PDA

View Full Version : 10% extra steel & XP in RANKED is an insult to the community

Tyrjo
03-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Do the devs want people to play their ranked modes? I sure doesn't seem like it. Any game worth its money has populated ranked game modes. Playing unranked in those games is regarded as something beginners do. Not only does a low populated game mode increase queue times, it also makes the match making worse, since eventually you get teamed up with, or against player too far from your tier.

The difference in rewards compared to unranked is ridiculously low. 10% more...really? Make it a 100% more and would be worthwhile. Damien is holding on to his steel in such a manner that it actually hurts the game in the long run.

Yeah, I understand that steel sales produce some cash flow for Ubisoft management to still allow some actual dev time go into the game. But if they are "in it for the long run", which have been said time after time on the dev stream, low steel gain and under populated game modes hurt the game and annoy the player base. The game is the players, as long as the players are pleased Ubisoft have a strong IP they can build on for years. If not... :(

I love this game. I play it too much. I want the right decisions to be made so it can reach its potential, it's not there yet...

Roseguard_Cpt
03-13-2018, 05:24 PM
Most games with ranked modes that are popular are also ESports, looking a League and Overwatch specifically. While I love For Honor I don't think it's quite ready to make that step up, at least not until Lag Compensation comes out.
Once connections are stabilized, lag is compensated, and major balancing is all done, then a game maker can focus on competitive modes. We've got servers now which is wonderful, we'll get lag comp hopefully soon, and I'll reserve my comments about balancing a couple characters.
Ultimately this game is on the right track to become a major competitive game, but it's not quite ready yet. Once at least 2 of those 3 aforementioned conditions are met a game can usually go competitive while the final task is worked, usually balance being the final task as it's ever ongoing.

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 05:29 PM
They selling same effect for a different animations separately.. so, i will not expect.. But im expect that they working on improving the ranked.

UbiJurassic
03-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Do the devs want people to play their ranked modes? I sure doesn't seem like it. Any game worth its money has populated ranked game modes. Playing unranked in those games is regarded as something beginners do. Not only does a low populated game mode increase queue times, it also makes the match making worse, since eventually you get teamed up with, or against player too far from your tier.

The difference in rewards compared to unranked is ridiculously low. 10% more...really? Make it a 100% more and would be worthwhile. Damien is holding on to his steel in such a manner that it actually hurts the game in the long run.

Yeah, I understand that steel sales produce some cash flow for Ubisoft management to still allow some actual dev time go into the game. But if they are "in it for the long run", which have been said time after time on the dev stream, low steel gain and under populated game modes hurt the game and annoy the player base. The game is the players, as long as the players are pleased Ubisoft have a strong IP they can build on for years. If not... :(

I love this game. I play it too much. I want the right decisions to be made so it can reach its potential, it's not there yet...

Thanks for the feedback on the recent change to ranked, Tyrjo. While the 10% boost may seem minor, it is only the first of the updates to Ranked that the team is looking to add in order to give more incentive to play for players. When we have more details on the additional changes coming to ranked, we'll ensure players remain informed.

Tyrjo
03-13-2018, 09:07 PM
Looking forward to it!

RoosterIlluzion
03-14-2018, 01:19 AM
Here's some feedback for your ranked mode: fix the dedicated servers. Every other mode i have no problems with network, but as soon as I'm in ranked I get lag, moves are slower for some reason, and I even killed my opponent with execution, then 2 seconds later it rewinds and I'm dead. WTF?
I'm gonna give the players the benefit of the doubt because they have green bars, so it's probably not cheating.