PDA

View Full Version : My theory on Assassins Creed (Spoiler?)

Clocktower1979
12-15-2006, 05:46 PM
This theory is the result of watching the movie for the game, visiting the website and the interview ign did with kristen bell. Key things I noticed that lead me to this theory are: 1) when visiting the website notice how the movies and the character of Altair flicker sometimes, as if they more likely a product of Virtual Reality and not the real deal, also notice in the movie that Jade presents, where Altair is killed at the end, if you watch closely on the screen behind Jade, it appears as though your character is viewing a menu through a pair of VR goggles or a VR helmet/visor of some kind, you can even make out a person looking down on you behind the menu. Furthermore the interview with kristen bell reveals much, where she talks about genes with memory and finding out who someones ancestor is. This, coupled with the fact that it has always been speculated that a portion of the game takes place in modern times would lead me to believe that in the game, your character is probably not Altair but is playing Altair through a virtual reality machine.

It's likely that some agency, perhaps the government is in need of an assassin with the skills of Altair, its also likely that your character in the game is actually a descendant of Altair, and you have been tracked down by this agency. The VR simulation they put you in is either for training or testing purposes, perhaps they theorize since you are a descendant of an assassin you have the instincts of one as well. This matrix like VR simulation is probably created to allow you to live the life of Altair and experience what it is to be an assassin.

Once you have completed the VR simulation you will basically be a modern day Altair, or his equal. The last mission in the game probably takes place modern day, where you are now an assassin for this agency and are sent to assassinate someone that has something to do with a conspiracy dating back to the crusades, its possible you may need to assassinate someone who is a descendant of one the people Altair assassinated, or perhaps someone he didnt get the chance to assassinate. This is where I think another secret will be revealed, if you notice in the interview with Kristen Bell the interviewer asks her about controling herself in the game, she doesnt deny the fact that she will be a controllable character, she even makes a remark about someone more coordinated then her being the model fot the the actions her character does in game. This leads me to believe that in the final mission of the game it will be revealed that you are not Altairs great great great great great great grandson, but infact his great great great great great granddaughter or some such. In the final mission of the game you will play Kristen Bell's character in modern time using the skills of Altair to assassinate someone.

This is just a theory btw, it seems like there is a lot of evidence to support this theory however, so if I am right please dont delete this thread, it would only prove my theory as correct.

Clocktower1979
12-15-2006, 05:46 PM
This theory is the result of watching the movie for the game, visiting the website and the interview ign did with kristen bell. Key things I noticed that lead me to this theory are: 1) when visiting the website notice how the movies and the character of Altair flicker sometimes, as if they more likely a product of Virtual Reality and not the real deal, also notice in the movie that Jade presents, where Altair is killed at the end, if you watch closely on the screen behind Jade, it appears as though your character is viewing a menu through a pair of VR goggles or a VR helmet/visor of some kind, you can even make out a person looking down on you behind the menu. Furthermore the interview with kristen bell reveals much, where she talks about genes with memory and finding out who someones ancestor is. This, coupled with the fact that it has always been speculated that a portion of the game takes place in modern times would lead me to believe that in the game, your character is probably not Altair but is playing Altair through a virtual reality machine.

It's likely that some agency, perhaps the government is in need of an assassin with the skills of Altair, its also likely that your character in the game is actually a descendant of Altair, and you have been tracked down by this agency. The VR simulation they put you in is either for training or testing purposes, perhaps they theorize since you are a descendant of an assassin you have the instincts of one as well. This matrix like VR simulation is probably created to allow you to live the life of Altair and experience what it is to be an assassin.

Once you have completed the VR simulation you will basically be a modern day Altair, or his equal. The last mission in the game probably takes place modern day, where you are now an assassin for this agency and are sent to assassinate someone that has something to do with a conspiracy dating back to the crusades, its possible you may need to assassinate someone who is a descendant of one the people Altair assassinated, or perhaps someone he didnt get the chance to assassinate. This is where I think another secret will be revealed, if you notice in the interview with Kristen Bell the interviewer asks her about controling herself in the game, she doesnt deny the fact that she will be a controllable character, she even makes a remark about someone more coordinated then her being the model fot the the actions her character does in game. This leads me to believe that in the final mission of the game it will be revealed that you are not Altairs great great great great great great grandson, but infact his great great great great great granddaughter or some such. In the final mission of the game you will play Kristen Bell's character in modern time using the skills of Altair to assassinate someone.

This is just a theory btw, it seems like there is a lot of evidence to support this theory however, so if I am right please dont delete this thread, it would only prove my theory as correct.

quicksilver_502
12-16-2006, 04:23 AM
its altairs descendant using "genetic memory" to watch his ancestor. read the major spoiler thread.

blindrisu
12-17-2006, 12:30 PM
This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking.... you beat me to it.