PDA

View Full Version : Object library in the FC5 editor.

Jaavaa
03-13-2018, 07:42 PM
I do not know all the new features of the new editor, but I imagine that it will not include a library to store the created custom objects and use them when we create another map.
I would very much like to have this option. It would facilitate the construction of some maps.

akilyoung
03-13-2018, 07:45 PM
Hey Jaavaa! No, Not on the build we have, however, this IS something we have asked for. Would be a great addition!

usmovers_02
03-13-2018, 07:48 PM
What I did late in FC2s life was anytime I was about to make something custom that I expected to use more than once I would build it on a blank map. Then next time I built a custom object I'd build it on the same map until I had a map full of custom pieces. Then when I wanted to make a real map I'd load that one up, delete the objects I wasn't expecting to use and then save as.

Jaavaa
03-13-2018, 07:49 PM
Thanks Akil. Hopefully they can include it in a future update. It's very practical now that we have texturizable geometrical pieces.

Jaavaa
03-13-2018, 07:54 PM
usmovers_02

I take note. It is an idea although not ideal

usmovers_02
03-13-2018, 07:57 PM
usmovers_02

I take note. It is an idea although not ideal
No not ideal at all but still time saving.

DrShakez
03-14-2018, 09:55 AM
What I did late in FC2s life was anytime I was about to make something custom that I expected to use more than once I would build it on a blank map. Then next time I built a custom object I'd build it on the same map until I had a map full of custom pieces. Then when I wanted to make a real map I'd load that one up, delete the objects I wasn't expecting to use and then save as.

This is a good idea, and probably the best work around for the time being.

Also, if I know that I'm going to reuse a custom piece in the same map multiple times, it helps greatly to build it outside the map (in an unused corner or something). Then if I need it again, I can easily reselect and copy it. Otherwise, it can be a real drag to reselect something that has other objects around it.

Browndog63
03-14-2018, 10:54 AM
I take it then it is not possible to copy from one map and paste to another?

Jaavaa
03-14-2018, 12:13 PM
No, you can not copy and paste objects from one map to another. It could be an acceptable option. "Library maps"

DapperHayden007
03-14-2018, 01:24 PM
Ive said this for a LONG time, a blueprints system would be truly awesome, has anyone here played planet coaster? They feature a blueprints system on steam and it works flawlessly

Ol Barakus
03-14-2018, 09:02 PM
Hey Dapper, long time no-see lol. Its ok, u probs dont remember me :o (i made a toilet, which you likened to a bouncy castle in a map review lol).

Yeah, i played Planet Coaster, and thought the map editor was excellent! Although i still get frustrated using mouse&keyboard.
Also Cities: Skylines has something similar.

Would love to have this in FC5..which has got me itching to get back into mapping!

legacyzero
03-14-2018, 11:11 PM
This is such an amazing idea.

I also think there would be a lot less low-quality maps if people had a resource library of uploaded object builds to download and use, made by other players