PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding the Starter Edition.

Red_dawn87
03-17-2018, 05:23 AM
Hi all

After the launch of the starter edition i have a few question to whether i should give the game a try -

1 - Can i play all the game modes (leaving out the campaign) with bots if i dont want to play with random people
2 - Can i earn the Steel (ingame currency) by playing against bots.
3 - Can friends do 1v1 instead of random ppl
4 - I live in Asia will that affect my gameplay internet wise as i have Wildlands and my Nat is always Strict.
5 - Is it easy to Earn steel in game coz R6 currency in T-hunt is a pain in the whole body to get

Why am i asking alot about solo is tht i dont like playing in with random people but i cant play all the time with friends coz of IRL stuff of them and mine

If anyone can help me out Thank You :) and have a nice day/night/time

TestO...
03-17-2018, 09:05 AM
or you can google it.. anyways https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-320428-16/for-honor-pc-starter-edition-now-a

guor6800
03-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Hi all

After the launch of the starter edition i have a few question to whether i should give the game a try -

1 - Can i play all the game modes (leaving out the campaign) with bots if i dont want to play with random people
4 - I live in Asia will that affect my gameplay internet wise as i have Wildlands and my Nat is always Strict.
5 - Is it easy to Earn steel in game coz R6 currency in T-hunt is a pain in the whole body to get

Why am i asking alot about solo is tht i dont like playing in with random people but i cant play all the time with friends coz of IRL stuff of them and mine

Hello mate.

1. You pretty much can
2. You do earn steel but just lower amounts
3. You can play 1v1 or whatever mode with friends in custom modes. The problem is you don't earn experience or steel from custom games
4. Dedicated servers have been introduced in PvP modes. In pvai modes there is still p2p so probably you 'll have some issues with strict Nat.
5. Grinding for steel as a new player can be very stressful. There are some orders you can complete to earn some extra steel. Also campaign gives a ton of steel after finished. But more steel rewards have been a concern around the community for some time now.

Hopefully I addressed some of your concerns.

Red_dawn87
03-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Thanks i will do some more research on youtube and take the final decision to get it or not thanks for the help :)

bob333e
03-17-2018, 01:20 PM
Pretty sure you can still access all game modes and play in PvAI with the Starter Edition. However the Steel grind is terrible, and is double so on the Starter Edition because most characters will be locked and you'll have to spend a lot of Steel to unlock them. I'd encourage you to look for a standard edition at a discounted price if you can find any.

As guor6800 mentioned, finishing the campaign and the tutorial modes will net you some Steel, however it's a one-time thing, roughly 4,500 total I believe. Other than that, you'll have to never skip on daily orders, contract orders, and community orders if you want to save Steel. And even then, be prepared to grind for months.

Steel gain is still possible in PvAI but it is much less than in PvP. Also bear in mind, Custom Match does not net any Steel or XP.

Your NAT shouldn't matter in PvAI, and it shouldn't play a role in PvP since PvP is now on dedicated servers, though you're likely to experience increased lag, until lag compensation system arrives.

CandleInTheDark
03-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Your NAT shouldn't matter in PvAI, and it shouldn't play a role in PvP since PvP is now on dedicated servers, though you're likely to experience increased lag, until lag compensation system arrives.

If his friends all have strict nat I would guess it does still matter if they want to do custom matches given still P2P for custom.

As said above, I would look for a discounted standard edition first because of the extra hero cost but as a dip toe in the water thing if is a good deal and long term is if you don't intend to unlock every character, am fine saving to unlock the bundle for the original characters and paying 15,000 same as everyone else without the season pass for the DLC heroes or am fine with microtransactions to speed that along. In my own case I make roughly 7000-10000 a week without contract orders but I play a good amount a week in pvp.

bob333e
03-17-2018, 01:29 PM
If his friends all have strict nat I would guess it does still matter if they want to do custom matches given still P2P for custom.

True, if they want to play Custom Match, strict NAT will definitely pose issues. Though I'd discourage him from doing a lot of Custom Match because essentially he'd be wasting his time because no Steel, XP, or loot whatsoever. He should do Custom only sparingly or for solo training / training purposes.

CandleInTheDark
03-17-2018, 01:33 PM
True, if they want to play Custom Match, strict NAT will definitely pose issues. Though I'd discourage him from doing a lot of Custom Match because essentially he'd be wasting his time because no Steel, XP, or loot whatsoever. He should do Custom only sparingly or for solo training / training purposes.

Yeah I would discourage that, just figured would add as he mentioned 1v1 with friends which can only be done in custom. It is worth noting that PvAI is also P2P, currently only PvP is on servers.

If you don't mind being with randoms against the AI, then you get more steel and xp if you leave matchmaking on as opposed to turning it off, it isn't as bad being with randoms against bots as it is against players but ultimately that is up to you there.

bob333e
03-17-2018, 01:45 PM
Yeah I would discourage that, just figured would add as he mentioned 1v1 with friends which can only be done in custom. It is worth noting that PvAI is also P2P, currently only PvP is on servers.

If you don't mind being with randoms against the AI, then you get more steel and xp if you leave matchmaking on as opposed to turning it off, it isn't as bad being with randoms against bots as it is against players but ultimately that is up to you there.

Eh, PvAI with matchmaking on will see a lot of quits and joins and requits and rejoins, I personally don't choose matchmaking on if I want to play PvAI. It's the same lobby wait as PvP I suppose, when matchmaking is on, because it searches for players before it launches the match. But yeah, PvAI is still P2P so he's kinda putting himself at a disadvantage if he chooses PvAI with matchmaking on. Resyncs and host migrations all day.

UbiJurassic
03-17-2018, 07:21 PM
Hi all

1. Yes, all game modes are available for you to play against AI. Since AI difficulty is based off of PvP MMR though, you'll need to play a bit of PvP if you ever feel like playing against more difficult bots.

2. Yes, though the steel gained will be less than if you played PvP.

3. Yes, you can create a custom match to play against your friends. However, custom matches will not give steel or XP.

4. If your NAT is strict, I'd recommend forwarding the ports on your router (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000026170/PC-Connection-Issues-FH-PC) if you are able to. Dedicated servers are currently only on PvP gamemodes at this time, but we make look to expand this in the future.

5. In-game, you can complete orders and contracts to gain additional steel and experience on top of what you would gain in a typical match. Most of these can be completed fast and easily by playing PvAI matches.

Red_dawn87
03-25-2018, 02:59 AM
1. Yes, all game modes are available for you to play against AI. Since AI difficulty is based off of PvP MMR though, you'll need to play a bit of PvP if you ever feel like playing against more difficult bots.

2. Yes, though the steel gained will be less than if you played PvP.

3. Yes, you can create a custom match to play against your friends. However, custom matches will not give steel or XP.

4. If your NAT is strict, I'd recommend forwarding the ports on your router (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000026170/PC-Connection-Issues-FH-PC) if you are able to. Dedicated servers are currently only on PvP gamemodes at this time, but we make look to expand this in the future.

5. In-game, you can complete orders and contracts to gain additional steel and experience on top of what you would gain in a typical match. Most of these can be completed fast and easily by playing PvAI matches.

Thank You All for your help i finally bought the Standard edition (On Sale) after watching alot of videos on youtube , Through steam forums i came to know that there is a SEAS server so thats good (Correct me if i am wrong) my NAT status in Crew and R6 are open so hopefully here also it will stay open , But ya in all Ty everyone for your help Have a good Day/Night/Time. Sorry for the late post in my old thread :)