PDA

View Full Version : Please consider adding more game modes post launch

Fallen.Ninja
03-13-2018, 04:12 AM
The best thing that has happened to Ubisoft in the past few years is RS6. The way the game has progressed is actually pretty impressive. In all honesty I though that game was DOA.

To everyone's surprise Ubisoft stood by the game and now its a contender for one of the most active and live communities around.

Ubisoft managed to do this by constantly adding more content in the form of maps and operators, as well as making tweaks and changes to balance the maps and the game experience for the end user.

So know I feel like Ubisoft has a different mindset when it comes to releasing new games. Ship it, support it, love it.

This excites me for Far Cry 5 and its Arcade mode. I can easily see them adding content for the first year, and if we, the community support and continue to enjoy the game. We might have a chance to receive more updates and maybe even a "season 2". Full of add ons for the map editor and such.

One of the Add ons that I would love to see during the first year of the game, if the player base allows it, is to add more game modes to the Arcade PVP mode.

For Example:

https://guides.gamepressure.com/battlefieldbadcompany/gfx/word/854124421.jpg

They drop the Vietnam DLC
- includes map editor assets
- new game mode, a battlefield like RUSH mode with its own spawn points. Moving bases that follow the attack sites and playable area that follows the attack sites aswell.

It doesnt have to be that mode in particular but something similar to it that would give map makes something new to make and add a another wrinkle to the amount of things that can be achieved.

I can see all of our talented mappers making a interesting PVP story that flows and progresses along with the map design.

Or even just something like a search and destroy mode. These could be only in private lobbies for a while to not ruin the public pvp...

http://cdn.callofduty.com/hub/news/493/Silo_Overhead_map8.11_large.jpg

Just something i'm thinking about while my wife is shopping for clothes and im waiting lol...

ducain23
03-13-2018, 09:09 AM
If I get my Race Gamemode then I'll be happy... but I do agree there needs to be more or at least a bunch of options to kinda create our own :)

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-13-2018, 02:59 PM
If they add any new modes, it will likely be a domination/control mode, i cant see them adding anything besides that.

AW LOST SOLDIER
03-13-2018, 03:08 PM
Maybe other modes like racing and zombies could be an offshoot of the main mp section.

SilentProdigy69
03-13-2018, 07:40 PM
im still hoping for a race mode and capture the flag!!!

usmovers_02
03-13-2018, 07:50 PM
I assure you, We have asked for this. That said, extensive post launch support is planned, fingers crossed!

Despite them not actually saying anything and their bad history this is why I'm here. Rainbow Six has given me hope we'll see the same treatment

Shinyt4pestry71
03-13-2018, 09:07 PM
Would love to see a "Hunter's Mode" in FC5. Assign different point totals to different animals and tally the score up at the end of the match. With different vehicles at your disposal, a nice large map would be great. Set the timer and let the hunt begin.

AlexoEx0
03-15-2018, 04:35 AM
Yes we need more modes, will keep bumping posts like these.

Ol Barakus
03-15-2018, 08:59 AM
"The enemy diamonds are back in their base...they are taunting you!"

Please give us diamonds back :mad:

DrShakez
03-15-2018, 02:46 PM
"The enemy diamonds are back in their base...they are taunting you!"

Please give us diamonds back :mad:

Steal the sample was my favorite version. Being able to toss the sample was awesome.

Ol Barakus
03-15-2018, 03:10 PM
I never played that, but for sure that would be better!

usmovers_02
03-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Dude... TDM is only dominated by campers on bad maps...

Also the mapper has control over respawn times.

anonamix
03-16-2018, 09:21 PM
I'd assume it's too close to launch to add a lot. Probably more just making what they do have work as well as possible.

I was huge fan of steal the sample and predator modes. It seemed you could create a lot of different experiences with those. And diamonds! Any CTF mode would be VERY welcome.
BountyHunt seems like it could be cool to build around for MP.. Like a VIP or Protect the pimp if you will.

This is a totally random idea.. But it would be cool to add a diminishing play area. Or hot spots you could activate to narrow the map's zone. We could make large maps for 12 people to dm with a pubg/fortnite vibe. 2v2v2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3v3 would be a nice option for this type of mode or maybe for larger maps in general?

Either way, I am optimistic that we will be able to create some unique experiences with the customization provided. Asymmetrical loadouts excite me. And vehicles make me happy. Maybe build a base with decent anti-air support and the other team in a hanger with bombers.. could be a unique TDM.
Hell, I've seen people build a wall between two teams and call it grenade dodgeball.. Maybe it wasnt a featured game mode.. but it was fun as hell.

AlexoEx0
03-17-2018, 05:43 AM
Capture the bible to fit the Christian cult theme for Far Cry 5!

Ol Barakus
03-17-2018, 10:08 AM
This is a totally random idea.. But it would be cool to add a diminishing play area. Or hot spots you could activate to narrow the map's zone. We could make large maps for 12 people to dm with a pubg/fortnite vibe. 2v2v2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3v3 would be a nice option for this type of mode or maybe for larger maps in general?

Im not exactly a fan of the battle royale system, but 2v2v2v2v2v2/ 3v3v3v3 sounds cool, in normal TDM mode..essentially squad deatmatch. Like you say..it could well make the larger maps "seem" smaller.

Capture the bible to fit the Christian cult theme for Far Cry 5!

Hahahaaa

ReVoLVingVecToR
03-19-2018, 12:11 AM
Capture the bible to fit the Christian cult theme for Far Cry 5! Yeah, Capture the Bible on one team side and Bliss canister on the opposing team side.

Jaxru
03-20-2018, 04:49 AM
I'm super hopeful for some gamemode where you don't respawn immediatly after death. I would love me some Search and Destroy, or just a Last Man/Team Standing gamemode. It would play out so different than regular TDM/DM. Please Ubisoft, give us a LTS/LMS mode, it wouldn't/shouldn't take long to implement from the existing gamemodes.

Another thing would be a Hardcore mode, where shots are lethal. Ubisoft, pretty please

zeeEVIL1
03-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Back on Predator, I created a steal the sample map called Far Cry Football. The map was a big rectangular enclosed area with stands and end zones and tall walls separating the yardage lines to create a maze. We had so much fun on this map, throwing the sample over walls to another player was a blast.
My favorite more was Seek and Secure. To me it is the best mode to use on custom maps because you can control a lot of flow in the map. I really hope they bring it back.