, etc. This season.

Vakris_One
03-17-2018, 03:09 PM
My post was about the season 5 update...after the punish changes, defense meta changes, and parry punish changes. season 1 up until these changes Lawbringer has been just fine to me.
You did ask why Lawbro was untouched while Thighlander got a new groove, I linked you the data the devs work off of in answer to that question. We'll have to see where Lawbro ends up after Season 5 to see if he is still capable of being one of the strongest 1v1 heroes.

Vakris_One
03-17-2018, 03:16 PM
I also get wins plenty still, I just hate how much more work is involved to get the win over a shaman, highlander, etc. This season.
Even the Law has to have bad matchups. For what it's worth I know how it feels to have to work twice as hard vs a lot of other heroes, I had to stomach 3 looooong Seasons as a Kensei main. Not exactly fun stuff to be wearing lead shoes.

UbiJurassic
03-17-2018, 07:06 PM
Our poor LBs are struggling it’s true. Only makes it that more satisfying for me when I romp people with him though, but I can only say we are best of been patient too see what the dev team do to him in terms of balancing, as I do think they’ve stated the whole original cast is getting major balance passes at some point. We can only hope it’s soon (lol) because my patience is also wearing thin.

Yupp, reworks/major balance updates for the rest of the original cast is still the plan! If I hear any news on changes coming to LB, I'll make sure to get those details along to everyone. ;)