PDA

View Full Version : Teaser...

ClearDarkzz
07-05-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.rendezvaux.com

If you would like to know more, feel free to PM me.

ClearDarkzz
07-05-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.rendezvaux.com

If you would like to know more, feel free to PM me.

ytareh
07-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Eh shouldnt that be RendezVOLKS!?

ClearDarkzz
07-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Hah, i could see how you came up with that. I actually never thought about it myself.

Choctaw111
07-06-2009, 06:47 AM
What is this going to be like?
Something like here, or better with different features?

ClearDarkzz
07-06-2009, 07:43 AM
A brief and very lacking overview of what this is about :

A place where you can communicate with fellow IL2/SoW pilots. Manage squadrons and have it listed globally so others can see and show interest in. Along with an advanced and feature rich game launcher (HyperLobby like, with tons of new features).

There will also be a section for dedicated server administrators which will allow them to register their servers and much more.

Registering once will enable you to use all the above features. My intention is to create a worldwide community of pilots and a more rich content place for us to hang out between missions.

The project spans across 3 "domains" and will feature a website, a game launcher and a community forum.

Hope that creates some interest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

danjama
07-06-2009, 08:16 AM
I winder if Hyperlobby will be adapted for SoW...

Thinking about it, how do we know SoW wont have an in-game lobby browser or similar? We might not even need a 3rd party app.

ClearDarkzz
07-06-2009, 08:23 AM
SoW might not need the game launcher part, but thats only a part of the whole project.

danjama
07-06-2009, 08:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ClearDarkzz:
SoW might not need the game launcher part, but thats only a part of the whole project. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true. If the community aspect is as ALIVE as this place used to be, or CWOS used to be, it would be nice.

ClearDarkzz
07-06-2009, 10:42 AM
A steady user count of at at least 400 online on HL tells me this community is more than just alive. It looks like we have everything, mods, tools, players..i belive there was never a community based application that delivers what this community needs in one place. A "Go-to" location.

Im creating one. Im every excited about this project and if everything goes according to plan it should launch in approximetly two months. And from that point on it'll never cease expending and getting better based on the input from the community.

Comrade_of_Eris
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
A steady user count of 400?

Take into account that approx 100 users are "servers"

I see an average of 300 users ( not counting servers on the list ) and usually between 60 and 120 or so in chat.

Those numbers are DISMAL compared to the numbers previously that were in the thousands.
Many considered it was the end for Hyperlobby when we began to see the users OR folks in chat drop below 1000.

Off topic :The mod proponents claimed they were rescuing IL2 , but the numbers never blipped when mods were released, they've always continued the steady decline.

Will SoW use Hyperlobby ? Will SoW have an internal server browser?

One only needs to read Olegs responses on the 1C website to know.....
SoW wont prohibit the use of Hyperlobby ... and states that Jiri can adapt HL if he'd like.

In game server browser ? All signs point to "yes"....Along with a comprehensive server manager developed by 1C.

We'll finally be rid of il2sc and FBD and have something more capable and more user friendly.

- Comrade

danjama
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ClearDarkzz:
A steady user count of at at least 400 online on HL tells me this community is more than just alive. It looks like we have everything, mods, tools, players..i belive there was never a community based application that delivers what this community needs in one place. A "Go-to" location.

Im creating one. Im every excited about this project and if everything goes according to plan it should launch in approximetly two months. And from that point on it'll never cease expending and getting better based on the input from the community. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree here, this community has always had several go-to places....all easily accessible...These very forums, SimHQ, 1C forums, Hyperlobby itself and all associated forums inclusing squadron websites....it's all already there. HL has a dedicated chat area, so people can ask questions or discuss whatever they like. I'm not trying to dampen your spirit, in fact, i admire you and all others who do things like this as they can only improve the community, i'm just saying you can't paint it as something that's never been done before, when it's not true.