PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see lag improve on PS4 after dedicated servers?

FledgeSRondo
03-12-2018, 01:58 AM
...because I haven't, unfortunately. The dedicated servers were my last hope for this game because the lag was painful (other online multiplayers I play like Overwatch work fine and are like heaven comparatively), I hadn't played For Honor for half a year waiting and hoping DS would improve the issue but when I fired it up to check the new normal it was all pretty much the same, I didn't notice any difference.

Devils-_-legacy
03-12-2018, 02:36 AM
Lag comp isn't out yet

FledgeSRondo
03-12-2018, 07:19 AM
Lag comp isn't out yet

Lag comp? What's that mean?

Devils-_-legacy
03-12-2018, 07:56 AM
Sorry dude when you mentioned over watch i thought that was what you asking for but lag compensation basically helps the game run smother for all partys like when you block an attack and it suddenly goes through your guard stance this should stopped make it less common overwatch has there own version of lag comp that's why there's a big difference between there servers and ubisoft i think there p2p system did at one point probably why it felt more stable then it currently is

Roseguard_Cpt
03-12-2018, 04:21 PM
Dedicated servers goal was not to fix lag, but rather to help ease/reduce the effects of DCs and Connections. While the servers can help with lag some by giving players an easier source to connect to and play, lag compensation is still in the works.
Maybe we could have a weekend test to see how timesnap would work if brought back? We've been missing it for awhile

CandleInTheDark
03-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Can't speak for PS4 but in terms of connection on Xbox, I have gone from can't finish a match in five to I have dropped two matches in over a hundred.

Lag compensation is going to be the replacement for timesnap, they have the tools in the build to do that but they wanted everyone to have servers so they had data on how many frames they needed to adjust for in terms of hard numbers so that isn't live yet.

FledgeSRondo
03-13-2018, 12:24 AM
Ohhh okay cool, that explains it well, guess I'll have to wait for lag comp to go live then, hopefully they bring it out soon. Thanks for the explanations everybody! :D