PDA

View Full Version : multiplay online play

jamesdeanoo7
01-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Hi, Can anyone help. My friend and I just bought the IL2 1946 version and both patched to the v.08 patch. We want to use the multiplay option and I thought all we had to do was load up a mission then join each other using our isp address. It just displays server timed out message. Do we both need the dedicated server or something like that? Anyone any ideas on how we set this up? remember we are NOOBS, LOL.

jamesdeanoo7
01-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Hi, Can anyone help. My friend and I just bought the IL2 1946 version and both patched to the v.08 patch. We want to use the multiplay option and I thought all we had to do was load up a mission then join each other using our isp address. It just displays server timed out message. Do we both need the dedicated server or something like that? Anyone any ideas on how we set this up? remember we are NOOBS, LOL.

JtD
01-10-2010, 03:20 AM
Hello, in a LAN session all you should need to do is that one of you creates a mission, and the other one joins this guy. If you want to fly against each other on a dogfight server, one clicks

- multiplay
- create new server
- select game type dogfight, max number of player should be 2 minimum and name doesn't matter, click create
- select a mission, set difficulty, click load

The other one thereafter clicks
- multiplay
- join server
- search for local servers
- select the game he finds and click join

If it does not work this way, something is wrong, and that could be the game setup or a problem with windows (firewall?).

If it is not a LAN session, the same thing should work if the joining player manually enters the ip address of the other guy. Don't forget to add ":21000" (that's the port) after it.

Please note, there is a nice patch to version 4.09 out, which you may want to download and install.

jamesdeanoo7
01-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the info. We downloaded the patch you suggested, thanks again. Will see if this works now, at least managing to take off and land quite well. LOL.

Troll2k
01-11-2010, 02:47 AM
If you are playing over the internet and behind a router you will have to port forward if you are hosting.Also you will have to give 1946 permission in your firewall.

jamesdeanoo7
01-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Hi, Thanks that makes sense.I have checked and il2 is allowed through my firewall but what did you mean by port forward???

thefruitbat
01-11-2010, 08:14 AM
I found this site helpfull when i set up port forwarding, See here,

http://portforward.com/

hope this helps,

fruitbat

jamesdeanoo7
01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
tHANKS YES THAT LOOKS A GREAT SITE. mY PROBLEM IS WHEN i CHECK MY FIREWALL IL2FB IS ENABLED AS AN ALLOWED SITE. mY BROTHER CAN HOST A MISSION USING THE MULTIPLAYER OPTION AND i CAN JOIN IN NO PROBLEM BUT....IF i HOST IT HE CANNOT JOIN ME. iTS WEIRD. i WENT TO THE PORT OPTION AND FILLED IN THE GAME NAME AND PORT TO BE ALLOPWED *** 21000 BUT STILL NO GOOD....oH WELL lol

JtD
01-11-2010, 09:15 AM
I had this too and it turned out to be the firewall for whichever reason. I turned it off and people could join my game.

But if you are behind a router it is most likely a router problem.

Fogmaster_
01-12-2010, 03:49 PM
sounds like you are on a LAN with your brother, this is most likely why you are able to connect to his game.

I bet you have a router inbetween your dsl/cable modem. this would be where you forward your ports