PDA

View Full Version : AC Revelations SP Constraint Difficulty- Feedback

Black_Widow9
11-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Hello Assassin's,
Please provide Feedback to the Developers for the following Question only.
There are separate Topics to provide other Feedback so please keep this specific to the Question. If you choose to abuse this Topic further action will be taken.

We need your Feedback before December 13th so please make sure your voice is heard!
Thanks, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
AC Team

Question
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Which was the hardest constraint to get in AC Revelations Single Player?[/list]

Vex_Assassin
11-23-2011, 07:53 PM
For me, any races or timed missions are a pain in the ***, so I would say that's the hardest constraint for me

RzaRecta357
11-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Nothing at all! You guys nailed it this time! I loved it all!

kriegerdesgottes
11-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Vex_Assassin:
For me, any races or timed missions are a pain in the ***, so I would say that's the hardest constraint for me

This ^. I noticed it was better this time but there is still a little of that crap in Revelations. If you're asking what is the most challenging I would say the 100% synch in the secret location in Sequence 3 where you can't be detected or the memory in sequence 6 where you have to protect the harold but tbh I don't think they were bad and I think the 100% synch was handled better this time around.

The one thing that annoyed me the most about this game and Brotherhood as well is when the game desynchs me for not playing stealthily. I know people on here complain about lack of stealth for some reason but forcing the player to not get detected or face desynching totally goes against what makes AC great which is freedom to play the way the player wants to play. That is what Patrice loved most about the first game was that the player was the actor who played the way they wanted to play, not to force the character not to get caught or be desynched. I absolutely hate that about this game and Brotherhood. That is my one big complaint about this game and Brotherhood.

zhengyingli
11-23-2011, 10:46 PM
I really think that desynchronization should only be applied to death. If desyncing by detection is to be kept, it should only be used in context such as a hostage situation (Baron de Valois in Brotherhood, for example, is a detection desync I didn't mind), or other appropriate situations. The mechanic simply desyncing player via detection just for the sake of not being stealthy is becoming archaic.

To add more on this subject, I would like to suggest ya'll to brainstorm what can be done with the enemies, such as boosting their difficulty in some respects during certain scenarios. If the player wants to slog through these tough enemies, let him. If he decides midway that charging into a potential arrow storm was a bad idea, he can make the Assassin to pull a disappearing act in order to hide again, but at the very least, he won't be desynchronized for experimenting.

fossa1991
11-23-2011, 11:14 PM
I hated the loose no life 100% ones jump at the end of the mission from just a little to high and everything is ruined for the 6th time.Sometimes some guards even came and instantly took a swing at me o_O it's like WTF so frustrating

monarcasmoreli
11-24-2011, 12:03 AM
I say to keep the 100% challage thing. I love gaves me a rasaon to play the way I want then gives it replay value to play it again the way ezio did it. Just to people who don't like it. There just be a in game menu option that enable that 100% to be in the game or not

eagleforlife1
11-24-2011, 01:24 AM
When tailing a target there is no cover system so as soon as they turn around they notice you if there is no bench or haystack, or something similar nearby.

SolidSage
11-24-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by 'constraint'.

Too many button presses to purchase things like ammo and medicine for example. This causes general slow down between open world exploration and menu interfacing. It is a mandatory alteration to the pace of play, after story completion especially.

dxsxhxcx
11-24-2011, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by zhengyingli:
I really think that desynchronization should only be applied to death. If desyncing by detection is to be kept, it should only be used in context such as a hostage situation (Baron de Valois in Brotherhood, for example, is a detection desync I didn't mind), or other appropriate situations. The mechanic simply desyncing player via detection just for the sake of not being stealthy is becoming archaic.

please Ubisoft, listen to him/her...

Cpt_Yanni
11-24-2011, 04:49 AM
I don't like the fact that you sometimes have to play certain missions in a time. (Like the Hagia Sophia in 6 minutes...) It puts such a rush that I can't enjoy the gorgeous interior (or scenery) of the building/surroundings.

IIwangcarsII
11-24-2011, 04:58 AM
I don't like how I am forced to constantly go to a freaking den to save it every time I take over another den, and then once ive saved that den, another bloody den needs saving! The den defense is a nice concept but it is too frequent and makes the game unplayable for me! Please change this to not as frequent.

eagleforlife1
11-24-2011, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
I don't like how I am forced to constantly go to a freaking den to save it every time I take over another den, and then once ive saved that den, another bloody den needs saving! The den defense is a nice concept but it is too frequent and makes the game unplayable for me! Please change this to not as frequent.

I agree.

blazefp
11-24-2011, 06:44 AM
I really hate the translations you made. They're full of errors, even in trophies. I would like the game to FULLY in English or at least have an option for it. No crappy Portuguese, all of that was google translated, you got words such as "treinamento" (supposedly training) that don't exist! It's "treino"! And we don't say "sacar dinheiro do banco" (supposedly "take/get money from the bank") that means stealing money from the bank. The verb you're looking for is "tirar" or "levantar". And there are countless of other mistakes like these, both in singleplayer and multiplayer.

ProdiGurl
11-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Hardest constraints for me are always races or timed actions.
But I have to say, they were more reasonable in ACR than ACB - some of those were so hard for me, I didn't even try to sync a few and completely stayed away or aborted any side missions w/ racing).

ACR has been a total Joy.
Maybe for others who find that stuff easy, there's some way to make it more challenging for them yet help us out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I also had a horrible time escaping all the Janissaries at the end of the Tarik mission. wow.
Escaping is usually really tough for me.

>> If you're asking what is the most challenging I would say.... .
the memory in sequence 6 where you have to protect the harold but tbh I don't think they were bad and I think the 100% synch was handled better this time around. <<
Agree - syncs were wonderful in this one. I need to be challenged not crucified lol

Yes, Protecting that Herald took me at least 12 tries till the lightbulb went off & I switched to my Dagger. FUN mission!

ProdiGurl
11-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Den Defense is good - a very realistic concept, it was very hard for me and I don't fully grasp how to do it correctly.
I could never place my people in time before the wave of enemies would come in. I kept getting a red box that blocked me from putting them on the rooftops where I wanted them,
so by the time the enemies came, I had like 3 rifelemen & an air Assassin or 2 and it wasn't near enough and it all went downhill from there.

The Brilliance of Den Defense imo, is if you do fail (which I did 3 times) you get to do my favorite part & Kill the Captain & torch the tower again to take it back. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
That's the upside to losing DD.

Also, that you can do things to avoid alot of DD (if you're bad at it or it's not your favorite thing) by keeping a lower profile and working hard to level your Master Assassins up to 15 to lock the den.

Very good planning.

dxsxhxcx
11-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
I really hate the translations you made. They're full of errors, even in trophies. I would like the game to FULLY in English or at least have an option for it. No crappy Portuguese, all of that was google translated, you got words such as "treinamento" (supposedly training) that don't exist! It's "treino"! And we don't say "sacar dinheiro do banco" (supposedly "take/get money from the bank") that means stealing money from the bank. The verb you're looking for is "tirar" or "levantar". And there are countless of other mistakes like these, both in singleplayer and multiplayer.

Do you speak portuguese from Portugal?!

I heard ACR is suppose to have subtitles in (brazilian) portuguese (my language), judging by the words you mentioned it seems that's the case, it's not wrong or poorly translated, it isn't in your language (assuming you're from Portugal)...

bestoftheturks
11-24-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm from Portugal too and I second the trophies thing. Really annoying. Brotherhood had it completely right, so what the Hell happened with this one? It's Portuguese from Portugal, not Brazilian Portuguese, here. I had to go search for a trophy list in English so I could understand what exactly it was that they wanted, because even though both languages have "Portuguese" in the name, they are actually extremely different.

But, well, wasn't even going to mention that if I hadn't seen it mentioned earlier.

Den Defense I agree on, though there are ways to avoid them a LOT, so I think people just need to figure them out. Desmond missions were terrible and I hated all the First Person thing. And yes, timed missions, really don't like them.

Also, some guards were way too strong or took way too much life away, I was a bit taken aback by it, at first.

S-EVANS
11-24-2011, 09:52 AM
The fact if im spotted i fail the mission i find truly restrictive and annoying beyond belief...

in fact im not a fan of secondary objectives it distracts from player freedom, my right to choose how to achieve a win. im now confined to what is allowed due to trying to meet secondary demands, better the old way more freedom.

alientraveller
11-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Definitely sequence 7, memory 4, "Decomissioned", I'm finding it utterly ridiculous. Is there no way to go about the structure without fighting anyone?

SwiftAura2011
11-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
I don't like the fact that you sometimes have to play certain missions in a time. (Like the Hagia Sophia in 6 minutes...) It puts such a rush that I can't enjoy the gorgeous interior (or scenery) of the building/surroundings.

I entirely agree with this posters' comment and would add that I think "timed" missions should be left entirely in side mission quests such as Guild or secondary memories. Although the only time I don't mind timed mission (even though I don't find them at all useful in moving the story along), is when it's a race challenge from a thief.)
Personally, if it doesn't add to the story line I would get rid of the race sequences altoghether, since I think they're rather useless anyways and just make an enjoyable game/storyline frustrating in the extreme, while also interupting the flow of the main story.

As a replacement a good addition would be more personal memory missions like the Sophia memories and the Claudia memories from Brotherhood. I find those missions a helluva lot more enjoyable and hugely interesting while also giving Ezio a life outside of constant death, spying and struggle.

Ultimately the entire Assassins Creed series has become this huge epic story, so think like a story teller, not a gamer when designing future storylines. Missions for the sake of adding more content no longer makes sense for this series, because due to its' 'epicness' story-wise, readers and people who love history will be looking for awesomely playable story content, not side mission races to fill in the gaps in the game.
Think of it like waiting for a great movie to come out only to find that the entire story sucked and leaving the theatre feeling ripped off for spending time and money in anticipation of something great, when in reality it was more hype than content with lots of great visuals and a crap story.

raven11d
11-24-2011, 10:23 AM
please please don't get rid of the 100% sync and the timed missions as others sugested .. why?

- the 100% sync gives an extra challenge to the ppl who want an extra challenge, for the ppl that don't like it, simple .. don't do them. they are not mandatory
- same for the timed missions, they were to easy in ACR. i had more then a minute to spare on a misssion that allowed 6 minutes for full sync. in ACB you barely had enough time and that's how it should be ( for the 100% sync anyway ). if the timed missions don't allow you to appreciate the scenery .. just play it again at slow pace, that's what i did. AC is such a fantastic game bc you can explore 3 dimensional, what greater thing to explore this during some kind of race were you need skills to get from point A to B in time, using his hookblade to do the long jumps, doing the leap of faith to get to the ground in no time and so on

my biggest constraint was the den defends : great idea .. bad execution. the cursor didn't allow to put ppl where you want them, there's no real strategy involved, just put a bunch of assassins and hope for the best and to beat the machines was just luck and aiming your cannon onto it from the second it came in view. no idea on what kind of assassins to use against a certain type of enemy and so on

another thing that bothered me was that there were a lot less - or in some cases none - side missions such as assassinations, thieves missions, roma ( courtisane ) missions, mercenary missions, truth puzzles, platform puzzles, etc ..

also the data fragments were lame. they were just scattered around randomly. in ACB at least the flags ( well some of them anyway ) were put on a challenging spot

Scottgun00
11-24-2011, 10:25 AM
The mechanic simply desyncing player via detection just for the sake of not being stealthy is becoming archaic.

^^

This. Take a cue from the old Tenchu series. You could still complete the mission, just wouldn't get grand master. So by all means, make non-detection required for 100% sync, just don't de-sync us for it.

raven11d
11-24-2011, 10:33 AM
and as for the "don't get spotted" 100% sync .. well it's an assassins game. no assassin would just burst in and fight dozens of soldiers. 1 of the bigeest plusses of this game is trying to find a stealthy way to kill your target .. more of those missions please. don't desync for it, but keep it in the 100% sync and make the soldiers harder to fight. fighting 4 or 5 soldiers and come out alive .. can happen. fighting a few dozen soldiers and still no scratch .. means the soldiers are way to easy to beat

cless711
11-24-2011, 11:04 AM
The only constraint that i really had trouble with was the master assassination mission where that herald could not get any damage. I failed that about 15 times before i get 100 sync on that.

kriegerdesgottes
11-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:

Totally agree.

blazefp
11-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Do you speak portuguese from Portugal?!

I heard ACR is suppose to have subtitles in (brazilian) portuguese (my language), judging by the words you mentioned it seems that's the case, it's not wrong or poorly translated, it isn't in your language (assuming you're from Portugal)...

What bestofturks said. It's really poorly translated. "treinamento" for instance would be "trainingly" in English. It's actually worse than google translation in some cases.

SupremeCaptain
11-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I absolutely hate 100%. After all the complaints of it in Brotherhood, I'm surprised you had it in Revelations.

No wait, you put it in Revelations to extend game time. Lol.

joaomuas
11-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:

Hey there! I'm portuguese too! It's really cool to find other portuguese AC fans here! That also happened to me in Brotherhood. "Lāmina oculta" doesn't sound anywhere near as epic as "Hidden blade". Just change your PS3/360 language and it'll be done! Don't know if this works after installing the game though, as I did it just before starting the game.

blazefp
11-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by joaomuas11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

Hey there! I'm portuguese too! It's really cool to find other portuguese AC fans here! That also happened to me in Brotherhood. "Lāmina oculta" doesn't sound anywhere near as epic as "Hidden blade". Just change your PS3/360 language and it'll be done! Don't know if this works after installing the game though, as I did it just before starting the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh cool thx for the tip. I completely get'ya on that thing of "lāmina oculta", portuguese wasn't built to sound epic I suppose xD

lukaszep
11-24-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't know if this is comes under what the question is asking, but free roam can be annoying sometimes. As in, having fun running through the city, seeing loads of buildings ahead, then getting to the city walls and realizing most of the buildings are behind the wall and inaccessible. Also, no Masyaf free roam makes me sad.
I also agree with the 100% sync parts. Having to do an aerial kill to get full sync, in my opinion is a bit contradictory of the whole play it your own way attraction of Assassins Creed. The same as the "Do not kill any one" syncs. What if we get detected and quickly need to take out a guard with a throwing knife?
Other than that i think the game is the best so far http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriegerdesgottes
11-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Scottgun00:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The mechanic simply desyncing player via detection just for the sake of not being stealthy is becoming archaic.

^^

This. Take a cue from the old Tenchu series. You could still complete the mission, just wouldn't get grand master. So by all means, make non-detection required for 100% sync, just don't de-sync us for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I would actually be ok with that. I'm not totally against 100% synch even though I'm not a huge fan. But desynching people for not playing the way the game wants you to is ridiculous and annoying. And like someone else said, I could even see if someone was being held hostage or whatever even though that too, is annoying but to desynch someone simply because they were caught by a guard is infuriating and annoying.

bestoftheturks
11-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by joaomuas11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

Hey there! I'm portuguese too! It's really cool to find other portuguese AC fans here! That also happened to me in Brotherhood. "Lāmina oculta" doesn't sound anywhere near as epic as "Hidden blade". Just change your PS3/360 language and it'll be done! Don't know if this works after installing the game though, as I did it just before starting the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Lāmina Oculta" might not sound as "epic" as "Hidden Blade" does but at least it is correctly translated. "Lāmina Escondida" would, too, but that would sound even less epic. Brotherhood had it right.

Now AC:R's trophies are all wrong. It's not a matter of "epicness", it's a matter of it not being translated correctly at all. As blazefp put it, even google translate could have done it better-- And that's saying a lot.

As for the language, my PS3 is in Portuguese, and the mistakes are all there. I guess I could have switched it to English before playing, but I was expecting the quality to be the same as Brotherhood's-- I was wrong.

-- At least all the in-game menus are in English though, Brotherhood was half in English half in Portuguese for me, which was just downright confusing: It's hard to pay attention at the two languages at exactly the same time, trying to listen to dialogues in English while reading controls in Portuguese.

But well-- Trying to stay in topic here, you guys really should give it a look, Ubi, because, clearly, you have tons of Portuguese fans here (very nice to see you all too, brothers! *chuckles*).

blazefp
11-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by bestoftheturks:
"Lāmina Oculta" might not sound as "epic" as "Hidden Blade" does but at least it is correctly translated. "Lāmina Escondida" would, too, but that would sound even less epic. Brotherhood had it right.

Now AC:R's trophies are all wrong. It's not a matter of "epicness", it's a matter of it not being translated correctly at all. As blazefp put it, even google translate could have done it better-- And that's saying a lot.

As for the language, my PS3 is in Portuguese, and the mistakes are all there. I guess I could have switched it to English before playing, but I was expecting the quality to be the same as Brotherhood's-- I was wrong.

-- At least all the in-game menus are in English though, Brotherhood was half in English half in Portuguese for me, which was just downright confusing: It's hard to pay attention at the two languages at exactly the same time, trying to listen to dialogues in English while reading controls in Portuguese.

But well-- Trying to stay in topic here, you guys really should give it a look, Ubi, because, clearly, you have tons of Portuguese fans here (very nice to see you all too, brothers! *chuckles*).

Couldn't agree more

Areison
11-24-2011, 05:28 PM
The Den Defence is my only constraint. It's so tedious/annoying running between dens and defending them. I'm not fond of this feature. It's difficult to enjoy the game with it.

Other than that, I love the game. It's fantastic. I'm looking forward to more AC games.

ProdiGurl
11-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Actually, telling Ubi in this thread to get their language issue corrected is off topic and not what they're requesting at all.
There's a general feedback thread for that type of issue.

blazefp
11-25-2011, 07:17 AM
I brought it up, sorry.

Nightmare8767
11-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by bestoftheturks:
I'm from Portugal too and I second the trophies thing. Really annoying. Brotherhood had it completely right, so what the Hell happened with this one? It's Portuguese from Portugal, not Brazilian Portuguese, here. I had to go search for a trophy list in English so I could understand what exactly it was that they wanted, because even though both languages have "Portuguese" in the name, they are actually extremely different.

But, well, wasn't even going to mention that if I hadn't seen it mentioned earlier.

Den Defense I agree on, though there are ways to avoid them a LOT, so I think people just need to figure them out. Desmond missions were terrible and I hated all the First Person thing. And yes, timed missions, really don't like them.

Also, some guards were way too strong or took way too much life away, I was a bit taken aback by it, at first.

Quick note: If you change the Language of the console to English, Trophies will be in English too.

On the matter: I believe I had two main issues: Ezio, when swimming, can't grab to a lower wood structure with guards on it -- he climbs, thus making Ledge assassination almost impossible on those situations (unless the enmy doesn't move and is really near the edge).

The other one affects maninly climbing locations, such as Hagha Sofia (the actual Tomb I mean). Sometimes you have to jump from a ledge to a stick on the same direction, and there's a message telling you to press High profile + Jump + Stick. Well, if you do that, the stick immediately will make you change the direction due to a camera angle change, meaning you only need to press High prfile + Jump, saving a few troubles for people (I didn't try it until the 5th time).

UrDeviant1
11-25-2011, 09:27 AM
There are no constraints, all AC games are fairly easy. I agree with the time limit to reach 100% sync In the tombs ect but only because you don't get a chance to take In the beauty of the places you designed. Well, unless I go and replay that memory of course.

uk-peeps
11-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:

I am in absolute agreement with you. I really don't mind failing missions as they can be synched at 100% with practice, but defending dens is ruining the game play for me, surely when your assassins reach a level they should keep control of all dens, it is becoming boring, when most of the ac games can be visually brilliant!!!

crash3
11-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by zhengyingli:

To add more on this subject, I would like to suggest ya'll to brainstorm what can be done with the enemies, such as boosting their difficulty in some respects during certain scenarios. If the player wants to slog through these tough enemies, let him. If he decides midway that charging into a potential arrow storm was a bad idea, he can make the Assassin to pull a disappearing act in order to hide again, but at the very least, he won't be desynchronized for experimenting.

I totally agree, there should be other consequences for being detected, like compromising the brotherhood or something

I think its annoying when we are told not to be detected and the mini-map glows red half way through the killing of a single guard-that needs fixing

Also I believ timed missions make you rush things too much and you dont get to take in your surroundings

Serrachio
11-25-2011, 08:00 PM
I felt that Den Defense, for a mechanic that could be triggered quite easily in a short period, ramped up the difficulty quite suddenly.

Another thing was that you could not disarm the Ottoman Janissaries of their guns, and that most of the time, they would back away and continue shooting at you.

Honestly, I do not hate race missions. Race missions give the player some variety to their side missions, and that they should not all be too easy. People that complain about race missions just don't like to put the effort in to better their free-running.

To back up what some people say about the desyncronisation regarding stealth memories, it would be a more appreciated concept if it made you immediately Notorious so that you cannot protect your dens by being detected in the mission, as well as barring the way for an easier route through the mission.

What I liked about AC1 was that even if you weren't stealthy, there was still a way to complete a mission, only that it would be a lot harder for you to do so.

raven11d
11-26-2011, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:

To back up what some people say about the desyncronisation regarding stealth memories, it would be a more appreciated concept if it made you immediately Notorious so that you cannot protect your dens by being detected in the mission, as well as barring the way for an easier route through the mission.

What I liked about AC1 was that even if you weren't stealthy, there was still a way to complete a mission, only that it would be a lot harder for you to do so.

for 90% of the missions that is still true. there are only a handfull of missions that desync when you get caught in a red area. most missions with a red area - and by far not all missions have such an area - continue even if you get caught. for example *** SPOILER *** when you go retrieve Sofia's map on the boat. the harbor is a red area and you either have to sneak around the guards or you just rush in and kill them all *** END SPOILER ***

the times that you do get desynced for being caught is more bc the story of that mission requires it. for example ***SPOILER *** when you need to go to Topkapi and speak to Suleiman. would be totally unfitting to first slay a few dozen of his guards and then, after the carnage, just have a nice chat with him drinking az cup of tea O_o *** END SPOILER ***

ProdiGurl
11-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Very good points Raven.

I do think some desync is fair when it involves the reality of the story/situation as you mention - and I also agree that a high awareness penalty is a good option to failing sync in others.

& I much prefer being desynch'd than getting the dreaded red "FAIL" and having to restart the memory from scratch. So sometimes it helps to get a desync imo.

Boffsta
11-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Posted Thu November 24 2011 03:58 Hide Post

I only had to do 4 den defenses the whole game! All you had to do was keep reducing your awareness meter to stop it filling up. I liked this aspect of play as it required the player to think about their actions and use their brain, and after completeing the master assassin missions there are no more base defenses anyway.

I would have prefered to have more sidequests and callenges and more puzzles. For me the game finished too quick, I had 98% sync in 3 days and now there are just a few things for me to do - the hardest challenges were the ones where you cannot get into open conflict - like the one where you have to find the guys in the market area which is surrounded by guards who atart a conflict as soon as they see you!

zhengyingli
11-26-2011, 04:05 PM
To add to the desynchronization issue, killing a bunch of Suleiman's guards and talking to him ever so innocently afterwards does seem quite odd. This kind of situation is very reminiscent of Link breaking into Zelda's palace in Ocarina of Time where getting kicked out of the castle worked for that situation because Link was easily overpowered by the guards.

On the one hand, I don't like pure desyncing. On the other, even with that particular context, desyncing feels a bit out of place. If the game locks Ezio's assassination abilities because of this context, I would be more than happy to be thrown in jail (in-game, of course), or getting kicked out Zelda-style.

To further my point, I have just replayed AC1 via the free copy that came with Revelations. When I screwed up an interrogation for some unknown reason, I only needed to get out of the area to "reinitialize" the mission, which is faster without the load screen. Now, quibbles with desyncing aside, doesn't it break the AC fiction if it's so much easier to desync with "Baby" than with Abstergo's Animus, in which the former is supposed to be the more superior one (Animus 2.03)? I think this question is what Ubisoft Montreal needs to tackle.

vanbroot
11-26-2011, 06:51 PM
The only constraint is how short the games was.

GunnarGunderson
11-27-2011, 09:33 AM
probably the "do not kill anyone with bladed weapons" constraint. It wasn't hard, it was just annoying. I should be able to play how I want and still get 100%

RSBigB
11-27-2011, 06:20 PM
one thing i've noticed with all games in the series is when your attacking a big group, usually my timed counter attacks are spot on, though with Revelations i noticed that when going to strike one guard, another guard from behind would be attacking me and i cant stop my movement to defend myself - this goes with missions that you cant lose any life to 100% sync the mission, became a real annoyance, also there seemed to be far too many loading screens, another problem i found, even though it actually felt bigger compared to AC2 and Brotherhood ... the story felt quite short, i loved sequences 8 and 9 but they both felt really short and rushed to get to the end. though Revelations seems to have been spot on this time round, very few glitches and a lot smoother game play, also graphically beautiful!!

CobbsCrkShaman
11-27-2011, 07:19 PM
I've found Den Defense to be quite annoying. I managed to keep it at sway for a while, but there have been times where my "notorious" level was totally empty and the Den Defense icon pops up. This in tern made me want to fly through missions faster. The first half of the game sucked honestly & it didn't get better til' after sequence 3 into 4. I don't know if this is a glitch, but what is the point of keeping your notorious level down when it kicks on anyway. I've found the keeping your target in plain sight or the 25 second countdown to be quite annoying as well. If I'm right above my target and they walk under a walkway or building why a countdown? There are bugs here & there with controls and looking for the guard leader(there have been times where the target has jumped from one to the other) has been a spot problem. I'm sure you can fix these bugs on updates. I do agree that the story is very short as well. I flew through it fairly quickly sans a few missions. DLC It would be nice if you added some extra story, perhaps open up something more with Desmond.

Ultim4teSurviv4
11-27-2011, 11:34 PM
I would also have to say the missions that involved beating the clock as it doesn't give you enough time to explore the secret locations

SwiftAura2011
11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by CobbsCrkShaman:
I've found Den Defense to be quite annoying. I managed to keep it at sway for a while, but there have been times where my "notorious" level was totally empty and the Den Defense icon pops up. This in tern made me want to fly through missions faster. The first half of the game sucked honestly & it didn't get better til' after sequence 3 into 4. I don't know if this is a glitch, but what is the point of keeping your notorious level down when it kicks on anyway. I've found the keeping your target in plain sight or the 25 second countdown to be quite annoying as well. If I'm right above my target and they walk under a walkway or building why a countdown? There are bugs here & there with controls and looking for the guard leader(there have been times where the target has jumped from one to the other) has been a spot problem. I'm sure you can fix these bugs on updates. I do agree that the story is very short as well. I flew through it fairly quickly sans a few missions. DLC It would be nice if you added some extra story, perhaps open up something more with Desmond.

I agree with everything you've said here and believe I said a bit myself earlier, but have more to add. I really, really, really, hate the Den Defense metagame! *spoiler warning*
If I hadn't purchased the collector's edition book, I would never have known about this IMO HUGE GLITCH, but in order to get 100% sych you MUST successfully complete 3 Den Defense missions, which will become impossible if you have all 7 Master Assassin missions completed. How do I know this? I went back to a memory I already completed and all Dens but one are locked...once locked they cannot be targeted, so if you do the Master Assassin missions first and try to go back later to get full synch, this is one thing you cannot undo. Once you lock the dens, they are locked PERMANENTLY!

So to repeat, the entire Den Defense game royally sux...especially when you've spent all your time leveling up your Assassins only to get wiped out by that stupid ram at the end...and I have to do that 3 times for full synch? I've seen comments that others have done it many times, but trust me, if you're deliberately trying to trigger this metagame it actually takes forever and if you don't abort the memory prior to the cutscene showing you failed to defend the den, you will have to do it all over again! What a waste of time!

luckyto
11-28-2011, 09:45 AM
I would say that Revelations was very well-balanced. I really have no issues at all with mission difficulty. It was just right. I had to redo a few sequences, but a game should make you redo a few missions. Brotherhood had a lot of problems and too often the mission area was too small. It was downright frustrating at times. I think they really did a great job this time around and much praise to them for listening to fans -

SamuelCaruana
11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
i think this game was quite easy and didn't have as many side missions as i would have liked .. making it a bit more difficult and adding more things to make the game a bit more interesting and enjoyable would be better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SteelCity999
11-28-2011, 02:31 PM
I think there is a big difference in being too hard of a constraint and people not liking the mechanic or mission. None of the missions, den defense or anything have too hard of constraints and the few things that are problems are bugs I believe. The time frames to complete everything are quite a bit more fair than Brotherhood's Romulus dens that had very little room for error - althought the first time up Galata Tower is fairly close. The constraints were better than Brotherhood though so there was an improvement in that regard.

WegaZAC
11-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Desynchronization in stealth mission. It's nothing new, but... if we could to fight off all the guards who would be stupid enough to attack us - that would be perfect. Just like in AC 1.

And 23 minutes of credits. We cannot skip it. What-the...?

Fisher9001
11-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah, as all have said - desync because of detection. It's annyoing, because there is no real reason to punish players because one of guard have seen them for ~2 sec and even couldn't scream if Ezio would jump on him with blade.

After such detection make mission harder, send additional, more powerful guards - as in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, but don't restart it.

THe__NoMaD
11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I like the constraints on missions. None of the missions took more than a couple of attempts. The only thing I wish for is by doing missions 100% sync it unlocks hidden memories or extras.

ElDoucherino
11-29-2011, 03:49 PM
I am not as angry with the 100% aspect of the mission, but it would've been nice if the full synch is to specified. Instead of saying "kill him from that specific haystack" you could say "kill him and stay unnoticed".

And i read briefly through the rests complaints and what i find is almost every one ranting about the timed mission. Do not cut these out cuz I don't want another repetitive game like ACI again. The mixed mission structure is what you should am I.

What i would like to see is if in the future you decide to do a fall/ride/drag mission that there be more movement. Thinking about the falling memory where you kill Ahmet, It would've been nice if you first had to get a hold of him and then fight him.

ace3001
11-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Only thing I'm still having trouble with is that "Don't create any conflict in the district" thing in the very first Den Attack mission. I still don't understand what that means... /facepalm

cmdr177Vimes
11-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Den defence is a steaming heap.
Not enough real quests / tombs.
Not a large enough map / enough locations.
Does anyone give a ! about any of the actual assassination targets?
Bombs? Really?

EzioAssassin51
12-01-2011, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by cmdr177Vimes:
Bombs? Really?

Stop hating on ACR, it's clear this is the only reason you made your account. Plus, this doesn't belong here. Everyone agrees there weren't enough side missions and are you serious? The map is massive with tons of locations and even a second city (Cappadoccia) when you've finished the game. And yes, me, along with many others I've read and heard, find this game a lot more meaningful with assassination targets than ACB. And what's so bad about the bombs?

But in regards to the topic, I don't mind the timed missions, since they're a lot easier this time around (finished some with a whole minute left after making like three mistakes along the way) and the only ones I find difficult are the 'don't take damage' and obviously, expecially the herald mission.

But the most disappointing 100% was the 'Setting Sail' one for me. Not kill anyone with blades? Aww, that was so disappointing, it would have been so fun to slay through the guards with a blade, like in the demo! That's the only one I'm disappointed for...

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Only thing I'm still having trouble with is that "Don't create any conflict in the district" thing in the very first Den Attack mission. I still don't understand what that means... /facepalm

Ya I just did that one again on my 2nd run yesterday, it confused me and I ended up just taking the 50% sync & moving along.
Fun mission but the minute you kill anybody it's pretty much failed.
?

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Bombs? Really?

There's tons to do in this game, I'm busy for days doing all these missions, quests, & side stuff including the faction & bomb skill challenges from the chalkboards -
The map is HUGE ... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Bombs are one of the great new features. Excellent way to have you strategize your missions using them & making it easier on yourself.

The only thing I'd do is tweak the volume of bomb types to just one in each category & give us other stuff in the scattered chests around the cities instead of mostly bomb ingredients.

PhiIs1618033
12-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:

Ya I just did that one again on my 2nd run yesterday, it confused me and I ended up just taking the 50% sync & moving along.
Fun mission but the minute you kill anybody it's pretty much failed.
? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://thehiddenblade.com/attack-variety-pack
Identify the captain early, use crossbow and you're good. You can also use the 'easy way' described in the video, although you'll have to sneak around to get up the tower.

"Not creating any conflict" means that you mustn't be exposed.

ProdiGurl
12-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I couldn't afford the crossbow at this point in the game, but thanks for sharing your info = it clears up what the sync means
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ace3001
12-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the info. Will sure take a look at that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TheLoser_KiRa
12-02-2011, 10:10 AM
what is bind key of this game?

Zrvan
12-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I cannot decide. It's a dead heat in between two things:

1. Unclear constraints. I detest having to play a mission three times to find out what the full synq fail is.

2. Races. These are patently unfair to players, who spend most of their times fast travelling, plotting their courses as-the-crow-flies or just plain not using the rooftops, as travelling the streets results in less notoriety gain.

RichardHaro
12-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Which was the hardest constraint to get in AC Revelations Single Player?
That doesn't make any grammatical sense. I'll take the question as "What did you think was hardest or unfairly constraining in ACR?"

And the answer is nothing. It was in fact, way too easy. The default grunt should be as hard to kill as a Janissary. It should never be easier to kill all your opponents in open combat than it is to run away from them in Assassin's Creed.

Also, bombs were too overpowered, as is giving the player access to so much pouch space for medicine, arrows, bombs etc.

Not challenging. Please add easy/medium/hard/ASSASSIN difficulty options for people who want some challenge - people who want MORE constraints.

In terms of story missions, they were all fairly straight forward and simple to understand.

Razrback16
12-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Probably timed missions as others have mentioned -- also I would like to see you increase the number of units at which you can follow a target or person you are trailing. Right now it's somewhere around 50 units. Would like to see it closer to 70-80 before desynch.

benbabins
12-03-2011, 03:47 AM
The hardest constraint was the Den Defense.
They really were not fun and just tedious.

I like the idea of "losing something" when you become notorious as opposed to brotherhood where nothing else really happens, but the Den defenses were MUCH too often.

The other thing that people previously mentioned were the Desynchronization for just being detected, the player should have to escape the area to try again at a later time (5 mins or so) but to desync is terrible to deal with.

For example, in "Bearer of Mixed Tidings" Sequence 6, I tried probably 25 times to complete that. It was the only mission in the game i needed help with. De-sync upon detection is a TERRIBLE constraint that prohibits FUN.

crash3
12-03-2011, 04:32 AM
I think being given six minutes to explore a massive tomb is a pointless constraint, a better constraint would have been not to lose any health or somehting so you are more careful and take your time, it would be a better experience of the mission.

Also being desynched for being detected I feel is only there because Ubisoft knows we could just destroy all guards in our way. The incentive not to be detected should be being killed which would then cause desynchronistaion, but the problem is, I havent died once since playing an Ezio AC game, combat is really easy so the incentive to be stealthy disappears.

If guards' AI and combat skills were improved, there wouldnt be any need to impose a detection constraint

dxsxhxcx
12-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by RichardHaro:
Not challenging. Please add easy/medium/hard/ASSASSIN difficulty options for people who want some challenge - people who want MORE constraints.

Assassin = Easy
Master Assassin = Normal
Mentor = Hard

:P

PhiIs1618033
12-03-2011, 05:39 AM
To anyone complaining about the timed tombs, are you serious?
Because I took my time in Galata tower and I still easily obtained the full synchronization on my first try.

dvdjonny
12-03-2011, 09:32 AM
it was annoying whenever i had to open the map and set marker to a location because the map loaded for 2 to 3 seconds.. i open the map often to mark places.. so this was kinda annoying .. not only the map but also for bomb crafting and assassin missions

ProdiGurl
12-03-2011, 10:16 AM
I think being given six minutes to explore a massive tomb is a pointless constraint, a better constraint would have been not to lose any health or somehting so you are more careful and take your time, it would be a better experience of the mission.

I just finished that one and six minutes is plenty imo (and I'm not very good at racing/timed events at all) -
Is there anything to explore? I think it's like an Indiana Jones type of mission and I think that was the whole point of it.
It's one timed event I had fun on - I'm no fan of timing on anything or the constant obstacles.

Imo, if you want to explore some things, you have to skip the sync & then wander around - restart the mission when you're done to sync it.

EastCoastHandle
12-03-2011, 10:39 AM
You need to reduce the damage resistance to the siege tank in den defense.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1067519/m/5781078669 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/5781078669)

Shadow_Dancer
12-03-2011, 04:24 PM
1)I found the sensitivity of the guards to be WAY too high. They come after you for any little thing. It's very frustrating when all you wanted to do was collect an item and you have one guard chasing after you after a 2 second warning then it escalates into a whole group of them!!! This is even worse when you return to a Den that's under attack and suddenly the guards surrounding it immediately recognise you.

2)For an Assassin, Ezio sure is limited in his ability to conceal and sneak around. The AC games have always had this problem. The game needs to be more flexible in how the Assassin moves and sneaks around in the world. Hope this is fixed in the next game.

3)Really hated the Desmond Journey crap. Who's stupid idea was it?

4) Tower Defence sucked. Had potential but became frustrating.

..So far little disappointed in Revelations. Alittle more focus on the "Assassin" element next time around and not adding silly gimmicks from other games.

PaiSand
12-03-2011, 09:39 PM
The worst thing I saw and still suffer are the inexcusable malformed camera positions which force you to play the game with a controller, and that sucks because I can't use one, I only use mouse and keyboard.
Stop making those ugly camera positions, or let us move the camera so we can do a simple long jump without problem.
Tower Defence is pure crap.

Microgradient
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by PaiSand:
The worst thing I saw and still suffer are the inexcusable malformed camera positions which force you to play the game with a controller, and that sucks because I can't use one, I only use mouse and keyboard.
Stop making those ugly camera positions, or let us move the camera so we can do a simple long jump without problem.
Tower Defence is pure crap.
Yes, agree. And I cannot understand, how a recruit-assassin can kill an elite ottoman (those with masks) in a single jump by hidden blade, while the mentor with 20+ years of experience cannot? He must fight and defend a bit, but a recruit kills immediately. It is ridiculous.

JohnScorpion27
12-04-2011, 09:45 AM
I would say Den Defense. I'm sure that it isn't that difficult once you find a tactic to destroy that greek-fire canon in the end, but it's still fun to play it because it's challenging.

Keep it up

dbuzzyb
12-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Question
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Which was the hardest constraint to get in AC Revelations Single Player?[/list][/QUOTE]

the game is amazing but i had a some issues:

real problems with lack of instruction-Den Defense being th worst-i spent every den challenge bewildered & not knowing what i was doing plus things like th 1st Sophia book mission-there was no explanation that you had to climb the tower & at the top that you had to identify your target with Eagle vision before you could move-i restarted th game 3 times b4 googling it 2 find the answer!

I hate the timed missions,

dont like the extra memories being required for 100% synch and think it unfair that the multiplayer is required, for 100%. Mayb you could change this into a seperate award.

the lack of guards-have to wander round for ages before gathering enough for the 5x kill streak

really annoying that you cant dye clothes with master assassins armour-pretty trivial u might think but this is 1 of th most enjoyabl aspects of th game for me

Apart from th aboove issues for me ACR is th best so far-i absolutly LOVE th hookblade,ziplines & the bombs!!! amazing & so funny watching their effects-th fighting is bigger & better & th slo-mo end kill..so satisfying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
hop th story carries on its too good not to

ProdiGurl
12-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Just thought I'd pop in to mention "The Champion Part 2" - making sure the Herald isn't damaged . . I'm literally on try #15 right now
How I did this in my first gameplay is a mystery to me now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
I'm using throwing knives & the dagger and one of these idiots always manages to weasel in there & get to him. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

@ dbuzz I agree, this game is amazing! Outside of my FEW problems w/ a couple missions that are above my pay grade, I'm having a blast & agree with the add-ons you mention. I never thought I'd like the bombs this much. I love watching the crowd's reaction when I blow up a well cover. lol

& One way to get alot of guards is to get one of them to go after you, then run away - you're sure to get another group of 4+ in no time & do your kill streak that way.

ghostferret
12-04-2011, 01:35 PM
It's a tie:
1. preventing the herald from taking any damage;
2. blowing up the Cappadocia gunpowder supplies without taking any damage.

Both constraints were satisfying, however, because I had to think about tactics to get 100% synch, rather than just keep trying until I got lucky.

MrKikass123
12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
probably the janisaries, Although i like it, challenges are always nice

Ferrith
12-05-2011, 07:29 AM
I hate the camera position when Ezio tries to board his ship to Cappadocia. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
And the camera position inside Aghia Sophia on the second back jump? Horrible. I didn't bother to count how many times Ezio died before figuring this out.

Contrary to some others, I love races.

dbuzzyb
12-05-2011, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Just thought I'd pop in to mention "The Champion Part 2" - making sure the Herald isn't damaged . . [QUOTE]

i used smoke bombs & after a few goEs got it

[QUOTE]& One way to get alot of guards is to get one of them to go after you, then run away - you're sure to get another group of 4+ in no time & do your kill streak that way [QUOTE]

iv tried running away & gathering a crowd but now th cowardly last couple keep running away lol

ProdiGurl
12-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by dbuzzyb:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Just thought I'd pop in to mention "The Champion Part 2" - making sure the Herald isn't damaged . . [QUOTE]

i used smoke bombs & after a few goEs got it

[QUOTE]& One way to get alot of guards is to get one of them to go after you, then run away - you're sure to get another group of 4+ in no time & do your kill streak that way [QUOTE]

iv tried running away & gathering a crowd but now th cowardly last couple keep running away lol

Ahhh, a smoke bomb - good idea, I'll go back in my DNA & try that another 10 times or so lol.
I finally took my 50% sync after another 12 goes.
SCREW IT. lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

You know, I'm doing that Thief assignment and when one spots me & goes after me and then I run away, I end up with a horde of them... but don't try it there, alot are those are Janissaries that'll kill your streak.
Maybe it just happens when you don't want it to.

Probably a good spot might be by a red zone where there's lots more guards stationed?

bibigonda
12-06-2011, 12:43 AM
As the Brotherhood trend continues, there is less and less things which are actually challenging, and more and more things which are just annoying.

On the top of the list is obviously notoriety. The game states that notoriety increases when you do something illegal. However surprisingly it increases from things like purchasing buildings which is ridiculous, especially considering how difficult and time-consuming it is to bring it down.

The second is den defense. Maybe for "tower defense" fans it is fun, but I find it incredibly disbalanced and annoying.

And the third is timed missions. Some of them are just too fast. Please bear in mind that some of us are 50+ year old, and our reaction is not as good as thirty years ago.

Personally I really wonder why don't you make different difficulty levels like most other games do? This way it would satisfy both those who want challenge, and those of us who just want to have some easy fun. It seems like the current situation annoys both camps.

Ferrith
12-06-2011, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by bibigonda:
On the top of the list is obviously notoriety. The game states that notoriety increases when you do something illegal. However surprisingly it increases from things like purchasing buildings which is ridiculous, especially considering how difficult and time-consuming it is to bring it down.
In Revelations we don't talk about notoriety anymore, but Templars' Awareness. As much as annoying it is, and time-consuming to bring it down as you said, it makes sense to me: Ezio's moves and actions help them locate him, gather info and finally attack him/ his dens.

ProdiGurl
12-06-2011, 07:41 AM
I don't think it's difficult to bring notoriety down at all, and to me it's not annoying, it's a realistic concept that guards may be looking for you due to things you're doing to promote the Assassins power or dominance in any given area.

It's not difficult to pay 100 to a Herald or take out 2 guards w/ an Official that appear nearby.
In fact, I love that and it never gets old for me. We have to have SOME consequences/challenges & possible setbacks in the game or it becomes out of balance imo.

But I 100% agree with AC3 needing a difficulty level system for Fans. There are too many complaints from people on it being too easy or hard.

DigiGuy777
12-06-2011, 11:07 AM
The challenge I hated most was Sequence 7 Memory 4 Decommisioned. Gee, wade through at least 20 gaurds by yourself and don't get hit once or get desynced? Are you freakin serious? I don't mind a challenge as long as it is reasonable and most the challenges in ACB and ACR are not. I don't like being timed nor do I want to worry about being Desynced. Just assign me a mission and let me achieve it how ever I can get it done.

DigiGuy777
12-06-2011, 11:22 AM
As the Brotherhood trend continues, there is less and less things which are actually challenging, and more and more things which are just annoying.

The second is den defense. Maybe for "tower defense" fans it is fun, but I find it incredibly disbalanced and annoying.

And the third is timed missions. Some of them are just too fast. Please bear in mind that some of us are 50+ year old, and our reaction is not as good as thirty years ago.

Personally I really wonder why don't you make different difficulty levels like most other games do? This way it would satisfy both those who want challenge, and those of us who just want to have some easy fun. It seems like the current situation annoys both camps.

I agree with all that you have said, especially the part about some of us being 50+. One of the hardest things for me to pull off is the occasion where you have to run up a wall then press the L3 in and the X to make him jump to a high platform to the right. Most of the time Ezio just jumps straight back instead of to the right very annoying and frustrating.

In the map menu you have the ability to choose what is displayed or not, why can't we have similar options in the main menu to choose if we want to be "Timed, Desynced, Beggers on or off,Janisseries on or off.....ect". Another thing missing from ACB and ACR is the ability to assign what buttons do what on our controllers like you can in Call Of Duty and Battlefield.

In a nutshell, give the player controll over how they want to play the game, some like Extreme difficulty while others want to just have a enjoyable experience.

apresmode
12-06-2011, 04:10 PM
None are really that bad. That is except for the one in Champion Part 2. Not getting hit myself, I can deal with that. Making sure someone else doens't get hit is an unbelievable pain in this mission.

dbuzzyb
12-07-2011, 09:15 AM
I too agree with being over 50 & not having the same reaction time, & the difficulty level choice is a brilliant idea but I think i get more satisfaction from successfully completing a task than my son-in-law does so i consider it a positive for myself
(thanks for th hint Prodigurl-i loathe the Janiseries but love the feeling of satisfaction as my blade finallly slices them up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I also think the 100% requiment for a task (although as i stated b4 my feelings re the 100 % achievement requirements requiring multiplay & side quests) really increases game satisfaction & i have enjoyed it in all the games-having to work out the strategy involved not only lengthens gamelay time but allows you to use all the new goodies (esp bombs) to gain that satisfying ding http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EddyV1987
12-07-2011, 02:14 PM
1)Not being able to restart from a checkpoint during a mission can be very frustrating at times. Especially when attempting to complete the objective for a 100% sync.

2) When replaying missions it would be nice if the cutscenes that follow would also replay. I wanted to see the complete ending again (and I know a lot of other people want to see the complete ending) but the sequence ends when Ezio touches Desmonds shoulder! Very sad.... =( Please fix this if you can.

Orryn75
12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
zhengyingli
Probably says it pretty good. I personally had no real difficulty iun stealth, its my game style anyway, but the 100% health can be a challenge, especially when confronted with 2+ brutes in a close area and they if you counter kill it is almost a given the other will hit you before the kill is complete.

ProdiGurl
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
I found a constraint/difficulty just this morning - In 'Arsenal Infiltration'.
The sync was to do a zipline assassination, but I only found one zipline I could use and nobody was near enough to take out so I took 50%.

I might have missed other ziplines in the area, but I did look around for them.
Loved this whole sequence http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ferrith
12-08-2011, 05:51 PM
The sync was to do a zipline assassination, but I only found one zipline I could use and nobody was near enough to take out so I took 50%.

You can throw a sound bomb to get soldiers gather around, but the actual air assassination is big hit and miss when you try it and you end up with a parachute open instead. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ProdiGurl
12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Ferrith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

You can throw a sound bomb to get soldiers gather around, but the actual air assassination is big hit and miss when you try it and you end up with a parachute open instead. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL oh no. I never had that happen thankfully - but I did have it happen when I was jumping onto a roof in mid air.

On this particular zipline, it's really a long line, my bomb wouldn't be able to reach that far, I'm sure I missed a line someplace,I just don't know where.

Kagu41
12-09-2011, 10:09 AM
By constraint if u mean the 100% sync thing then i found one like that in revelations.

The Hardest 100% sync constraint that I found in the Revelations game was in SEQUENCE 6, MEMORY 1 where I was asked to assassinate the target from a hiding spot .

I found this impossible to succeed because there were no hiding spots any where close by and the target never comes to any of the hiding spots that are there around.

And you know at one point I got so impatient and annoyed, so I jumped into a haysack and ordered my assassin to kill him. ( In one way, I did assassinate him from a hiding spot right? )

But anyways, tbh I found revelations more challenging than the other games,some 100% sync challenges were so awesome that I restarted the whole mission to get them ... It was fun ...

ProdiGurl
12-09-2011, 10:12 AM
@ Kagu,
If that's the one w/ the Janissary that you need his uniform, I finally found a way to do it. Go to the haystack when no other guards are nearby, shoot your gun & hop into the haystack, he comes
right to you.

I tried killing him from the bench there and it didn't work w/ a hidden blade or poison dart.
But that worked for me.

Kagu41
12-09-2011, 10:16 AM
@ProdiGurl

Hmmm ya man that could have worked or I could have just thrown a cherry bomb rite beside the hiding spot and waited in the bush...ya will try ur idea some time

bibigonda
12-10-2011, 01:13 AM
ProdiGurl,

Indeed "annoying" means different things for different people. My son could play the same Tower Defense for hours, and it is fun for him. For me it is just annoying. Please try to keep an open mind. Adding the difficulty settings would make happy both those of you who want challenge and those of us who just want to relax. It is achievable right now with a trainer, but having a direct support from the game developer would be preferred. After all, a lot of Ubisoft games have difficulty level already.

PluralAces
12-10-2011, 11:12 AM
I didnt really have a problem with these. I find the 100% synch much easier than Brotherhood, didnt think any were too diificult, just dont like the fact that we kind have to play the game the way the developers want us to play it instead of forging our own path as Altair and Ezio.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2011, 12:16 PM
ProdiGurl,

Indeed "annoying" means different things for different people. My son could play the same Tower Defense for hours, and it is fun for him. For me it is just annoying. Please try to keep an open mind. Adding the difficulty settings would make happy both those of you who want challenge and those of us who just want to relax. It is achievable right now with a trainer, but having a direct support from the game developer would be preferred. After all, a lot of Ubisoft games have difficulty level already.

Oh I agree and really WANT a choice of difficulty levels. I think that would solve alot of issues - it's just that the level they chose for ACR is perfectly balanced for me this time.
The entire game was a pleasure to play.

crash3
12-10-2011, 03:31 PM
If we have difficulty levels next game, I assume that what ACR offered in terms of difficulty would be the easiest difficulty level, anyone agree/disagree?

JumpInTheFire13
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Nothing! Not a single memory took me more than 3 tries to get 100% sync. You guys did a great job of it this time around, unlike the tank mission in Brotherhood.

JumpInTheFire13
12-10-2011, 07:54 PM
@ProdiGurl the target doesn't have to be at the end of the zipline. You can also assassinate people who are below you. If you hold the high profile button while on a zipline you'll go faster and if you let go of it you'll go slower. When you're moving slower you can look down at the ground and see if there's guards below you. I got this full sync first try its crazy easy

stubacca01
12-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Den Defense is the single most obnoxious thing ever in an Assassin's Creed game. It makes the whole thing unplayable. There's no way to avoid it since you got rid of wanted posters. By the time I find four heralds or two informants I am guaranteed to have alerted the guards and then my den is under attack. the only way to avoid it is to go low key the whole game and I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT. Seriously, if that is my only option then that's it: I'm done. What made the other games great is the variety of means you could use to achieve your mission. By removing that you make me lose all interest.

wolfy000
12-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Speaking of difficulty cause this would make stuff so much easier can ezio simply walk of a roof or ledge without doing some massive jump, can he simply drop straight down

Ferrith
12-11-2011, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
If we have difficulty levels next game, I assume that what ACR offered in terms of difficulty would be the easiest difficulty level, anyone agree/disagree?
For someone who has played all the previous games yes, AC:R was the easier one.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Ferrith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
For someone who has played all the previous games yes, AC:R was the easier one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point,

As an Average/Normal gamer, I'd rate the 3:

ACB hardest/ extremely hard for noob's to AC
ACII Less difficult than ACB
ACR Least difficult yet still challenging - (minus a few very hard syncs).

& by the way, I read 2 or 3 posts where people complained that ACR was way too difficult.
So maybe ACR has to be toned down even more to be "easy"?

crash3
12-11-2011, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ferrith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
For someone who has played all the previous games yes, AC:R was the easier one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point,

& by the way, I read 2 or 3 posts where people complained that ACR was way too difficult.
So maybe ACR has to be toned down even more to be "easy"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most games are hard when you first start out, I died so many times playing AC1 but i got the hang of it. The game shouldnt be made easier for the sake of a few complaining noobs. A game is exciting when you have to overcome the challenge of new controls etc. I have played every AC game and so have countless other people, why should we suffer for a few people new to the series, let them get the hang of the game like everyone else has.

I think a good way for people, new to the AC games, to get the hang of the controls is to bring back the training rings that featured in AC1 and AC2, I thought they were brilliant-better than that Virtual Reality thing in ACB. A training ring would be brilliant in AC3

ProdiGurl
12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ferrith:

Good point,

So maybe ACR has to be toned down even more to be "easy"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most games are hard when you first start out, I died so many times playing AC1 but i got the hang of it. The game shouldnt be made easier for the sake of a few complaining noobs. A game is exciting when you have to overcome the challenge of new controls etc. I have played every AC game and so have countless other people, why should we suffer for a few people new to the series, let them get the hang of the game like everyone else has.

I think a good way for people, new to the AC games, to get the hang of the controls is to bring back the training rings that featured in AC1 and AC2, I thought they were brilliant-better than that Virtual Reality thing in ACB. A training ring would be brilliant in AC3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, I liked both - I loved the virtual training in ACB - the kill streaks are just Kool & they made it into like a contest. Brilliant.

But honestly, ACB was just too hard for me to sync well at all even w/ training.
I also had to continually hunt down Ytube cheats for everything.
I didn't use one cheat for ACR - that's a first and I liked it.

But I'm playing it right now & I have to say after this much AC play, I can do ACB so much better. Where I struggled, it's kind of easy now which makes it fun. Practice, practice, practice.

I honestly think setting difficulty levels is key - plus, it gives fans more replay value.

blazefp
12-11-2011, 12:57 PM
hmm that's funny, the easiest AC for me was ACB :| then AC2 and then ACR. AC! was the hardest one, no doubts there

EDIT: I still think ACR could be harder, it was easy to get 100% in every mission with just 2 or 3 exceptions of course.

D.I.D.
12-11-2011, 01:32 PM
The hurdle I liked least was the Awareness meter. It didn't make a lot of sense to me that I could kill a huge number of guards in a crowded place and generate only a fraction of Awareness, and yet if I bought the lease on a shop I got a huge block added.

This interfered with a nice mechanic in ACB. It was different then because the towns and villages were noticeably derelict in Rome, whereas Constantinople's streets and clothing were very colourful, but anyway - you had this great thing where you wandered into a depressed area, sent the Borgia packing, and then got to run around the surrounding streets buying up the property and seeing the district become happy and thriving because of your actions (and also the people's behaviour was tangibly different, mocking the Borgia and so on). That was rewarding.

This wasn't possible in ACR because of Awareness, so you had to get into this grind of opening shops and then finding heralds and officials to cool down the score (and therefore watching the same animations and hearing the same sound samples several times in a few minutes). That's not fun at all.

I could have just let the game push me into Den Defence, but while it's easy it is also skill-free and time-consuming. The only pros of the development activity were money and the ability to hire more assassins: useful benefits, but none of them carried an instantaneous buzz to make you feel like you'd won a small victory.

SixKeys
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
The only "constraint" I'm finding hard at all is Den Defense. I tried to get into it, I really did, but it just doesn't work. It's not well explained, the camera angles make it confusing and it's annoying to have to keep reclaiming the same den over and over again if you don't keep notoriety down by running around bribing heralds all the time.

I still don't like the 100% challenges on lairs and tombs that have a time constraint, like "Finish the lair in 6 minutes". The best thing about the lairs is how epic and unique they feel, I like taking my time exploring them. Getting the achievement isn't difficult, it's just annoying to have a time constraint there in the first place. "Look at this beautiful place we built! Now run through it as quickly as possible!". Getting a blaring timer siren in your ear while you're getting into the atmosphere is just annoying.

gardengirl61
12-12-2011, 05:17 AM
I agree with eagleforlife1
"I don't like how I am forced to constantly go to a freaking den to save it every time I take over another den, and then once ive saved that den, another den needs saving! The den defense is a nice concept but it is too frequent and makes the game unplayable for me! Please change this to not as frequent."

GariStz
12-12-2011, 09:12 AM
There isn't a concrete hardest one, but the "Do not take any damage" and "Complete the mission under X minutes" are the ones I really hate.

The "damage" one is annoying, because every now and then some stone, arrow or a guard with a sword will fly at you when you least expect it, failing everything up! + it doesn't make sense with how the Animus works - what does that mean for Ezio "do not take any damage"? He never got hit - that's the point in the whole "Synchronization bar" thing. By that logic, every mission should have that constraint, because he never really got hit, except from the memories of his life when he really does! I hope I managed to explain that right....

The time trial ones are annoying, because they kill the immersion of exploring. Being mostly placed in the Hidden Tomb missions, every time I have to play the mission twice - once for the first time, exploring, looking around at the beautiful sight and stuff, and then a second time to complete the full sync, because I "FAIL at completing the level quickly" and I've shouldn't took my time to explore. Silly me.

Unless there is a race or an AXE above your head and you need to act quickly to be successful, time trials are out of place and annoying. Take the Galata Tower Hidden Tomb mission for example - Ezio doesn't need to hurry for anywhere, in fact, he has to be careful, because everything is breaking a part and he might fall!

Again, they kill the immersion of exploring!

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Sync's are intended to provide Challenge & competition.
It could be important to hurry thru that cavern when the structures were literally falling down around you.
If you don't want the challenge, don't bother with the sync.

You can easily do more than one play-through (restart the memory before ending it or go to 'DNA' on the menu) to explore parts of it..

I'm not a fan of timed/raced anything (I'm pretty horrible at it), but this was reasonably timed & enjoyable imo.

Leave_It_Blank
12-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Please ditch the RTS segments! I fell in love with this series due to the action adventure/ platforming, if I wanted to play a real time strategy game I would buy one. So disappointed, I'm not sure if I can even keep playing it. Thumbs down.

Black_Widow9
12-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Thank you all for your Feedback it will definitely be passed on. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif