PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia Projector problem?

Paracyte
08-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I've been running in Win XP x64, and I had to use the same method as Moporoco (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3471054943/m/3411074053) to get this installed. Now, everything seems to be installed correctly, but when I attempt to run MystVDemo.exe, I get this problem that says "Macromedia Projector had encountered a problem and needs to close". Looking at the details of the error, the "appname" is (of course) mystvdemo.exe and the "ModName" is gdi32.dll (maybe it has something to do with that?). And after that, of course, the game just doesn't load up and nothing happens. I also tried installing URU earlier on this same computer (I originally ran it on an older computer) and ran into the exact same problem. So it doesn't seem to be specific to this demo, yet its preventing me from being able to play the game. which is really worrying me because now I don't know how many other games will be effected by this. I did search around the URU forums for some help with this problem, but unfortunatly, I came up empty handed. I really need some help here.

Heres a brief overview of my system specs:
Win XP x64
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
Asus A8n-SLI Premium
GeForce 7800GTX

Thanks for the help, and let me know if theres any other info you might need..

Paracyte
08-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I've been running in Win XP x64, and I had to use the same method as Moporoco (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3471054943/m/3411074053) to get this installed. Now, everything seems to be installed correctly, but when I attempt to run MystVDemo.exe, I get this problem that says "Macromedia Projector had encountered a problem and needs to close". Looking at the details of the error, the "appname" is (of course) mystvdemo.exe and the "ModName" is gdi32.dll (maybe it has something to do with that?). And after that, of course, the game just doesn't load up and nothing happens. I also tried installing URU earlier on this same computer (I originally ran it on an older computer) and ran into the exact same problem. So it doesn't seem to be specific to this demo, yet its preventing me from being able to play the game. which is really worrying me because now I don't know how many other games will be effected by this. I did search around the URU forums for some help with this problem, but unfortunatly, I came up empty handed. I really need some help here.

Heres a brief overview of my system specs:
Win XP x64
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
Asus A8n-SLI Premium
GeForce 7800GTX

Thanks for the help, and let me know if theres any other info you might need..

Mr Zebe D
08-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi, Heimdall. It may be a motherboard / chipset problem. I'm running XP SP2 on an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe nForce 2 mobo and I get a Macromedia Projector error as well.

eoa.exe runs perfectly well though if you create a shortcut to it that bypasses MystVdemo.exe.

Heimdall_G
08-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that early adopters of Win XP x64 are going to have nothing but problems, since the Windows world is still overwhelmingly 32-bit. We won't really be deep into the 64-bit computing environment for probably at least another year or so. I personally don't intend to migrate to a 64-bit OS until something like 80-90% of the programs and apps out there in the bushes have 64-bit versions available!

Be that as it may, what Macromedia products do you have installed? Flash and Shockwave Players? Anything else, especially installed by other programs?

Pending the answers:
-- a. Download DirectX 9.0c, available here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&DisplayLang=en).
-- b. Disable your antivirus software.
-- c. Install or re-install DirectX 9.0c, and reboot.
-- d. Start the demo.

Also, try what MrZBD suggests, that is, reset your Myst V start icon's path to invoke eoa.exe instead of MystVDemo.exe.

Paracyte
08-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Tried eoa.exe and it worked. Thanks for the help, the error is still there of course but at least the demo works http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Edit: I'll try some of those suggestions Heimdall. I have both shockwave and flash installed, both taken directly from the website. And DirectX9.0c has been installed.