PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Issues: Connection to Server Timed Out

Hah222
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Hello, I am having a problem in which everytime I try to join a server, it says joining sever, and then about 10 seconds later it tells me that my connection to the sever has timed out. I have turned off all firewalls and antivirus software, and i have fixed up my router as well, yet i still am getting this same message. Can anyone help me?

Hah222
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Hello, I am having a problem in which everytime I try to join a server, it says joining sever, and then about 10 seconds later it tells me that my connection to the sever has timed out. I have turned off all firewalls and antivirus software, and i have fixed up my router as well, yet i still am getting this same message. Can anyone help me?

FredEx919
07-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Hah222, Can you explain what you mean by "fixed up my router"? Also what type of router are you using? I would start by temporarily making a direct connection to your modem if possible. This will help determine if the issue is coming from the router. If so, try configuring multiplayer ports 27632 and 32500. You should be able to find the directions for configuring ports in the router’s documentation.

Liquid_Z
07-01-2009, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FredEx919:
Hah222, Can you explain what you mean by "fixed up my router"? Also what type of router are you using? I would start by temporarily making a direct connection to your modem if possible. This will help determine if the issue is coming from the router. If so, try configuring multiplayer ports 27632 and 32500. You should be able to find the directions for configuring ports in the router’s documentation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worked better then expected! Also fixed that little blue ball with an "X" that would flash on my screen. Now my games are lag free!

AlkoZonder
07-01-2009, 09:28 AM
same **** "Connection to Server Timed Out"...
ps: i don´t have any antivirus or firewall
pps: god damn...

AlkoZonder
07-01-2009, 10:21 AM
now its working...
i´ve updated directx and instaled vcredist and WMFDist11

revivle
07-01-2009, 10:26 AM
I have also this problem but only on the servers that has a red connection for me.

Hah222
07-01-2009, 03:40 PM
[quote]quote:
Originally posted by FredEx919:
Hah222, Can you explain what you mean by "fixed up my router"? Also what type of router are you using? I would start by temporarily making a direct connection to your modem if possible. This will help determine if the issue is coming from the router. If so, try configuring multiplayer ports 27632 and 32500. You should be able to find the directions for configuring ports in the router’s documentation.[/q

My router is a 3800HGV-B Gateway, 2-wire, i have it set up in DMZplus mode, which opens up all unassigned firewall ports.

Hah222
07-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Also i opened up the ports manually as well, and i am still having the same problem.

Dot-empire
07-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Me and a lot of others that are on xfire have the same problem like you mate.

Always = connection timed out...

Btw, in coj 1 there are still techland dedicated servers , but in coj BiB there aren't??

That's weird lol

XF1Switchman
07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Wow. I'm getting this on 2 yellow bar servers all of a sudden.

Awesome.

Sith-Lord
07-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Got the same problem.

PrisOwner16
07-03-2009, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlkoZonder:
now its working...
i´ve updated directx and instaled vcredist and WMFDist11 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've also updated DirectX, but what are those other programs? Never heard of it, is that Vista-only or something?

Equalizer2007
07-04-2009, 02:10 AM
Got the same problem. Opened up the ports 27632 and 32500. I have checked that they really are open, but still I cant connect to other servers?

Connection is timed out.

Franco_Spaniard
07-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I too am getting the same error. I have been unable to join a server once, I always get the same "Connection to server timed out" message every time I attempt to join a server.
I opened the two ports that someone posted, it did nothing. Any other suggestions?

s-a-l-t-y
07-04-2009, 02:07 PM
In order to have problem-free gaming in CoJ (hell in most PC online games these days) you need to do the following:

1. Make sure you have ALL of the latest Windows updates/patches. (YES THAT MIGHT MEAN YOU NASTY WINDOWS-PIRATES MIGHT HAVE TO JUST BLOODY-WELL BUY A LEGIT WINDOWS COPY!!!)

- .NET, DirectX, and Visual C++ runtimes MUST BE UP-TO-DATE and working installs!

2. Figure out your own network map (ie. ISP &gt;&gt; cable/dsl modem &gt;&gt; router &gt;&gt; PC) and make sure NOTHING ALONG THAT MAP is blocking the PORTS that each game requires.

- for CoJ BIB that would be UDP ports 27632 and 32500

3. Enjoy your game! I know I am! hehe :P

s-a-l-t-y
07-04-2009, 02:08 PM
In order to have problem-free gaming in CoJ (hell in most PC online games these days) you need to do the following:

1. Make sure you have ALL of the latest Windows updates/patches. (YES THAT MIGHT MEAN YOU NASTY WINDOWS-PIRATES MIGHT HAVE TO JUST BLOODY-WELL BUY A LEGIT WINDOWS COPY!!!)

- .NET, DirectX, and Visual C++ runtimes MUST BE UP-TO-DATE and working installs!

2. Figure out your own network map (ie. ISP &gt;&gt; cable/dsl modem &gt;&gt; router &gt;&gt; PC) and make sure NOTHING ALONG THAT MAP is blocking the PORTS that each game requires.

3. Enjoy your game! I know I'm enjoying mine! hehe :P

the Monk

Metroid3311
07-04-2009, 05:01 PM
i have a similar problem to this, i can play a game in every other multiplayer game easily that has me connetcing with 40+ people (CoD series for example) and i never lagg and my ping is usually good. but in this game i get the stupid 'your connection to the internet lobby has been lost' message, i find a server that has green ping and i don't get kicked but any orage/ red servers i get booted or the your connection to the server has been lost message.

Its not a problem with my internet or computer since i checked and my firewalls and anti-virus programs aren't blocking anything and everything is up to date, we need a patch from Ubisoft or Treyarch to fix this. also note i could play fine the first day it was out and had no problems till others started showing up, i was rank 15 out of 96 now i am like 186 out of 2150 people because i can't get any play time in.

Will anyone help me and others because i know many people are having the same problem as me.

Mordred1977
07-05-2009, 01:06 AM
I seem to be having the connection timed out problem as well....... Ive opened the ports... updated everything and its still not letting me connect to any server that is green or red or yellow..... someone help. How do they expect a community to grow around a game when they have so many issues?

Mordred1977
07-05-2009, 02:32 AM
I forgot to mention. Im useing a Netgear DG834G v3 Wireless router.

Solo_Nemesis
07-05-2009, 07:08 AM
I agree with METROID3311, I am having the exact same probs with regards to connection has timed out message. All my friends have the exact same message and cannot play. I was able to play for the first two days and now I cannot. Nothing has been changed or altered on my system. This is obviously not an issue with individual machines as it is happening to alot of people at once.

This issue needs to be rectified asap.

DrImpossible
07-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm in the process of forwarding the ports right now but if someone could explain to me what this is basically I'd appreciate it.

I'm on that port forward site that Gambit has been talking about and from what I've read it seems to me like I'm enabling these ports to be open for only the computer I say and only when CoJ is open. Am I correct? And are these ports closed when CoJ is not open?

Thanks, Dr. Impossible

Marcinw87
07-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I have a question.
Do you have Hamachi installed? I had the same problem "Connection to Server Timed Out", but since I uninstalled Hamachi, I can join every server.

s-a-l-t-y
07-05-2009, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Regcarmody:
I seem to be having the connection timed out problem as well....... Ive opened the ports... updated everything and its still not letting me connect to any server that is green or red or yellow..... someone help. How do they expect a community to grow around a game when they have so many issues? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might (for example) be running into something like this....

ISP &gt;&gt; cable/dsl modem &gt;&gt; router &gt;&gt; PC

You may have "forwarded" the correct ports from your router to your PC, but many people have cable/dsl modems provided from their ISP which (without their knowledge) are setup to ALSO function as ROUTERS. This means the traffic is actually being stopped before it even gets to your router (Netgear, Linksys) so you might be "forwarding" nothing at all at the moment.

Please post your cable/dsl modem model and I'll look into it.

...and yes as Marcinw87 pointed out....having Hamachi installed can cause all sorts of connectivity issues.

Check out this guide I wrote a few years back, for more information on "forwarding" ports, NAT-filtering and in general setting up one's network for gaming.

Networking for the Gamer (http://www.themonk.ca/Monk/Networking_for_the_Gamer_by_the_Monk.pdf)

thanks,

the Monk

sherris1974
07-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Every thing bang upto date,all ports open and correct, able to host and join servers .But still lose connection randomly to servers that i know are in my area and ppl still losing connection to mine that i know are in the same area .Omg .This is so annoying.
Couldn't an official here atleast let us know that they are aware of all these problems and tell us that they are working on it.Just give us a little piece of mind.Then maybe these forums won't be spammed by posts like this.

Maxsand
07-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Uninstalling Hamachi solved this problem for my son and I. So we're both on line, blasting away...and having a blast.

Doc.Canis
07-06-2009, 03:01 AM
IF your modem is in fact a router, then your router should not be set up with router functions, but instead as an AP.

That said I have done extensive tests (on PS3 though, but it may apply to all platforms).

The game does not like QoS, streaming engines or trafic shaping in routers. Disabling my streaming engine and QoS solved all my problems. I'd get disconnections before.

Franco_Spaniard
07-06-2009, 05:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marcinw87:
I have a question.
Do you have Hamachi installed? I had the same problem "Connection to Server Timed Out", but since I uninstalled Hamachi, I can join every server. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't uninstall it but I disabled the Hamachi connection in my network connections in windows and right after I did this it was fixed. Anyone who has hamachi try it, it worked for me and a couple of other people. Thanks for the help Marcinw87

dhiino
07-06-2009, 11:56 AM
how do you do to invite freinds???????!!!!

GROMRoland
07-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Dhiino,

that's a little off topic but you do it while creating a server. you can invite any friends on your list to your server (and I believe it reserves them a slot).

Skabibles2
07-06-2009, 04:16 PM
foes anyone else get massive lag where your game freezes with that wierd symbol in the middle of your screen

csurma
07-06-2009, 05:12 PM
every quick match i go into i get a red x and am always gettin lag, is that normal or should i only join games with a good ping and find match?

c4_au
07-06-2009, 05:29 PM
I have a netgear router and had connection timeout issues, relaxed some of my firewall settings under UDP which solved the timeout issues when running a server.

c4_au
07-06-2009, 08:46 PM
I spoke too soon... server disconnects every 20-30min now. Worked fine yesterday....

Error message is disconnected from lobby.

AceBandage1975
07-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Is anyone finding that Xfire causes diconnects from games? I complete about half of the games I start and the other half I get disconnected. Would Xfire be a cause of some of my random disconnects? If so has anyone been using Ventrillo with BiB? Is Vent okay to run?

Sharpe26
07-07-2009, 07:34 AM
weird. after having read about Hamachi and removing it, multiplayer works. the multiplay experience is another thing however......

willspirit18
07-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Our clan uses ventrillo and it dosen't seem to affect anything.

Fl0d14n
07-07-2009, 10:19 PM
It was working fine for a week or so. Every once in a while I got a connection to server timed out but it was scarce enough to not matter. Just now I got kicked from 4 games in a row with the message: lost connection to internet lobby. My computer is DMZ, my firewall ports are open, and hamachi, thanks to this thread, is uninstalled.

willspirit18
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Same as above post I haven't been able to play a full game all night , please do something.

AceBandage1975
07-07-2009, 11:34 PM
yep...the disconnects are horrible tonight. I played almost flawlessly last week...tonight I'm disconnected every 5 minutes.

sleepingcobra
07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Same.

willspirit18
07-08-2009, 12:06 AM
I've been lucky enough to play 1 full game tonight and after that game I got disconnected shortly into the next game.

theoander
07-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Yep, totally unplayable for me tonight as well.

crazedhobbit
07-08-2009, 04:22 AM
The sad thing is that if they don't sort out the multiplayer soon, by the time they do get around to doing it, the majority of the MP community would have left and gone on to pastures new(see what I did there).
Which would be a shame, as when this works it is an amazing online game.

Effect2009
07-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Newest news:

The issue has been acknowledged, the problem pinned down and an update will be manufactured by today evening (it's high noon now in Poland) which will most probably fix this lobby issue.

by Czak(Techland) CojFans forums

crazedhobbit
07-08-2009, 05:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Effect2009:
Newest news:

The issue has been acknowledged, the problem pinned down and an update will be manufactured by today evening (it's high noon now in Poland) which will most probably fix this lobby issue.

by Czak(Techland) CojFans forums </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I really hope so as that will put a lot of gamers at ease, but is for all platforms or just specific?

Effect2009
07-08-2009, 05:17 AM
dont know yet but seems for pc why xbox have the same problem too?

crazedhobbit
07-08-2009, 05:51 AM
PS3, seems to have a lot of problems with lobbies and lagging out. Not just me.

DocRocs
07-08-2009, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Effect2009:
dont know yet but seems for pc why xbox have the same problem too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use PS3 and have been kicked out of numerous games online. It's very frustrating to be racking up $ then get the message that the geme is no longer available (not sure of the exact wording) and loose those $. Real Bummer.
Hope you can do something about this too.
I was using a host that had 3 green bars too.

crazedhobbit
07-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Had the same problems as well Doc, going into the rare rooms that have 3 green bars and still being kicked out after racking up some dollars.
Hope they are not just concentrating on PC but the consoles as well.

Zorlofe
07-08-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm also suffering the same problems on my PC version and I know for certain it's not on my end. There are many in my clan wanting to buy this game but now everybody is on hold as if we can't play multiplayer there's no point for any more of us to buy it...

spreadthehate
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theoander:
Yep, totally unplayable for me tonight as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

man i got the exact the same problem
yesterday it was all fine but now i get the same message,man all the games they bring out these days are unfinished,first we need like 5 patches to get it work,f##k the deadline bring out a decent game ill wait a little longer

RayDisaster
07-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Impossible to play online today, really disappointing.
The multiplayer has really a huge potential and i was ready to buy the DLC but i hope the problems will be resolved by then !
If a patch to resolve multiplayer problems is expected, really need fast please before the community's players of call of juarez abandon the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ChegsKaiser
07-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi I have the same problem as most. I bought the original game in Spain, not tried it in this country but when trying to play on internet with my pc in Argentina, I have this problem that the conection expires after a few seconds or something similar. Please expect a reply to mail kaiserclan@rocketmail.com thanks.

WillMunny18
07-08-2009, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChegsKaiser:
. Please expect a reply to mail kaiserclan@rocketmail.com thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Luck with that. It seems they are to busy to even respond on their forums.

ChegsKaiser
07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
haha okay thanks for your good mood ...

WillMunny18
07-08-2009, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChegsKaiser:
haha okay thanks for your good mood ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I was in a great mood until I was losing connection every 5 minute. I'm hoping they will send you an email since they aren't saying anything here.

Gazitron
07-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Hello, I have 1 problem, very oftem (after 5-20 minutes) when I playing via internet I see mesage like I have been kicked from game lobby or something like that and when I trying to reconnect I am using more than 5 tryings.... Even I had 1 problem thats I had incorrect password...

RayDisaster
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Try to open ports 61852 to 61856 UDP
For host a game it works for me now, i have tried some firewalls to see what ports use call of juarez and i find this.

Now i can host a 10 players game with only 1018 kbps in upload, all are in green or orange but no one red.

CoJBiBMPFAIL
07-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Are ubi going to fix this anytime soon?
I can clearly see why ubi aint too big on multiplayer titles, ive tried all these Port suggestions etc but to no good.(i have no router)

Atleast they could speak to the community, and letting us know what happens not just ignore this huge fail.

Ubi.Vigil
07-09-2009, 02:35 AM
We've definitely beenr eading the comments here and passing on all the issues that have been reported both with multiplayer and other elements. In particular, we know there are match making server issues on Call of Juarez PC, and several fixes have already been applied this week.

If you are still experiencing problems with the game, please post a precise discussion of the issue on this forum, this will greatly help us to track the problem and fix it. We'll keep you updated as soon as we hear more.

WillMunny18
07-09-2009, 02:57 AM
About time, that is all I've been looking for is some sort of answer from someone from Ubi.

micke-89
07-09-2009, 03:45 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
omg, almost fainted when I saw the Ubi post.

Skabibles2
07-09-2009, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DocRocs:
dont know yet but seems for pc why xbox have the same problem too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use PS3 and have been kicked out of numerous games online. It's very frustrating to be racking up $ then get the message that the geme is no longer available (not sure of the exact wording) and loose those $. Real Bummer.
Hope you can do something about this too.
I was using a host that had 3 green bars too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yea especially when the game has 5 seconds l;eft and it is about to end and you are on the top of the score boards with tons of $ and it says game lobby closed and you loose it all

Gazitron
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Hello again guys. Please, may you exactly wryte exactly path how to change settings of my firewall? I have Norton 360 and Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Because even I turned them both off and anyway I can't see any players on my server. (((
Just I want to give players possibility to play on my server because I guess I will have low ping because I have a good machine and good internet connection and players will enjoy whole day to play Call of Juarez.

sleepingcobra
07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazitron:
Hello again guys. Please, may you exactly wryte exactly path how to change settings of my firewall? I have Norton 360 and Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Because even I turned them both off and anyway I can't see any players on my server. (((
Just I want to give players possibility to play on my server because I guess I will have low ping because I have a good machine and good internet connection and players will enjoy whole day to play Call of Juarez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a router?

sleepingcobra
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Is PC Multiplayer down for everyone else right now?

WillMunny18
07-09-2009, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sleepingcobra:
Is PC Multiplayer down for everyone else right now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't even connect to the lobby.

Gazitron
07-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Yes I have a netgear router:
cable---modem---router---PC

If you now about US internet, I have an Optimum online. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Scholl87
07-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Same for me and a pal, we can't connect to the lobby !

sleepingcobra
07-09-2009, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazitron:
Yes I have a netgear router:
cable---modem---router---PC

If you now about US internet, I have an Optimum online. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably have to set your DMZ on your router.

1) Find out your router's IP address by googling around.

2) Log in (the login is usually "admin" and the password is usually "password."

3) Go to your WAN options, and set your DMZ (DMZ stands for DeMilitarized Zone) to the same IP address that your router recognizes your computer as.

4) For example, if you have a Netgear router, you can open your internet browser and enter http://192.168.1.1

Your computer's IP to the router will probably be 192.168.1.2. Set the DMZ to the same address.

Voila!

sleepingcobra
07-09-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm not a super computer whiz, but my understanding about what happens is that the DMZ "bypasses" your router. So when you go to host multiplayer, your computer doesn't get hung up trying to get through your router, instead, it goes strait to the De-Militarized Zone, and allows people to join your server.

s-a-l-t-y
07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
He doesn't need to use DMZ.....that's not exactly a "safe" suggestion....lol

If he follows the step-by-step guide (Networking and Call of Juarez) I just linked in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9901090327/m/5841073177) he'll be fine with only two ports forwarded as opposed to the entire range of 65000+ opened for business!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sleepingcobra
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
How unsafe it is really?

1) Your SPI firewall is still intact and makes sure incoming packets match outgoing requests.

2) Your windows firewall can still be up and running at full security.

3) In Vista the UAC makes it hard for unwanted programs to run.

4) And a good antivirus program (like avast!) set to high settings adds another line of defense.

sleepingcobra
07-09-2009, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

If he follows the step-by-step guide (Networking and Call of Juarez) I just linked in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9901090327/m/5841073177) he'll be fine with only two ports forwarded as opposed to the entire range of 65000+ opened for business!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Besides, aren't forwarded ports left open constantly anyway? It just doesn't seem that dangerous - especially if all you're doing is gaming.

sleepingcobra
07-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Jesus the internet lobby has been down for hours. This is ridiculous. Come on Techland!

s-a-l-t-y
07-09-2009, 04:01 PM
@ sleepingcobra,

Having SPI enabled fragments traffic and that can cause all sorts of issues with MP-gaming. I'd advise having that turned off while gaming.

Plus, putting one's system in the DMZ bypasses everything, including SPI.

and....there is a fundamental difference between ports being "open" and all traffic sent to certain ports being "forwarded" (sent onward).

You are correct, in that unless there is something "listening" for and "accepting" traffic on ports on your PC then simply having them "open" and/or "forwarded" is NOT expressly risky. It is however not prudent to leave things open when not needed, and with DMZ enabled instead of having 2 ports forwarded, one would have 65000+ ports actively responding to traffic requests and you'd be left with your PC (therefore CPU) having to ward-off any REAL malicious connection attempts.

Just doesn't seem prudent...... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sleepingcobra
07-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I hear you - it's just port forwarding didn't work for me for this game. I know the DMZ is a little riskier, but I've been using it for multiplayer games for years and it's been fine so far (knocks on wood).

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

s-a-l-t-y
07-09-2009, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sleepingcobra:
I hear you - it's just port forwarding didn't work for me for this game. I know the DMZ is a little riskier, but I've been using it for multiplayer games for years and it's been fine so far (knocks on wood).

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

port-forwarding alone probably didn't work because you still had the SPI-firewall enabled, and NAT-filtering set too strictly (if your router even has an option to relax NAT-filtering) BOTH of which would be being bypassed completely by setting your PC into the DMZ. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For more information regarding what I'm talking about see the guide(s) in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9901090327/m/5841073177).

CoJBiBMPFAIL
07-09-2009, 10:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ubi.Vigil:
We've definitely beenr eading the comments here and passing on all the issues that have been reported both with multiplayer and other elements. In particular, we know there are match making server issues on Call of Juarez PC, and several fixes have already been applied this week.

If you are still experiencing problems with the game, please post a precise discussion of the issue on this forum, this will greatly help us to track the problem and fix it. We'll keep you updated as soon as we hear more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, much appreciated.

Deadbythewater
07-10-2009, 06:14 AM
I was unhappy to find out that after i could play my "internet profile" again Techland,Ubisoft...or god knows who is supposedly dealing with this that they had my character unlocks,money and stats completely eradicated due to perhaps there incompetent money making nature..slightly ****ed off considering i'd made a point of unlocking some characters and got better at the game along the way... also not to mention halfway through a game you lose all the cash you earned up to that point if you get d/c. Not much came of the promise of characters unlocked will be stored...unlike the temp upgrades you get ingame. The multiplayer and singleplayer are both excellent and I love to play both thats why is this even more frustrating.

Krapouy
07-11-2009, 01:39 AM
on cojfans there is already beta versions of dedicated servers, techland is on it and with the update its gonna be the perfect western game

Gazitron
07-11-2009, 02:05 AM
WOW today I saw 1 bug, I was server whole day, but by the end of the day (3-4 am) I saw like 10 players disappeared in 1 moment, like kicked from the server! I think it's was game lobbies problem, because I had 1-3 players which don't had this bug.

big_long
07-11-2009, 10:54 PM
At first I could not connect to the online games. Then I followed the instructions on this thread for port forwarding. I can now connect but there is this stupid icon that is flashing on the screen all the time which ruins the game. Why is my ping a problem? I play Far Cry 2 plus many other online games and have never had a problem with ping or lag. Is the server located in a third world country which is not on the main grid? What date can we expect to have the ping problem resolved? Should I take the game back for a refund?

oakks
07-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Hi,
I've had no problems with CoJ:Bib multiplayer until yesterday. I start a new multiplayer game and within a few minutes of gameplay I get a message saying 'There is a problem with your connection to the Playstation Network' and the game ends. Although my connection is very strong and I have no problems with anything else http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Has anyone else experienced this problem? It's very frustrating.

Thanks,
oakks

s-a-l-t-y
07-12-2009, 01:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big_long:
At first I could not connect to the online games. Then I followed the instructions on this thread for port forwarding. I can now connect but there is this stupid icon that is flashing on the screen all the time which ruins the game. Why is my ping a problem? I play Far Cry 2 plus many other online games and have never had a problem with ping or lag. Is the server located in a third world country which is not on the main grid? What date can we expect to have the ping problem resolved? Should I take the game back for a refund? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. If the server's ping is shown as ONE RED BAR, then you should not expect to play on it lag-free period. Only servers that show pings of yellow or green bars will be enjoyable to play on.

If there aren't any yellow or green in your list at any given time, feel free to host your own.

2. Also, if you followed the port-forwarding instructions you could also make sure (as it says in my guides) that any SPI-type firewalls on your router are disabled while gaming. SPI tends to "fragment" (not block entirely) gaming traffic which of course is bad for overall latency.

In short, for the best MP gaming experience with most online games I always make sure I forward the needed ports, disable SPI and relax my router's NAT-filtering from STRICT to OPEN. The guides I linked in the OP of the "How to:" STICKY can tell you how to do those things. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

the Monk

ClintTheSquint
07-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Is anyone using Virgin Media with no router that has managed to connect online?

big_long
07-12-2009, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_Monk-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by big_long:
At first I could not connect to the online games. Then I followed the instructions on this thread for port forwarding. I can now connect but there is this stupid icon that is flashing on the screen all the time which ruins the game. Why is my ping a problem? I play Far Cry 2 plus many other online games and have never had a problem with ping or lag. Is the server located in a third world country which is not on the main grid? What date can we expect to have the ping problem resolved? Should I take the game back for a refund? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. If the server's ping is shown as ONE RED BAR, then you should not expect to play on it lag-free period. Only servers that show pings of yellow or green bars will be enjoyable to play on.

If there aren't any yellow or green in your list at any given time, feel free to host your own.

2. Also, if you followed the port-forwarding instructions you could also make sure (as it says in my guides) that any SPI-type firewalls on your router are disabled while gaming. SPI tends to "fragment" (not block entirely) gaming traffic which of course is bad for overall latency.

In short, for the best MP gaming experience with most online games I always make sure I forward the needed ports, disable SPI and relax my router's NAT-filtering from STRICT to OPEN. The guides I linked in the OP of the "How to:" STICKY can tell you how to do those things. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

the Monk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes the servers ping is shown in red.

I have tried everything you have said, I can play but have that stupid flashing thing on my screen.

I have disabled stateful packet inspection by ticking "Disable SIP ALG" and "Disable Port Scan and DOS Protection" and "Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port" in "WAN Setup" of my Netgear ADSL Router DG834GT. I have also turned off my Vista firewall. All this makes no difference. I am using wired connection.

I have already set-up port forwarding on the ports you listed.

<span class="ev_code_RED">This is offensive! I play loads of games online with no problem. Will UBI please admit that there is a problem with the game online and release a patch to fix it? </span> <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Only a select few can play this game online! </span>

big_long
07-12-2009, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_Monk-:

How will hosting my own game help when all the games must go through the slow server in Poland?

Game Server Address in Poland (http://en.utrace.de/?query=93.105.176.183)

big_long
07-12-2009, 09:21 PM

I have followed your instructions but just be sure check here I would appreciate the help with SPI & NAT (http://kbserver.netgear.com/pdf/dg834gt_manual.pdf)

I dont see why only this game is a problem.

s-a-l-t-y
07-12-2009, 09:36 PM

How will hosting my own game help when all the games must go through the slow server in Poland?

Game Server Address in Poland (http://en.utrace.de/?query=93.105.176.183) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't

All servers must "advertise/authenticate"......but after that it's person to person.

My point was....if all the servers you're trying to connect to are showing a RED PING, then you're too damn far away from those people to play reliably...and should therefore start your own server.

big_long
07-12-2009, 09:56 PM

you're too damn far away from those people to play reliably

Stange!? I play Far Cry 2, COD, COH, GRID, GTA IV online without any problem.

So why is it that I only have a problem with CoJ:BiB?

Archaneus
07-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I didn't read every single post in this thread so I apologize if I am repeating something, but I was having this problem myself until I remembered something that caused similar issues in the first game. This game absolutely hates hamachi. Even having a hamachi network enabled on your computer will cause this error.

Vistahttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gifXP is a similar path but I don't know it exactly)
Go to Control panel
-&gt;networking and sharing center
and then disable the hamachi network that will appear on the list if you have it installed.

This solved most of my problems with this error. I would assume any remaining issues connecting to games is due to legitimate time-outs.

big_long
07-13-2009, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archaneus:
This game absolutely hates hamachi. Even having a hamachi network enabled on your computer will cause this error.

Vistahttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gifXP is a similar path but I don't know it exactly)
Go to Control panel
-&gt;networking and sharing center
and then disable the hamachi network that will appear on the list if you have it installed.

This solved most of my problems with this error. I would assume any remaining issues connecting to games is due to legitimate time-outs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No hamachi network here and I still the same problem.

duveltje
07-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Man i havn't been abel to play for just one single time!Everytime i log in after 10 sec i get disconnected. I hear a lot of people who have been able to play the game once. But me not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

1. i forwarded "all" ports.
2. put dmz mode on
3. turned off firewall
4. updated ; visual c++, direct x, etc
5. uninstalled hamachi

maybe somone has a solution for my router?
speedoutch 780wl. Yes i game wireless, which should be fine nowdays. I never had any problems with online games untill now.

besides this, any news on the patch arrival ?

At least Techland should make a "hard" date of releasing the patch ppl know when they can play online again

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/session-designs/Designs/ut2004_copy.jpg

Ubi.Vigil
07-14-2009, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duveltje:
At least Techland should make a "hard" date of releasing the patch ppl know when they can play online again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The multiplayer issues are definitely being looked at, however it isn't possible to give a date for a possible patch yet. As soon as we hear more about what Techland are working on to address these issues we'll certainly let you know.

s-a-l-t-y
07-14-2009, 12:05 PM

So why is it that I only have a problem with CoJ:BiB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you were trying to game on COD or FC2 servers that were located on the other side of the world from you, I'm sure you'd be experiencing some LAGGg as well.....hehe

s-a-l-t-y
07-14-2009, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duveltje:
Man i havn't been abel to play for just one single time!Everytime i log in after 10 sec i get disconnected. I hear a lot of people who have been able to play the game once. But me not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

1. i forwarded "all" ports.
2. put dmz mode on
3. turned off firewall
4. updated ; visual c++, direct x, etc
5. uninstalled hamachi

maybe somone has a solution for my router?
speedoutch 780wl. Yes i game wireless, which should be fine nowdays. I never had any problems with online games untill now.

besides this, any news on the patch arrival ?

At least Techland should make a "hard" date of releasing the patch ppl know when they can play online again

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/session-designs/Designs/ut2004_copy.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

again,

If you're trying to connect to servers that have a RED PING then it's no surprise that you're losing connection.

If there aren't any non-RED PING servers in the list, then you would probably have more luck starting your own (that is, if you've configured yourself properly).

the Monk

Gazitron
07-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Sorry guys for todays kick from my server (GRAND) cos this GAME LOBBY IS FULL SUCK.

Deadbythewater
07-14-2009, 04:34 PM
This thread shouldnt dampen down the title of Multiplayer Issues. Its a bloody disaster! Once again I "Cant Connect To Internet Lobby" " "You Wont Be Able To Play Online With This Profile" bullcrap. If my unlocked characters and money are deleted once again like they were the first time this happened for over a day, in all its glory is this game worth the upkeep?

I mean ive seen that message before a match saying character unlocks are stored forever like some lame assurance that they wont be deleted. Well mine were the first time and for me that takes some of the point of building up in the game away from me. A pointless thing to keep doing if this "issue" isnt rectified promptly.

I will stand by and say this is a great game and im sure all of you agree has great potential unlike any other multiplayer game on the market...its unique. I'd really hate to uninstall it and leave it on my shelf because of this "issue".

Gazitron
07-14-2009, 04:55 PM
lol 4 hours left from my kick from game lobby, it still doesnt work...

dariusjulian
07-14-2009, 05:55 PM
haven't been able to get on in over an hour. This is bull****.

Beckikaze
07-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Lobby down. UBISOFT? Still alive?

EvolMonster
07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I love this game on multiplayer.
Tonight I have been disconnected halfway through a game 6 times in a row.
All on green ping servers.

Why hasnt ubisoft donw anything about this yet?
Its pathetic!
I for one am on the verge of giving up on this game and taking my loyalty elsewhere.

Beckikaze
07-16-2009, 09:16 AM
It is 17.00 o´clock in Germany and as always the lobby is down.

What the hell? Qhy cannot you support this game in a way it should be today?

It is really poor, Ubisoft.

seta911
07-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I also just bought the game this morning play single play great - create / register my account on multiplayer play for about 30minutes fine, my power went out and try to re-connect online telling me "Im unable to play with this profile online" I try making another one - just "Connection Timed Out" Please tell me I didnt just waste another 50$ on a game cant even play online...

doublebuck
07-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Why put out a very good creative game and claim it has mp and now we all get the same problems when we try to play online? Yesterday I played mp for an hour with no problems and now I try to connect and I am unable, because the lobby is down. I played the free Enemy Territory online for about 5 years, and now for the past 2 years and current I play ET Quake Wars with absolutely no problems ever, online! I also played COD5 mp with no problems either so why does COJ2 have so many problems or issues with mp? I guess it really matters what company makes a game! Don't get me wrong, COJ2 is the best western current. I just wish the mp of COJ2 would work as great as ET servers online and if that were so then we all could play whenever we felt like it and be super happy...

ClintTheSquint
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
I have just fixed my Black screen start up problem so now I can play the game, but in single player mode only. Now its multiplayer thats the problem. Every time I try to upload my profile I get the time out error message.

My connection is via Virgin Media broadband with no router, and this is the only PC connected. I have tried everything I can think of, Zone alarm firewall off, Firewall off for trusted sites of which CoJ is one of them. Antvirus off. Windows Firewall has been disabled since day one.

I've seen many posts here relating to ports, but is that an issue if you don't have a router?

If I have to allow a port how do you it. I'm running Windows XP XP3 with all updates installed.

Help please

big_long
07-16-2009, 09:24 PM

So why is it that I only have a problem with CoJ:BiB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you were trying to game on COD or FC2 servers that were located on the other side of the world from you, I'm sure you'd be experiencing some LAGGg as well.....hehe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your help the_Monk-

I can assure you that I play servers in Europe and America all the time with COD, COH, GTAIV, GRID & FC2 and no lagging at all! In fact I have just been playing FC2 for about three hours.

With the thousands of complaints on the internet regarding CoJ2 multiplayer it is very obvious that the games was never tested online before they released it to the public.

So now we all have to wait for a patch to fix the problem and by then the game will have been ruined by Hacks and cheats so it will not be worth playing online anyway. RIP CoJ2 MP.

Gazpachos
07-17-2009, 10:11 AM
''There is a problem with your connection to Internet Lobby''

WTF all games works perfect online but this one..

dariusjulian
07-17-2009, 05:35 PM
This is the same bull**** that I got with FC2. I will NEVER EVER buy another Ubisoft game.. and I suggest all of you to never to buy their bullsh*t games either.

ClintTheSquint
07-18-2009, 06:15 AM
I've managed with GROMRolands help to get online, but I have yet to complete any game, be it quick or custom. Get so far anything from 3 - 5 minutes then get what seems to be a regular message for players "There is a problem with your connection to Internet lobby"

What gets me is the game has been out for 14days in the UK and these problems still exist. Never had a problem with any version of CoD online. Are there not other servers hosting this game?

Deadbythewater
07-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Game User Profile has changed&lt;? Try to Reconnect Lobby is down again...fair enough had good few games. Lets see how long its down for this time.

ClintTheSquint
07-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I really dispair of this game after playing online this morning, and hosting a game now when I try to log on I keep getting the message Player cannot log on with this profile. What the hell's going on!!!

s-a-l-t-y
07-19-2009, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ClintTheSquint:
I've managed with GROMRolands help to get online, but I have yet to complete any game, be it quick or custom. Get so far anything from 3 - 5 minutes then get what seems to be a regular message for players "There is a problem with your connection to Internet lobby"

What gets me is the game has been out for 14days in the UK and these problems still exist. Never had a problem with any version of CoD online. Are there not other servers hosting this game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixing your DNS issue using the HOSTS file as per Roland's instructions is only ONE PART of resolving connectivity issues and will not help with issues of connection-filtering that either your own network setup is performing or your ISP might be performing.

When I was doing networking-support for the WiC (World in Conflict) community it turned out many people in the UK were having "filtering" applied to their connections by their ISP's without them even being aware of this.

Make sure you follow all of the steps in my guide(s). If you want further help please post back (or PM me) with your network map (setup), the type of hardware, and your ISP.

thanks,

the Monk

DanoBeck
07-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Why can't I play ranked matches with my friends?! This is a huge drawback for me. The only reason I play online games is to play with my buddies! Why can't PS3 figure this out?

JohnHabitbol
07-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Just a message to say how much I'm chocked about the MP gestion from ubisoft . I can see few servers ,but never can connect to anyone ... Will they put out their fingers out of their a.. to fix this problem ? I just feel like i've been stolen.

dototo
07-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Game succssesfully returned to shop today.
One advice for Ubi, make a game first and make a playable online and then start to sell it out.

Couple of month more and new COD is coming.

Eothal
08-01-2009, 11:31 AM
OMG im so angry i bought this game 2 days ago for multiplayer but all i get is stupid lag and the connection broken thing on my screen. <span class="ev_code_RED">***please don't use profanities, all Ubi forums are "E" rated***</span>

Eothal
08-01-2009, 11:33 AM
So how am i supposed to bring this piece of crap back for my money seems the shops don't refund pc games... :@

<span class="ev_code_RED">***please don't use profanities, all Ubi forums are "E" rated***</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">***second warning***</span>

dototo
08-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I had a luck, Fnac returns after two days without any problems.

GL with returning

NightnareBill
08-02-2009, 10:21 PM
I had problems in the beginning but now I play daily and it is fun.
This info may help someone to play multiplayer.
#1 upload profile time out error message.
can easily be that your selected name is
already in use as was mine.
Fix it by signing up with ubi.com . Keep selecting a name and password until ubi.com accepts it. then use this name and password for your coj multiplayer. THIS WORKED FOR ME

#2 I have a dsl modem and a router . I tried all of the port forwarding ideas proposed, but could not connect to games. So I take the cable going to the router out and plug it into the computer, therby bypassing the router. Yes you will no longer have wifi, just plug it back in and reset the router by pulling the power and turning it back on . THIS IS HOW I PLAY GAMES DAILY.

#4 There is a problem with your connection to internet lobby and game closes. I believe these are games to far away and have lousy pings. I just try to select orange and green games.

Ok please do not beat me up. I am not an expert of any kind. Just thought there might be a clue in here to help another playere enjoy the game.

Xenocide1960
08-12-2009, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ClintTheSquint:
I really dispair of this game after playing online this morning, and hosting a game now when I try to log on I keep getting the message Player cannot log on with this profile. What the hell's going on!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had exactly the same error half an hour ago.

I hosted a game and after one hour, I got an timout to server error. I tried to restart the server but couldn't log into internet lobby. It shows an lcon symbol in front of my nick/player profile name

Any help would be appreciated

REPS-GYM
08-16-2009, 12:03 PM
This is our 1st time posting on any forum.. after reading most of the comments for this game we're kind of wondering is it even worth leaving a comment as it seems that nothing is going to be corrected..

We have over 200 hrs game play. but we have been trying to play probably 5 times that.. since it come out really.

All our friends have the same problem.. hardly anyone is able to host games at all, never mind joining them..

We have spent way more time sitting pressing the refresh button over and over than we do of game play, due to the lack of servers or good servers we've only ever seen a couple of green servers and they also lag.. freezing.. the characters sticking.. bullets not shooting people, when normally it would.. taking double bullets.. getting stuck at the worst times.. like just about to hide with the star/shield.. whilst others can run on shooting fine and then sometimes they stick.. and everyone ends up shot whilst stuck.. HOW FRUSTRATING IS THAT.. aaagghhhh!!!
Connection to Server Time Out.. The Game Session is No Longer Available... etc.. etc..

We don't understand why they sell a game saying its an online game, for £40.. and worse an additional £7.99 for dlc for the mp online part.. when all this time they've had and obviously known about everyone already having the same problem..

Already friends have stopped playing this game because of this problem and gone back to cod.. games.

cant really blame them, but soon their wont be anyone to play with..

EVERYONE FED UP WAITING.. for fix for the online gaming to FIX the CONNECTIONS and the mic problems.

we use ps3 and bthome-hub...

one answer for probably all the customers...

Who ever we as customers all paid our monies to, answer this one question for us all....???

IS THERE GOING TO BE A FIX for this OR NOT !!!

Before EVERYONE stops playing...!

dantoxx
08-18-2009, 12:51 PM
hello plzz read this i have a problem with call of jureaz i have buyed it on steam, but i cant crate a online multiplayer acount because, everytime im crating i dont understanding the serial number when im crating, plzz anwers somebody so i can play the collest game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

native_1994
09-03-2009, 03:40 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif i have some strange prob.
First time when i installed coj:bib all was good and i could connect to server.
Than i restarted windows and now connection to server time out ...

Inc. situation

Rooster511
11-24-2009, 10:50 AM

3. Enjoy your game! I know I am! hehe :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so your saying everyone thats having the same prob with connecting cause of "timed out" is our computers fault when two days ago i was playing just fine now nothing..wow none of my other games do this with me so why just CIJ..sounds to me COJ needs to be debugged...never had to do anything extra with my other online games.. maybe UB needs to fix it and not everyone else..

glideman
11-24-2009, 03:25 PM
General concensus is that the current wave of internet lobby problems is due to server crashes. However, we only have one guy's phone call to tech services to go on. They have not had the common courtesy to post here on the board to give us a lowdown, an apology, and an eta fix.

GROMRoland
11-25-2009, 02:37 PM
I don't know if you guys are still having connection problems to the lobbys but if you are you might want to read my post here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9901090327/m/2281018697)
Techland often has DNS issues (don't know if it is their DNS host or if it's just the Polish ISP), however, in the past it hasn't actually been the servers that are down, rather the DNS record that takes your game to their server. If this is what's happening the fix I posted last month should resolve those problems.

Eastwood-ELITE
10-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I KNOW THIS IS A VERY OLD FORUM, BUT ANYWAY JUST INCASE ANYBODY READS THIS AND THINKS ITS NOT WORTH BUYING THE GAME "Call of Juarez Bound in Blood" READ MY POST TO THE END AND ITTL CHANGER YOUR MIND. I SEE SOME PEOPLE WRITING ABOUT CHEATERS IN THE GAME?...YEAH IT USED TO BE A PROBLEM, THERE WERE TWO CHEATERS THAT USED MANY DIFFERENT NAMES, WE NEVER KNEW HOW THEY GOT THEM BECAUSE WHEN WE LOOKED AROUND WE COULDNT FIND THEM, AND THEY WERE ALWAYS RUINING OUR GAMES WHEN WE USED TO PLAY. BUT EVER SINCE ONE OF OUR GUYS, THAT WE REGULARLY PLAY ONLINE WITH, SOMEHOW GOT ONE OF THE CHEATERS TO SEND HIM THE CHEATS. (I HAVE PERSONALLY TRIED BUT IT DIDNT WORK), BUT HE GOT IT, AND ONLY A FEW OF US GAME LOVERS HAVE IT AND IF A CHEATER COMES ONLINE WHILE WERE PLAYING WE SWITCH TO THE CHEAT MODE JUST LIKE HIS AND KICK HIS *** BIG TIME SO HE JUST CRIES AND LEAVES. AND WITH A NEW SERVER UP "WILLIAM_MUNNY_DEDICATED" WHERE SOME OF US GOOD PLAYERS HAVE A CONTACT WITH THE HOST AND HAVE THE LOG IN INFO, WERE ARE ABLE TO JUST KICK THE CHEATERS OUT OF THE SERVER IF THEYRE ON. SO TO ANYONE WHO HAS SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS GAME, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT, ITS LOTS AND LOTS OF FUN AND THE CONNECTIONS TO THE SERVERS ARE FAIR, RARELY ANY OF US HAVE PROBLEMS CONNECTING, AND MOST OF THE SERVERS THAT PEOPLE PLAY ON ARE UNDER OUR PROTECTION FROM CHEATERS. JOIN US ONLINE AND YOU WILL NEVER REGRET THAT U DID.

GOOD LUCK IN MP FOLKS

Gazitron
10-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I agree with some moments.
I am agree that to create an any game especially this modern super game is very difficult and takes a lot of money (some millions dollars) And this game based on single player mode. Techland made very good and funny SP based game. Sure publisher (UBI) wanted a good SP game and just in case they offered for some MP game mode because modern game with no MP mode will be useless and will not accumulate enough budget to earn some money (business). So UBI paid like 1 000 000 for SP game and only 10 000 for MP game mode, then Teachland made MP game for those money. So those money wasn't enough for good MP game mode that's why it so sux. No ban command for cheaters and if you will say like you guys now use cheats when cheaters are coming so here is no way you be an angels - you use cheats and you are cheaters then. For example you will want to defeat incoming cheater and you turn cheats on and you will shoot him with your machineguns which use 100 bullets per second and you will kill 10 defendless fair players just in case and everytime will be same situation. Also I am sure soon guys you will take enough and also as SPYMAN_SAYS did you will switch your names like NOOB_KILLER etc and will kill fair players everytime nonstop because you are sending those cheats to each other. And then you will switch your names back and will say like "Oh my God here is stupid cheater what a shame - I never use cheats!". I am sure will be like that! Here was 2 cheaters but now it will be at least 6, then all elite team and then 90% of all players. Because here was launched the process of publishing those cheats and popularizing them by you (Like I can use cheats just in case).

You guys better work on good anticheat or ask Teachland to release a little patch which will hide all cheat settings in the code - I am sure they can such they could to release their own dedicated server program. I am only one who asking them about it such as I am asking UBISOFT to release new DLC and new patches against cheats.

So good game but they don't want to fix their MP game. With good MP game this game will be a gold.

I am only one who ask them while you guys use cheats and popularize them. Sure UBI and TEACHLAND will not do anything if only 1 noob guy as I am asking them about it.

William_Munny - good work - 24 hours sit behind the monitor and type: /KICK SPYMAN_SAYS I guess you will not take it too long.

Conclusion: ask Techland and UBI to release DLC or patch or find good coders and release our own anticheat.

PS: when I said UBI paid for this creation of this game maybe I was wrong - anyway I meant this situation.

amauricio22
10-18-2010, 09:48 PM
the true is a big power
cheats not kill the true cowboy

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1002687/m/3921042688 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3901002687/m/3921042688)

Gazitron
10-19-2010, 02:55 AM
So is it bad to help the guy who want to create some good mod for this game and add new weapon?

amauricio22
10-19-2010, 06:02 AM
So is it bad to help the guy who want to create some good mod for this game and add new weapon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is bad you violate the rigth of the all users of this game
you modificate files and now you join in the server with the same name profile of the users and you use big cheats whit the name of honest people
you are te creator of coj3 lol
but you destroy coj2
maybe techland release one anti-gazitron very soon

Gazitron
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> I never cheat, otherwise UBI has to ban you on this forum for charging me as cheater if I never cheat!

I recommend you to shut up at all.

PS

<span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span>

Pavol12
08-28-2012, 09:19 AM
For me helped that I deleted hamachi from computer (with hamachi adapter in internet connections)! And I dont need to delete tunngle... so only hamachi make problems... hope I will help you... it helped to me... THANK YOU UBISOFT FOR AWESOME GAMES (AC,COJ etc)