PDA

View Full Version : Ki100 vs. Ki84.

Atomic_Marten
12-24-2004, 11:46 AM
I'm curios, considering the fact that the Ki100 will be introduced in game, what are the performance of the Ki100 when compared to the Ki84?

From what I have read in some of the books, Ki100 should be better in some regards, but I do not have specific info..

Atomic_Marten
12-24-2004, 11:46 AM
I'm curios, considering the fact that the Ki100 will be introduced in game, what are the performance of the Ki100 when compared to the Ki84?

From what I have read in some of the books, Ki100 should be better in some regards, but I do not have specific info..

ddsflyer
12-24-2004, 11:58 AM
The Ki-100 was a stopgap solution, albiet a good one. There were no engines available for the Ki-61 so they made do with a radial, and it turned out to be better than the inline Ki-61. The Ki-84 (Frank) was a later airframe design with more power, better armament, and better (equivalent to P-51) performance. The allies had a saying when spotting a Ki-84 because they couldn't catch them, "Forget it, it's a Frank".

lrrp22
12-24-2004, 12:13 PM
"Forget it, it's a Frank" had nothing to do with air-to-air combat. The term refers to scrambling from an airfield to intercept a Frank flying overhead, if the term was ever used at all.

Its speed performance was not equal to the P-51's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ddsflyer:
The Ki-100 was a stopgap solution, albiet a good one. There were no engines available for the Ki-61 so they made do with a radial, and it turned out to be better than the inline Ki-61. The Ki-84 (Frank) was a later airframe design with more power, better armament, and better (equivalent to P-51) performance. The allies had a saying when spotting a Ki-84 because they couldn't catch them, "Forget it, it's a Frank". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fliger747
12-24-2004, 12:43 PM
The Ki'100's handling and manuverability were greatly improved over the Ki 61 from which it was derived, due to lower wing and power loading. A good airplane and very reliable!

Wing loading was about 36 lb/sqft and power loading at 5.1 lb/hp.

BlitzPig_DDT
12-24-2004, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fliger747:
Wing loading was about 36 lb/sqft <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still not as good as a Hellcat's. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Fliger747
12-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Better power loading though!

ElAurens
12-24-2004, 01:22 PM
In capable hands teh KI100 will be a difficult adversary. While it's top speed is no better than the Ki61's because of the large radial engine, It's handeling and accelaration will be better owing to it's lower weight.

I look forward to it.

WUAF_Badsight
12-24-2004, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lrrp22:
Its speed performance was not equal to the P-51's. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
the only advantage a Pony might have had against Hayates is from being overboosted giving it the ability to run away from Hayates

& thats only against certian models

& only if it was running higher boost

Atomic Marten , all the info your after is on the web

google

for 1945 , the Ki-100 is a POS

VW-IceFire
12-24-2004, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:

From what I have read in some of the books, Ki100 should be better in some regards, but I do not have specific info.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Ki-84 will still be the best Japanese fighter in the game that is flyable...even after the Ki-100 comes out.

The Ki-100 is a Ki-61 with a radial engine. Its maximum speed I think is reached at a lower altitude which may be an advantage or disadvantage. Its got a good armament (similar to the Ki-84a) and its very manuverable.

But the Ki-84 is still faster, its still very agile, and it still has better firepower. Will we see a surge in the number of Ki-100's...hard to say but I suspect not. Only if you really like agility in a late war plane.