PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking based on hero you pick?

XJadeDragoonX
03-12-2018, 10:16 PM
I'm rep 0 level 17 with gladiator trying to play some games and enjoy myself. But im over rep 50 so I'm matchmade with people using high rep characters with full gear. I die in 2 heavies. Sadness ensues. Why not matchmake based off the character we are using? I don't really see the logic to the way it currently works

Could I just matchmake against ai? Sure. But it takes longer to find a game. The games are boring and end in like 3 minutes. That's not very fun.

KotoKuraken
03-13-2018, 12:10 AM
You can actually matchmake with AI in any and all gamemodes. Just roll with AI until you get the combos down, then join the player matches later. Gearstats don't make that much of a difference in 4v4s anyways, as they only marginally increase over levels as you progress.

Gladiator actually has a pretty decent healthpool, around the same as Kensei (off by 5), so you won't actually die to anyone in 2 heavies unless they picked up an attack boost or are in Revenge (in which case you need to just not gank unless you can wipe them out faster). He's a very powerful character that's amazing for avoiding damage and interrupting 95% of attacks in the game with his toestab, so practice on bots until you feel you are ready to face real players

XJadeDragoonX
03-13-2018, 12:39 AM
I respect your opinion. But when I get hit by a heavy for 53 damage where mine are doing less than regular damage because I have no attack gear and the enemy has defense gear, I tend to disagree. People should be matched against people of similar gear level. Especially in the gank meta. That's typically how this particular type of game should function in terms of matchmaking. If there's gear stats, you match against similar gear stats enemies.

KotoKuraken
03-13-2018, 01:48 AM
You're most likely getting hit from maybe Kensei, Berserker, Raider, HIghlander, or Shugoki, maybe even an unblockable from Conq. Your damage on a heavy is not sub-par; as a Gladiator your heavies do 30 damage each that are respectably fast, and you have the advantage of interrupting most characters with a toestab, dodge punch, or dodge attack, as well as a pretty safe zone attack which also interrupts most characters with the initial bash.

Though if you think you're dying quickly to those heavies, imagine how quickly non-Assassin characters fare when they have very similar health and don't have deflects or dodge attacks

XJadeDragoonX
03-13-2018, 02:00 AM
I get what you're saying. But my heavy can do let's say 30. But if I get hit by kensei unblockable, I take 70... SEVENTY. Damage. That's more than 2 of my heavies combined. Maybe 3 if he has defensive gear which I'm sure he does. I'll end up doing 25 a heavy. That's 3 heavies for the price of one. Idk I don't think it's farfetched to match people of similar gear rank together. it wouldn't hurt anyone. I don't see why anyone would be opposed

JadeBosson.
03-13-2018, 05:53 AM
while it would be nice I do enjoy getting roflestomped from time to time so I can learn what not to do with a character

Roseguard_Cpt
03-13-2018, 04:59 PM
As much as I like the idea it wouldn't work well with groups. I play the game a lot, rep 23 Nobu with 180 gear, my buddies I like to play dominion with from time to time are rep 1-4 with 10-70 gear. Would it force them to fight people of my level, or force me to fight people of their level? Or would the game not let me play my Nobu and I'd be forced to pick my Conq or Warden?

XJadeDragoonX
03-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Team matchmaking would find somewhere on the middle. So let's sync your gear score is 30 and your friends gear score is 180, you would theoretically be matched with people around gear 100.