PDA

View Full Version : Vectors

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Can someone explain vectors? Was flying VOW last night. Does FB give you a vector to fly to? Compass has a airplane image. Does this mean anything?

Can FB give return vectors from the tower?

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Can someone explain vectors? Was flying VOW last night. Does FB give you a vector to fly to? Compass has a airplane image. Does this mean anything?

Can FB give return vectors from the tower?

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 03:35 PM
The little airplane in the center of the compass on German planes points you to the waypoints on your mission.

In VOW, where there is no minmap path while flying, you must follow the pointer to the next waypoint. Once you get there, the pointer will automatically change to the next waypoint, until you are over the target.

Once you reach the last waypoint, the pointer will direct you back to base.

You can also forward the pointer to the next waypoint by hitting Tab, then the number for Navigation (8 i think), then the number for Next Waypoint. The pointer will then direct you to the next waypoint if you want to take a shortcut or missed the current waypoint and don't want to go back.

Now that I think about it, hitting Tab, 8 and the number for Next Waypoint repeatedly might point you to home.

You can also hit Tab, number 9 and then number 3 to request a vector to home base. But in coops, this seems to only work for flight leaders.

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 03:58 PM
I did not know that!!

Aren't you supposed to be working?