PDA

View Full Version : To everyone who thinks this is an airport

JadeBosson.
03-16-2018, 03:50 AM
Announcing your departure just seems like a cry for attention if you're really going to leave why make a post about it? Like I'm legit confused on why there's so many of them it feels like you stay in an apartment for a year or so, then suddenly you pull out a megaphone and your like BYE GUYS IM LEAVING lol like I get some ppl hate S5 some ppl Hate Shaman - Nobushi - Warden ect and if you hate those characters / S5 you can make a post about it and be like heres why blah blah blah, but I don't see the need of Heres why I'm leaving.

Just leave and be done with the game.

Devils-_-legacy
03-16-2018, 03:54 AM
If theyGive feedback on why there leaving is helpfull to the for honor team if they actualy bring up information on what happened to cause them to leave. it used to be based on connection issues then balance

JadeBosson.
03-16-2018, 03:57 AM
I currently still have some connection issues on a side note (rarely) but I think it's more on my end : but some of these I'm leaving post just sound like HEY I NEED ATTENTION

CandleInTheDark
03-16-2018, 03:58 AM
Most of the ones currently active, yeah it feels like they only came to the forum to say that, others that have been around, I guess they feel that if they are leaving a community, they would like to say their goodbyes and not have people wondering where they went. Some of them have been valued voices in the community for a good while.

Sometimes it does also serve a purpose, I had to unplug from online and gaming stuff for my own mental well being earlier in the year, snag being I do the Den recaps and someone needed to pick them up so I posted an I need to go and haven't revisited that thread since, and with Tundra, I wouldn't have done at the very least the Den after that was left needing someone so Tundra posting that meant we knew someone else needed to do it.

Devils-_-legacy
03-16-2018, 03:59 AM
Idk the majority that I've seen are active helpfull members like tundra but there have been one or two where there new members doing it i tend to ignore it

Tundra 793
03-16-2018, 04:00 AM
if you're really going to leave why make a post about it? Like I'm legit confused on why there's so many of them

Alright, allow me to enlighten you, and whoever feels like this is just attention seeking.

A large number of the recent high profile departures have been frequent posters and contributors to this particular forum for around 1 year, give or take some months. Some of us have contributed, and communicated with other members, and Community reps rather closely in the course of this past year, and so announcing a departure is a courtesy to them.
When I announced my intention to leave the game, It was also a PSA since I was doing the weekly recaps at the time, and the forum community needed to find a replacement.

For most however it is a final chance to offer critique on the game, specifically the aspects which has made so many members leave, and have these ideas passed into the developers, which is literally the whole purpose of forums such as these.
It can also be seen as a form of visible protest against the direction the game has taken, which some members found unbecoming.

All these points, however relevant, are completely moot because everyone is free to post their thoughts, ideas and concerns for this game on these public forums, without accusations about their motivations being tossed at them for voicing their beliefs in a manner you might not like.

On a personal note; I simply refuse to let so many fantastic people and great members' reputations be tarnished by anyone daring to toss aside their opinions as "attention seeking".

Sauronbaine
03-16-2018, 04:02 AM
Ahahahahahahah.

I love the title thread. You have to admit, its quite clever.

As for why they do it... I dont think its a big deal, but alot of them their reasoning is eyeroll worthy. Even Tundra's post((I dont think he made a thhread)), but his post was half eyeroll worthy. I know hes a great community person and I appreciate his work, but I think its fair that I can say that I thikn half of his complaints are... well kinda dumb.

Tundra 793
03-16-2018, 04:05 AM
Ahahahahahahah.

I love the title thread. You have to admit, its quite clever.

As for why they do it... I dont think its a big deal, but alot of them their reasoning is eyeroll worthy. Even Tundra's post((I dont think he made a thhread)), but his post was half eyeroll worthy. I know hes a great community person and I appreciate his work, but I think its fair that I can say that I thikn half of his complaints are... well kinda dumb.

Thanks for being honest, but as I recall, most of my complaints were shared by more members than those who found them, "dumb".

bob333e
03-16-2018, 04:10 AM

Dumb is subjective. Not sharing your own sentiments on the game is not dumb; it's a different perspective. But if you recall what Tundra specifically said, it wasn't "complaints". It was facts, actually. Worrisome facts.

brashtralas
03-16-2018, 04:20 AM
Announcing your departure just seems like a cry for attention if you're really going to leave why make a post about it? Like I'm legit confused on why there's so many of them it feels like you stay in an apartment for a year or so, then suddenly you pull out a megaphone and your like BYE GUYS IM LEAVING lol like I get some ppl hate S5 some ppl Hate Shaman - Nobushi - Warden ect and if you hate those characters / S5 you can make a post about it and be like heres why blah blah blah, but I don't see the need of Heres why I'm leaving.

Because a lot of regulars are friendly enough to have made actual friendships here, their opinions matter. A lot of us actually do care when they leave, and Ubisoft should as well.

But you can feel free to go quietly. Like, whenever is fine.

Sauronbaine
03-16-2018, 04:25 AM
Thanks for being honest, but as I recall, most of my complaints were shared by more members than those who found them, "dumb".

Wait no! I thought you were someone e lse.! Not you Tundra!

It was some other guy.... ****. Im sorry.

Dumb is subjective. Not sharing your own sentiments on the game is not dumb; it's a different perspective. But if you recall what Tundra specifically said, it wasn't "complaints". It was facts, actually. Worrisome facts.

It was this guys opinion I thought were half dumb. My bad. :P

RenegadeRasta
03-16-2018, 04:30 AM

You're kind of a *******. If ya don't like what you see then look the other way. People who used to or still care about this game will continue to voice their displeasure of the games' current direction in whatever fashion they see fit, such as 'goodbye posts.'

bob333e
03-16-2018, 04:32 AM

You mean these two instances?

And the fact you had to put in your little hate for Conq... kinda ruins your entire post for me. You dont seem to know how to play. If you're having trouble with Conq, that's a personal problem. I dont have problems with conq... well unless im playing Centurion....

I read up until someone started complaining about Centurion.
He's low B tier for a reason. -eyeroll-
Too many people suck at this game and come complaining.

They're not Tundra alright, though one of them is a prominent and wise member on here; yet my statement still stands regardless. It's all perspective, buddy. To you they might sound dumb, but doesn't mean they're actually dumb.

Devils-_-legacy
03-16-2018, 04:35 AM
I'm starting to like this thread lol

Sauronbaine
03-16-2018, 04:37 AM
You mean these two instances?

They're not Tundra alright, though one of them is a prominent and wise member on here; yet my statement still stands regardless. It's all perspective, buddy. To you they might sound dumb, but doesn't mean they're actually dumb.

It was on a different threat. You listed all the reasons why you hated the game, like the memes and other things. I dont remember where I read it. I found half of it just eyeroll worthy.

Tundra 793
03-16-2018, 04:38 AM
Wait no! I thought you were someone e lse.! Not you Tundra!

It was some other guy.... ****. Im sorry.

While I'm flattered, in the worst possible way that my name carries that kind of reaction, all is forgiven.
You voice your opinions in honesty, don't stop that.

Fady, despite only having been here slightly longer than yourself, has been a prominent and valued contributor to these forums. Agree or disagree, dumb or wise, his posts have always warranted thourough and sincere consideration. The effort and thought he puts into his feedback is damn near unmatched, rivalved only by Raime's posts and few others.
Dismissing them on any level is doing yourself a disservice.

Cliff_001
I thought this was another spam thread at first until I saw it had replies. I also enjoy the creativity on the title gg.

bob333e
It was on a different threat. You listed all the reasons why you hated the game, like the memes and other things. I dont remember where I read it. I found half of it just eyeroll worthy.

Oh you missed out on a freshly squeezed one, written just today, with bittersweet accuracy ;) I won't point out where it is tho. Gotta dig the treasure :P

Spoiler: it's on the first page of the forum.

RoosterIlluzion
03-16-2018, 04:56 AM
Attention.

JadeBosson.
03-16-2018, 05:11 AM

treasue hunt ruined XD

if I may ask whom is considered a regular among the forums

Tundra 793
03-16-2018, 05:16 AM
treasue hunt ruined XD

The ones whose names we can recognize. Those who you were so quick to dismiss as attention seeking in your OP.

For what it's worth, I've considered you a regular, but whatever esteem I may have held you in dwindled when I saw this thread of yours.

EvoX.
03-16-2018, 06:06 AM
Lmao, that title is something else.

ChampionRuby50g
03-16-2018, 07:07 AM
Think of it this way... you’ve been talking to someone for a year now, gotten to know them well, enjoyed moments with them and have respect for them. All of a sudden they disappear without telling you why and giving you no indication of where they have gone. You’d be the type of person to call this rude, mean and downright disrespectful to yourself as you’d be wondering where a friend has gone. Now on the other hand, when they do say they are leaving and why they are leaving, you call them attention seeking. Hypocritical. You just can’t win with some people...

Sauronbaine
03-16-2018, 07:40 AM
While I'm flattered, in the worst possible way that my name carries that kind of reaction, all is forgiven.
You voice your opinions in honesty, don't stop that.

Fady, despite only having been here slightly longer than yourself, has been a prominent and valued contributor to these forums. Agree or disagree, dumb or wise, his posts have always warranted thourough and sincere consideration. The effort and thought he puts into his feedback is damn near unmatched, rivalved only by Raime's posts and few others.
Dismissing them on any level is doing yourself a disservice.

Im making myself into an ***... I dont mean it. Let me explain better!

Oh you missed out on a freshly squeezed one, written just today, with bittersweet accuracy ;) I won't point out where it is tho. Gotta dig the treasure :P

I dont think you are stupid or anything, there are just some things that you have stated that I disagree with completely and find... kinda ridiculous to be reasons to leave. Granted, I am my own person and what I think is different from others and thats fine. Ive agreed with you in the past many times, just some things I dont. I didn't mean to sound like an *** and think you are a dumb hick. APologies. lol

Halvtand
03-16-2018, 11:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CunIOTpUMAAT6ME.jpg

Knight_Raime
03-16-2018, 12:16 PM
I mean...You're not really doing better by making a complaint thread about it.
Majority of the people who've stated were leaving were true and blue valued members of this site keeping it active and not drowning in bot posts and random one offs of people spewing their toxic frustration.

Plus "i'm leaving" threads are a final chance for their opinion to be heard. As they truly cared about the game/community. and it's their way of giving a final nudge of help. Even if they never do come back. You can call it attention crying if you want. But by making this thread you're essentially getting yourself attention.

CandleInTheDark
03-16-2018, 12:39 PM
treasue hunt ruined XD

I would say people that have been here since launch or have been active here whether in debates or just a generally being around and offering their opinion on something.

TheBog was here since season 1 as has ArchoVax been, Knight_Raime has been here since one or two if I recall, Don't know when others like ChampionRuby,, Vakris, Fady or Tundra came here but they made themselves recognisable and Tundra did the den recaps for awhile, Coyote,who came back and left again recently, was here from the start as was Gray who left when the P2P system deteriorated among a few other things, if they came back they would pretty much automatically just fit back in as far as those who have been here for ever are concerned. In my own case I have been here since about the second week since launch (it was still round 1of season 1 so within the first 15 days) and started the Den recaps here, if I were to leave then yeah I would tell people. There are probably others, this was off the top of my head.

Like I said there are a couple where you look at the name and think they came here just to say that, not that their criticism is any less valid by the by, but yeah there are a good few here who people would want to know where they were and that isn't something that should be casually dismissed as attention seeking.

Knight_Raime
03-16-2018, 12:54 PM
I would say people that have been here since launch or have been active here whether in debates or just a generally being around and offering their opinion on something.

TheBog was here since season 1 as has ArchoVax been, Knight_Raime has been here since one or two if I recall, Don't know when others like ChampionRuby, Fady or Tundra came here but they made themselves recognisable and Tundra did the den recaps for awhile, Coyote,who came back and left again recently, was here from the start as was Gray who left when the P2P system deteriorated among a few other things, if they came back they would pretty much automatically just fit back in as far as those who have been here for ever are concerned. In my own case I have been here since about the second week since launch (it was still round 1of season 1 so within the first 15 days) and started the Den recaps here, if I were to leave then yeah I would tell people. There are probably others, this was off the top of my head.

Like I said there are a couple where you look at the name and think they came here just to say that, not that their criticism is any less valid by the by, but yeah there are a good few here who people would want to know where they were and that isn't something that should be casually dismissed as attention seeking.

Been here since season one. I think I might have made my account during the beta. But idr if I posted during the beta or not.
Ruby I feel sprouted up around season 2 late. maybe early season 3. Fady only showed up here in the past...maybe 4-5 months? He was probably the newest of the regs. But i'd consider exo (evo?) arch duke, brashtalas, jiblet? and maybe 1 or 2 other people as regulars now.

I feel like I saw tundra back in season 2. I really feel like he's posted in some of my cent threads back when I outed myself as a centurion main and basically took on the forums. xD
Gray hasn't been around in awhile. Haven't heard about him in so long either. No idea he'd actually left. And cyote...oof. Name still hurts me. Did a 180 from being a real chill dude to a very toxic guy when he came back around. We can't forget about allustar or charmzz! Miss them both greatly.

bob333e
03-16-2018, 05:43 PM
I dont think you are stupid or anything, there are just some things that you have stated that I disagree with completely and find... kinda ridiculous to be reasons to leave. Granted, I am my own person and what I think is different from others and thats fine. Ive agreed with you in the past many times, just some things I dont. I didn't mean to sound like an *** and think you are a dumb hick. APologies. lol

It's completely fine to disagree with things I state or suggest; I no way seek to have everyone who reads my posts agree with my perspective or my assessments on things around For Honor. Having diverging opinions is a healthy thing; though I am glad we do share common ground on quite some stuff. I am always up for constructive debates provided nobody steers off-topic or resorts to flaming or name-calling. Apology accepted, no offense was taken.

Fady only showed up here in the past...maybe 4-5 months? He was probably the newest of the regs.

Had my account on here since February 2017 and was only browsing the forum without really taking part in anything; only started being active in November 2017, after I bought the game.

BTTrinity
03-16-2018, 06:43 PM
Yet another very helpful post from jade /s

Seriously, every time you post something on these forums its not helpful in the slightest and despite people telling you that, you're here insulting people without putting an ounce of thought into why people are announcing their departure. If you're not coming here to contribute, then just dont come here at all.

Now that I got that out of my way, Im going to put you on ignore.

As a wise person once said "lulbye"

Vakris_One
03-16-2018, 06:47 PM
I thought this thread was spam until I saw it get 30 plus replies. Cheeky thread title!

But I disagree with your sentiment. Just because someone is leaving their final thoughts, reasons and feedback before they move on doesn't make it attention seeking. When a well regarded and/or long time member of this forum wants to voice their concerns for the last time before going silent, for a while or for good, on here they should have every right to do so without fear of being labelled as "attention seeking" or what not. It's about leaving their final thoughts, feedback and opinion and in Tundra's case it was also about notifying the community that someone else needed to take over the recaps from him.

I see nothing wrong with any of that so long as it isn't just a pure rage post.

TheBog was here since season 1 as has ArchoVax been, Knight_Raime has been here since one or two if I recall, Don't know when others like ChampionRuby,, Vakris, Fady or Tundra came here but they made themselves recognisable and Tundra did the den recaps for awhile, Coyote,who came back and left again recently, was here from the start as was Gray who left when the P2P system deteriorated among a few other things, if they came back they would pretty much automatically just fit back in as far as those who have been here for ever are concerned. In my own case I have been here since about the second week since launch (it was still round 1of season 1 so within the first 15 days) and started the Den recaps here, if I were to leave then yeah I would tell people. There are probably others, this was off the top of my head.

I've been here since the Alpha although I mainly used this forum to only post my feedback from the Alpha and Beta tests. Towards the closed and open betas I started taking part a bit more in general discussions about the characters and helping other posters who had questions or wanted advice here and there.

I didn't buy the game at launch so I wasn't posting on the forum anymore during that time. I started posting again when I bought the game during mid-Season 2 and that's when I started being more active on the forum.

Been here since season one. I think I might have made my account during the beta. But idr if I posted during the beta or not.
Ruby I feel sprouted up around season 2 late. maybe early season 3. Fady only showed up here in the past...maybe 4-5 months? He was probably the newest of the regs. But i'd consider exo (evo?) arch duke, brashtalas, jiblet? and maybe 1 or 2 other people as regulars now.

I feel like I saw tundra back in season 2. I really feel like he's posted in some of my cent threads back when I outed myself as a centurion main and basically took on the forums. xD
Gray hasn't been around in awhile. Haven't heard about him in so long either. No idea he'd actually left. And cyote...oof. Name still hurts me. Did a 180 from being a real chill dude to a very toxic guy when he came back around. We can't forget about allustar or charmzz! Miss them both greatly.
Charmzz is still here, I've seen a recent post or two from them in the past couple days. I haven't seen posts from Allustar in a while though.

Jiblet2017
03-16-2018, 07:56 PM

The people who you regularly see posting.

It is better to play it safe and try to be respectful to all posters. If you have a disagreement that is not about substantitive feedback, it's probably best to keep it to yourself.

I personally enjoy reading a lot of the "I'm leaving threads." A lot of them have pretty well though out points, even if I don't personally agree with all of them.

wolfman25br
03-16-2018, 08:52 PM
Public forum, nough said.
Rant or not, everyone who can/want, should give an opinion. Especialy when comes as a reason for quitting.
Its not the case of the author, the concerns raised are well know, and should be taken serioulsy by Ubi.

Archeun
03-16-2018, 09:23 PM
@jadeblossom How about you just ignore us instead? We have as much right to say how we feel as we leave as you do to put your input into it. Many of us say it because we love this game but hate the BS and Git Gud crowd who have ruined it.

AkenoKobayashi
03-16-2018, 11:24 PM
Most of the ones currently active, yeah it feels like they only came to the forum to say that, others that have been around, I guess they feel that if they are leaving a community, they would like to say their goodbyes and not have people wondering where they went. Some of them have been valued voices in the community for a good while.

Sometimes it does also serve a purpose, I had to unplug from online and gaming stuff for my own mental well being earlier in the year, snag being I do the Den recaps and someone needed to pick them up so I posted an I need to go and haven't revisited that thread since, and with Tundra, I wouldn't have done at the very least the Den after that was left needing someone so Tundra posting that meant we knew someone else needed to do it.

I'm sure we'd all be concerned about the state this game if Candle leaves.

Ulrichvonbek111
03-16-2018, 11:54 PM

Indeed shared,,by whom,,,the Chosen of course.

Ulrichvonbek111
03-16-2018, 11:57 PM

Yes even more proof,,,straight after the OP claimed your complaint to be dumb,,to your defence came who ?
Ahh it be one of hmmm the Chosen,,why of course.
Horses for co uses.

ChampionRuby50g
03-17-2018, 12:03 AM

I actually made a forum account maybe mid Season 1, I had the game a few days after release but for my first 300 or so posts I just hung around the suggestions and feedback forums for the majority of Season 1, before coming over to General Discussion in Season 2. Due to a misunderstanding, my account got "perma-banned" due to spam at one point lol, but that got cleared up by Ubisoft support so the "join date" that appears under the username and avatar next to my points is off by a month or so as it highlights when I got my account back rather than when I first joined.

But aye, it's been a while since Alustar has shown face. Lots of people have been coming and going, more going than coming now it seems.

Tundra 793
03-17-2018, 12:14 AM
Yes even more proof,,,straight after the OP claimed your complaint to be dumb,,to your defence came who ?
Ahh it be one of hmmm the Chosen,,why of course.
Horses for co uses.

For the record, I'm going to go ahead and start to report any post you make with even the slightest forum rule violation in it. I don't think I've ever agreed with any single idea or suggestion you've made, but I've always respected your right to post them.

But you seem absolutely incapable on any level to engage with a large number of other forum members without resorting to name calling and wild conspiracy theories.
The people who come to my "defense" are not part of any "Chosen", or "Kleek" or a "Guardian". These terms and hidden factions exist purely inside your head. We often agree and support each other in threads, because we agree with each other. We all even remain perfectly courteous and friendly with the members we don't agree with.

But for as long as I remember, you've been strangely abrasive, quick to name-call and completely dismissive of points and notions that don't align with your own. To say it mildly; You're not a good community member. Your past bans and infractions speak volumes about this community's perception of you, and despite past chances given to better yourself, you alway fall right back into the same routine that's damn near made you the single pariah of this forum.

I don't particularly care about For Honor anymore, but I still care for several people on this forum, and this community, and quite frankly; They'd be better off without your accusations and conspiracy theories clouding what ought to be rational discourse.

Vakris_One
03-17-2018, 12:37 AM
I have 2 burning questions:

1) Do "The Chosen" get complimentary free escorts from Dubai?

Horses for co uses.
2) If a "Chosen" owns a horse, does that make the Horse a member of "the chosen"?

Tundra 793
03-17-2018, 12:47 AM
I have 2 burning questions:

1) Do "The Chosen" get complimentary free escorts from Dubai?

2) If a "Chosen" owns a horse, does that make the Horse a member of "the chosen"?

2a) If the Horse is also a "the Chosen", does it also get a complimentary free escort from Dubai?

Dry.Fish
03-17-2018, 12:57 AM
Do you want this to be a safe space where we can all hold hands and skip through a field of flowers?

bob333e
03-17-2018, 01:19 AM
2a) If the Horse is also a "the Chosen", does it also get a complimentary free escort from Dubai?

2b) if the "Chosen" owns a complimentary free escort from Dubai, does that make the complimentary free escort from Dubai also a "Chosen"?

bob333e
03-17-2018, 01:38 AM
Sleep well tonight, Ulrich.

https://i.imgur.com/xLvYVky.png

;)

Vakris_One
03-17-2018, 01:39 AM

2b) if the "Chosen" owns a complimentary free escort from Dubai, does that make the complimentary free escort from Dubai also a "Chosen"?
That would mean a "Chosen" with a horse that becomes the "Chosen" would then get an escort that would then be a "Chosen" that would then get an escort that would also be a "Chosen" and her camel would then become "Chosen" and then the camel could legally own a horse and then that horse would become "Chosen" and then ....

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/woah.gif

This is too deep for a Friday night! :eek:

ChampionRuby50g
03-17-2018, 01:53 AM
But whose going to be the Guardian of the Chosen, and the Chosen horses, to also protect the Chosen escorts and Chosen camels?

UbiInsulin
03-17-2018, 02:24 AM
Closing this thread as it's getting pretty troll-y.

Nice memes, tho.