PDA

View Full Version : Single pick in 4v4

lMoosel
03-11-2018, 07:07 PM
So weíre a year into the games life cycle now, why donít we have single pick? Literally any other moba/hero based game has it, why donít we? I feel like itís a joke at this point, why is it so overlooked?

CandleInTheDark
03-11-2018, 07:29 PM
Two reasons that have been discussed every time this has come up in the last year.

The devs do not want to restrict choice. (at least in regular play, if I recall ranked is single pick), add to this that some people only play one character.

Single pick where you choose your character after matchmaking does not work in a game that has a gear score tied to armour that you have to play around 50-60 hours to be able to unlock access to (not including refinement which is a minimal boost and would add another 12-16 hours)

JadeBosson.
03-12-2018, 02:32 AM
as the candle man said some people only play one character and I'm only good (imo) with like 2 or 3 of them and with all the ganking / feinting you gotta put of with i'd prob have to join in on the major 4 person ganking one guy just to stay alive with some of the cast if the characters I used got picked before me lol

Devils-_-legacy
03-12-2018, 02:42 AM
One way to make sure no one's forced into a hero they don't use is matchmaking from hero screen that would way better imo

Kelson27
03-12-2018, 10:14 PM
No thanks! Iím good playing what I wanna play.

KotoKuraken
03-12-2018, 11:59 PM
If I'm trying to level a character, I don't want to beat others to the punch to do it
If I have a main character I want to play in the game I paid for, I don't want to beat others to the punch to do it
And if I want to play that character because I want to play it, I don't want to beat others to the punch to do it

Arekonator
03-13-2018, 12:06 AM
I see no issue with hero stacking. Single pick is fine where it is - ranked games only.

Tyrjo
03-13-2018, 09:29 AM
Single pick is great in ranked. The problem is, no one plays ranked.

Any MOBA-like game worth its money has a thriving ranked mode. In the unranked mode you find the scrubs, quitters and toxic pools.

In For Honor it's the other way around. What did the devs do wrong!?

guor6800
03-13-2018, 10:15 AM

Any MOBA-like game worth its money has a thriving ranked mode. In the unranked mode you find the scrubs, quitters and toxic pools.

Had the awesome idea to put random rewards in ranked mode? I mean lets pick my main, wait about half an hour to find a tournament,spend another hour fighting against whatever cheese is possible and after you get the W your reward is something for a champion you haven't even unlocked.

Next level brilliance.

CandleInTheDark
03-13-2018, 11:21 AM

These are pretty much guesses and personal reasons but this is my take on it.

It was released on P2P servers, this means that everyone who had issues with the regular dominion playlist had those same issues there, I tried one ranked match and got kicked out two minutes in.

They then, on getting servers, changed it to the less popular tribute,something they are reversing this thursday.

Because it is not a tournament format, there wasn't the obvious end point to put in rewards like with duel which I guess is part of why they are increasing rewards from end of match. That might actually get me trying ranked when it goes back to dominion, though I will have to be sure to have more than one character I am working up given the single pick,while gear stats don't matter, having to be the first to get the one I am working on will be annoying.

Last week they increased rewards, this week it is going back to dominion, they said there will be more changes coming. This is what I would do in the future.

I would have ranked specific gear drop alongside the regular drops, rarer and cosmetic but a definite this is from ranked same as the ornaments from duel. I would have each increase in rank be tied to a reward (maybe an ornament or colour pattern, an effect for the last one?) and, this last one is based purely on if they can get the needed numbers into ranked, since it is single pick I would change the matchmaking so you select your character before being put on a team with a view to seeing if they can do this and put together teams with matching gear score colours in the regular modes at a later time if it works well.

Redkey.
03-13-2018, 12:53 PM
Pro.
Better matchmaking based on your best gear and skills on particular character.
Ability to control the amount of classes in one team.

Cons.
Flexibility is gone.
Player base is not big enough and matchmaking will takes longer for sure.

But flexibility is not really an issue because usually (on PC) lobby's is gone after a one or two matches because of... "oh my god i will not play against a shaman", or .. "they to powerfull i will loking for someone else..."