PDA

View Full Version : Actions

vartiotorni
03-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Hello

I didn't find anything on search, so I'm asking straight: is there a list in the web actions you can do in Assassin's Creed?

P.S. Please don't stone me to death if my searching capabilities are insufficient.

Thanks

vartiotorni
03-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Hello

I didn't find anything on search, so I'm asking straight: is there a list in the web actions you can do in Assassin's Creed?

P.S. Please don't stone me to death if my searching capabilities are insufficient.

Thanks

ScytheOfGrim
03-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Stone you to death?

Why, that's mean and very improper!

Instead, we'll try and "You stone to death".

Meaning that instead of tossing stones at you, we'll toss you at stones! ^_^

Welcome to the forums nice stranger with a seemingly decent I.Q. level!

A list of moves... hmm...
There was no thread like this before, if I remember right...

I could list them, but I would miss out a lot... >_>
You want actions you can do, or actions you learn?

vartiotorni
03-01-2008, 07:56 AM
No, what I mean is like blend etc... Things like I learned during the Solomon temple, jumping and wall climbing.

ScytheOfGrim
03-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Okay... let's see... >_>

You've got:

NOTE:
Not all of these actions are available from the get-go, some will be acquired as the game progresses. Continue to read through this at a risk of spoiling the game for yourself.

Actions:

-Blend:
Make yourself look like a priest, completely useless unless surrounded by monks.
PS3: X
Xbox360: A

-Walk:
Push the analogue stick in any direction

-Jog:
Push the analogue stick while pressing either the R1 button, or the 360 trigger thingie (I need someone to give me a more accurate name).

-Sprint:
Also enables free running abilities, such as climbing and auto-jumping.
Move in direction + R1/Trigger thingie + X button/A button

-Gentle Push:
Moves people out of your way, also the only way not to make jug carriers and crate carriers drop their goods.
PS3: Circle
Xbox 360: B

-Eagle Vision:
Allows you to see the different sorts of people in a crowd; blue is ally, red is enemy, gold is target... and I think white is a mission element... >_>
PS3: Triangle
Xbox 360: Y

-Tackle:
While running allows you to quickly bump people out of the way.
R1/Trigger thingie + Circle/B

-Pickpocket:
Allows you to pick the pocket of oblivious people to gain information, or throwing knives.
Circle/B (from behind target)

Combat:

-Block:
Simply holding the button will cause Altair to block all incoming attacks.
NOTE: Block can be broken by a parry.

-Attack:
Depending on the length pf time you hold the button, the difference between heavy and light attacks.

-Counter:
Time the button press and Altair will counter the attack, sometimes insta-killing your opponent, depending on your weapon and the opponent strength.

-Skip:
Makes Altair hop backwards when in a fight.

-Dodge:
Basically like skip, but you have to time it right, Altair does the same animation but you can choose what direction you wish to move in.

-Grab:
Grab your enemies and toss them in any given direction.

-Parry:
After a skip, if you attack, you can make a quick motion with your sword, and thus break through the block of your opponent.

And I think that's it... I think... >_>

vartiotorni
03-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the list, but I may sound stupid but how do I do these actions?

I know about fighting but the rest.

vartiotorni
03-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Damn you console users, I got a PC!
What do those buttons on XBOX360 do for example?
Hmm, since there are those analogue-thingies in pads, I guess you can't translate those functions straight to keyboard+mouse. I guess I'll just see what becomes along the game.

But thanks anyway, mate.

ScytheOfGrim
03-01-2008, 10:18 AM
No problem, I don't mind helping someone with some form of thinking power, especially seeing as many people are lacking in that topic... >_>

Can't you just choose whatever control scheme you want for a PC?

Like, choose exactly what "A" does, or "C" and the such?

caswallawn_2k7
03-01-2008, 10:48 AM
alot of console to pc ports dont let you do the key map but if you read the instruction book it will tell you all the buttons but then i would put money on you dont have the instruction book.

AllmighyMans
03-02-2008, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vartiotorni:
Hmm, since there are those analogue-thingies in pads, I guess you can't translate those functions straight to keyboard+mouse. I guess I'll just see what becomes along the game.

But thanks anyway, mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, if you actually were a paying customer i would consider giving you some help. But since you mentioned you were a PC user, and the game for the PC not being out for at least another month i can only assume you are playing the leaked version of the PC game. So no help for you.

blarson11
03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllmighyMans:

Um, if you actually were a paying customer i would consider giving you some help. But since you mentioned you were a PC user, and the game for the PC not being out for at least another month i can only assume you are playing the leaked version of the PC game. So no help for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now there is some sense...

moqqy
03-03-2008, 09:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vartiotorni:

But thanks anyway, mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MOI MATTI MITEN MENEE KAUAN ON OLLUT SUA IKÄVÄ

JA IKÄÄV ON VIELLÄKIN

ei mee ikävä pois ei meeeeee aijai aijaia tsingis khaaan kaikien aijoenrosvo oli hän"
!!!

Faylinks
03-05-2008, 12:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

Welcome to the forums nice stranger with a seemingly decent I.Q. level!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
IQ does not have to do with politeness :-D

ScytheOfGrim
03-05-2008, 04:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> IQ does not have to do with politeness :-D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never commended his politeness, I was talking about the fact that he has been the first to make a semi-decent topic in a long, long while. ^_^

adarwinter
03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> IQ does not have to do with politeness :-D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never commended his politeness, I was talking about the fact that he has been the first to make a semi-decent topic in a long, long while. ^_^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is a pure insult to MY "combat system discution" i made lately. :P

ScytheOfGrim
03-05-2008, 10:54 AM
It's not when there are similar threads in existence.