PDA

View Full Version : Join in Progress/Invite Friends?

Brimtown
03-15-2018, 03:54 AM
Does anyone know if there will be options to join a friend's game in progress, or invite friends to join your game? Either in public or private matches?

Or do you have to search for your friend's private match, then enter the password?

I'm getting more and more nervous about the MP on this game.

Fallen-Champ
03-15-2018, 04:28 AM
Say we are in a private match and I leave you can send out an invite - so long as the person has the password who you invite they can get in so no need to close the room down.
So thinking same for Public but there would be that chance that anyone can join public with or without an invite.

Sknipester
03-15-2018, 04:35 AM
Say we are in a private match and I leave you can send out an invite - so long as the person has the password who you invite they can get in so no need to close the room down.
So thinking same for Public but there would be that chance that anyone can join public with or without an invite.

So what you are saying is that they can join mid-game?

Brimtown
03-15-2018, 05:16 AM
Let's say that I see one of my friends in a private match, but I don't have the password. So I have to message him, they have to message me back with the password.

Or conversely, I'm hosting a private match, and I see someone I know jump online. Ordinarily, I could just pause the game and send them a quick invite. No more. Now I'd have to pause the game, send them a message with the password. Rinse and repeat for any other friends who jump online.

It just seems like it's adding an annoying and unnecessary step.

emrdesign
03-15-2018, 08:50 AM
Let's say that I see one of my friends in a private match, but I don't have the password. So I have to message him, they have to message me back with the password.

Or conversely, I'm hosting a private match, and I see someone I know jump online. Ordinarily, I could just pause the game and send them a quick invite. No more. Now I'd have to pause the game, send them a message with the password. Rinse and repeat for any other friends who jump online.

It just seems like it's adding an annoying and unnecessary step.

Simple solution: Agree with your friends beforehand on a password you will all use for all the maps you will be making. Then everybody can enter any of the maps you and your friends make without having to ask the password all the time. There, problem solved!

rioseven
03-26-2018, 03:00 PM
So is there a definitive answer?

Can you join public lobbies midway through a match and if so how?

rioseven
03-26-2018, 04:03 PM
Ah ok.

So a bit like how MP was 20 years ago?