PDA

View Full Version : Online play please help

TheScorpKing
02-13-2005, 10:32 AM
I am new to pacific fighters, I have read both the instruction manual as well as the "readme" that it instructed me to look in as well. I cannot find anywhere the command line to have my game to search for all servers out there...so at time cannot see any servers to connect too. Can someone please tell me the command line and where to put it for it to see all servers...there was no multiplayer options in side the hardware setting option as the manual dictates. Thanks.

TheScorpKing
02-13-2005, 10:32 AM
I am new to pacific fighters, I have read both the instruction manual as well as the "readme" that it instructed me to look in as well. I cannot find anywhere the command line to have my game to search for all servers out there...so at time cannot see any servers to connect too. Can someone please tell me the command line and where to put it for it to see all servers...there was no multiplayer options in side the hardware setting option as the manual dictates. Thanks.

Dizz_310th
02-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Go to Hyperlobby and use their 3.8.80 client to join various servers.

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

If you are running PF as standalone, you will be able to connect only to servers configured for standalone. Most servers are set up for the PF and Forgotten Battles merged version. Check the descriptions for each server to see if it matches your install.

Dizz_310th
02-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Forgot to mention, you can join using direct IP address if you have it. I think there is a server listing somewhere on the Ubi site that gives these addresses.

TheScorpKing
02-14-2005, 07:48 AM
First , Thank you very much dizz_310th, I am familiar with the hyperlobby for many years now however I did not see a particular room for PF , so if I understand you correctly there are servers inside of the FB room that host stand alone PF ? If so great , now only one other problem ...when you go to the hyperlobby website and hit downloads or download the client some basic runtime download comes up and no client or no where to dl the client , I can keep trying but is Jiri's hyperlobby site the only place I can get the client? Thanks again for your help.

Dizz_310th
02-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Scorp,
That is correct, there should be a few standalone PF servers in the FB room. As far as the client goes, I simply used the TXSquadron mirror at the bottom of the 3.8.80 announcement on the first page...not the download section. DL as a zip file, unpack and load 'er up! I'll keep an eye out for the PF only servers and post again when I find one for you.

Dizz_310th
02-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Scorp,
You may want to try and link up with some of these pilots...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=2391043372

Troll2k
02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
While there are a couple ofPf standalone servers at HyperLobby most of the standalone servers are at ubi.com.(In the Forgotten Battles section.)

There is no ingame browser for games.(servers).The multiplayer screen is for lan or direct ip.