PDA

View Full Version : FF for Dominion.

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 05:16 AM
So, this is it. We playing a game based on accuracy and timings, very punishing for mistakes, etc. This is a core of this game. It's working before we leave a kozy Duels.
In the Dominion, that currently is very popular mode, we see a strange things.

1. Damaging feets should stop using a friendly\enemy multiplayers. Ok, boy just land your hellfire in the middle of the fight with less risk to you friends.

2. Usual attacks should doing a full damage to allies. No more of a thoughtless halberds landed into the crowd without a reasonable consequences. Probably, it'll makes a teamplay even more clear, and gives us a new layer to master or at least to learn.

Maybe, this will greatly change the game itself in this particular mode. Of course, it's necessary to come up with a system of penalties.

ChampionRuby50g
03-13-2018, 05:37 AM
Attacks should never do full damage to allies. It has way too much potential to be abused and used in a toxic way. You think the player slamming heavy attacks into your back to steal the kill youíve been working on will care when he kills you? Not at all, it just means more points for him when they go and revive you. Increasing FF has no benefit to the allies, and no negatives to the player hurting you. This will not solve anything. Think about the bots too, the amount of times they get in my way and hit me with attacks is beyond a joke. If Iím getting killed by friendly bots in the future, Iím selling the game.

JadeBosson.
03-13-2018, 05:49 AM
all of what champion said

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Ok. Casual explanation is not working here, because for me personaly is not a goal - care about casuals.

CandleInTheDark
03-13-2018, 12:52 PM
Honestly what Champion says is right unless a lot is changed.

As you said there would need to be a system of penalties, hit ally so many times or do so much damage to ally a day (can be abuseable if people figure out how many per match), kicked from the game, matchmaking ban on a sliding scale for the number of kicks they have had.

As Champion said, bots would need to be refined so that they did not hit allies so much, you can't work with a bot, only around them.

I think 100% is a little much for attacks (undecided on feats), natural inclination when you see an ally in front of you is oh hell, try to pull the blow, I'd say 75% if there was such a thing.

Remove revenge, if you are going realistic in friendly fire then that is the balance to that, no knockdown, no attack bonus, no crutch to get you out of my team sucked in elimination or I tried to be a 1v4 badass and am in a jam.

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 01:07 PM
Honestly what Champion says is right unless a lot is changed.

As you said there would need to be a system of penalties, hit ally so many times or do so much damage to ally a day (can be abuseable of people figure out how many per match), kicked from the game, matchmaking ban on a sliding scale for the number of kicks they have had.

As Champion said, bots would need to be refined so that they did not hit allies so much, you can't work with a bot, only around them.

I think 100% is a little much for attacks (undecided on feats), natural inclination when you see an ally in front of you is oh hell, try to pull the blow, I'd say 75% if there was such a thing.

Remove revenge, if you are going realistic in friendly fire then that is the balance to that, no knockdown, no attack bonus, no crutch to get you out of my team sucked in elimination or I tried to be a 1v4 badass and am in a jam.

I'm not saying it's easy but it worth it...? It's not necessary to do this in a one-hit combo. Maybe, there will be enough to just increase FF damage for a little. Just to make ppl align themself, think about from wich side to attack and when. Becasue a problem is exist right now, i can't get a lot of damage from teammates but they is just interrupt alot of your moves and that could be a fatal sometimes. It's not obvious for them or they don't care. They already should be punished by teammates or gamelogic.

Kryltic
03-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Easy solution? Bots don't inflict full damage like a normal person. They could remain unchanged.

If a player inflicts a set limit of damage to team mates (eg 300hp), they are booted and take a matchmaking penalty. If it happens twice in a row or three times in a day then another stronger punishment is needed. Perhaps any matchmaking penalty for the next 24hrs is an hour ban?

Also anytime you kill a team mate you take a score loss, reviving the team mate will only grant you half of what you lost and contribute nothing to your next feat. Also any kills you get within a particular time window (eg 10 seconds) scores you nothing. That would discourage team killing and offer no reward for doing it to steal a kill.

Roseguard_Cpt
03-13-2018, 04:26 PM
Recently while playing customs with some of my buddies they noticed that ganking the bots on my team in a 3v1 lead to renown loss of about 10 or so. I think a way to balance the idea of friendly fire would be to impose penalties both in match and out of match. Kill an ally in a match once? Some little "Betrayal" popup in the log and minus a chunk of renown and then perhaps a 20 second gap in which renown cannot be gained, so they cannot be rewarded for reviving the player. 2 allies killed maybe have a "[Player] is TRAITOR" popup like when someone goes "Heroic", and this would lead to a halt of renown gain for the player. Kill 3 allies, boot from match with the ten minute penalty. Big issue with this I can see however is if your allies are low and you accidentally last-hit them.
These punishments are of course up for tweaking but a general idea.
I mostly agree with Candle but feel like we should still have revenge, no knockdown or attack bonus, but a little overshield to help you hold out while allies (hopefully) come to help. We could always bring back the Old S1 gearstats to replace revenge mode attack and such, but mostly I wanna have my LB outrun assassins again.

Devils-_-legacy
03-13-2018, 04:30 PM
I would love of when you get killed by a noob teammate they get hit with a -renown atm there is no punishment for killing your team the amount of times a kensie has stood behind me and spammed aoe but the most they have done is kill me