PDA

View Full Version : Unique Themes for Maps on FC5

Shinyt4pestry71
03-13-2018, 08:57 PM
Hoping to see some maps that take risk and think outside the box. As a map maker, I try to come up with some unique/different settings for maps. On FC3 (XBOX360), I worked with other great mappers to publish FC3 Funeral Home, Tornado Alley, FC3 Car Wash, FC3 University, Telluride Ski Resort and American Pickers to name a few. Some of the themes I would love to do on FC5 would be a Nursing Home Setting, Hatfield's vs. McCoy's, Escape Room w/timer, Living off the Grid theme, Mardi Gras theme w/unique floats and many others. It's one of the main reasons I love playing multiplayer on FarCry. One match you're playing on a Spongebob map and the next on a Giant Pizza. Variety never gets old. Would love to hear other different/unique themes from other mappers.

A_Combi_Stick
03-13-2018, 09:20 PM
I'd love to see unique and interesting themes that actually end up playing well. Too many maps are just a custom asset plopped down into a garbage map unfortunately.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
03-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Hoping to see some maps that take risk and think outside the box. As a map maker, I try to come up with some unique/different settings for maps. On FC3 (XBOX360), I worked with other great mappers to publish FC3 Funeral Home, Tornado Alley, FC3 Car Wash, FC3 University, Telluride Ski Resort and American Pickers to name a few. Some of the themes I would love to do on FC5 would be a Nursing Home Setting, Hatfield's vs. McCoy's, Escape Room w/timer, Living off the Grid theme, Mardi Gras theme w/unique floats and many others. It's one of the main reasons I love playing multiplayer on FarCry. One match you're playing on a Spongebob map and the next on a Giant Pizza. Variety never gets old. Would love to hear other different/unique themes from other mappers.

I have always enjoyed playing all those maps. Shiny. Its really great when the map editor get the visuals right with custom made objects and the game play. I hope to see some of the great mappers coming back. As much as we been disappointed in Ubisoft's decisions with the past Far Cry's. I really see Far Cry 5 shaping up to be the best Far Cry ever. We will have to see.

DrShakez
03-14-2018, 09:24 AM
Theme has always been really important to me. I don't think I've made a regular Far Cry themed map since Instincts. Not that there's anything wrong with a Himalayan FC4 map, or a Hope County FC5 map, but I usually try to come up with things that you wouldn't think the editor was designed to do.

Ol Barakus
03-16-2018, 03:48 PM
I'll probs most def be making a giant toilet map again lol

beastxavenged
03-16-2018, 03:55 PM
The stress test is unplayable for me and i more than meet the requirement and only get 10 fps at 1920 by 1080

intel core i5-7600

16 gigs ram
and gtx 1060 6 gig edition

anonamix
03-16-2018, 03:59 PM
I'd like to do a series of horror themed maps (Bates Motel, Camp Crystal Lake, Overlook Hotel, etc..).

Also maps themed from tv shows (Sunnyvale Trailer Park will be a must, with a gravestone and liquor bottle easter egg for Lahey.)

Ol Barakus
03-16-2018, 04:07 PM
I made a custom X-Wing in FC2. Everyone loved it. I thought it was **** personally.

My Millenium Falcon was a bit better, but I still thought it was ****.

Death Star was pretty cool though considering there was no snap for those pieces.

The Death Star looks ace mate! Sooo damn smooth...awesome!

Death weapons done a brilliant job on the 360 too!

usmovers_02
03-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Detail objects may not always effect the gameplay of the map but they add soul which to me is even more important than layout