PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Captions over aircraft????

gothkrieger
03-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Donít know why anything changed but I now get bubble type captions appearing over enemy aircraft when I am shooting at them, something about bailing out. Also some aircraft seem to have these light lines extending above and below the aircraft. I am sure they are both related but I donít know how to turn them off. Can someone let me know what to turn off or modify INI file to remove them. I really donít know why they are coming now.
Thanks

gothkrieger
03-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Donít know why anything changed but I now get bubble type captions appearing over enemy aircraft when I am shooting at them, something about bailing out. Also some aircraft seem to have these light lines extending above and below the aircraft. I am sure they are both related but I donít know how to turn them off. Can someone let me know what to turn off or modify INI file to remove them. I really donít know why they are coming now.
Thanks

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 10:00 AM
You have Arcade=1 in your conf.ini file in the root Il-2 directory. It's good for showing you where your bullets hit and what the AI are doing.

gothkrieger
03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Now that is strange, I have had arcade turned on for weeks now for that very reason and just last night it started to dispaly this, I wonder why it did not display all those other times I played the sim. No matter, now that I know what it is I can turn it off and on (even though it may not come on right away LOL)

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Only works in single player. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gothkrieger
03-10-2011, 10:31 AM
If by single player you mean not flying against somebody on line, then yes, I have only ever played the sim in single player mode as | have never yet flown online, so I don't think that was the reason.

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Hmmm, maybe it only works in QMB then? I dunno, someone'll chime in before long.

gothkrieger
03-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Its all good, as long as turning arcade off removes them. It was showing up everywhere in the sim, but then it was not showing up anywhere before that and arcade was turned on. So I will turn arcade off tonite and hope it will remove it. Thanks for the help.