PDA

View Full Version : Poll idea: If game contains micro-transactions; will you buy, rent, or not bother?

gdsdfgser
03-15-2018, 02:04 AM
Here's an idea for an official poll:

If game contains micro-transactions; will you buy, rent, or not bother?

Probably the most pertinent question everybody is wondering at this precipitous time for video games.

bananenslip
03-15-2018, 03:09 AM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1845736-Lets-talk-Micro-transactions

its the same thread? or not?
Im swiss :P

K1ngthepug
03-15-2018, 11:08 AM

Youíre Swiss? Iím Swiss too (almost)

In answer to your question I will still buy the game depending on what the ďmicro transactionsĒ involve.
I payed 20CHF on some tokens for wildlands yesterday so I canít say Iím 100% opposed. More that it canít be game defining. I wonít pay money for something I can do in game for instance, leveling up etc.
I think though that Ubisoft have never been too outlandish with micro transactions and I feel that every recent Ubisoft game Iíve bought has had a full game to offer in its most basic form.

Iíve said this before but I think EA have given the rest of the gaming world a big lesson with battlefront 2, people such as my self refuse to buy anything EA anymore, and for some reason Ubisoft take a lot of online flack for their games.
Iím rambling now. But yea cosmetics and stuff, Iím more than happy to pay if it looks cool. But give me the option to buy it outright and not hope and gamble on loot boxes.

bananenslip
03-15-2018, 12:06 PM
I would say Pay to skip will be ok but all camos or objects should be free to play if i get enough XP or made something that rewards me with such of things like that.
so can every one choose if he want to play or to pay.
i think its better these things to make it in the multiplayer but singleplayer should be free from micro transactions.

PS: Dietikon :P

K1ngthepug
03-15-2018, 02:14 PM
It dep bds on how they do the single player/multiplayer divide
But youíre right we should get everything in game for free (70CHF game price)
Still remains to be seen. I have trust in Ubisoft though.

Legion-495
03-15-2018, 04:39 PM
They could just use the Ubipoints for clothing options imo. I would tolerate that.
But microtransactions in a singelplayer are big no for me.
The last game I owned with that was DeusEx: Mankind Divided and I cheated the PraxKits in order to be on the same level as someone putting tons of money into skillpoints.

I only can agree on Content or said Ubipoints.
Why would you tolerate microtransactions if you are asked? Is beyond me.

Since I am... a freaking huge fan of this game I would probably get a collectors edition or something for the first time.
So I still rate this a buy, but I would hate myself for supporting it and probably not recommend it without the warning about microtransactions or lootboxes or whatever could happen.

And YES There is a same Thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1845736-Lets-talk-Micro-transactions) so we should continue there. (Clickable link is underlined)

Shallow-sorrow
03-15-2018, 06:08 PM
As a player I do not exclude micro-transactions, as long as the development team can bring better content. But at the same time you should see the wrong example of EA in Star Wars. I believe that Ubisoft can achieve balance!

KIERROK
03-15-2018, 09:39 PM
I would still buy, because I like buying costumes or holiday themed clothing, housing items, or weapon skins.

bananenslip
03-16-2018, 02:10 PM
I would still buy, because I like buying costumes or holiday themed clothing, housing items, or weapon skins.

Yes like that will be ok.only skins and useless objects that looks pretty

Legion-495
03-16-2018, 02:48 PM
Or it is not okay. Come on guys how can you support that?
It is anything but a secret that games actually get cheaper to make due to the tools and much more gets pumped into marketing. If someone says games get more expensive you would have to ask how much of it went into marketing... way too much.

This has few to do with ongoing content unless the devs themselfs would say so.
Can't we agree on that if there is anything to be bought it will be DLC dedicated to content rather than such undedicated transactions?
And do not forget this is still a Singelplayer. And in my eyes this game cannot be perfect if it strips also clothing unless it is related to a content DLC.
Then the game should not rub you this into the face with this being exclusive to DLC owners just not showing it would do the job.

I am certain Ubisoft has the money to do this and still make money on it. After all we still are able to support them with a season pass or so. That should do just fine.

All I want to say. Now we have the chance to say NO to microtransactions or lootboxes.
We want Content DLC.
WE WANT CONTENT DLC ONLY :)

gdsdfgser
03-16-2018, 06:16 PM

I'm hinting that the devs should do an official poll.
These forums are relatively inactive.

Or it is not okay. Come on guys how can you support that?
It is anything but a secret that games actually get cheaper to make due to the tools and much more gets pumped into marketing. If someone says games get more expensive you would have to ask how much of it went into marketing... way too much.

This has few to do with ongoing content unless the devs themselfs would say so.
Can't we agree on that if there is anything to be bought it will be DLC dedicated to content rather than such undedicated transactions?
And do not forget this is still a Singelplayer. And in my eyes this game cannot be perfect if it strips also clothing unless it is related to a content DLC.
Then the game should not rub you this into the face with this being exclusive to DLC owners just not showing it would do the job.

I am certain Ubisoft has the money to do this and still make money on it. After all we still are able to support them with a season pass or so. That should do just fine.

All I want to say. Now we have the chance to say NO to microtransactions or lootboxes.
We want Content DLC.
WE WANT CONTENT DLC ONLY :)

I remember a time when free DLC was a reward to the community who made a successful game/studio what it is.
Now, a gaming community is viewed as monetizable commodity and nothing more.

I think expansions were really the best mode of monetizing the time spent on developing an engine.

GTA III > Vice City > San Andreas
Halo 3 > ODST
Red Dead > Nightmare

All above games were complete titles. Their expansions existed as individual entities as well. Nowadays, games feel incomplete because they are crafted with the notion of buying DLC rather than communicating story. Sad.

ElPrimordial
03-16-2018, 06:46 PM
I remember a time when free DLC was a reward to the community who made a successful game/studio what it is.
Now, a gaming community is viewed as monetizable commodity and nothing more.

I think expansions were really the best mode of monetizing the time spent on developing an engine.

GTA III > Vice City > San Andreas
Halo 3 > ODST
Red Dead > Nightmare

All above games were complete titles. Their expansions existed as individual entities as well. Nowadays, games feel incomplete because they are crafted with the notion of buying DLC rather than communicating story. Sad.

Yeah, it feels like developers butchered and strip their game of content in order to make us pay for their DLC... I prefer old school expansions, those felt more fair. It was understandable they couldn't put all content in one title due to money/time/technical constrictions so they create expansions to give to players all the stuff they created for their game to fair price.

Ganet2
03-16-2018, 10:09 PM
When companies used to do expansions it didn't feel like they'd left out anything from the main game. People could happily play the original and ACTUALLY have a choice to get the expansion or not because they had a fully polished game with plenty of content in it as was. If people liked the look of the expansion and amount of content in it. They'd buy it then and only then.

When you take out fairness it just shows how desperate a company is to stay on top without taking any losses at all even if they are filthy rich or if their shareholders are filthy rich (and it is absolutely filthy in every sense of the word). If you can't make a profit from making a fun and polished game then should a company even be in the game industry?

ElPrimordial
03-17-2018, 08:05 PM
When companies used to do expansions it didn't feel like they'd left out anything from the main game. People could happily play the original and ACTUALLY have a choice to get the expansion or not because they had a fully polished game with plenty of content in it as was. If people liked the look of the expansion and amount of content in it. They'd buy it then and only then.

When you take out fairness it just shows how desperate a company is to stay on top without taking any losses at all even if they are filthy rich or if their shareholders are filthy rich (and it is absolutely filthy in every sense of the word). If you can't make a profit from making a fun and polished game then should a company even be in the game industry?

So true, you find out they create the expansion with ideas that were left out from the game, much later thanks to interviews they made for magazines and such. How well as you observe, the main game it felt like a complete thing and the expansion felt like a thing that could live on their own, without needing the main game and vice versa... oh, those were good times...