PDA

View Full Version : Reflective Floor in Rift room. Clue?

PurpleHaze1980
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
For the past few rifts (Truth Puzzles) I've done I've started to notice that there's a reflection of a building of some sort upon the polished floor just before Ezio reaches the cube at the beginning. If you run around a bit (avoiding the cube) you can get a better view of this building.

It seems to be a large palace type building (possibly with pillars and verandas?) with some kind of taller (cathedral-like?) building to the left side (I can't get Ezio to turn that way to get a better look but I vaguely caught it) with a smaller tower/building to the left with a flag of some sort. My graphical quality isn't great (as my laptop can't run the game at the best graphical settings) so am wondering if anyone else noticed this and was able to figure out what the building was and whether it might be a clue? (I can't seem to screenshot it, I get black voids whenever I try to do so).

Does anyone know what the building is, whether it's in the game or whether it has any reference to "the truth" or something as a clue towards the next game? I'm very intrigued.

PurpleHaze1980
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
For the past few rifts (Truth Puzzles) I've done I've started to notice that there's a reflection of a building of some sort upon the polished floor just before Ezio reaches the cube at the beginning. If you run around a bit (avoiding the cube) you can get a better view of this building.

It seems to be a large palace type building (possibly with pillars and verandas?) with some kind of taller (cathedral-like?) building to the left side (I can't get Ezio to turn that way to get a better look but I vaguely caught it) with a smaller tower/building to the left with a flag of some sort. My graphical quality isn't great (as my laptop can't run the game at the best graphical settings) so am wondering if anyone else noticed this and was able to figure out what the building was and whether it might be a clue? (I can't seem to screenshot it, I get black voids whenever I try to do so).

Does anyone know what the building is, whether it's in the game or whether it has any reference to "the truth" or something as a clue towards the next game? I'm very intrigued.

kalo.yanis
04-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Er... sounds a bit like San Marco in Venice, but I'm probably wrong.

PurpleHaze1980
04-12-2011, 05:51 PM
It could be. What I see is quite hazy but there does seem to be alot of circular/arch type shapes on the reflection (from what I can tell).

It's been a while since I played ACII, does the San Marco play any role at any point again? So many places with so many names it's hard to remember them all!

I did find it odd the reflection is there but nothing around Ezio to "reflect" it which is why I thought it must be significant somewhere.

NightmareGK13
04-12-2011, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PurpleHaze1980:
It could be. What I see is quite hazy but there does seem to be alot of circular/arch type shapes on the reflection (from what I can tell).

It's been a while since I played ACII, does the San Marco play any role at any point again? So many places with so many names it's hard to remember them all!

I did find it odd the reflection is there but nothing around Ezio to "reflect" it which is why I thought it must be significant somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

everyone knows how/where/what is the basicila di san marco even from general knowledge http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif, if i remember accurately fro AC2 it doesn't play any particular important role. there's an assassins tomb there, its also attached to the doges palace, the pallazo ducale

PurpleHaze1980
04-13-2011, 10:05 AM
The same reflection is also there in the final truth room when Desmond is in there. I'm not sure if it is San Marco. I wishs there was some kind of confirmation from the Ubisoft people as to what it was or if it's relevant or just a random graphic that ended up there?

El_Sjietah
04-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Wow, nice find. Never noticed that.

Not sure what building it is, but it's definately not San Marco.

PurpleHaze1980
04-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I only noticed it last night when I was finishing off the Rift puzzles (I had completed the game last week but was working on all the other missions).

I'm so curious if it's meant to be there or not. I just wish I knew what building it was (and I can't even seem to get a screenshot of it so it's hard to compare it to places!). Since this game is so indepth with clues and hints all the way through, part of me wants to believe it's significant, even if only slightly.

bveUSbve
04-17-2011, 05:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PurpleHaze1980:
The same reflection is also there in the final truth room when Desmond is in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because of this I looked the "truth" again on youtube. And then by chance I think I found the "reflected" building:

It's in venice. Traversing the 'ponte di rialto' in eastern direction, go left into the first street. After about 100m to the right the building can be seen. It comprises one of the synchronisation-towers.

It's pretty unspectacular. If it's "reflection" is a clue? Who knows...

PurpleHaze1980
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bveUSbve:
The same reflection is also there in the final truth room when Desmond is in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because of this I looked the "truth" again on youtube. And then by chance I think I found the "reflected" building:

It's in venice. Traversing the 'ponte di rialto' in eastern direction, go left into the first street. After about 100m to the right the building can be seen. It comprises one of the synchronisation-towers.

It's pretty unspectacular. If it's "reflection" is a clue? Who knows... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm playing ACII again so I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this when I get to Venice and see if I can recognise it from the reflection.

bveUSbve
04-18-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm playing ACII again so I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this when I get to Venice and see if I can recognise it from the reflection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I went to the place in venice again, and now I doubt if it is really the building from the "reflection". The silhouette is quite similar but several details, distinctive on second glance, seem to be clearly different.

But I'll try to compare once more when I've access to the 'truth' in game again -- which I don't at presence. (The video on youtube perhaps doesn't reveal anything that can be seen in this "reflection"...)