PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubisoft, im Done.

CptMatsumaru
03-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Read the Edit first:
Before you continue reading, it's an old post and does not affect the current content of For Honor.

Read the Edit first:
Before you continue reading, it's an old post and does not affect the current content of For Honor.

Read the Edit first:

Read the Edit first:
Dear Ubisoft Team.

You took my money, you took my time.
What did you do with it?
For Honor Open Beta was awesome.

All heroes were about the same size.

Now I have to realize that there are some heroes, only spamming "unbreakbles".

The heroes could not do that. I never could remember that some hero was playing right away. No.

Today? Have you ever played a match in Dominion against Centurio? I do not see anyone playing differently. Only: Heavy (hold) heavy (unbreakble) Jump Hevy. OR heavy, grabble / grab.

I do NOT see anything else. Now one or the other will say: If you know, why do not you just block it? Yes sorry. I always forget to block when I get attacked by 4 people.
Do not you realize that the balance between the old and new heroes is getting worse?
And do you want to mess it up again by messing up the old heroes like the Kensei with his "side dodge hit"? And REMOVE Shinobi distance/range attacks. its ********.

I just say: BACK to the rules. back to the classic gameplay. BACK to the old school meleefight.

Ubisoft, do you actually play your games yourself? Do not you realize that your game modes are boring?

The only good thing was Dominion. Now its only Gankdominaparty. 4 vs 1. last hope? `Leave match and wait 10mins.

Duel mode, almost dead.
Tribute mode dead.
Deatmatch dead.
Tournament? dead. maybe one match in a day.

Your community is pissed off.
No beginner will enjoy the online game anymore.
You sometimes need 200 hours to decide on a game for you. Why? If you are able to parry all attacks 100%, months pass by.

Then there would be times PVE Modes attached.
I do not mean the bot matches. too easy.
Mabye like: Test your metal?
Or sometimes a new mode such as: 2 vs all.

A two team going against a number of opponents. There is always only one fighter against the boss.
Should your mate fall, you go into the ring. Should you defeat the boss, you will revive your mate.
And you come to the next boss.
After 5 rounds you will be asked: another 5 rounds or reward.
the further you get the better.

There are enough ideas for your modes.
Yes, we know a lot of time has been lost for your bugs, disconnects and servers.

But how can you be so anxious to take our money and make it all worse?
Not only do I want to get new optical items or more and more reasons to buy game currency for real money.

We want to have another reason to get online.

Day quest, ok, its fine.
every day the same quests? boring.
OK.
Next motivation ... ehm ...
Playing with friends ... oh ... ya ... if my mate would not fly out every second round.

OH a comunity event ... oh ... do so and so many.

PLS ... PLS .... make For honor great again.

I really love this game very much.
It has hit my taste 100%.

Now For Honor is slowly getting on with my health and my wear on keyboards and controllers as well.
I will consume my 30 days "vip" status and then I'm done with For Honor. 100euro and 300 hours ... almost for nothing.

Your "toxic kid" Matsumaru.

i hope translate works. My english is useless.

RenegadeRasta
03-13-2018, 12:45 AM
Good post. I agree with everything. I get in the game, do the orders, and get out.

This game so aggravating.

Sauronbaine
03-13-2018, 01:08 AM
I read up until someone started complaining about Centurion.

He's low B tier for a reason. -eyeroll-

Too many people suck at this game and come complaining.

ZealousCloud
03-13-2018, 01:53 AM
Translate from Google

Dear Ubisoft Team.

You took my money, you took my time.
What did you do with it?
For Honor Open Beta was awesome.

All heroes were about the same size.

Now I have to realize that there are some heroes, only spamming "unbreakbles".

The heroes could not do that. I never could remember that some hero was playing right away. No.

Today? Have you ever played a match in Dominion against Centurio? I do not see anyone playing differently. Only: Heavy (hold) heavy (unbreakble) Jump Hevy. OR heavy, grabble / grab.

I do NOT see anything else. Now one or the other will say: If you know, why do not you just block it? Yes sorry. I always forget to block when I get attacked by 4 people.
Do not you realize that the balance between the old and new heroes is getting worse?
And do you want to mess it up again by messing up the old heroes like the Kensei with his "side dodge hit"? And REMOVE Shinobi distance/range attacks. its ********.

I just say: BACK to the rules. back to the classic gameplay. BACK to the old school meleefight.

Ubisoft, do you actually play your games yourself? Do not you realize that your game modes are boring?

The only good thing was Dominion. Now its only Gankdominaparty. 4 vs 1. last hope? `Leave match and wait 10mins.

Duel mode, almost dead.
Tribute mode dead.
Deatmatch dead.
Tournament? dead. maybe one match in a day.

Your community is pissed off.
No beginner will enjoy the online game anymore.
You sometimes need 200 hours to decide on a game for you. Why? If you are able to parry all attacks 100%, months pass by.

Then there would be times PVE Modes attached.
I do not mean the bot matches. too easy.
Mabye like: Test your metal?
Or sometimes a new mode such as: 2 vs all.

A two team going against a number of opponents. There is always only one fighter against the boss.
Should your mate fall, you go into the ring. Should you defeat the boss, you will revive your mate.
And you come to the next boss.
After 5 rounds you will be asked: another 5 rounds or reward.
the further you get the better.

There are enough ideas for your modes.
Yes, we know a lot of time has been lost for your bugs, disconnects and servers.

But how can you be so anxious to take our money and make it all worse?
Not only do I want to get new optical items or more and more reasons to buy game currency for real money.

We want to have another reason to get online.

Day quest, ok, its fine.
every day the same quests? boring.
OK.
Next motivation ... ehm ...
Playing with friends ... oh ... ya ... if my mate would not fly out every second round.

OH a comunity event ... oh ... do so and so many.

PLS ... PLS .... make For honor great again.

I really love this game very much.
It has hit my taste 100%.

Now For Honor is slowly getting on with my health and my wear on keyboards and controllers as well.
I will consume my 30 days "vip" status and then I'm done with For Honor. 100euro and 300 hours ... almost for nothing.

Your "toxic kid" Matsumaru.

i hope translate works. My english is useless.

Omfg, I'm so done hearing "For Honor was the best in beta!" You know what happened in BETA? People throwing random attacks that seemed to work at the time because NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THE MECHANICS. Sack up and say you suck because you can't learn. I've been playing since beta, and every single damn day after. It's still a great game, and im not the best, I get my *** kicked regularly. This beta bull needs to just end. Games change, adapt and conquer or gtfo. Absolutely no one cares if a single player leaves because of a fighting game, it happens. The people that log in every single day like myself don't care, the community is strong, and thriving. End rant

HazelrahFirefly
03-13-2018, 02:10 AM
Is it? Is it thriving?

I have my strong doubts. It surged because of the start of S5, but more and more people are quitting. The game is a **** ton of nonsense now.

Sauronbaine
03-13-2018, 02:18 AM
Is it? Is it thriving?

I have my strong doubts. It surged because of the start of S5, but more and more people are quitting. The game is a **** ton of nonsense now.

I disgree. I think things are going in the proper direction. Finally classes that were complete crap are being improved. They are FINALLY doing something right instead of introducing more heroes. Now they are finetuning the game and making things better.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 08:30 AM
I read up until someone started complaining about Centurion.

He's low B tier for a reason. -eyeroll-

Too many people suck at this game and come complaining.

Please read my text again.
Did I say anything about the Centurio being heavy?
Or did I say that everyone is going to play him right now?
Like the Kensei?
You are just like many developers.
Not reading correctly and developing your own fantasy.
This is not about what you understand, but about what I say.
You think For Honor is on the right track?
Then please play in the current time alone with a classic hero.
To play with friends? If the group would stay together without the irgeneinder flies out of the group, sure.

Edit: And about beta.

I bought the game because it was still good in beta and until season 3.

I did not buy it and I would not have bought it if it was the same in beta as it was today.
And you also think that everyone can not play and therefore only lose.

Alright. So you mean you learn in the bot matches how to deal with gank.
Alright.
And you also think that everything gets better with Emoji Spamming? Just the salt Emoji?
Instead of just dyeing "armor" black, the developers should think about whether the game is suitable for every man or wants to reach Esports level.
But for Esports level it will never happen. There is a lot missing for that.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 08:38 AM
Omfg, I'm so done hearing "For Honor was the best in beta!" You know what happened in BETA? People throwing random attacks that seemed to work at the time because NO ONE KNEW ABOUT THE MECHANICS. Sack up and say you suck because you can't learn. I've been playing since beta, and every single damn day after. It's still a great game, and im not the best, I get my *** kicked regularly. This beta bull needs to just end. Games change, adapt and conquer or gtfo. Absolutely no one cares if a single player leaves because of a fighting game, it happens. The people that log in every single day like myself don't care, the community is strong, and thriving. End rant

Yes exactly.
I was in the beta. Open Beta.
And yes, nobody knew what he was doing. Correct.

And now you think, everyone knows now what he does? Do you really think your toxic community is the right answer?

You are the same as in Game constantly ganking and think that would be good?
Do not you notice that the comunity is getting smaller and more aggresive?
No. because you also belong to those who constantly make 4 vs 1.
Because you certainly do not conquer more but spawncampst same.
Yes exactly.
We are all noobs. can not play the game and howl around it.
No, we just do not always go down to that level.
I will not follow this crowd saying: And? then we just gank.

the game is called FOR HONOR. FOR Honor. You know? For Honor. WHY IS NOTHING IN THIS GAME WITH HONOR?
(Specific to Dominion and Balance.)

If I only realized that Ubisoft said the game would be so perfect and plan a For Honor 2, then it was the last time Ubisoft got a dime from me.

Sauronbaine
03-13-2018, 09:33 AM
I was in Open Beta as well and I think the game as it is is better than it was in Open Beta.

All you saw in Open Beta was Peace Keepers, Wardens and Orochis. Peacekeeper was EXTREMELY broken and overpowered back in Beta and was NOT fun.

Sure we have Shaman but Peacekeeper was on a different level back then.

So yes, I think the current agme is better and I do play alot of original heroes.

Xil_h
03-13-2018, 09:37 AM
Yes exactly.
I was in the beta. Open Beta.
And yes, nobody knew what he was doing. Correct.

And now you think, everyone knows now what he does? Do you really think your toxic community is the right answer?

You are the same as in Game constantly ganking and think that would be good?
Do not you notice that the comunity is getting smaller and more aggresive?
No. because you also belong to those who constantly make 4 vs 1.
Because you certainly do not conquer more but spawncampst same.
Yes exactly.
We are all noobs. can not play the game and howl around it.
No, we just do not always go down to that level.
I will not follow this crowd saying: And? then we just gank.

the game is called FOR HONOR. FOR Honor. You know? For Honor. WHY IS NOTHING IN THIS GAME WITH HONOR?
(Specific to Dominion and Balance.)

If I only realized that Ubisoft said the game would be so perfect and plan a For Honor 2, then it was the last time Ubisoft got a dime from me.

Du bist nicht weniger toxisch.

You have trouble fighting Centurion: play vs bot and learn the dodge timing. Don't parry the heavy, just block. Dodge the unblockable.

You have trouble against ranged attacks from shinobi: LOL. They are easy to block. Learn to parry and you can punish him hard. Ranged GB is a joke, I always love when they do it.

Kensei: Don't fall for his mind games. Play your own mind game with him. And again parry his side dodge attacks...

I am myself still learning to parry lights. But it's so rewarding if u can do it. I am still a fairly new player to the game just FYI. (less game time than you)

I am playing mainly Nobushi from the old cast and I also started Kensei before the rework. I lose and win as much vs old cast as I do vs the new heroes.

Tribute is not dead. I play it often and don't search for longer than 1 minute.

Dominion is not dead. I do agree it's getting a little bit of a gank fest. But it feels soooo good when you kill them 1vX. Just killed 3 out of 4 yesterday the moment their team started breaking. The 'wow' spams felt good.

Elimination is dead, I agree.

Playing with friends wasn't too much of a trouble for me at least. Sometimes one drops. Or sometimes one of us, usually not the host, gets stuck in 'joining game' screen while the host is playing. Weird thing is that the teams always were full as if someone took my spot.

I cannot grasp why people destroy their keyboards or controllers...
Take a break if this is an issue.

Play an endless duel for some time to train parrying. It helps me.

Don't just cry. Train to fight the so called op heroes. It will be twice as satisfying to beat them and see them start the rage :)

SpaceJim12
03-13-2018, 09:48 AM
I disgree. I think things are going in the proper direction. Finally classes that were complete crap are being improved. They are FINALLY doing something right instead of introducing more heroes. Now they are finetuning the game and making things better.

Well, if close p2p, that you fixed almost year, to realise dedicated servers, that you will fix next year is a proper direction for you, well, fine.
If made old charse same stupid as Shaman and Gladiator are proper direction for you, well, fine.
And above all, if replace real new content with recolor mythical armor and messy mask with cheap effects, that forced you buy currency for real money are a proper direction, well, fine.

I believe than, devs can add pink rabbit with machinegun and you'll still say "game going in the proper direction"

guor6800
03-13-2018, 10:12 AM
Well, if close p2p, that you fixed almost year, to realise dedicated servers, that you will fix next year is a proper direction for you, well, fine.
If made old charse same stupid as Shaman and Gladiator are proper direction for you, well, fine.
And above all, if replace real new content with recolor mythical armor and messy mask with cheap effects, that forced you buy currency for real money are a proper direction, well, fine.

I believe than, devs can add pink rabbit with machinegun and you'll still say "game going in the proper direction"

I mean this. What's the right approach? The devs even now can't decide if they are to balance around PC or console. Or what mode is going to be the mode-to-go for the game. 1v1? 4v4?

I guess some people are happy getting "new"spiked armor and memes effect. But imo that's not what a medieval fighting game is about.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 10:22 AM
Du bist nicht weniger toxisch.

You have trouble fighting Centurion: play vs bot and learn the dodge timing. Don't parry the heavy, just block. Dodge the unblockable.

You have trouble against ranged attacks from shinobi: LOL. They are easy to block. Learn to parry and you can punish him hard. Ranged GB is a joke, I always love when they do it.

Kensei: Don't fall for his mind games. Play your own mind game with him. And again parry his side dodge attacks...

I am myself still learning to parry lights. But it's so rewarding if u can do it. I am still a fairly new player to the game just FYI. (less game time than you)

I am playing mainly Nobushi from the old cast and I also started Kensei before the rework. I lose and win as much vs old cast as I do vs the new heroes.

Tribute is not dead. I play it often and don't search for longer than 1 minute.

Dominion is not dead. I do agree it's getting a little bit of a gank fest. But it feels soooo good when you kill them 1vX. Just killed 3 out of 4 yesterday the moment their team started breaking. The 'wow' spams felt good.

Elimination is dead, I agree.

Playing with friends wasn't too much of a trouble for me at least. Sometimes one drops. Or sometimes one of us, usually not the host, gets stuck in 'joining game' screen while the host is playing. Weird thing is that the teams always were full as if someone took my spot.

I cannot grasp why people destroy their keyboards or controllers...
Take a break if this is an issue.

Play an endless duel for some time to train parrying. It helps me.

Don't just cry. Train to fight the so called op heroes. It will be twice as satisfying to beat them and see them start the rage :)

and again without translate from google.

I DONT SAY CENTURIO IS A HARD ENEMY.

I SAY """AGAIN"""" all centurio players play only the same "button/fight" combo. I DONT SAY its to hard to block. I SAY the centurio spamming instant the same combo. i dont say: i cant block, i dont say i cant parry.

i love the duellmode. he works fine and the fights feals well.
i DONT say dominion is dead.
I SAYDominion is a gankparty.

pls read my text again.

Edit:

If you had read my text, you would not have had to write so much.

Please show me a fashion with bots that prepared me for the gank.
Where I find exercises for blocking and parry I know. Finally it can too.

You just do not understand one. Thanks to the sprees of unbreakbles, players play in the same combo. That's lame.

I said that the classic heroes are at a disadvantage compared to the new heroes (including Kensei)

I did not say: I can not fight with the classic heroes against the new heroes.
Can not somebody read here somehow?

Charmzzz
03-13-2018, 10:32 AM
If my enemy uses the same combo on me over and over again, guess what, I know its coming and I punish them hard. Unblockable attacks were in the game all the time I have been playing (since release). Yes, DLC and reworked Characters have easier access to them. But that is good imo, they are slow and can be parried easily. That is where the mind games start, do they let it fly or do they feint? That is how melee fighting works after all.

If you cannot keep up or are bored, try a new game maybe? Coming to the forum and flame looks like childish behavior.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 10:57 AM
If my enemy uses the same combo on me over and over again, guess what, I know its coming and I punish them hard. Unblockable attacks were in the game all the time I have been playing (since release). Yes, DLC and reworked Characters have easier access to them. But that is good imo, they are slow and can be parried easily. That is where the mind games start, do they let it fly or do they feint? That is how melee fighting works after all.

If you cannot keep up or are bored, try a new game maybe? Coming to the forum and flame looks like childish behavior.

OK. Again from the front.

I have no problems in the duel. I have no problems in 1 vs 1(with gear). I have no problems against bots.
I have a problem with the new heroes being developed so that every idiot can win a fight.
I can keep up.
But you do not seem to be able to read either?
This is about Dominion mode and that spamming from unbreakbles is too easy.
Take an example: compare Raider and Warden with Highlander and Centurio.
Do you see differences?

So you find everything as it is ok. Your opinion. Not mine.
And your advice "learn to play" is inappropriate here.

If Ubisoft says: It is enough that a hero always spamming the same combos and he has no other alternatives. Ok then. But then please the same for all heroes. Then we spam all Unbreakbles and always the same combo. Alright.

Charmzzz
03-13-2018, 11:19 AM
OK. Again from the front.

I have no problems in the duel. I have no problems in 1 vs 1(with gear). I have no problems against bots.
I have a problem with the new heroes being developed so that every idiot can win a fight.
I can keep up.
But you do not seem to be able to read either?
This is about Dominion mode and that spamming from unbreakbles is too easy.
Take an example: compare Raider and Warden with Highlander and Centurio.
Do you see differences?

So you find everything as it is ok. Your opinion. Not mine.
And your advice "learn to play" is inappropriate here.

If Ubisoft says: It is enough that a hero always spamming the same combos and he has no other alternatives. Ok then. But then please the same for all heroes. Then we spam all Unbreakbles and always the same combo. Alright.

Holy, again so much nonsense. Ok, I do it again:
- You complained about same combos from some heroes. I thought that you had problems with it, I apologize. Still, what is the problem? In every fighting game I know the Characters had some moves and combos that were better than others. Some moves and combos were very situational. That's how fighting games work since ages.
- "every idiot can win a fight"? By spamming unblockables? You said you do not have problems parrying, what is your problem when you are being ganked? I appreciate a good 2v1 or 3v1 against me. Pop me Revenge and I will rip them apart alot of times.
- I try to parry the first thing that the gankers throw at me, the parry time is huge so mostly I parry 2-3 hits with one attempt. In Revenge this means "mass falldown" and massive damage. Btw being ganked is a fault on your side anyway. Stick with your mates and do not run alone into enemy gank squads maybe?
- Raider is top notch at the moment. Stampede from running or GB, Stunning Tap mixup and Zone mixup are very good moves. He is one of the (maybe even the) best OG Characters right now. Being able to CGB while dodging is sooo good to avoid any bad situation.
- Warden is B- to A-Tier. He is easy to learn but hard to master. Still good mixups and punishes.
- Centurion? Hell why you mention him? He is terribad at the moment. Kick is highly punishable, there is nothing else he can do to open someone up except heavy soft feint or charged heavy which is reactable and punishable.
- Highlander just got massively tweaked. He still has no 500ms attack in def-stance. Yes, he is good right now, but not unbeatable at all.
- No, not everything is "ok" for me. But it is by far not so bad like you are saying it is imo.
- Every Character "spams" his best combos. That is, again, how fighting games play out in the end. If you fall for the same combo again and again it is a L2P issue in the first place. I never use the same combos again and again because I know that my opponents will punish me doing that in my MMR.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 11:29 AM
Holy, again so much nonsense. Ok, I do it again:
- You complained about same combos from some heroes. I thought that you had problems with it, I apologize. Still, what is the problem? In every fighting game I know the Characters had some moves and combos that were better than others. Some moves and combos were very situational. That's how fighting games work since ages.
- "every idiot can win a fight"? By spamming unblockables? You said you do not have problems parrying, what is your problem when you are being ganked? I appreciate a good 2v1 or 3v1 against me. Pop me Revenge and I will rip them apart alot of times.
- I try to parry the first thing that the gankers throw at me, the parry time is huge so mostly I parry 2-3 hits with one attempt. In Revenge this means "mass falldown" and massive damage. Btw being ganked is a fault on your side anyway. Stick with your mates and do not run alone into enemy gank squads maybe?
- Raider is top notch at the moment. Stampede from running or GB, Stunning Tap mixup and Zone mixup are very good moves. He is one of the (maybe even the) best OG Characters right now. Being able to CGB while dodging is sooo good to avoid any bad situation.
- Warden is B- to A-Tier. He is easy to learn but hard to master. Still good mixups and punishes.
- Centurion? Hell why you mention him? He is terribad at the moment. Kick is highly punishable, there is nothing else he can do to open someone up except heavy soft feint or charged heavy which is reactable and punishable.
- Highlander just got massively tweaked. He still has no 500ms attack in def-stance. Yes, he is good right now, but not unbeatable at all.
- No, not everything is "ok" for me. But it is by far not so bad like you are saying it is imo.
- Every Character "spams" his best combos. That is, again, how fighting games play out in the end. If you fall for the same combo again and again it is a L2P issue in the first place. I never use the same combos again and again because I know that my opponents will punish me doing that in my MMR.

Ok it's all nonsense.

So you mean, you can win a Gank. Alright.
You know that your revange pushes everyone back, but good players know that too.
At my level (rep 30), I no longer experience beating all 4 enemies at the exact moment I start revange.
So we are not low - league anymore.
No. Only one will ever strike. When Revange arrives, you will notice that a Raider shows up, or 3 unbreakble from both sides. So much for nonsense. Then I want to see you as you supposedly block everything. But do not forget the last one dashing you.. ya ?!
But you can block everything at 1 vs 4. all right. even more nonsense.
Raider is supposed to be a best hero? From the classics, yes. But Raider's attacks are really really easy to block. And if he stormed .... little step by side.

A simple question: What do you play against Centurio or Shaman or Highlander?

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 11:37 AM
Back to the Open Beta without a counter-guardbreak? Degradation is not an option.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Back to the Open Beta without a counter-guardbreak? Degradation is not an option.

So you like it all the moment. Turtle Power ?! Always wait until a Dash or an attack comes and counter?

I do not do it.

Charmzzz
03-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Ok it's all nonsense.

So you mean, you can win a Gank. Alright.
You know that your revange pushes everyone back, but good players know that too.
At my level (rep 30), I no longer experience beating all 4 enemies at the exact moment I start revange.
So we are not low - league anymore.
No. Only one will ever strike. When Revange arrives, you will notice that a Raider shows up, or 3 unbreakble from both sides. So much for nonsense. Then I want to see you as you supposedly block everything. But do not forget the last one dashing you.. ya ?!
But you can block everything at 1 vs 4. all right. even more nonsense.
Raider is supposed to be a best hero? From the classics, yes. But Raider's attacks are really really easy to block. And if he stormed .... little step by side.

A simple question: What do you play against Centurio or Shaman or Highlander?

First of all your argumentation lacks content. Repeating my words over and over again makes you look like a child. Just a hint. Anyway I will answer your "questions" and doubts.

- Yes, I can win some ganks. Not every gank for sure. In a 4v1 I am screwed very often. But then I messed up, I went into a bad situation by not sticking with my mates or not waiting for their respawn. And when I see the gank squad coming I can run away, too. Completely my fault to go 1v4. When it is 1v2 or 1v3 I try to take them out. I stay defensive mostly to get Revenge, then pop it to get a throwdown and switch targets during chains. Even if I die in the 3v1, hopefully my team got some points while I fought the enemy.
- Rep does not equal skill at all. I am ~ Rep 75. Looking at your FH Tracker profile, well, I do not want to put you down or something, but you are far away from high MMR play.
- I never said that I can block everything in ganks. It seems that you, the guy pointing out his posts every time to others, did not read my post at all.
- Raider is very good in Dominion right now. Stampede from behind is one of the best moves from running (only Impale being better). You cannot sidestep what you do not see coming. Raider has good mixups and can CGB while dodging (this alone takes him one tier higher).
- I play what I am good at and have fun using: PK, Warden, Gladiator. Knowing your enemy is enough to counter their moves, you do not need any special Character to beat another Character. Yes, there are good matchups and bad matchups (e.g. PK vs Shaman is easier than Warden vs Shaman), but if you are on your toes and know your enemy's moves, you can punish them with every Character.

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Wait a minute, so a situation where you cannot kill 4 or stand against 4 for forever like a turtle means something bad? Сonversely.
The problem is that Dominion is absolutely deserted mode that was assembled on the knees. And you know, ppl still abusing Revenge as before, i saw them standing against 4 ppl for pretty long time and thats enough to change a game, to help your team to get points. But looks like average casual only think about how he will shine on the podium glory. Don't play larcadey everytime, don't rush in the 4 players when you alone. It's just a stupid behavior.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 12:05 PM
I'll clarify something.

I have not made this post to let me explain that it is my talent why the game is not good anymore.
I already explained that I in a duel have no problems to ward off or parry something.
You do not look at the whole but just "I have skill and defeat everyone" and who can not do it is a noob.

Do not you notice anything at all? And can not you all read?

This is about the game itself.
Why are the players staying away? Maybe not everyone has time to spend 500 hours training and then remembering: Oh, it was easier than 1vs 4 against Bot lvl 3.
But no problem. Revenge regulates everything. No, it does not do it at all.
If a Warlord, Shaman, Raider, Shinobi, Centurio or Highlander is in the gank, revenge will not help at all.
It always ends up the same way: You take revenge when one attacks. the next one will hit you against the wall, the next one will start a heavy blow and the next one will push you against the wall again, unless you have already been killed by the Highlander with one hit.
But we have experts who can fend off that, of course.

It's about: there are no more alternatives. No more reason to start the game.
Gankpartys? No thanks.
Duel makes fun ... but for what? The rewards are modest.
Tournament is a great idea but only Warden play this mode because of the helmet decoration, if he even starts.
And yes, Tribute mode is dead. No need to wait 10 minutes for a half full match, if it even starts and I will not be kicked with the answer: Check your Internet.

If you all agree that the For Honor is just right, then this is your opinion, but let me mine too.

And before you answer anything, please read carefully what I say.

SpaceJim12
03-13-2018, 12:10 PM
That is where the mind games start, do they let it fly or do they feint?

Guess game start, you mean.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 12:14 PM
First of all your argumentation lacks content. Repeating my words over and over again makes you look like a child. Just a hint. Anyway I will answer your "questions" and doubts.

- Yes, I can win some ganks. Not every gank for sure. In a 4v1 I am screwed very often. But then I messed up, I went into a bad situation by not sticking with my mates or not waiting for their respawn. And when I see the gank squad coming I can run away, too. Completely my fault to go 1v4. When it is 1v2 or 1v3 I try to take them out. I stay defensive mostly to get Revenge, then pop it to get a throwdown and switch targets during chains. Even if I die in the 3v1, hopefully my team got some points while I fought the enemy.
- Rep does not equal skill at all. I am ~ Rep 75. Looking at your FH Tracker profile, well, I do not want to put you down or something, but you are far away from high MMR play.
- I never said that I can block everything in ganks. It seems that you, the guy pointing out his posts every time to others, did not read my post at all.
- Raider is very good in Dominion right now. Stampede from behind is one of the best moves from running (only Impale being better). You cannot sidestep what you do not see coming. Raider has good mixups and can CGB while dodging (this alone takes him one tier higher).
- I play what I am good at and have fun using: PK, Warden, Gladiator. Knowing your enemy is enough to counter their moves, you do not need any special Character to beat another Character. Yes, there are good matchups and bad matchups (e.g. PK vs Shaman is easier than Warden vs Shaman), but if you are on your toes and know your enemy's moves, you can punish them with every Character.

Yes, of course.
Of course you have to wait until the gank is gone and you grab the dot and run away again.
You can gain time by stopping the gank. Clear. Would not it be a trifle? After the Gank cleaned up, he is right outside the door. You can not get out and camp at the spawn point.
But is ok. It's all skill.

After the match is over and hopes the new people joins, you will continue to be alone with 2 or 3 bots and fight again against the Gank party. The players are not mixed and it remains only: leave.

Yes I am rep 30+ and I have to compete with rep 200+. But I am far away from those who can play the game. Alright.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 12:22 PM
Now it is over.

You think the game works great then it is.

If you mean matchmaking, the balance is perfect, OK!
If you like the servers and peer to peer modes work great, then that's OK
If you mean the Dailyquest is a good motivation, OK!
If you think the heroes are all balanced and everyone has the same chances, OK!
If you think the game modes are fun, OK!
If you think the price of cosmetic items are ok, OK!
If your my the new update has brought so much new, OK!
If you guys my faction war is so much fun. OK!
If you mean gank parties are a lot of fun, OK!
If you think that all heroes spamming only the same combo, and that's fun. OK!
If you think that everyone has to train only 500-1000 hours with too simple bots to play online, OK!
If you think Ubisoft is doing a good job, OK.
But I want to slowly have my money back.

Xil_h
03-13-2018, 12:32 PM
You also didn't read my reply thoroughly.

If you pop revenge blindly the moment you get it, then yes, it won't help in a gang.
Yes most Ganks are in favour of the ganking team. Everything else would be kinda stupid.
In the fight I mentioned that I won 1v4, there was a Shaman, Kensei and 2 Raiders. I have won by parrying an attack from shaman the classic way. The Kensei and Raider followed up the Shamans attack, so I popped revenge mode, knocking them down. I followed with a light at shaman and zone. Shaman dead, Raider dead. Then stabbed the Kensei until he was dead too.
Enjoyed the wow spams.
Went to fight the last Raider hiding now in the back.

I am aware that this won't go this way every time. Normally I would just avoid the 1v4.
In 1v2 and 1v3 it's most of the time possible to take someone with you.

I know there are things that can be abused. But so can you.

Tribute: As I said, I often play Tribute and have no trouble finding games. 10 minutes waiting never happened.
Also I don't get kicked. Maybe once or twice the whole evening.

Regarding some more game modes, I am all for it. A siege mode, akin to the Battlefield Rush mode would be nice.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 12:39 PM
You also didn't read my reply thoroughly.

If you pop revenge blindly the moment you get it, then yes, it won't help in a gang.
Yes most Ganks are in favour of the ganking team. Everything else would be kinda stupid.
In the fight I mentioned that I won 1v4, there was a Shaman, Kensei and 2 Raiders. I have won by parrying an attack from shaman the classic way. The Kensei and Raider followed up the Shamans attack, so I popped revenge mode, knocking them down. I followed with a light at shaman and zone. Shaman dead, Raider dead. Then stabbed the Kensei until he was dead too.
Enjoyed the wow spams.
Went to fight the last Raider hiding now in the back.

I am aware that this won't go this way every time. Normally I would just avoid the 1v4.
In 1v2 and 1v3 it's most of the time possible to take someone with you.

I know there are things that can be abused. But so can you.

Tribute: As I said, I often play Tribute and have no trouble finding games. 10 minutes waiting never happened.
Also I don't get kicked. Maybe once or twice the whole evening.

Regarding some more game modes, I am all for it. A siege mode, akin to the Battlefield Rush mode would be nice.

Is not it really that difficult to understand that not everyone is as lucky or what you call skill like you?

And yes: Ganks can be positive for some, but then the four have to be really beginners. What should not be on the level or right? (Rep75 +) Maybe the matchmaking that you only slightly get opponents. Maybe your skill. Who knows.

You always say that my "skill" is so bad.
What has the Gank / unbalanced matches to do with skill? We're not talking about: I lose every duel because I can block anything. mimimi.

Edit:
And yes. I really wish there was an offline mode that was more on the same level of difficulty as the online mode.
But there is not.
You can tell me what you want. The bots are not a preparation for the online mode.
You can get out of a Dominion Bot match with 30kills without dying.
That's almost impossible online.
Even with a balanced match, 20 kills are really high

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 12:39 PM
Who said it's right or should stop in developing? Personally, i against retrospections. Personally i think that current Dominion gives enough tools for a player to survive or kill 4 - friendlyfire for feats, revenge outfits, ledges. Yestoday(all my troubles seemed so far away), a Rider just push three people from a ledge in a one hit and im not crying about it. He is got a good game this time, and i will a next time. If a game is balanced you will never be an everytime hero.

The biggest problem of Dominion mostly is a human behavior. Like....

1. Standing in 4x1 and spamming in a turtle. Sometimes it's a group suicide or loss. Because you are feeding a revenge. Jesus, just unlock them before. But players who is trying to unlock usually interrupted by a rain of mindless blows.
2. Respawn rush. Jesus, just check a map and regroup. It's also a feeding,
3. Soloplayers. Like, "i will waiting untill a last hit, because i bought a new animation and actually i need this frag". Etc.
To be continued....

And no one talks about it - this is a main reason of a hopeless matches that make players not even salty - they fall into depression.
I don't know what can solve this problem. Maybe, a tutorial or a system of punishments. But Ubi must think in this direction. In changing the rules of the game mode.

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 12:44 PM
And P.S. Please stop naming your threads like a little kids who blackmails his parents for the sake of a new toy.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 12:48 PM
Who said it's right or should stop in developing? Personally, i against retrospections. Personally i think that current Dominion gives enough tools for a player to survive or kill 4 - friendlyfire for feats, revenge outfits, ledges. Yestoday(all my troubles seemed so far away), a Rider just push three people from a ledge in a one hit and im not crying about it. He is got a good game this time, and i will a next time. If a game is balanced you will never be an everytime hero.

The biggest problem of Dominion mostly is a human behavior. Like....

1. Standing in 4x1 and spamming in a turtle. Sometimes it's a group suicide or loss. Because you are feeding a revenge. Jesus, just unlock them before. But players who is trying to unlock usually interrupted by a rain of mindless blows.
2. Respawn rush. Jesus, just check a map and regroup. It's also a feeding,
3. Soloplayers. Like, "i will waiting untill a last hit, because i bought a new animation and actually i need this frag". Etc.
To be continued....

And no one talks about it - this is a main reason of a hopeless matches that make players not even salty - they fall into depression.
I don't know what can solve this problem. Maybe, a tutorial or a system of punishments. But Ubi must think in this direction. In changing the rules of the game mode.

Maybe you should design the Dominion mode that just keeps holding A, B and C points.
Although it would be unfair to kill all the time, it would minimize the gank problem.
Unless the gank team has conquered everything and then waiting at the spawn point.

EDG_Avocado
03-13-2018, 12:48 PM
welp thats another one lmao

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 12:50 PM
And P.S. Please stop naming your threads like a little kids who blackmails his parents for the sake of a new toy.

Do you want to rob me of my freedom of expression and forbid my mouth or my fingers what to write? Who are you allowed to ask something like that? God?

Charmzzz
03-13-2018, 12:50 PM
Now it is over.

You think the game works great then it is.

If you mean matchmaking, the balance is perfect, OK!
If you like the servers and peer to peer modes work great, then that's OK
If you mean the Dailyquest is a good motivation, OK!
If you think the heroes are all balanced and everyone has the same chances, OK!
If you think the game modes are fun, OK!
If you think the price of cosmetic items are ok, OK!
If your my the new update has brought so much new, OK!
If you guys my faction war is so much fun. OK!
If you mean gank parties are a lot of fun, OK!
If you think that all heroes spamming only the same combo, and that's fun. OK!
If you think that everyone has to train only 500-1000 hours with too simple bots to play online, OK!
If you think Ubisoft is doing a good job, OK.
But I want to slowly have my money back.

- Matchmaking will NEVER be perfectly balanced. No game in history of gaming had a perfect Matchmaker. None, zero, 0. Look at League of Legends or Overwatch Forums, same complaints and they have pretty good Matchmakers. As does For Honor have now. Matches are balanced according to MMR first, as Rep is not a Skill indicator. Anyone can farm Reps and still be bad at the game. Matchmaker in FH now also does shuffle teams before the game starts to even out Reps afaik.
- Servers are working great for me. P2P in Duel is fine imo, best connection without another relay between the players.
- My motivation is playing the game, having fun. Not some virtual goods I can farm. I do not chase Effects or Skins. I play Fighter Games to PVP first of all.
- No PVP game in the history of gaming had perfectly balanced Characters. There was always a flavor of the month or recommended skill tree or something. Because you cannot balance everything perfectly without mirroring every Character. Only THAT would be perfect balance, but would be boring. Imo they did alot of good changes concerning balance, and I am looking forward to the other reworks.
- I enjoy Dominion and Duel. Fine for me. More than other Fighter Games offer mostly.
- Cosmetics, as I said, do not mean much to me. But for my mains I could afford alot of stuff by just playing.
- Season 5 patch was big. 5 reworked and tweaked Characters, Test your Metal, new mechanics concerning the Faction War. Fine for me.
- Gank parties, again, happen when you are not aware of your surroundings. Completely your fault to get into those situations.
- Which combo is spammed exactly over and over? Centurion only? Can you please give examples?
- Where did I say that someone has to train 500 - 1000 hours to learn the game? Nowhere... If you want to play in the Top 5%, well, you have to train. But that is nothing special in For Honor, every game or sports or anything is working this way.
- I think Ubi is doing a good job because they developed and released a very unique game. Something not very common these days. Yes, it has some balance issues and some bugs, but which game doesnt?

Get your money back then if you dont enjoy FH. I had a blast since release, completely worth the money.

EDG_Avocado
03-13-2018, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=ZealousCloud;13367493Absolutely no one cares if a single player leaves because of a fighting game, it happens. The people that log in every single day like myself don't care, the community is strong, and thriving. End rant[/QUOTE]

idk, I wouldn't call 2k players strong and thriving

Tecknoterrorist
03-13-2018, 01:09 PM
-
- No PVP game in the history of gaming had perfectly balanced Characters.

In this point you are so wrong... dark age of camelot it was the perfect balance pvp game in the history..

Charmzzz
03-13-2018, 01:17 PM
In this point you are so wrong... dark age of camelot it was the perfect balance pvp game in the history..

Ahahaha, hahaha, omg really? DAOC had sooo many OP classes and specs, it took them ages and several patches / expansions to get it nearly perfectly balanced. You are comparing the latest build of DAOC to a 1 year-old FH I guess. 1 year after release DAOC was a mess...

Tecknoterrorist
03-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Ahahaha, hahaha, omg really? DAOC had sooo many OP classes and specs, it took them ages and several patches / expansions to get it nearly perfectly balanced. You are comparing the latest build of DAOC to a 1 year-old FH I guess. 1 year after release DAOC was a mess...
Daoc in 1.46 was perfect. Because the point of daoc isnít in 1v1 but many vs many and the heroes have a specific work to do, berserker (light tank) is used for kill mages, warrior made fo protect healers etc etc. Yes it was perfect balanced game ever.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 01:24 PM
- Matchmaking will NEVER be perfectly balanced. No game in history of gaming had a perfect Matchmaker. None, zero, 0. Look at League of Legends or Overwatch Forums, same complaints and they have pretty good Matchmakers. As does For Honor have now. Matches are balanced according to MMR first, as Rep is not a Skill indicator. Anyone can farm Reps and still be bad at the game. Matchmaker in FH now also does shuffle teams before the game starts to even out Reps afaik.
- Servers are working great for me. P2P in Duel is fine imo, best connection without another relay between the players.
- My motivation is playing the game, having fun. Not some virtual goods I can farm. I do not chase Effects or Skins. I play Fighter Games to PVP first of all.
- No PVP game in the history of gaming had perfectly balanced Characters. There was always a flavor of the month or recommended skill tree or something. Because you cannot balance everything perfectly without mirroring every Character. Only THAT would be perfect balance, but would be boring. Imo they did alot of good changes concerning balance, and I am looking forward to the other reworks.
- I enjoy Dominion and Duel. Fine for me. More than other Fighter Games offer mostly.
- Cosmetics, as I said, do not mean much to me. But for my mains I could afford alot of stuff by just playing.
- Season 5 patch was big. 5 reworked and tweaked Characters, Test your Metal, new mechanics concerning the Faction War. Fine for me.
- Gank parties, again, happen when you are not aware of your surroundings. Completely your fault to get into those situations.
- Which combo is spammed exactly over and over? Centurion only? Can you please give examples?
- Where did I say that someone has to train 500 - 1000 hours to learn the game? Nowhere... If you want to play in the Top 5%, well, you have to train. But that is nothing special in For Honor, every game or sports or anything is working this way.
- I think Ubi is doing a good job because they developed and released a very unique game. Something not very common these days. Yes, it has some balance issues and some bugs, but which game doesnt?

Get your money back then if you dont enjoy FH. I had a blast since release, completely worth the money.

Oh, Gankpartys are my fault alone? Alright. Thus, the level of conversation has fallen. Because I'm not aware of my surroundings. OK.
Most of the time I'm the only one who runs past the opponents and runs to the rearmost point and conquered.
Wait there alone. My team continues to be killed.
Team is dead. Gankparty runs to the point I've conquered. I run to my base where I hope again for the help of my team. No chance. My team splits of, fight alone and again again and again.
I spam the "collect" button but no chance. But OK. It's my fault.

Yes it's right. No PvP game has a balance. But you can try to keep everything under control, which is not the case in this case.

You say the matchmaking was overworked?
Alright. I as a beginner with rep 30 come in matches with 2 bots against rep 200+? And believe me. these guys do not play like beginners.
Yes OK. It does not serve as a yardstick, but where do I see where I stand with my "skill"? And how is it calculated against who I play? KD? Time? Rep?
You say the update has done a lot.
Let me think. Black old gear. More optic. Rebalanced Heros (only 5)
and Deathmatch / Destruction with Bots. (test your metal)

what is new or better?

And I should call heroes spamming:
Conqueror (shield / turtle), Warden (shoulderdash / turtle easy hit after counter) Kensei: new dodge hit with big range., Highlander (heavy up / fake side hit / grab), Ara (endless combo / until stamina is empty) gladiator (dodge hit / pike) Shaman (no words you know it) and more.

Charmzzz
03-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Daoc in 1.46 was perfect. Because the point of daoc isn’t in 1v1 but many vs many and the heroes have a specific work to do, berserker (light tank) is used for kill mages, warrior made fo protect healers etc etc. Yes it was perfect balanced game ever.

Ok, 1.46 was released half a year after release. But DAOC had its problems, too. You just cannot remember them because it is veeery long ago and things tend to be glorified when looking back from a distance. Also, DAOC was a RVR MMORPG. You cannot compare that to a twitch fighting game as FH is.

Oh, Gankpartys are my fault alone? Alright. Thus, the level of conversation has fallen. Because I'm not aware of my surroundings. OK.
Most of the time I'm the only one who runs past the opponents and runs to the rearmost point and conquered.
Wait there alone. My team continues to be killed.
Team is dead. Gankparty runs to the point I've conquered. I run to my base where I hope again for the help of my team. No chance. My team splits of, fight alone and again again and again.
I spam the "collect" button but no chance. But OK. It's my fault.

Yes it's right. No PvP game has a balance. But you can try to keep everything under control, which is not the case in this case.

You say the matchmaking was overworked?
Alright. I as a beginner with rep 30 come in matches with 2 bots against rep 200+? And believe me. these guys do not play like beginners.
Yes OK. It does not serve as a yardstick, but where do I see where I stand with my "skill"? And how is it calculated against who I play? KD? Time? Rep?
You say the update has done a lot.
Let me think. Black old gear. More optic. Rebalanced Heros (only 5)
and Deathmatch / Destruction with Bots. (test your metal)

what is new or better?

And I should call heroes spamming:
Conqueror (shield / turtle), Warden (shoulderdash / turtle easy hit after counter) Kensei: new dodge hit with big range., Highlander (heavy up / fake side hit / grab), Ara (endless combo / until stamina is empty) gladiator (dodge hit / pike) Shaman (no words you know it) and more.

Yes, being catched by 4 enemies is completely your own fault. Losing the whole Match is the teams fault. That is a difference. If you want to "carry" games like you could in LOL - this wont happen in FH. FH is similar to OW in that case, only a much higher skill than your enemies will enable you to carry a whole Match.

What's out of control in your thought? Unblockables are Ok imo, they are slow and mostly predictable. If we dont have them in the game - it would instantly turn into full-turtle-meta again. I prefer not to play staring contests, even though I main a PK who does not have any unblockable except Deflect - Riposte.

You pick one Match out of hundreds to make your point that the Matchmaker is bad? Such statistics, much wow... When they reset the Matchmaker back in Nov/Dec '17 it took 10-15 games to get you in an appropriate bracket skillwise. After those Matches I rarely fight people who are no competition for me at all.

I really like the optic of the Apollyon gear. "Only 5" Characters rebalanced? "Only 5"??? While releasing dedicated Servers and doing all the other stuff? You have no idea how long it takes to do this. Get a Job as a Developer and we talk again.

Spamming Characters:
- Conq is supposed to be a Defender. That is his duty. Also, how do you "spam turtle"?
- Warden SB is counterable. And didn't you say that he is terribad?
- Kensei: Dodge Attacks are easy to parry. Bait them with a feint - profit.
- Highlander: Celtic Curse is sooo slow. Debateable is his Kick / Caber Toss mixup as I feel it has a bit too good tracking.
- Aramusha: Wow, B-Tier Champ, cannot do anything if his opponent can block.
- Gladiator: Dodge-Attack is unsafe on block, means: you block it and get a free GB on him. I rarely use it because it is so bad. Glad has better moves than that.
- Shaman: After all her nerfs she is in a good, not OP, spot. I dont play her, and I only have problems reading her soft-feints. But that will come with time. Know your foe, you know...

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Spamming Characters:
- Conq is supposed to be a Defender. That is his duty. Also, how do you "spam turtle"?
- Warden SB is counterable. And didn't you say that he is terribad?
- Kensei: Dodge Attacks are easy to parry. Bait them with a feint - profit.
- Highlander: Celtic Curse is sooo slow. Debateable is his Kick / Caber Toss mixup as I feel it has a bit too good tracking.
- Aramusha: Wow, B-Tier Champ, cannot do anything if his opponent can block.
- Gladiator: Dodge-Attack is unsafe on block, means: you block it and get a free GB on him. I rarely use it because it is so bad. Glad has better moves than that.
- Shaman: After all her nerfs she is in a good, not OP, spot. I dont play her, and I only have problems reading her soft-feints. But that will come with time. Know your foe, you know...

A serious question: Are you stupid?

Did I ask you if I need a tutorial for this?
Did not I explain to you 5x now, that I have no problem in Duell?

I have listed the following spams to you. REPEAT: I have NOT listed which attacks I can NOT count.

I repeat my question: Are you stupid? Or can not you read?

And again: This is not about counters, it's NOT what I can and what I can not.
This is about all heroes being played the same and that has NOTHING to do with skill.

Charmzzz
03-13-2018, 02:32 PM
A serious question: Are you stupid?

Did I ask you if I need a tutorial for this?
Did not I explain to you 5x now, that I have no problem in Duell?

I have listed the following spams to you. REPEAT: I have NOT listed which attacks I can NOT count.

I repeat my question: Are you stupid? Or can not you read?

And again: This is not about counters, it's NOT what I can and what I can not.
This is about all heroes being played the same and that has NOTHING to do with skill.

Reported for being offensive and rude. You completely rage on every post. I just wanted to show that "spamming" these moves will result in a lost match against any decent opponent. If you think that "spamming" the same moves over and over is boring, why you play a fighting game? That's what fighting games are, "spamming" attacks. And that people prefer "good" moves over "bad" ones, well, is pretty intelligent.

Bye, I won't discuss with you anymore because I don't want to "feed the obvious troll" or support this kind of behavior.

SpaceJim12
03-13-2018, 02:33 PM

Always wanna know, people tell this stories are that lucky? I've been in gunking 4v1 more times I ever wanted, and if my opponents weren't complite noobs, they didn't do things like you described.
They wait to hit, avoiding crowd parry, use unblockables and different timing attacks. And never be stupid enough to strike together someone, who already parry one and have revenge.
So...that situation means you play with noobs, and for better or worst there are extremily low number of noobs on PC this days.

Charmzzz
03-13-2018, 02:37 PM
Always wanna know, people tell this stories are that lucky? I've been in gunking 4v1 more times I ever wanted, and if my opponents weren't complite noobs, they didn't do things like you described.
They wait to hit, avoiding crowd parry, use unblockables and different timing attacks. And never be stupid enough to strike together someone, who already parry one and have revenge.
So...that situation means you play with noobs, and for better or worst there are extremily low number of noobs on PC this days.

Please fight me! I really wanna see how good you are.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 02:38 PM
I try a comparison for children.

Introduce yourself. You play Tekken 3.

Each opponent would always use the same combo. As far as understood?
After a little practice, you know how to counter it.
So. Now comes the boring thing.
Every fight ... really every fight ... feels the same. Every Kensei ... every Centurio always makes the same garbage.
Do you think that's enough for a great fighting experience? Do you think that's fun?
So if I compete against 100 different players and they still do the same thing, then it gets boring and stupid.

report yourself for offtopic and provocation

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 02:41 PM

And you just described an another polar side of a coin.

SpaceJim12
03-13-2018, 02:44 PM
Please fight me! I really wanna see how good you are.

Didn't say I'm good. But I never saw this easy gunk situation, that were described, exept noob guys plays.

FightingFerrets
03-13-2018, 03:33 PM
Might as well toss in my own 2c as everyone else is...I haven't posted for a while so why not.

For Honor is pretty much a niche game now. It always was, but at the beginning it had some mass appeal for it's uniqueness but I think despite it being the only game of its kind on the market it has managed to morph into something very dissimilar to what it began as. Its really individual opinion if that's good or bad. I've been around since closed beta too (for whatever that's worth) and yes, the game back then was gritty, edgy, and had the real flavour of ancient medieval combat. It felt like you could smell the sweat and blood, hear the creak of the leather. The defensive meta formed around the benefits of parry and lack of chip damage and instead of addressing those issues the game progressed to a mass of light attack spam and unblockables. My own personal opinion is that it would have been much more effective from the start to have made the parry adjustments we see now, increase chip damage and slow down some of the light attacks (mainly PK from the start), but I realize that with the game being played differently on PC that may not have been feasible.

So we have what we have now a year later. A ton of characters with unblockables, some hyper armor sprinkled throughout and a totally different game play experience when going from 1v1 to 4v4. Some moves that are easy to block/parry 1v1 becomes a type of cancer in the larger melees when it comes from the back or side while you're engaged with one or more enemies already. Those are fair points and do reduce the enjoyment level, but let's be honest, if you're queuing up for 4v4 you know it's coming.

So what do we have? For the purists who thought this was going to be a more realistic combat sim feel let down. The unblockables, the spam, the Shinobi ranged attacks, the disproportionate feats have lessened the experience. For the casual or new player, the learning curve is so steep its almost vertical. For those of us who have been here for over a year most noobs don't stand a chance until they've invested several hours into just learning the basic mechanics, let alone the advanced one. Its just not a friendly game for new people. For the hardcore, the population is littered with toxicity. Any commentary is generall met with "git gud', "another whining thread vs (insert character), just play the lvl 3 bot version for hours and you'll be better", "Cry nerf instead of investing hours to get better". It really is tragic how toxic this community is. There are some awesome bright spots of people who are generally helpful and have in fact helped breath life to the universe but they are usually overshadowed by the others. The ones who think because they have the game figured out everyone else is beneath them and should just deal with things the way they are rather than ever voice displeasure.

So....instead of a mass appeal niche game we now have a niche game that is serving a very dedicated and focused group. If you belong to that community then you still enjoy For Honor. If you're on the outside looking in, you probably don't. I feel like I'm in between. I still love the concept, and I can deal with the game play even if I don't enjoy it as much or find that it's strayed from the grit and realism it promised during the beta seasons. I think that some long serving members of this community have left recently because of the game's feel and direction should speak volumes.

SpaceJim12
03-13-2018, 03:59 PM
So....instead of a mass appeal niche game we now have a niche game that is serving a very dedicated and focused group. If you belong to that community then you still enjoy For Honor. If you're on the outside looking in, you probably don't. I feel like I'm in between. I still love the concept, and I can deal with the game play even if I don't enjoy it as much or find that it's strayed from the grit and realism it promised during the beta seasons. I think that some long serving members of this community have left recently because of the game's feel and direction should speak volumes.

Well, I agree with you. Past days, until the start of season 4, I enjoied For Honor in most situations. And that was, I believe, about feeling of real medival fight with that high level of animation and quality.
Well, somehow, I even enjoied gunking when I fight with 2-3-4 opponents. Just cause until gunk machine Centurio were realised, that feels like situation that could and should be happend in real medival fight. For now you, armored knight for sure be useless against bold head of Viking teenager, spam you from back.

Jiblet2017
03-13-2018, 04:13 PM
Charmzzz, calls op a child and childlike. OP asks if he Charmzzz is stupid. Charmzzz gets mad and reports.

CptMatsumaru
03-13-2018, 05:42 PM
Might as well toss in my own 2c as everyone else is...I haven't posted for a while so why not.

For Honor is pretty much a niche game now. It always was, but at the beginning it had some mass appeal for it's uniqueness but I think despite it being the only game of its kind on the market it has managed to morph into something very dissimilar to what it began as. Its really individual opinion if that's good or bad. I've been around since closed beta too (for whatever that's worth) and yes, the game back then was gritty, edgy, and had the real flavour of ancient medieval combat. It felt like you could smell the sweat and blood, hear the creak of the leather. The defensive meta formed around the benefits of parry and lack of chip damage and instead of addressing those issues the game progressed to a mass of light attack spam and unblockables. My own personal opinion is that it would have been much more effective from the start to have made the parry adjustments we see now, increase chip damage and slow down some of the light attacks (mainly PK from the start), but I realize that with the game being played differently on PC that may not have been feasible.

So we have what we have now a year later. A ton of characters with unblockables, some hyper armor sprinkled throughout and a totally different game play experience when going from 1v1 to 4v4. Some moves that are easy to block/parry 1v1 becomes a type of cancer in the larger melees when it comes from the back or side while you're engaged with one or more enemies already. Those are fair points and do reduce the enjoyment level, but let's be honest, if you're queuing up for 4v4 you know it's coming.

So what do we have? For the purists who thought this was going to be a more realistic combat sim feel let down. The unblockables, the spam, the Shinobi ranged attacks, the disproportionate feats have lessened the experience. For the casual or new player, the learning curve is so steep its almost vertical. For those of us who have been here for over a year most noobs don't stand a chance until they've invested several hours into just learning the basic mechanics, let alone the advanced one. Its just not a friendly game for new people. For the hardcore, the population is littered with toxicity. Any commentary is generall met with "git gud', "another whining thread vs (insert character), just play the lvl 3 bot version for hours and you'll be better", "Cry nerf instead of investing hours to get better". It really is tragic how toxic this community is. There are some awesome bright spots of people who are generally helpful and have in fact helped breath life to the universe but they are usually overshadowed by the others. The ones who think because they have the game figured out everyone else is beneath them and should just deal with things the way they are rather than ever voice displeasure.

/sign.
I could not have said it better.

RenegadeRasta
03-13-2018, 11:21 PM
Charmzzz, calls op a child and childlike. OP asks if he Charmzzz is stupid. Charmzzz gets mad and reports.

Thank you XD

JadeBosson.
03-13-2018, 11:27 PM
Tribute mode dead.
Deatmatch dead.

these 2 modes are always green along with dominion though ranked however is always blue

ChampionRuby50g
03-14-2018, 01:11 AM
Sorry, but if you say matchmaking is working well youíre delusional. 1/5 games I find players actually around my skill level, and competent enough to give me a challenge. The majority of my games are against players 30 reps or below, while Iím at 122 and breeze through them. The skill indicator ALWAYS says my skill is higher than my opponents and allies, so if this was balanced why do i always see that? Itís partly true that Rep isnít a indicator of skill, but you canít say if you had to choose two allies youíd go for the Rep 7 over the Rep 45. The Rep 45 has clearly put more time into the game, thus they have a better understanding off how things work and through that greater skill. The other day I played a couple games in a row and I was 100 reps higher than everyone else in the lobby combined, and these players where even throwing OOS heavies at me constantly. Do you call that skill, and balanced matchmaking? All I want is to fight people around my skill level, so I can actually have fun in the game with a challenge, but Iím constantly matched with noobs. You canít say the matchmaker is working well if this is constantly happening to me, itís jusy stupid and naive to deny it.

Charmzzz
03-14-2018, 08:32 AM

That is not what I said and I am not mad. This is what I said: "If you cannot keep up or are bored, try a new game maybe? Coming to the forum and flame looks like childish behavior." Because it is. OP complains about the essentials of a fighting game - using combos. For Honor does not have the huge amount of combos a Tekken has because it would be waaay to complicated. 3D environment, 1vX situations, 3 attack directions. And OP wants to add in massive 50-hit combos? How is that supposed to work? Aramusha and Zerker are kinda like this with their infinite combos, and look at the salt they get here from people who cannot keep up that pace...

Calling someone stupid is different than saying that a distinct behavior makes you look childish.

Sorry, but if you say matchmaking is working well you’re delusional. 1/5 games I find players actually around my skill level, and competent enough to give me a challenge. The majority of my games are against players 30 reps or below, while I’m at 122 and breeze through them. The skill indicator ALWAYS says my skill is higher than my opponents and allies, so if this was balanced why do i always see that? It’s partly true that Rep isn’t a indicator of skill, but you can’t say if you had to choose two allies you’d go for the Rep 7 over the Rep 45. The Rep 45 has clearly put more time into the game, thus they have a better understanding off how things work and through that greater skill. The other day I played a couple games in a row and I was 100 reps higher than everyone else in the lobby combined, and these players where even throwing OOS heavies at me constantly. Do you call that skill, and balanced matchmaking? All I want is to fight people around my skill level, so I can actually have fun in the game with a challenge, but I’m constantly matched with noobs. You can’t say the matchmaker is working well if this is constantly happening to me, it’s jusy stupid and naive to deny it.

Hm, different experience. Sometimes I have these Matches, but mostly I am "on par" with my mates and enemies. Especially when I group up with some other good people, we mostly face other teams or at least high MMR guys.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 12:00 PM

That's the best answer for this person.

No matter what you criticize here for For Honor, he goes against it.

Do you know how to call it? Antiflamer, is the same like flamer

Charmzzz
03-14-2018, 12:42 PM
No matter what you criticize here for For Honor, he goes against it.

That's not true. Thing is that your critique is mostly related to the core gameplay of For Honor. And that is not gonna change, so saying something like "Ubisoft, do you actually play your games yourself? Do not you realize that your game modes are boring?" or "The only good thing was Dominion. Now its only Gankdominaparty. 4 vs 1. last hope? `Leave match and wait 10mins." only shows that you do not like the core gameplay.

Then, when you speaking for everybody concerning the core gameplay by saying "Your community is pissed off.", is just false. Some people like it, some dont. That's true for every game out there.

Oh, and "100euro and 300 hours ... almost for nothing." made me laugh. Playing games is always "almost for nothing", it is and always will be leisure time if you are not a competitive pro who can earn money with it.

I didn't want to sound rude when calling your behavior childish, still I stand by my words. Coming here, saying that For Honor hit your taste 100% after flaming about core aspects of the game (unblockables were in the game from start, Dominion gank squads exist since release) just feels like a rant and nothing else.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 01:15 PM
That's not true. Thing is that your critique is mostly related to the core gameplay of For Honor. And that is not gonna change, so saying something like "Ubisoft, do you actually play your games yourself? Do not you realize that your game modes are boring?" or "The only good thing was Dominion. Now its only Gankdominaparty. 4 vs 1. last hope? `Leave match and wait 10mins." only shows that you do not like the core gameplay.

Then, when you speaking for everybody concerning the core gameplay by saying "Your community is pissed off.", is just false. Some people like it, some dont. That's true for every game out there.

Oh, and "100euro and 300 hours ... almost for nothing." made me laugh. Playing games is always "almost for nothing", it is and always will be leisure time if you are not a competitive pro who can earn money with it.

I didn't want to sound rude when calling your behavior childish, still I stand by my words. Coming here, saying that For Honor hit your taste 100% after flaming about core aspects of the game (unblockables were in the game from start, Dominion gank squads exist since release) just feels like a rant and nothing else.

Oh, I almost knew I would have answered you again or tried again to explain my opinion, but you are a waste of time.
We complain about the game and want to express ideas and criticism.
We also have the right to have For Honor as we would like.

So leave it. You can open your own post and praise Ubisoft, as none of us will argue otherwise because it's your opinion.
But you are naughty and mix yourself with the opinions of others and do not accept wise criticism. Then leave this post and do not bother us with it.

We do not find For Honor so good and that's what Ubisoft is supposed to do.
Done off.
If you do not like our opinion, then do not go to a post where it just hail criticism and go against it?
I wonder sometimes who this is the child and is looking for dispute?

It's as if you open a post, say the For honor is great, and I write in: No For honor is ****.

That's naughty.

Charmzzz
03-14-2018, 01:45 PM
So, you come to a forum, open a flame post and want to be free to do that. You can, I never said that it is forbidden or something. But if you can come here and freely post your opinion, I can comment on that from my point of view. Asking me to leave is the same as me asking you to not post this stuff. I did not do that. You did. You want to post your view without anyone with a different view to comment on that. Nice attitude, even more that you call me naughty for commenting.

DrinkinMehStella
03-14-2018, 02:09 PM
one things for sure after reading the forums again, no topics can stay friendly, always becomes an argument and the moderators do nothing about it. The game was bad since S2 and as the forums have been, this game has become extremely competitive to the point where you can't have fun in game or your get some slaty kid giving you abuse.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 02:38 PM
So, you come to a forum, open a flame post and want to be free to do that. You can, I never said that it is forbidden or something. But if you can come here and freely post your opinion, I can comment on that from my point of view. Asking me to leave is the same as me asking you to not post this stuff. I did not do that. You did. You want to post your view without anyone with a different view to comment on that. Nice attitude, even more that you call me naughty for commenting.

You can not and do not want to understand it.
You do not accept any criticism of For Honor but you have to add your mustard because the post is public.
You go against my opinion and wonder why I attack you.
I list you a bunch of spams and you give me back a tutorial.
And wonder why I feel provoked?

Go and find the fight elsewhere. And just because the post is public, and was not for you, there is no reason to fight for a long time.

And just because you've found a post where you get flanked by For Honor does not mean that you can flare it.
What I already said: An antiflamer, is a flamer too

Charmzzz
03-14-2018, 02:51 PM
I do accept critique on For Honor, just not the things you listed as they are core elements that were in the game from the beginning onwards like ganking and unblockables.

So, if someone has another opinion you directly attack them? Instead of a solid argumentation you get personal. Again, nice attitude...

You listed a bunch of "spams", yes, and I understood it wrong, even apologized for it. Still, you take that as an attack. Why?

Me being an "Antiflamer" means that you are a Flamer following your statement, doesn't it?

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 03:05 PM
I do accept critique on For Honor, just not the things you listed as they are core elements that were in the game from the beginning onwards like ganking and unblockables.

So, if someone has another opinion you directly attack them? Instead of a solid argumentation you get personal. Again, nice attitude...

You listed a bunch of "spams", yes, and I understood it wrong, even apologized for it. Still, you take that as an attack. Why?

Me being an "Antiflamer" means that you are a Flamer following your statement, doesn't it?

If you think so, it's flame. true.

But, in other words, any criticism in the sense of a flame. I complain about it some things do not work well.

And we all already understood that you find For Honor as it is, well.

But now understand that there are many others who do not like the changes.

You speak of core elements that I supposedly criticize.
That is not true.
And I have often enough now clarified what I criticize.

I have the following points that I criticize:
Matchmaking / skill balance
Long-term motivation
Too many unbreakbles. I thought it better before.
One-sided play of the heroes. As I said, there are 100 players and everyone fighting right away because there are no options for attacks. I'm not saying that a hero should have 100 different attacks. But having the ability to own more than one fighting style.
Best example Valkyr. I like to play it with light attacks, another one pulls your legs away. But it is very balanced. No attack is now OP or difficult to block. But as I said. I wish that with every hero. Every player has to develop different game styles with balanced combos. But I do not mean turtlepower or offensive (spam same combos)

I would like to stop: The For Honor does not continue to fill the shop with "funny" items.

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 03:08 PM
Oh, I almost knew I would have answered you again or tried again to explain my opinion, but you are a waste of time.
We complain about the game and want to express ideas and criticism.
We also have the right to have For Honor as we would like.

So leave it. You can open your own post and praise Ubisoft, as none of us will argue otherwise because it's your opinion.
But you are naughty and mix yourself with the opinions of others and do not accept wise criticism. Then leave this post and do not bother us with it.

We do not find For Honor so good and that's what Ubisoft is supposed to do.
Done off.
If you do not like our opinion, then do not go to a post where it just hail criticism and go against it?
I wonder sometimes who this is the child and is looking for dispute?

It's as if you open a post, say the For honor is great, and I write in: No For honor is ****.

That's naughty.
No, that's called freedom of speech my friend. If you just want to be surrounded by yes men that never challenge your opinion and only shower you with agreement then a public forum might not be the best place to post. Everyone is allowed their opinion. You cannot silence those who disagree with you just because you only want to see people agreeing with you. Sorry but this forum is not North Korea.

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 03:16 PM
You can not and do not want to understand it.
You do not accept any criticism of For Honor but you have to add your mustard because the post is public.
You go against my opinion and wonder why I attack you.
I list you a bunch of spams and you give me back a tutorial.
And wonder why I feel provoked?

Go and find the fight elsewhere. And just because the post is public, and was not for you, there is no reason to fight for a long time.

And just because you've found a post where you get flanked by For Honor does not mean that you can flare it.
What I already said: An antiflamer, is a flamer too
So basically you're upset that someone with a different opinion came along to voice their opinion because you only want to see support for your opinion. That is very childish behaviour if you don't mind me saying. You seem to want an echo chamber where everyone else just agrees with you for some reason.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 03:17 PM
No, that's called freedom of speech my friend. If you just want to be surrounded by yes men that never challenge your opinion and only shower you with agreement then a public forum might not be the best place to post. Everyone is allowed their opinion. You cannot silence those who disagree with you just because you only want to see people agreeing with you. Sorry but this forum is not North Korea.

Apparently, For Honor is not that great, otherwise everyone would play the game, instead of boring others to criticize and stir up any contribution.

That's like Youtube. I listen to rock and click a rap video and complain that it sounds like ****.
Why then press and criticize the video instead of reading or hearing what I want to hear?
Ah yes, that's right. Freedom of speech. But also applies to everyone.

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 03:18 PM
Freedom of speech. But also applies to everyone.
Indeed it does. I'm glad you realised that.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Indeed it does. I'm glad you realised that.

I hope you have noticed it yourself. Or?

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 03:23 PM
I hope you have noticed it yourself. Or?
I'm not the one telling people to bog off if they disagree so yes, I employed my freedom of speech without crapping on someone else's freedom of speech. Thank you for checking.

P.S. This really should be the job of a moderator on any decent forum instead of a random user having to do this.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 03:28 PM
I'm not the one telling people to bog off if they disagree so yes, I employed my freedom of speech without crapping on someone else's freedom of speech. Thank you for checking.

P.S. This really should be the job of a moderator on any decent forum instead of a random user having to do this.

Then you have noticed that my opinion also comes to bear here.
And if in my opinion, people just comment on the post to provoke me, I also have the right to say that they have boredom somewhere else to exercise.
And if I realize that the people do not respond to my criticism but simply random something to answer or just contribute to their mustard has not to do with the topic, I may well point out that can do it elsewhere.

Devils-_-legacy
03-14-2018, 03:35 PM
(And if in my opinion, people just comment on the post to provoke me)
imo they wanted to get there opinion across its a public fourm if you didn't want other people to comment you shouldn't post on a fourm lol

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 03:40 PM
(And if in my opinion, people just comment on the post to provoke me)
imo they wanted to get there opinion across its a public fourm if you didn't want other people to comment you shouldn't post on a fourm lol

Then give me some tips on how I can reach Ubisoft differently, except through the forum?

Devils-_-legacy
03-14-2018, 03:44 PM
The only way to post how you feel without other people being able to put there opinion across would be contacting ubisoft directly try a mod they do pass on feedback from players

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 03:47 PM
The only way to post how you feel without other people being able to put there opinion across would be contacting ubisoft directly try a mod they do pass on feedback from players

OK.
And how do I do that? So address Ubisoft directly?

Devils-_-legacy
03-14-2018, 03:49 PM
1)Find a moderator 2)ask nicely
Or alternative contact support or contact mrpope on reddit

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 03:49 PM
Then you have noticed that my opinion also comes to bear here.
And if in my opinion, people just comment on the post to provoke me, I also have the right to say that they have boredom somewhere else to exercise.
And if I realize that the people do not respond to my criticism but simply random something to answer or just contribute to their mustard has not to do with the topic, I may well point out that can do it elsewhere.
That's fair enough. I reacted to your comments that were essentially telling people with a differing opinion to naff off because this thread is only for people that agree with the OP, which I find is not a fair approach to take.

When people ignore my end of the conversation and refuse to address my points I just stop discussing with them and let them know I will not debate with them further until they address my points directly.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 03:55 PM
So,
Back to the beginning.
It is exactly unfair of you not to accept this opinion. It's also unfair to interfere with posts and make them a big problem.
It does not give anyone a chance to voice their opinion here without the other approaching it.
Freedom of expression or not. It is just as important for you to leave your opinion to others and not to go against it.

And this post serves to make others agree with the same opinion. But this is not possible.
You have not been able to leave others alone so do not put yourself down, as if I'm the bad one, because I expect you to accept my opinion and not to tackle it until it becomes a problem.

Anyone who has nothing to contribute to criticism or all the time only Offtopic operates, he can please leave it completely right here to write something.

Charmzzz
03-14-2018, 04:03 PM
Anyone who has nothing to contribute to criticism or all the time only Offtopic operates, he can please leave it completely right here to write something.

You really don't understand that this is censorship, do you? You directly say, again, that this thread is only for people who want to criticize, and everyone with a different opinion should not comment. And everyone who wants to argue about some points you said is an Antiflamer who only comments to provoke. Censorship and propaganda at its best. ^^

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 04:08 PM
You really don't understand that this is censorship, do you? You directly say, again, that this thread is only for people who want to criticize, and everyone with a different opinion should not comment. And everyone who wants to argue about some points you said is an Antiflamer who only comments to provoke. Censorship and propaganda at its best. ^^

Censorship?

It's starting again.
You also want to suppress a minority or not give a chance to get rid of a criticism. That's just censorship.
And I find that very unfair.
This is not at all about my first contribution. And you're surprised if you get involved everywhere, that the people react toxic.
We also have the right to give our opinion without anyone else's mind.
So again. Who sticks his nose in the problems of others, must not be surprised to be pulled in.

Charmzzz
03-14-2018, 04:12 PM
You also want to suppress a minority or not give a chance to get rid of a criticism. That's just censorship.

Please quote me on that, where did I suppress anyone's critique? I am just discussing the points, not trying to shut anyone down.

Devils-_-legacy
03-14-2018, 04:13 PM
They haven't said once that you can't post or tried to suppress your views they just keep telling you that you can't keep others from posting lol

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 04:18 PM
Challenging an opinion is not censorship. Criticising an opinion is not censorship. To ask people who disagree with you to leave is censorship because it is an attempt to stifle any other opposing viewpoint on the subject.

Understand that what you are doing is asking for other people's freedom of speech to be squashed in favor of your own.

We also have the right to give our opinion without anyone else's mind.
Not on a public forum you don't. If you don't want to read other people's opinions and viewpoints then why even post a thread on a public Internet forum?

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 04:31 PM
Anyway, many thanks to you, that is now this contribution pure garbage. Now that your feelings are hurt, because you interfere in the opinion of others and tries to take action against. Right top. Do not even try to tackle the first post. No, on the contrary.

Why am I doing this publicly? Yes, why? Because I am not alone in the idea and hoped to meet and discuss more people with my opinion.

Instead, I only meet people who have nothing better to do and go against my opinion. And to give others no chance to get involved in my contribution.
Most do not even read further, because only offtopic is operated here.
OMG, freedom of opinion. He attacked my rights. OMG.
And then feel pissed off because you want to live his boredom somewhere else.

How stupid people can actually be. The main thing is to have his opinion everywhere and then howl because they ask you to go, because other people want to talk.
And I have said to Charmzzz often enough that we have understood that he likes For honor as it is.

Can one please make the contribution close? Here only people have accumulated the problems.

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 04:40 PM
9 pages, I'd say plenty of people got involved in your thread to discuss the topic. You chose to single out one of them that disagreed with you and went off on a mini-crusade trying to get them to shut up and leave simply because you disagree with them.

You derailed your own thread because of your inability to tolerate a difference of opinion.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 04:43 PM
It's always easier to find someone else's mistakes than to admit yourself.

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 04:51 PM
Couldn't have said it any better actually. No doubt the irony of that statement elludes you.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 04:55 PM
I hope you realize it yourself.

RenegadeRasta
03-14-2018, 05:02 PM

Diehard For Honor fans (also called Ubipologists) will do their best to run your opinion in to the ground if you have any complaints about the game whatsoever. Arguing with them is useless and you cannot win.

CptMatsumaru
03-14-2018, 05:08 PM
Diehard For Honor fans (also called Ubipologists) will do their best to run your opinion in to the ground if you have any complaints about the game whatsoever. Arguing with them is useless and you cannot win.

Of course you can say something that is not true. But ok. Nobody is perfect.

Vakris_One
03-14-2018, 07:10 PM
Ah, more irony on top of a factual inacuracy. This thread is a veritable treasure trove of insecurity complexes, strawmen and paranoid propaganda.

Factual innacuracy:
The so called "Ubipologists" - a convenient strawman term created to put down any and all opinions that disagree with yours - are actually people who also criticise the stuff in the game they don't like. Just because you and they disagree on what is good and what is bad about the game does not make either one of you a "fanboi" or a "hater". It just means people have different opinions... a truly shocking realisation, I know.

Ironic statement:
If I take your sentence and just flip it around towards you I get this, "Diehard For Honor haters (also called Ubinegators) will do their best to run your opinion in to the ground if you have any praise about the game whatsoever. Arguing with them is useless and you cannot win."

And voila! We have a perfectly mirrored strawman argument that is just as useless and a fallacy as the original. Fun stuff!

CptMatsumaru
03-15-2018, 12:00 AM
Oh, you know. I am satisfied with what I read in the forum. And maybe Ubisoft will wake up if only the last players like you are lounging around in the forum because there are no more open games.

and 90% of players lose and that within 6 months says a lot. But as you said before, For Honor is on the right path.

Keep it up. ;)

Charmzzz
03-15-2018, 08:45 AM
For Honor is a niche game. Fighting games were and are always niche games. It always was something for the hardcore players, or did you ever see a big Tekken / MK / whatever tournament like the League of Legends or Counterstrike ones? I didn't and I am a gamer for over 20 years now. The argument that For Honor lost some players is in my opinion not directly linked to the patches. Most people simply left because it is not their cup of tea because it is not ezpz leisure playing.

The same thing as here (people wanting to simplify the core game) right now happens in the Warhammer Vermintide 2 Forum. Casuals and hardcore players argueing which direction the game should take. In the end the Devs decide and someone will leave. Now, as a Dev, I would want to keep the hardcore gamers around because they stay with a title much longer than the average casual player does.

CptMatsumaru
03-18-2018, 10:20 AM
For Honor is a niche game. Fighting games were and are always niche games. It always was something for the hardcore players, or did you ever see a big Tekken / MK / whatever tournament like the League of Legends or Counterstrike ones? I didn't and I am a gamer for over 20 years now. The argument that For Honor lost some players is in my opinion not directly linked to the patches. Most people simply left because it is not their cup of tea because it is not ezpz leisure playing.

The same thing as here (people wanting to simplify the core game) right now happens in the Warhammer Vermintide 2 Forum. Casuals and hardcore players argueing which direction the game should take. In the end the Devs decide and someone will leave. Now, as a Dev, I would want to keep the hardcore gamers around because they stay with a title much longer than the average casual player does.

I agree with you.

But, now they only lose the casual players. Because of the alleged difficulty of the game.
But they have been gone for a long time. After 6 months. Now they slowly lose the fans for the age of knights, because it no longer feels like a heavy combat simulator, but is slowly becoming more and more a hack and slay (Dominion mode, spam same combos, unbreakbles).
Ubisoft has to decide what to expect from For Honor.

If they make it a "hardcore" game, they have to settle for little revenue.
But if, like you, you recognize that For Honor is a niche game, they should target multiple audiences to keep the game alive.

As I said. I agree with you.

Charmzzz
03-20-2018, 10:11 AM
Niche games target their niche, not multiple audiences. That's why it is niche and not appealing to everyone.

I still don't understand your arguments: "Dominion mode, spam same combos, unbreakbles":

- Dominion did not change at all. It was like this from release onwards, ganking squads were always a thing.
- Spam same Combos, I repeat myself but this is happening in every fighting game. You use your best, safest Combo if you want an advantage. In FH I even do not see this all that much, people change their guard, feint, soft-feint, they use everything.
- It is unblockables and they were in the game since release. They even were the best thing in ganks on release. Warden Shoulderbash, Conq Shieldbash, Lawbringer Shove, Warlord Headbutt, all these are OG unblockables and they were used in Dominion in ganks since release. People cried about it like you do now, but they adapted and learned how to punish those moves. Same would work today, but oh well, gamers these days are different I guess.

CptMatsumaru
03-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Niche games target their niche, not multiple audiences. That's why it is niche and not appealing to everyone.

I still don't understand your arguments: "Dominion mode, spam same combos, unbreakbles":

- Dominion did not change at all. It was like this from release onwards, ganking squads were always a thing.
- Spam same Combos, I repeat myself but this is happening in every fighting game. You use your best, safest Combo if you want an advantage. In FH I even do not see this all that much, people change their guard, feint, soft-feint, they use everything.
- It is unblockables and they were in the game since release. They even were the best thing in ganks on release. Warden Shoulderbash, Conq Shieldbash, Lawbringer Shove, Warlord Headbutt, all these are OG unblockables and they were used in Dominion in ganks since release. People cried about it like you do now, but they adapted and learned how to punish those moves. Same would work today, but oh well, gamers these days are different I guess.

I agree.

SpaceJim12
03-20-2018, 02:54 PM
The same thing as here (people wanting to simplify the core game) right now happens in the Warhammer Vermintide 2 Forum. Casuals and hardcore players argueing which direction the game should take.

I don't think people keep leave For Honor cause it's niche or hardcore game. That happened past days. In season 2, 3 moment after realise. Now people leave For Honor cause devs don't know what to do with their game, can't apply community suggestions, and (i still think so), don't have any reasonable new content to keep players attention.
I play Vermintide 2 since realise and I really feel fine about this game. It's a good substitution to For Honor right now for me. Can't see any hardcore in this game.
I really want to leave For Honor in season 3, cause thought this game is a mess. But now I understand thouse days I just can't play well, that was my problem. For now I quit For Honor and don't feel it's because of me.

Charmzzz
03-20-2018, 03:36 PM
I don't think people keep leave For Honor cause it's niche or hardcore game. That happened past days. In season 2, 3 moment after realise. Now people leave For Honor cause devs don't know what to do with their game, can't apply community suggestions, and (i still think so), don't have any reasonable new content to keep players attention.
I play Vermintide 2 since realise and I really feel fine about this game. It's a good substitution to For Honor right now for me. Can't see any hardcore in this game.
I really want to leave For Honor in season 3, cause thought this game is a mess. But now I understand thouse days I just can't play well, that was my problem. For now I quit For Honor and don't feel it's because of me.

Vermintide 2 is not hardcore? Did you get to Champion / Legend difficulty yet? Oh boy. :D

People on VT2 Forums are already crying about Recruit (lowest difficulty) being too high. And then there are 3 more difficulties incoming on them. Same happened and still happens here. People complain about moves being OP, characters being OP, ganking being unfair etc. and refuse to learn how to avoid mistakes, play smart and out-maneuver the enemies.

Imo the gameplay and balance is at a much much better stage in S5 than it was on release or when Centurion was released.

SpaceJim12
03-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Vermintide 2 is not hardcore? Did you get to Champion / Legend difficulty yet? Oh boy.

Champion on every map exept bosses. Can't say it's hardcore, if you'll stick together, don't let bad things happend. Only reasons to die are took to much books with you and when AI Director decided you're to slow in your map progress and giv you wave, mini-boss and one hunt rat, waiting your random around the corner, where you'll never can save him. Week ago we can finish just one of three runs on recruit.
I didn't see Vermintide forums, but people who can't handle recruit mast just rework their strategy.

Imo the gameplay and balance is at a much much better stage in S5 than it was on release or when Centurion was released.

Well, maybe for some players it's fine, but I tried weeks after S5 and just can't feel good with For Honor. Still, I watch for the game, and deffenetly visit it in S6. I hope For Honor will be cool for me again.

Things I'll try to say up there are I don't have problems with hardcore gameplays. I can learn and leveling my skill (good example is Vermintide), so I don't think skill is a real problem, why I can't feel with For Honor same way as 4-6 monthes ago.

PDXGorechild
04-25-2018, 12:37 PM
1 I am screwed very often. But then I messed up, I went into a bad situation by not sticking with my mates or not waiting for their respawn. And when I see the gank squad coming I can run away, too. Completely my fault to go 1v4. When it is 1v2 or 1v3 I try to take them out. I stay defensive mostly to get Revenge, then pop it to get a throwdown and switch targets during chains. Even if I die in the 3v1, hopefully my team got some points while I fought the enemy.

@OP this is literally all you need to know for your problems regarding unblockables and ganking in dominion. As mentioned it won’t work every time, or even very often, as fighting multiple opponents is obviously difficult, as it should be. It makes you feel epic and it makes it more rewarding when you win. Charmz is right to say it's mostly your fault if you get ganked all the time.

There will be times when you get caught out and ganked and killed very quickly. Occasionally you’ll be outmanoeuvred, or made a risky/sacrificial move and it’ll be unavoidable. Like when you capture the enemies home base on your own to disrupt their points, knowing full well you’ll probably get cut off and ganked as a result.

Most of the time it will be your fault for letting 3 or 4 players corner you. You can minimilse these occurances by:
- Keeping an eye on the mini map
- Being aware of your surroundings
- Map knowledge. Know the entrances/exits/ledges etc. Plan your escape if you are alone. It’s called “For Honor” but there’s no Honor in letting the enemy team gang bang you if you could easily have escaped. Don’t feed them points.
- Staying with your team-mates if you are not playing with friends. If I’m in this situation, I’ll generally roll around with the other 3 if they’re together, or split off with one other to make two teams of two.
- If you are with friends, get on the headset and communicate.

Unblockables are less a problem in group fights than disabling moves are anyway imo. As an assassin, often times one disabling move is all it takes to give the enemy enough time to kill you before you have any chance to react, unblockable attacks or not. But even then – I generally blame myself for letting myself get cornered alone, or accept it as an inevitability.
Or occasionally I’ll go Super Saiyan and kill them all, and feel like my willy got 6 inches bigger.

Having said all this – the community has said it and the devs are aware of it, dominion rewards ganking too much as is currently. Have faith that it will be changed soon.

All the talk of the game becoming an unblockable fest ruled by the DLC characters causing every game mode to be dead in the water just seems like utter bull$hit to me. I got unblockables on my main with season 5, but I rarely use them. I still fear Kensei more than any of the new roster. Raider/Warlord/PK from the original cast are still some of the best characters. Only one unblockable there between all of them. In fact, I’d say that most of the new characters are either well balanced or underwhelming, with Shaman being the obvious exception.

Onto your other points

- Centurion is and always was a horrible class. One trick pony. Now fairly easy to manage but still annoying to play against whether you win or not. I agree that he needs a total rework or removal from the game.
- Shinobi range attack should never have been in a team fighting melee game.
- Duel and brawl mode is quiet, yeah. Still have no trouble finding games though.
- Deathmatch mode is dead because it’s mostly crap. They need new/revamped game modes.
- Dominion is full of gankers but this is being looked into.
- Tribute is alive and thriving.

So whilst I agree with several of your points I think you have an overly negative view. The game has evolved and is now in better shape than it has ever been. Far from perfect but heading in the right direction. It’s still a lot of fun. Going back to how things were in beta would be a massive backstep and we’d be back in turtle meta staring contests. Everybody made clear that is not what they want.

DrinkinMehStella
04-25-2018, 12:41 PM
I agree with most of what you said, it is what it is and you play it based on the fact that you know its not going to get better or just quit simple as.

Charmzzz
04-25-2018, 12:46 PM
I agree with most of what you said, it is what it is and you play it based on the fact that you know its not going to get better or just quit simple as.

But it already got much better due to the parry changes. And the Devs said that they are looking into Feats and ganking being too rewarding. Sure, it will take a while until things will change, but saying "its not going to get better" at all is not correct imo.

Hardcore Necro Thread btw. ^^

CptMatsumaru
04-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Charmzz is right.
Really old post.
Meanwhile, I've changed my mind too.

I have edited the first post so that everyone knows that it concerns the old content of For Honor.

PDXGorechild
04-25-2018, 03:02 PM
Totally missed how old it was, sorry. Scrolling back in time trying to catch up after some time off and missed the date :rolleyes:

CptMatsumaru
04-25-2018, 03:09 PM
no problem. :)

DrinkinMehStella
04-25-2018, 05:08 PM
ahh ok I hadn't been on is so long I thought this post was new. after all tihs time though how do you think it could get any better? my point was that someone is always going to have something to complain about even if a change comes that changes the game completely for the best, someone will still moan. I've been on the forums for as long as you have and we have both seen the same complaints from season 2 still being brought up now.

SpaceJim12
04-25-2018, 05:24 PM
ahh ok I hadn't been on is so long I thought this post was new. after all tihs time though how do you think it could get any better? my point was that someone is always going to have something to complain about even if a change comes that changes the game completely for the best, someone will still moan. I've been on the forums for as long as you have and we have both seen the same complaints from season 2 still being brought up now.

I think some issues just still in the game, so...

CptMatsumaru
04-25-2018, 05:51 PM
As long as the majority is satisfied, the game will develop as it has already been developed.

I had to admit to myself just to practice more and to study the heroes. The motivation is still missing to come online every day but that may come later.

IAmOddGirl
04-25-2018, 08:55 PM
So you like it all the moment. Turtle Power ?! Always wait until a Dash or an attack comes and counter?

I do not do it.

You don't counter an attack? You don't like parrying? Blocking? Dodging? Why the **** are you playing a fighting game then??? Nonsense is your own mentality. Ubisoft please don't listen to a word of this thread lol. I have been in a rage before in Dominion when the enemy are working together and all my teammates are playing some other game entirely in their minds.

The difficulty is why I love this game though, Halo 2 and Halo 3 for example had a very high skill gap. You got your A** handed to you on a platter until you were beaten enough to know better. That's how good players are made. Champions are not born, they are made. Talent is what comes naturally, skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.

YuBiShiGouShi
04-26-2018, 02:18 AM
Just like everything Ubisoft these days...they have to do operation health because all of their games are garbage even a year after release. They haven't release a signal AAA title that isn't garbage.

Vakris_One
04-26-2018, 02:27 AM
Holy necro thread, Batman!

YuBiShiGouShi
04-26-2018, 02:42 AM
For Honor is nothing more than a gankfest for people with low IQ to just group up and spam heavies, unblockables, shoves and kicks. The game has and will always be terrible because of it's mechanics. If and when you do manage to fight a gank group...they just run like cowards and wait for you to be stuck in animation and throw out the coward's random heavy attack. It a game made for cowards by cowards. It's just that simple.

IAmOddGirl
04-26-2018, 02:59 AM
For Honor is nothing more than a gankfest for people with low IQ to just group up and spam heavies, unblockables, shoves and kicks. The game has and will always be terrible because of it's mechanics. If and when you do manage to fight a gank group...they just run like cowards and wait for you to be stuck in animation and throw out the coward's random heavy attack. It a game made for cowards by cowards. It's just that simple.

I would assume you don't play For Honor then? Or any other Ubisoft title....so why are you here? lol. Also gankers have and always will be a method people use to win. I honestly don't even get mad at them for doing it..it is a 4v4 after all.. 4 players..vs 4 players..not 1 at a time. The objectives are what matters and your 3 other teammates should be helping you out. If you are running off to take a point from a 3-4 person squad what exactly do you expect them to do but kill you? You want them to just give the point to you so they can stand a chance of losing? You want them to take turns fighting you? No..that's dueling..there's a playlist for that I am quite sure.

CptMatsumaru
04-26-2018, 10:16 AM
You don't counter an attack? You don't like parrying? Blocking? Dodging? Why the **** are you playing a fighting game then??? Nonsense is your own mentality. Ubisoft please don't listen to a word of this thread lol. I have been in a rage before in Dominion when the enemy are working together and all my teammates are playing some other game entirely in their minds.

The difficulty is why I love this game though, Halo 2 and Halo 3 for example had a very high skill gap. You got your A** handed to you on a platter until you were beaten enough to know better. That's how good players are made. Champions are not born, they are made. Talent is what comes naturally, skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.

Again, old post. Read Edit from first post.

PDXGorechild
04-26-2018, 11:23 AM
https://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/xlarge/public/field/image/2017/07/diablo-iii-necromancer-builds-guide-main.jpg?itok=iJdFSOXL

ilikeguns12
04-27-2018, 08:04 PM
Lol for real, this game has come miles since the beta. Idk what this guy is even talking about

CptMatsumaru
04-27-2018, 08:09 PM
I feel like you have not read the whole text. Only the first sentence would suffice. ;)

UbiJurassic
04-27-2018, 09:31 PM
There seems to be a bit of misunderstanding going on since this is a rather old post, so to prevent any more confusion the community team is going to go ahead and close this thread up.