PDA

View Full Version : I don't see anyone talking about how progression will be handled in MP custom matches

AlexoEx0
03-12-2018, 04:59 AM
In Far Cry 2 IIRC you would have a "ranked" progression where you would unlock diamonds at a slower but steady rate, allowing you to permanently unlock stuff.

In custom games, you would unlock diamonds very quickly but progress towards unlocking stuff would reset after each game (I can't remember if it would save your level but reset the diamonds which you could re-allocate to the 6 different classes in the game but i'm sure someone can confirm).

I am wondering what will be in Far Cry 5, because as of right now, we have no idea what the progression or customization system will be whatsoever, but I am particularly interested in how it plays out in custom games. I think it would be best if your "ranked" profile just translated across to custom games almost entirely (without xp in custom games however) where your loadouts are either entirely the same or can you get the choice to unlock entirely different things with whatever "points" you get for unlocking stuff.

Anyone else concerned with how progression, customization and loadouts will be handled in FC5? I don't like the idea of the host in MP custom games to entirely decide our loadouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5depZzRAj8 This video goes briefly into the progression system in the "arcade" mode but this leaves me wondering on the difference between the arcade mode and the actual developer-driven multiplayer side of the game.

Thoughts?

usmovers_02
03-12-2018, 06:17 AM
Honestly I'm hoping their's no gameplay progression at all for PvP. In my opinion CoD 4, which really got the MP progression ball rolling, ruined PvP. It was no longer about who's the best player but who invested the most time. Those who did the most grinding had the best weapons. I'm VERY happy to see that in FC5 the map maker has total control over weapons and perks. You want a different weapon than you started with? Go find it on the map. Being able to choose your loadout important to you? Make your own map and set up the loadouts.

Viragoxv535
03-12-2018, 08:02 AM
I think that these things are best left behind the scenes to improve matchmaking. The end-user has to play for fun.

DrShakez
03-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Progression is tied to the campaign (the rewards work in both). You earn the in game currency needed to buy cosmetics. No weapons or other gameplay related content is unlocked from what I've seen, which is great in my opinion.

usmovers_02
03-12-2018, 03:34 PM
So long as you can't unlock anything that gives you an advantage in MP I'm cool

Brimtown
03-12-2018, 04:19 PM
The only problem I see is that you will have people creating maps to give themselves easy ranking. And if you allow custom maps to increase rank and give you access to more perks, then those maps will rise to the top of the "most played"