PDA

View Full Version : Everybody that's saying they are finished with this game...

RenegadeTX2000
03-14-2018, 11:12 AM
Just wait til season 5 is over. If you aren't happy with the changes then leave. There will be more changes to come during season 5 so why leave when it's in the middle of healing? Let the game heal in this season and then make a decision. Season 5 is huge for changes, let's see how it turns out. Still more to come like that delicious back dodge change.

ChampionRuby50g
03-14-2018, 11:34 AM
Thatís what Iíve decided. I know I already donít like the direction the game is going, and Iíve lost a lot of interest over the past 2 months due to a variety of reasons, not only with the game but also because of the state of the forums. Constant spam, bugs that log me out every second time I go into a post to read it even though I brought the issue up month + ago and just the feeling that Ubisofts big heads really couldnít give a rats @ss about us. Iíve got the utmost respect for the mods here, save that global one, and I donít mean to take any frustrations on them. But, if the rest of the changes coming ďsoonĒ in Season 5 fall short in terms of been delivered at all or been half @assed, or just further turn the game in the wrong direction for me, I will be leaving at the end of this season, start of season 6. Not saying Iíll be gone forever, because I still enjoy the community here and maybe 3 or 4 games, but Iím pretty much at the end of the jumping board, ready to take the final leap away.

guor6800
03-14-2018, 01:22 PM
The roadmap of the last warrior's den wasn't so promising though.

Ded servers are still a work in progress. Whenever the devs feel that the ds are on good condition will proceed with implementing arena mode. As far as i am concerned it sounds at least a couple of months away. Extra skins,effects etc bull and a dance of death on april if i recall correct.

Some reworks are in progress or that's what the devs kinda implied. I guess some more unblockables/soft feints and hyper armor for some of the og are on way.

I don't really know if back dodge will be that enticing :p

The point that had driven away many "old-schools" around here is that for honor have distracted way too far from what it was advertised to be.Nowadays if you ask devs what's your go-to mode for the game i guess they won't have an answer to that. I don't mean to sound harsh but devs give me the idea that they have no vision. Just try to patch-up the holes that continue to open every now and then until we finally hit the bottom of the ocean.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 01:35 PM
Just wait til season 5 is over. If you aren't happy with the changes then leave. There will be more changes to come during season 5 so why leave when it's in the middle of healing? Let the game heal in this season and then make a decision. Season 5 is huge for changes, let's see how it turns out. Still more to come like that delicious back dodge change.

Hey RenegadeTX2000,

Of course it is to be seen how the game develops. But so far, some are not satisfied. I also belong to it.
I think it's a pity as For Honor has developed and I wish that partly as it will be earlier.
Not everything has become bad. Without question.
But you can see that the comunity is exploiting a lot of bugs and making them visible in Dominion mode.
Also the matchmaking is to be criticized and also the preparation for the on-line play is more badly than right.
The only mode that really demanded of the bots was "Test your metal". All other bot games are definitely too easy. Also at level 3 just too easy.
You can not compare that with online mode.
You are helpless when balance of the player is often very different. Especially when a group of four finds no match and come together with very weak or against beginners.
That should not exist.
Also the motivation is missing in the long run. I do not feel like investing 1000 hours to buy all the executions.
It has to happen slowly and as long as they really only fix the "bugs" there will not be too much new contingent and that will drive out some of the tales.

So wait and hope that Ubisoft decides correctly. There is a lot of praise but also a lot of criticism from the community. I hope you take this to heart.

Sneakly20
03-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Itís just hard to enjoy game the nowadays. I no longer have fun with game. I come to the forums to explain or what Iíd like to see happen but now it seems like a chore to play this game. Itís not something I would come to have fun with

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Thatís what Iíve decided. I know I already donít like the direction the game is going, and Iíve lost a lot of interest over the past 2 months due to a variety of reasons, not only with the game but also because of the state of the forums. Constant spam, bugs that log me out every second time I go into a post to read it even though I brought the issue up month + ago and just the feeling that Ubisofts big heads really couldnít give a rats @ss about us. Iíve got the utmost respect for the mods here, save that global one, and I donít mean to take any frustrations on them.
That's a good point, I have issues with stuff in the game but also the state of this forum as well and to be honest I think I'll be leaving this forum sometime soon because in my opinion it is being horribly run and is fast becoming an intolerable and disgusting place to be in.

In my opinion the state of this forum is the worst thing about For Honor, you have a minority of toxic posters being allowed to sh!t post and throw insults freely everywhere while the mods presumably sit around twiddling their thumbs and allow this small minority to turn this place into a garbage dump. We're left to basically do the mods' jobs for them because they are so often missing in action. Don't get me wrong, I love the Ubi reps. They all do a fantastic job of passing on our feedback and being nice people but as forum moderators only one of them is actually doing their job properly.

I really miss UbiNoty. When she left she took the best of this forum with her.

SteadiedOrb3288
03-14-2018, 04:37 PM

I waited 15 min to find a match just to get kicked and penalized for 10 more minutes for not engaging my enemy for 15 seconds. I don't have a lot of time to play games but doing 30 min of waiting for 13 min of gameplay isn't worth any game

Jiblet2017
03-14-2018, 05:17 PM
I am just taking a break to see if A) I am simply burned out and B) how upcoming changes are implemented.

I still check the forums during my lunch break intend to stick around to see how things go. I just do not personally think the game is worth playing when my favorite modes (duel and ranked duel) are unplayable due to low population and 4's is in it's current state.

Still, I look forward to changes and hope it helps the game and community.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-14-2018, 06:11 PM
Truth is some will be missed here on the forums but in game they wont. People come and go over the lifespan of a game. So I say good luck on whatever games you choose going forward but their decision will not make or break the game. So good luck guys!

brashtralas
03-14-2018, 06:38 PM

Isnít this part of the problem, though? Weíre always waiting for some big change to fix the game. Right now itís lag comp and more reworks, before that it was centurion nerf, before that it was defensive meta.... Which took a year and was released alongside other huge changes for whatever reason.

Eventually people get tired of waiting, especially when the things theyíre waiting on donít actually go how anyone planned.

ChampionRuby50g
03-14-2018, 08:24 PM
@Vakris - youíre 100% on the mark there. I feel that since Noty left, things really started to go down hill. She was great here, and her presence is sorely missed.

@brashtralas - also agreed. Everything Is always just ďhurry up and waitĒ. So many promises, with so many falling short and Iím just sick and tired of not knowing whatís going on with a game that used to be my Clear favourite, and one that I enjoyed playing so much. Key words there are ďused to be my favouriteĒ. As already mentioned, itís more of a chore now.

Extra: even going to post this comment, I was instead redirected to just a pure white page, reloading did nothing so I had to fully exit my browser and enter the forums again on a new page, to find that my comment still hadnít been posted, and then going to post again (while logged in) Iím redirected to a page saying I need to log in to comment... get your **** together Ubisoft. Iím over this crap

UbiJurassic
03-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Extra: even going to post this comment, I was instead redirected to just a pure white page, reloading did nothing so I had to fully exit my browser and enter the forums again on a new page, to find that my comment still hadn’t been posted, and then going to post again (while logged in) I’m redirected to a page saying I need to log in to comment... get your **** together Ubisoft. I’m over this crap
Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser? It's annoying to do, but it might solve the issue.

brashtralas
03-14-2018, 10:44 PM
Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser? It's annoying to do, but it might solve the issue.

Itís worth noting that my mobile browser has the same issues no matter how many times I clear the cache. I get logged out after a few minutes or a couple of posts. Sometimes a single post, then when I check the replies.

I also think itís fitting that the entire website crashed shortly after champion posted his problems with it. Hahaha

Knight_Raime
03-14-2018, 11:42 PM
Honestly the only sad part about all of this is I feel like all the people i've come to recognize and some what befriend from here are either seldomly on here now or have called it quits.
Which makes me feel far less confident about giving an opinion. Or even attempting to help with information in any capacity. As I feel like my opinion is generally against the general opinion.
idk. Maybe i'm still just damaged from when these forums used to be a lot more popular and my posts were nearly always assaulted by people because I was a cent main or some other reason.

Truthfully speaking after I dump my rebalancing threads I was thinking of maybe taking a quite leave for an undetermined period of time.
As I don't truly believe people care for my opinion/advise anymore and is usually drowned out by the overwhelming amount of frustration or anger people come to drop here.

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 11:53 PM
Honestly the only sad part about all of this is I feel like all the people i've come to recognize and some what befriend from here are either seldomly on here now or have called it quits.
Which makes me feel far less confident about giving an opinion. Or even attempting to help with information in any capacity. As I feel like my opinion is generally against the general opinion.
idk. Maybe i'm still just damaged from when these forums used to be a lot more popular and my posts were nearly always assaulted by people because I was a cent main or some other reason.

Truthfully speaking after I dump my rebalancing threads I was thinking of maybe taking a quite leave for an undetermined period of time.
As I don't truly believe people care for my opinion/advise anymore and is usually drowned out by the overwhelming amount of frustration or anger people come to drop here.
I echo this sentiment. The amount of people who only come here to drop their rage and frustration has always been a constant but now that the more respectable folks who had cooler heads have stopped visiting these forums are fast becoming a cesspit of abuse for anyone that dares to try and post an opposing opinion to a rage post or try to offer advice.

Knight_Raime
03-14-2018, 11:59 PM
I echo this sentiment. The amount of people who only come here to drop their rage and frustration has always been a constant but now that the more respectable folks who had cooler heads have stopped visiting these forums are fast becoming a cesspit of abuse for anyone that dares to try and post an opposing opinion to a rage post or try to offer advice.

I've tried moving over to the competitive sub and I fit some what alright over there. But I feel waaaay out of my league over there.
Lots of people there are much more knowledgable about match ups and raw data than I am. I barely feel experienced/good enough to even participate in serious discussion over there.

CandleInTheDark
03-15-2018, 12:20 AM

People have been quietly bowing out of this forum for a while in all honestly and a lot of those who have were the lifeblood of the forum whether you agreed with them all the time or no. And yeah with them goes the constructive discussion and the just for lols discussion, I can't remember the last time a post over 20 hours old was on the front page.

I think the game itself will heal some, but all communities have a lifespan, or else they migrate to less toxic areas whether starting new or joining others when they find that their current place doesn't feel like home any more.

Dry.Fish
03-15-2018, 12:21 AM
These board are far from toxic, at least the discussion are somewhat civil.

Knight_Raime
03-15-2018, 12:42 AM
People have been quietly bowing out of this forum for a while in all honestly and a lot of those who have were the lifeblood of the forum whether you agreed with them all the time or no. And yeah with them goes the constructive discussion and the just for lols discussion, I can't remember the last time a post over 20 hours old was on the front page.

I think the game itself will heal some, but all communities have a lifespan, or else they migrate to less toxic areas whether starting new or joining others when they find that their current place doesn't feel like home any more.

True. I suppose i'll be content as long as the game itself stays pretty popular. But perhaps a break from here after I finish my work wouldn't be such a bad idea. At least until more reworks/heros drop. Or they do another drastic change to a base mechanic.

ChampionRuby50g
03-15-2018, 01:04 AM

As brashtralas said, clearing my cache hasnít helped and this was on mobile browser too.

RenegadeTX2000
03-15-2018, 04:01 AM

Nah, I like reading your posts. probably my favorite on this forum. Don't leave me lmao. Also you should never feel like coming to a forum is "work" it's just something you do when you have the free time. Shouldn't feel like a burden, and as long as it doesn't put that level of stress on you, there shouldn't be a reason why you'd stop checking out this page.

Hormly
03-15-2018, 05:44 AM
Ill be back when the WL gets his rework, or if we ever get any new customization options.

At the moment, however, it just seems like ive reached the end of the road of content.

Nothing wrong with taking a break

RenegadeTX2000
03-15-2018, 06:46 AM
Ill be back when the WL gets his rework, or if we ever get any new customization options.

At the moment, however, it just seems like ive reached the end of the road of content.

Nothing wrong with taking a break

but fighting your evil doppleganger Conqueror is fun... Ryu Vs Evil Ryu. lol

Oupyz
03-15-2018, 01:31 PM
well s5 is the best thing that came to for honor :/ , but sadly people don't like it for whatever reason

on the other hand i urge the devs to continue their agenda with rework lag compensation and back dodge changes , other than that

s5 is ++++++

Hormly
03-15-2018, 04:47 PM
but fighting your evil doppleganger Conqueror is fun... Ryu Vs Evil Ryu. lol

Ha that is how it feels. Though if they finally get around to WL and they load him up with cheap unblockables (very likely given the games apparent direction) ill probably hang it up for good.

UbiJurassic
03-15-2018, 07:24 PM
As brashtralas said, clearing my cache hasn’t helped and this was on mobile browser too.

Is it only happening on your mobile browser or does your desktop/laptop have this issue too?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to narrow down the possibilities for the issue's occurence before I look to bring it up to the forum team to look into.

ChampionRuby50g
03-15-2018, 08:35 PM
Is it only happening on your mobile browser or does your desktop/laptop have this issue too?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to narrow down the possibilities for the issue's occurence before I look to bring it up to the forum team to look into.

I do use my laptop on occasions, did a lot last week and didnít notice anything then so Iím going to say that itís a mobile browser thing, for me.

UbiJurassic
03-15-2018, 09:54 PM
I do use my laptop on occasions, did a lot last week and didn’t notice anything then so I’m going to say that it’s a mobile browser thing, for me.

Appreciate the details, ChampionRuby50g. I'll let the forum team know about it. :)

Knight_Raime
03-15-2018, 10:30 PM
Nah, I like reading your posts. probably my favorite on this forum. Don't leave me lmao. Also you should never feel like coming to a forum is "work" it's just something you do when you have the free time. Shouldn't feel like a burden, and as long as it doesn't put that level of stress on you, there shouldn't be a reason why you'd stop checking out this page.

To be 100% honest with you most days I come back here just to keep up with apperances. being named as one of the more active members that "keeps this little community active" and all.
I love the game. Have my issues and frustrations with it. But doesn't help or encourage a discussion out of me when the front page is almost always some new post raging about the same thing in a toxic mannor.

Like I truly believe that even if for honor got miles better over time (which I believe it can and will) that the community is what's going to ever keep it from resurging as a popular title. Too many people take things too seriously. It's not encouraging for vets like me to even associate with the community. I can't even imagine how things must be for a new player trying to get in.

guor6800
03-16-2018, 09:03 AM
Like I truly believe that even if for honor got miles better over time (which I believe it can and will) that the community is what's going to ever keep it from resurging as a popular title. Too many people take things too seriously. It's not encouraging for vets like me to even associate with the community. I can't even imagine how things must be for a new player trying to get in.

So if a new player joins the game his problem will be the community? Not the awful big learning curve? Not the grinding that must be done to get some reputation level and gears. The community its the whole problem ofc.

Let's be realistic Raime. It's not the community's fault that the game is going where it does. The community decided to have p2p at launch? Or the community decided to remove timesnap for the lolz?You make it sound like devs are always on point and the community is just a bunch of crybabies.

The vast majority of the people playing this game loves it in their own way.Those feelings aren't exclusively yours mate.

SpaceJim12
03-16-2018, 10:22 AM
well s5 is the best thing that came to for honor :/ , but sadly people don't like it for whatever reason

Best in what way?
People don't like it, cause S5 gives nothing to players, who spend their time and maybe money in For Honor. Content become cheap, messy. Sorry, but all that new effects looks like free stock 3D FX. Same with armor. In season 2-3 I really can't decided where to spend steel. I want new heros, want armors and executions. From start of season 5 we just keep getting more and more cheap content. From other side, gameplay do not feel good and atmospheric how it was before the middle of S4. After all fix in S3 p2p works just fine, if you have good connection. To change this to broken dedicated servers were a mistake. Aspecialy without lag compensation.
So, loose gameplay, loose content, and what in the end? Everybody for whatever reason so exited about reworks of 3...THREE! chars. Not even a roster, think about it. And we speak about reworks and balance, something that must happend occasionaly. Reworks are NOT new content at all. So we don't have any new content in S5. And I think we will no see more executions or maps. In S6 Ubi just rework another three chars and I can't imaging who could be happy about it.

Knight_Raime
03-16-2018, 12:21 PM
So if a new player joins the game his problem will be the community? Not the awful big learning curve? Not the grinding that must be done to get some reputation level and gears. The community its the whole problem ofc.

Let's be realistic Raime. It's not the community's fault that the game is going where it does. The community decided to have p2p at launch? Or the community decided to remove timesnap for the lolz?You make it sound like devs are always on point and the community is just a bunch of crybabies.

The vast majority of the people playing this game loves it in their own way.Those feelings aren't exclusively yours mate.

I uh...There isn't a steep learning curve. If there was we wouldn't have ran into the defensive meta issue so early on.

I'm not blaming the community for the state of the game (though they do have a hand in it)
No. My point is that the community is incredibly toxic. and i'm not the first person to point this out. These forums and the main subreddit should be proof enough of it.
Just because i've not pointed fingers at the devs on anything doesn't mean I think they're perfect and have done nothing wrong.

Sounds like you're the one feeling attacked here "mate." don't bother quoting me again if all you're going to do is make assumptions and not actually read what i've said.

guor6800
03-16-2018, 10:33 PM
I uh...There isn't a steep learning curve. If there was we wouldn't have ran into the defensive meta issue so early on.

I'm not blaming the community for the state of the game (though they do have a hand in it)
No. My point is that the community is incredibly toxic. and i'm not the first person to point this out. These forums and the main subreddit should be proof enough of it.
Just because i've not pointed fingers at the devs on anything doesn't mean I think they're perfect and have done nothing wrong.

Sounds like you're the one feeling attacked here "mate." don't bother quoting me again if all you're going to do is make assumptions and not actually read what i've said.

There isn't a learning curve in for honor?For real?It must feel like a walk in the park if you are new to for honor i get it.

Ofc the community has its fair share of rensponsibility but in the end of the day devs make the decisions and the community does not. The devs made decisions that doomed this title and the community is what kept them alive despite those mistakes. Saying that the community is the problem that doesn't leave for honor to be great is like shooting yourself in the leg.

Raime if you wanna have a public opinion and like to state it you must understand that people will disagree publicly with you. If i see someone writing things that i don't like i will be vocal about it whether he likes it or not. I never insulted anyone (beside kwessa1, that guy's attitude was obnoxious like no other) and try to be polite and to the point so if you don't like debating with the likes of me you can always block me and move on.

Dry.Fish
03-16-2018, 11:19 PM
When did everyone become a bunch of Nancy's?
Might as well slap you around and call you Susan.