PDA

View Full Version : It's good to see that many people feel the same way I've felt for months.

Archeun
03-14-2018, 08:10 PM
I love For Honor. The concept.

Hopefully, Ubisoft will create a new game that is gritty and not the massive joke For Honor has become.

Unblockable spam

Nonstop feints

In 4v4, it's non-stop massive unblockable hits by Berserkers and HL.

I play very infrequently now and I refuse to pay a penny of real money until serious changes are made.

Ubisoft doesn't care about bringing in new players. They care about continuing to milk the Git Gud crowd. Casuals will not play this game because of the difficulty but most importantly, the way the game is moving.

Salt emotes. Yes, the game is juvenile. I don't mind the emotes but I do mind the ignoring of the glaring problems while mocking those who actively point them out.

Yes, I and others can leave and not play the game. Many people are doing exactly that. That's not what most want though. They want a competitive game that isn't the cancerous tumor FH has become.

Thankfully, many wonderful titles are always coming out. Ubisoft isn't listening to the very loud and massive crowd who is telling them they need to fix their game. They watched as a huge influx of characters came to the game and balked when 90% left within 6 months of the game.

It's sad because this game could truly be a great title. It won't be great when the fix is to make all the characters walking piles of cheesy BS.

I do feel vindicated since so many people are continuing to leave and many of them are prominent members of the community. Ubisoft isn't going to listen and I suspect they have a skeleton crew working on FH as they work on newer titles like Skull and Bones. Personally; I won't buy another title from Ubisoft because they've ruined my experience with this title.

Archeun
03-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Characters=Players

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-14-2018, 08:13 PM
I do feel vindicated since so many people are continuing to leave and many of them are prominent members of the community.

You mean a handful of forum members? You guys do realize that the people that frequent any games forums make up a teeny tiny number of the actual population.

Archeun
03-14-2018, 08:17 PM
Your point? The game is still hemorrhaging players. The loss of 90% of the games population in the first 3-6 months of 2017 has never recovered...at least not on PC. I don't pay attention to Console because I don't play Console but on PC; it's a serious problem. It's far more than a handful but live in denial; Ubisoft does.

brashtralas
03-14-2018, 10:53 PM
Your point? The game is still hemorrhaging players. The loss of 90% of the games population in the first 3-6 months of 2017 has never recovered...at least not on PC. I don't pay attention to Console because I don't play Console but on PC; it's a serious problem. It's far more than a handful but live in denial; Ubisoft does.

Incoming posts about “all fighters have a huge drop off shortly after release! Look at (x fighter game)! It dropped way lower than for honor!”

Then, later, when someone criticizes the dev teams choices or direction of the game they’ll say “for honor is unique! They are going to make mistakes because there’s not other game like it! It’s all new territory. It’s in its own genre!”

Than, after that, someone will criticize Ubisoft’s decision to use p2p in the first place and they’ll say “all fighters use p2p! For honor is a fighter, so it stands to reason that it started as p2p! How could they have known?!”

Brace yourself.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 11:57 PM
I love For Honor. The concept.

Hopefully, Ubisoft will create a new game that is gritty and not the massive joke For Honor has become.

Unblockable spam

Nonstop feints

In 4v4, it's non-stop massive unblockable hits by Berserkers and HL.

I play very infrequently now and I refuse to pay a penny of real money until serious changes are made.

Ubisoft doesn't care about bringing in new players. They care about continuing to milk the Git Gud crowd. Casuals will not play this game because of the difficulty but most importantly, the way the game is moving.

Salt emotes. Yes, the game is juvenile. I don't mind the emotes but I do mind the ignoring of the glaring problems while mocking those who actively point them out.

Yes, I and others can leave and not play the game. Many people are doing exactly that. That's not what most want though. They want a competitive game that isn't the cancerous tumor FH has become.

Thankfully, many wonderful titles are always coming out. Ubisoft isn't listening to the very loud and massive crowd who is telling them they need to fix their game. They watched as a huge influx of characters came to the game and balked when 90% left within 6 months of the game.

It's sad because this game could truly be a great title. It won't be great when the fix is to make all the characters walking piles of cheesy BS.

I do feel vindicated since so many people are continuing to leave and many of them are prominent members of the community. Ubisoft isn't going to listen and I suspect they have a skeleton crew working on FH as they work on newer titles like Skull and Bones. Personally; I won't buy another title from Ubisoft because they've ruined my experience with this title.

Again a post that reflects my opinion and justifies my criticism of For Honor.