PDA

View Full Version : 9000 assets on consoles?

anonamix
03-14-2018, 11:29 PM
Hello all. It has been a while; since I had all but given up hope on the editors return.. Wow. I honestly can't believe they heard us! I had just heard about the editor today and have just now pre ordered my copy. I was so sure this feature would be absent, I didn't even look into it until today.
Whew.. still very excited haha.. anywhoo,

I was wondering if anybody was able to confirm some of the console limitations? Most importantly I am curious about the library of assets being advertised..

Thanks!

usmovers_02
03-14-2018, 11:45 PM
Why would you think the editor would be missing? The editor has been in every single numbered Ubisoft entry.

And yes, the console editor will have 9000 assets with a decently large budget compared to previous games.

anonamix
03-15-2018, 12:12 AM
Because it seemed that the game had been moving more towards the sp story and trimming the IGE. By Primal I had given up hope for an editor in the future.. Especially an mp editor with vehicles. Glad I was wrong..

Good to know! Thanks for the reply.

usmovers_02
03-15-2018, 12:30 AM
Especially an mp editor with vehicles. Glad I was wrong..

Good to know! Thanks for the reply.

Yeah that I totally get.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-15-2018, 10:48 AM
We will have so many objects and features to use, it will be mind boggling. the fc5 editor blows all other fc editors out of the water.

akilyoung
03-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Actually there are around 10k assets currently, maybe more. Dont know the exact number.

And yes, Console has the SAME amount as PC.

The only difference between console and PC, to my knowledge as a tester, is:

-The UI
-Search function
-PC has double the budget on SP based maps currently
-Snap angles

All of those are subject to change, or me being wrong, except the UI differences. So DONT HOLD ME TO IT!

emrdesign
03-15-2018, 03:01 PM
Guess its near 10,000 assets. But still good luck winning votes in a public match. Also I think the casual's will ditch this game in a couple weeks after story mode is conquered or gets stale. Only way this game gets some life support is a major sale in a year at 75% off to repopulate the multiplayer with more casual's. Cause all that will be left is mappers. But either your mapping or playing maps.

Thank you. But you see for us its not about winning votes. We will settle for any map that is fun to play and fun to make. Now stop moaning and nagging every day in every thread. Thank you!

Brimtown
03-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Guess its near 10,000 assets. But still good luck winning votes in a public match. Also I think the casual's will ditch this game in a couple weeks after story mode is conquered or gets stale. Only way this game gets some life support is a major sale in a year at 75% off to repopulate the multiplayer with more casual's. Cause all that will be left is mappers. But either your mapping or playing maps.

There's a large enough mapmaking community you shouldn't need to worry about not having people to play with. I know years ago there were several mapmaking websites (ie FCMAPS) that had a lot of users. Nowadays most of us have migrated over to Facebook. Just seek out one of the Far Cry 5 pages, connect with other mapmakers, and you should be fine.

truesurv1val
03-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Actually there are around 10k assets currently, maybe more. Dont know the exact number.

And yes, Console has the SAME amount as PC.

The only difference between console and PC, to my knowledge as a tester, is:

-The UI
-Search function
-PC has double the budget on SP based maps currently
-Snap angles

All of those are subject to change, or me being wrong, except the UI differences. So DONT HOLD ME TO IT!

Really? No search function on console? You sure of this? If not please inquire by ubi.

I need the brain power for the creative proces, not remembering where i can find that one item of the 10.000. Search function really needed with so many assets