PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'll be the only one holding out.

Negrumir
03-15-2018, 02:55 AM
Let me start by saying that I hate making a post like this. (inb4 then don't make it)
Simply put: I think that unless Ubi fixes it, the MP lobby system will cripple the game just like FC3; I think that no amount of amazing editor will save it from that.
(inb4 then don't buy it) Well that's my point exactly; I'm not going to. Not until I've seen decent evidence that it's actually worth buying.

I'm guessing there's a decent chance someone will just delete this thread.

In some of my recent post, I think I've made it abundantly clear that I don't think FC5 will survive very long. But listen, I really want to buy this game, and it's frustrating as hell that things look so bad.

To reiterate: FC:IP and FC2 were the only games that gave proper options for hosting. FC:IP lasted a long time, though I'm not sure its current status. But FC2, which released nearly ten years ago, is actually still alive. I recently (this week) played in a few full lobbies, including hosting one of my own (until the game froze.) That's impressive, especially since FC2 is an absolute crap game.

"But wait!"

No, FC2 is a crap game. I love it, but it's crap. The controls are garbage, the movement is garbage, the netcode is garbage, the framerate is garbage, the weapon balance is garbage; weapon degradation, malaria, countless other minor issues. All in all, it's really bad. But we loved it, and some people still love it enough to keep playing it nearly a decade later.

FC3 on the other hand, did a great job of fixing nearly all of the above-mentioned issues. It was great. But the lobby system was useless, and the random playlists didn't work. Last I checked(a few days ago), people are only playing battle mix (which is just stock maps) and literally no one was playing any of the custom map playlists. Despite all of its massive improvements in every other area, it's essentially dead. (and also only six years old)

FC4... oh yeah, that didn't even have multiplayer worth mentioning.

Now remember all the complaining surrounding FC3? Remember how Ubi fixed it?
They didn't.

Remember the deceit about FC4's lack of mp?
Remember how Ubi never addressed that at all, despite hyping the map editor and even deceitfully hyping the addition of co-op in a later patch?

FC5's system will not work. I said it even before the map editor announcement that I knew Ubi would foul something up. I'm still prepared to eat my words, but I'm still standing by them. Hell, I'm prepared to buy a whole new PS4 pro, just to play FC5...

...if it's worth playing.

Which unless they make some major fixes, it won't be.
FC5's system removes all control from the player as to what they actually want to play. I don't just want to play my own maps; they're garbage anyway. I want to play other people's maps, because I can't even remember all the people who are so talented at this that they should be given money for their efforts. But I don't want to play junk. I want to be able to join a host I know has good taste in maps and play with them all day/night/weekend. I want randoms to be allowed to join, because I think they should experience the fun of a good lobby as well.

FC5's system won't allow that. It just won't.
It's essentially random, with only the illusion of control. It is and will be abused by morons/griefers. What little I played of the Halo series made it evidently clear that if people don't get the map vote they want, they'll just quit. If they quit it'll unbalance the teams. If people are dropped in mid-match to balance the teams, they're likely to be joining a losing team playing on a junk map. Sounds like fun.
I could go on for pages about why it won't work, but I already have, and so has everyone else. Moving on.

Private matches.
Without proper hosting and host control/options, this will die too. FC:IP showed that good private match options can make a game last for a long time. FC3 showed that without them, it won't.

"But I've tested it; it works, trust me." "You haven't played it, you don't know."
Sorry to anyone who's playtested any of the multiplayer, but you've only played in a very closed environment with the specific goal of testing. No one has actually gotten to played the finished game in a real world environment. In the real world, even private matches will be horribly clumsy at best. Also, I still fail to see how anyone who's played around with such a system could ever imagine it actually working. I'm sure there's some level of restriction for what you can say about it; I understand that. But unless there are some massive elements that simply aren't being told, I still fail to see how it could ever work.

I see a lot of complaining threads, I see a lot of feature request threads, I see a lot of wishful thinking threads.
What I don't understand is why it sounds like everyone has this game preordered or why it sounds like everyone will buy it day one.
Why would you do that?

For me, I only give a flip about the map editor + mp, so the SP/co-op/whatever else isn't worth the purchase for me.
If I buy this game before I know it's any good, then Ubi gets what they want, and no longer has any incentive to make any changes to attract me and my money. I refuse to give them money on the hope that they'll support the game or fix it. Ubisoft has one of the worst track records for QA, patches, or general support. May I refer back the the stinging irony of Vaa's "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

Simply put, there's no reason (unless you actually care about the SP) to buy the game until it's been made clear that the mp and it's features are functional to the point that they will last more than a month.
If it turns out to be crap, no money spent, no time wasted, no expectations/hopes crushed.
If it turns out to be great/gets fixed, then the game will last for years! No worries about missing the launch if the game is good enough to support this community. The community is dedicated enough that it stuck with FC2 despite its massive flaws. I just don't see FC5 being that good.

But I'm alone in this mindset, right?
Is there anyone else who's gotten sick enough of Ubi's nonsense that you don't trust them to even release a functioning game?
Is there anyone else who will look past how much they want the game to be great and see that all signs point to it being another complete waste of time?
Is there anyone else who will only buy a game after they see it's good?

I guess I'm the only one.
I guess Ubisoft making $60 less isn't enough to sway their minds.
Oh well.

Sknipester
03-15-2018, 04:24 AM
I don't know how you can say that you are the only one after seeing all these complaints here. I have been holding out since FC2 for a functional lobby system/MP.

This map editor sounds simply amazing. From what it seems to be, the lobby system is definitely not perfect and could use some improvements. But it definitely is an improvement from previous versions (from what I hear). Now is this one worth holding out on again? I simply don't know. Like you, I probably will wait to see if ubi gives proper custom lobbies like in Fc2, or every other decently made game, with match options to the player. I also have more of a push to do this because I cannot play 12 player escape maps as it seems right now. If this is not possible, I don't know.

For players designing dm and tdm, not having true custom lobbies are an inconvenience, but I don't think it will kill the MP. I'm just bummed that it seems that I cant do what I want to do from the get go, or it may be difficult to do it.

But I am really, really on the fence of buying this one. All we can hope for is that ubi patches these truly player hosted lobbies into the game. If they do that I'm alllll in. And I don't think there is anything that can make us doubt that, after all they have added to this game already, there won't be any updates to the mp lobby system. I hope and I think ubi is on the ball this time around.

usmovers_02
03-15-2018, 06:19 AM
As someone who has been nothing but critical of Ubisoft for about a decade now (I was a forum member far longer than this profile suggests) and who skipped 3 and 4 until they were cheap I've bought in despite being HUGELY skeptical of the lobby system. The system as it stands will almost certainly fail as FC3 did. BUT... don't forget that FC2 didn't ship with it's beautiful hosting tools. They were patched in after backlash. Also Ubisoft as a company seems to be shifting into a "support our games extensively post launch" type of company. Case in point: Rainbow Six. So I have hope that they will see that this system is terrible post launch and patch it.

Honestly I'm just too much of a mapper. I skipped both 3 and 4 and I miss mapping SO FREAKING MUCH! Even if it stays a terrible terrible system I need to get my map making fix.

Ol Barakus
03-15-2018, 08:40 AM
I totally get what youre saying OP! Totally...
But i took a jump, and pre-ordered...even after i said i would never do that after the FC3 lobby fail.

If all goes south once again, at the very least, i'll have a wonderful time making maps, and thinking..."what if?, or, if only?"

akilyoung
03-15-2018, 01:48 PM
Hey Neg, its been a while buddy!

Im sure youve read all my posts, along with the others it seems.

Trust me I fully understand you POV.

If I am honest, If I hadnt been testing it, I would only be getting it for the SP. But since I have, I am pretty excited overall for the whole IGE, mp and sp maps.

But take it with a grain of salt, thats my opinion.

anonamix
03-16-2018, 06:53 AM
I can see where you are coming from. Ive been let down ever since the removal of MP maps/ vehicles/ lobbies/ etc..

Although, I did pre order it for the sp/co op before I even heard about the IGE's return.. Wow, the return of mp, vehicles, and the asset library alone.. Luckily, I have a few friends that are willing to test each others maps. Plus I am rather savvy at social media and finding communities to get involved with. I mean it's 2018.. I can find a lobby for games on my dreamcast. no bull ****.

Also, I dropped 60 bucks on a steak tonight.. It was overcooked. I will digest it and pass it soon. The amount of fun I will have creating/playing maps (not to mention sp/co op) will be a sound investment imo. for me. personally.

I am here because I am very excited for this game and am eager for any information. I hope you find the game that you do want to buy.

jokerstyle83
03-16-2018, 08:12 AM
I am as depressed and mad as the guy that is posting this thread. They arent able to make multiplayer enjoyable for me and all their fans typed like the same things for years in like about 200 threads, and no I dont find that really hilarious to type and type words until Ubisoft wake up after ten years of failure.

Negrumir
03-16-2018, 11:37 PM
BUT... don't forget that FC2 didn't ship with it's beautiful hosting tools. They were patched in after backlash.

I've seen this mentioned a couple times, care to explain?
I know they added some options. What exactly was missing at launch?

Also Ubisoft as a company seems to be shifting into a "support our games extensively post launch" type of company. Case in point: Rainbow Six. So I have hope that they will see that this system is terrible post launch and patch it.

I hope so too.

Hey Neg, its been a while buddy!

Im sure youve read all my posts, along with the others it seems.

Trust me I fully understand you POV.

If I am honest, If I hadnt been testing it, I would only be getting it for the SP. But since I have, I am pretty excited overall for the whole IGE, mp and sp maps.

But take it with a grain of salt, thats my opinion.

Indeed, it has been a while.
And yeah, I've read some of your posts. I'm kinda steering away from the AMaA thread because I've no doubt Ubi made a great editor, that's always been their strong suit. No sense me seeing all the potential if it also looks like it'll be short lived.

I do hope to join you guys at some point, but so far Ubi has not sold me on this game.

usmovers_02
03-18-2018, 03:13 PM
Spawn camping comes down to the quality of the mapper. Exchanging deaths comes down to the quality of the player.

Fallen-Champ
03-18-2018, 08:29 PM
I've seen this mentioned a couple times, care to explain?
I know they added some options. What exactly was missing at launch?

When Far Cry 2 launched with user made maps you started with zero diamonds every time, the longer you stayed in the game you ranked up but you didn't keep that only playing in Ranked Mode allowed you to keep your stats.

So they patched in an option where you could start with diamonds enough to unlock everything if you wanted.
There were other issues I don't fully remember as it's almost 10 years ago now - unsure if one only let you keep a set number of maps then it would delete them as you downloaded more.

player3069
03-18-2018, 09:38 PM
FC2, which released nearly ten years ago, is actually still alive. I recently (this week) played in a few full lobbies, including hosting one of my own (until the game froze.) That's impressive, especially since FC2 is an absolute crap game.

"But wait!"

No, FC2 is a crap game. I love it, but it's crap. The controls are garbage, the movement is garbage, the netcode is garbage, the framerate is garbage, the weapon balance is garbage; weapon degradation, malaria, countless other minor issues. All in all, it's really bad. But we loved it, and some people still love it enough to keep playing it nearly a decade later

That it is because it makes you feel like One huge family! from all over the world. Yes not all family members get along , but that is the beauty of FC2 . The ( Dedicated Servers) That lobby System The ranked , unranked, Leaderboards, How You Rate maps, Search for maps. WOW!!!! Ubisoft had the Perfect Multiplayer . Better than any at the time .... Yes the gameplay was crap and needed polishing BUT!!!! OH how I loved it! I still play on FC2 almost 10 years later. Still fills up a room or 2. I do not think Ubisoft knows what they have. That Lobby set up is A Masterpiece!! The Whole! set up like.......... Reviving , and executing the other players , then they have the best ( TEA-Bagging ) of all games. being able to Host maps, and not even play . Spectating , and seeing gamers playstyles. WOW! FC2 is A PURE MASTERPIECE!

Viragoxv535
03-19-2018, 04:21 PM
Banned for what ?

DARKenergy--
03-19-2018, 08:54 PM
I'm on the fence here, too....

FC2 and FCIP had multiplayer user-created maps, no ranking system, designer could place weapons anywhere.
FC3 added COD-style loadouts and took weapons placement away from te designer. They forced players to rank up in order to gain access to better weapons. BUT, if you shut down your console, you lost your rank, forcing you to start from the beginning next time you played (if there was a next time).
FC4 "solved" the problem by eliminating multiplayer, and just allowing co-op and play vs. bots. Epic fail on that one.
So my concern is as follows: Will FC5 allow the map designer to place weapons throughout the map, thereby controlling the quality of play?
Will they have a ranking system with loadouts, and if they do, make sure player maps ranks persist after the console shuts down? The best would be to ELIMINATE the goofy ranking system outright. If I wanted to play COD I would play COD.

Last and least likely, will they finally tell the greedy dogs at Microsoft to drop dead and make the games cross-platform/console? I know, I know, hell no is the answer on that one. But really, it would be a SELLING point, meaning more SALES. Why is short-sighted greed always the one that wins over?

DrShakez
03-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Will FC5 allow the map designer to place weapons throughout the map, thereby controlling the quality of play?

Yes, there are weapon placements and loadouts that are controlled by the map maker. No ranking up for better loadouts.

zeeEVIL1
03-20-2018, 01:06 PM
6x6 is not a bad number. Maps do not need to be little either. There are vehicles that can be placed. Sure, more players would be cool, and maybe down the road it will happen. Meanwhile, the game has a ton of solid content which makes it worth the price.
Seriously, there is simply no pleasing some people.

player3069
03-20-2018, 08:10 PM
FC2 and FCIP had multiplayer user-created maps, no ranking system, designer could place weapons anywhere.

Correction needed!

FC2 did have A Ranking System, and never had weapon placement at all. The only weapon placement involved with FC2 were in the Fortunes DLC Map Pack , and they were already built in the Maps.

Did you even play this game?

usmovers_02
03-20-2018, 08:26 PM
Correction needed!

FC2 did have A Ranking System, and never had weapon placement at all. The only weapon placement involved with FC2 were in the Fortunes DLC Map Pack , and they were already built in the Maps.

Did you even play this game?

*Makes a petty mistake* *DID YOU EVEN PLAY THIS GAME?!?*

Everybody makes mistakes and misremembers things ;)

Negrumir
03-21-2018, 10:14 AM
*Makes a petty mistake* *DID YOU EVEN PLAY THIS GAME?!?*

Everybody makes mistakes and misremembers things ;)

Those were actually pretty noteworthy items considering they actually patched in a related fix on FC2.
Now, for my own previous instance if misremembering. I was aware of the set player rank and hardcore mode in FC2. When you said FC2 didn't have the lobby features we liked and that they were patched in, I thought you meant something like the whole lobby system or the map playlist. (I missed FC2'S launch by a few weeks.)

Also, DARK energy's memory of FC3 is also wrong... Unless mine is. In FC3, you could earn advancements in ranked playlists or co-op and then use those advancements in unranked matches.

Now, bank to the original "topic," I'm actually a bit more hopeful about FC5's system, if it truly works the way I think. Or at least, I'd like to be; but Ubi is snuffing out any footage of the multiplayer in action. With less than a week to go before release, that is an extremely worrying move, even if they're technically within their rights to do so.

player3069
03-21-2018, 07:14 PM
Now, back to the original "topic," I'm actually a bit more hopeful about FC5's system

Yes I agree it look's like it has potential. Looks more improved then the lobby in FC3.
The new and improved map editor looks good .

My only concern is how basic the Multiplayer is. I mean this is Next Gen. , and with in next year or so PS5 and Xbox2 will release . I mean I know people asked for dinosaurs in Far Cry , but I never expected the Multiplayer to turn out to be one . It really is A Multiplayer made for cavemen .

Things I noticed before they snuffed the Videos .

No Leaderboard.
No Ranked Matches
No Reviving , Or Executions
No Competitive Game Modes
No Hardcore mode

I know you are A map maker Neg. from what Fallen Champ said in another thread . Their is no vehicle respawns . Vehicles looked terrible in the videos . The maps looked flat and narrow , and vehicles had no purpose .

Seems like they Added DM, TDM, and Vehicles to pacify some complaints from FC4 , while throwing in all their efforts towards the map editor.

I just don't see it lasting very long , and A waste of time for Map Makers.

Brimtown
03-21-2018, 07:33 PM
Not having vehicle respawns could possibly wind up being worse than not having vehicles at all. At least when you didn't have vehicles, people could design their maps accordingly. I fear what's going to happen is that people will create large maps with vehicles, then when those vehicles get destroyed, people spending half their time simply running around looking for each other

Farcryisdead
03-21-2018, 07:45 PM
Because of lack of vehicle respawning i would suggest you all design your maps around players on foot and just add vehicles just for novelty/fun, and keep the map small to medium size.

usmovers_02
03-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Wait. Wait wait wait. Are we 100% sure vehicles don't respawn?

Viragoxv535
03-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Wait. Wait wait wait. Are we 100% sure vehicles don't respawn?

That's what Fallen-Champ said..

player3069
03-21-2018, 10:28 PM
Also the leaked videos that were taken down. The multiplayer shoot outs looked blah. Bad hit markers and the shadow's or shade looks out of place.

Did you see that part when that guy was "Prayin & Sprayin" The weapon recoil was so god awful , and the weapon was jumping all over the place . I believe it was only about Mid-ranged and still the weapon was uncontrollable. The weapons are so bad they were using shotguns to get kills.

usmovers_02
03-21-2018, 10:39 PM
Gee... When you don't shoot controlled bursts the weapon is hard to control? No way...

player3069
03-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Gee... When you don't shoot controlled bursts the weapon is hard to control? No way...

It's ok buddy ...... I know they have been calling you A cry baby in other threads , and now you want to hang out with the cool kids. You have "Conformed" quite well . 1 day you are against Multiplayer , then 1 day you are for it . I don't blame you ..... We will all know the truth about this Multiplayer soon.

DrShakez
03-22-2018, 12:04 AM
I know they have been calling you A cry baby in other threads , and now you want to hang out with the cool kids.

This is the most cringe inducing post I've ever read on these forums.

As for weapon recoil: It looks fine, wait until you play it to judge, control bursts, etc.

Restylex.
03-22-2018, 01:08 AM
See ya guys later on still buying the game, just because your missing it all out. I'm a map builder, the multiplayer is a nice add on. But overall i'm a content creator and like to share my creative mind to others. So we can talk about only the multiplayer but forgeting the point of the editor and that is given to get creative and making your own playground with the option to share it with others.
Just wait and see . I know a lot of creative people who will overrule the map rating by making some nice creative maps. But don't exspect they will be dropping there maps within two days. I'll already got my projects ready waiting to create :)

DerRiesesPiece
03-22-2018, 01:43 AM
It's ok buddy ...... I know they have been calling you A cry baby in other threads , and now you want to hang out with the cool kids. You have "Conformed" quite well . 1 day you are against Multiplayer , then 1 day you are for it . I don't blame you ..... We will all know the truth about this Multiplayer soon.

Uhh.. what? Iíve been looking at this forum for the past couple months looking for editor info, and anyone that has spent a day with Far Cry 3 knows how bad a lack of public map lobbies w/ rotations absolutely killed that game. The way maps are distributed and shared is the foundation for the editor, then comes the suite of features. Iíve noticed people riding us_movers for the past little while, and itís nonsense. While the editor looks amazin, he has every right to be skeptical of the editor in regard to the PvP aspect.

I donít care how far Ubi has any of these old editors wrapped around their finger. Anyone saying the current state of the lobby system is not alarming has a VERY short memory with how quickly it killed 3.

We need to praise Ubi when they do things right, but not be scared to voice concerns when they are looking us straight in the face.

And cool kids? Lmao.. who are you even referring to?

player3069
03-22-2018, 01:47 AM
I'm a map builder, the multiplayer is a nice add on. But overall i'm a content creator and like to share my creative mind to others. So we can talk about only the multiplayer but forgeting the point of the editor and that is given to get creative and making your own playground with the option to share it with others.

You must be joking right?

Because in Far Cry 2 is well balanced.
They both complimented each other.
The perfect multiplayer , Map Makers had no limitations.

I have to agree FC5 Multiplayer seems tacked on .

player3069
03-22-2018, 02:04 AM
Because of lack of vehicle respawning i would suggest you all design your maps around players on foot and just add vehicles just for novelty/fun, and keep the map small to medium size.

Is that really acceptable?

Putting limits on what you can create.
Forcing you to make maps A certain way, instead of having the freedom you guys had in FC2 . Not everyone likes close range maps.

Ubisoft has screwed over the people so bad over the Multiplayer for the past few years now . Doesn't matter what carrot they dangle in front of you . People are going for it.

In my opinion most people have really lost their standards .

Enjoy your maps.

usmovers_02
03-22-2018, 02:36 AM

Literally never been against MP. Only the lobby system.

Is that really acceptable?

Putting limits on what you can create.
Forcing you to make maps A certain way, instead of having the freedom you guys had in FC2 . Not everyone likes close range maps.

Ubisoft has screwed over the people so bad over the Multiplayer for the past few years now . Doesn't matter what carrot they dangle in front of you . People are going for it.

In my opinion most people have really lost their standards .

Enjoy your maps.

I really can't fathom why they'd let players edit the respawn time of various objects but make it so vehicles don't respawn period. Classic case of one step forward two steps back.

DrShakez
03-22-2018, 06:44 AM
Because in Far Cry 2 is well balanced.
They both complimented each other.
The perfect multiplayer , Map Makers had no limitations.

Far Cry 2 had a HUGE limitation on the mapper. No weapon placements or weapon restrictions made it so you had no power over what people used on your map. No matter the map, it played almost exactly the same. Some had better/worse layouts, and some had better/worse scenery, but other than that they couldn't change the actual gameplay. It was fun multiplayer, but I've had enough of progression based multiplayer (you can play any CoD for it).

AlexoEx0
03-22-2018, 08:18 AM
"See ya guys later on still buying the game, just because your missing it all out. I'm a map builder, the multiplayer is a nice add on. But overall i'm a content creator and like to share my creative mind to others. So we can talk about only the multiplayer but forgeting the point of the editor and that is given to get creative and making your own playground with the option to share it with others.
Just wait and see . I know a lot of creative people who will overrule the map rating by making some nice creative maps. But don't exspect they will be dropping there maps within two days. I'll already got my projects ready waiting to create"

We want to see your creations, we really do. But the in order for your creations to be enjoyed to their largest extent, numerous things must be in place:

- The multiplayer lobby system should be set up so that the people who put so much time into making maps get rewarded by being the ones who decide which maps are played, why should a mapper who has put 100s if not 1000s of hours into creating maps get fewer or simply an equal amount of chances for their map to be played as someone who ****ed around in the editor one or two times.

- The multiplayer needs to be engaging enough so the community lasts the longest amount of time possible so that your maps that you so lovingly create get the longest amount of exposure possible and can be viewed by the largest amount of people over time. This means that there needs to be variety, in game modes, in weapon customization, in map size so vehicles are properly utilized (which I don't think the current 6v6 max is enough to acheive the kind and scope of maps that some creators have in their minds).

If they did all this then FC5 would be set up to be a game of a generation, but they have to get some things right.

Restylex.
03-22-2018, 03:14 PM
The editor is the life time extension for the game. I've it will be well received, ubisoft will take notice to keep it that way. Perhaps even change some multiplayer issues on the road. In co paring with Farcry 4 they are really out to make the editor a nice and new feature for all to see. But anyway i'm off, creating my last map and testing some new stuff out before Facry 5 map editor gets my attention . I'll be there and will be seeing you all sooner or later. Thumps up lads !

Restylex.
03-22-2018, 03:30 PM
Bit weird vehicles don't respawn. I was guessing they didn't or could with the editor menu rule to flip yes or no. Man that pretty much makes large maps like Battlefield DOA. Probably down voted fast when walking miles on foot after all vehicles are broken. 6vs6 is lite. I said that at the beginning with FARCRY5 was hyped up at E3. Then appear very early on XBOX1 store for pre-orders showing 5vs5 then later changed to 6vs6. Get geared up for COD fish bowl maps. Curious how many vehicles can be plopped down for a map in total. 12? One per person? Shame there wasn't squad death match like Bad Company 2. 2vs2vs2vs2vs2vs2 or 3vs3vs3vs3 or 4vs4vs4. But 12 players isn't much.

I already thought of that issue and came to the solution To make some nice arches (like in reality) https://www.google.nl/search?biw=1366&bih=651&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=h7yzWvCHFYPcgAa0wKi4DA&q=ww2+airplane+arch+bunker&oq=ww2+airplane+arch+bunker&gs_l=psy-ab.3...4134.8526.0.8834.13.11.1.0.0.0.398.1075.9j3-1.10.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..2.0.0....0.FAkIf2N60CA#imgrc=_EkI3oXjtJHE5M:

to protect the players and vehicles from blowing up. Second ill be sure you don't want to get near the respawn point of the other team. I'll will provide them enough air defence to powned you up m8. lol

Fallen-Champ
03-22-2018, 03:49 PM
There are also other things you can use remember ziplines can be stretched and you can place lots in a map so help to get around.
Also having any areas that have a little height advantage allows the player to wingsuit which is faster than been on foot (providing you enable the wingsuit in loadouts)

Rather than discard vehicles as we normally would not caring because they would respawn now we might have to be a little more careful and think for the team instead of just going 100 miles an hour into the enemy so it could force more strategic play possibly.

Then there are Homeopathics using one if enabled can give you a slight boost (Called THE FAST) it lasts a short while and is pretty cool IMO.
There are always ways to try and make things work, it's down to us builders to give the player options - I think wingsuit with no fall damage is a good way to get around rather than on foot so Base to Base team games that might become a solution building them a little higher maybe.

usmovers_02
03-22-2018, 04:20 PM
it could force more strategic play possibly.

it's down to us builders to give the player options -

You see these statements are at odds and show the flawed logic Ubisoft is using. Preventing vehicles from respawning is forcing mappers to take that into consideration while building. However you yourself are correct in that it's up to us mappers to give the players options. No respawning vehicles removes quite a bit of power from the mapper. REALLY hope they patch this at a later date. It won't ruin the experience for me. I view it the same way as removing weapon placement in FC2. It totally sucks but I'll still find a way to enjoy it. This REALLY hampers race maps though. Any idea if vehicles can be made invulnerable?

Farcryisdead
03-22-2018, 04:33 PM
I will design my mp maps (after i make a few sp) around players on foot, no wing suits,grapple or zip lines or special abilities, just boots and guns, classic style, regular mp maps.

rioseven
03-23-2018, 03:57 PM
in farcry4 there were quad bikes do we still have them

Fallen-Champ
03-23-2018, 08:45 PM
in farcry4 there were quad bikes do we still have them
Quads are back, there is a Buggy and RZR plus other lots of other vehicles.

rioseven
03-26-2018, 01:53 PM
I'm glad quads are back, they are a lot of fun to drive.

When I read what Negrumir has written I feel that his sentiments are heartfelt and he has been a long-standing follower of the Far Cry series. Perhaps Ubisoft could be more attentive to such people as opposed to players who only bought into the franchise a few years ago.