PDA

View Full Version : Maybe next time...

Okita_Soji..
03-10-2018, 02:57 PM
If perhaps there is a For Honor 2 we will get the game they advertised long ago. There is one trailer I'm thinking about where at the end the 4 knights are standing together looking down on a battle field after killing a samurai, the the Vikings come charging in from behind and the Knights turn and run at them. It shows the 3 factions grouped together fighting off the other factions. I hear the p2p we had couldn't handle the game like it was shown then. Matchmaking would take so long trying to get that to work. Imagine if there was such a thing as a faction war. Imagine picking a faction and playing along with members of your faction where it wasn't so much individual performance that was rated but faction performance. Instead of now where I fight as a lone samurai teamed with knights and Vikings and my performance helps my opposing factions. If I have a good game and help in the win, I just helped my enemy gain troops, execusions, experience points. Now..it feels more solo no matter what mode you play and alone. Now..there aren't 3 separate factions, we are all jumbled together fighting for ourselves. Next time perhaps they can learn from their mistakes.

Going back to that trailer when it showed the clip of 4 knights together, 4 Vikings together and 4 samurai together they didn't look like heroes they looked like classes. For the samurai if I want to use a katana I have to play as orochi or nodachi I have to pick kensei. If I were a knight and wanted to use a longsword or a flail or a mace, maybe I want a shield nah I want to use a pole axe. It's been brought up before but imagine picking a class and equipping it how you like. Unlocking proficiencies for the different weapons with levels of proficency that allow more moves. You unlock or buy armor, weapons, just like patterns, engraving, and symbols. Making your warrior unique and can change it up you like. Next time perhaps they can learn from their mistakes.

I don't see anywhere in that trailer or any of them the cartoonish atmosphere the game has turned into. Dodge attacks now leave a blue blur, rainbows, hearts, fireworks everywhere. I understand people like that stuff but it shouldn't be in this game. I don't want to see a samurai dance, ski, hit a baseball, etc. That is something that should be in games like fortnite. I hear you can turn off effects so you don't see them but why should you have to turn off things that shouldn't be in the game in the first place. Allow me to turn off things like blood, etc. The trailers look gritty and real and what we have now is nothing like that. This is another reason why people are turning away from the game. The story mode like it or not wasn't full of gags and humor, it was good and you got to try different heroes as the story went on. There were big battle scenes and siege moments that unfortunately didn't make it into the multiplayer mode. Next time perhaps they can learn from their mistakes

I've stuck around playing, well now it's less and less, as there are no other good samurai games. Most are very involved with fantasy and fighting monsters. Lately I've been playing Shadow Tactics which doesn't have the action or the graphics this has. A different type of game and not what I really want to play. For Honor now seems like a attempt at something great that failed to meet so many expectations not just of me but others. Sure there are diehards out there who defend every aspect of this game as there is nothing else like this. The fighting mechanics are a great idea. I love the attacking and defending the 3 zones idea. Next time perhaps they can learn from their mistakes.

Hopefully when Ghost of Tsushima arrives it will be more true to the trailers. I beg of Sucker Punch to not follow the path that Ubisoft did. Keep it true to what is advertised and not follow this modern meme culture.

Illyrian_King
03-10-2018, 04:01 PM
If perhaps there is a For Honor 2 we will get the game they advertised long ago. There is one trailer I'm thinking about where at the end the 4 knights are standing together looking down on a battle field after killing a samurai, the the Vikings come charging in from behind and the Knights turn and run at them. It shows the 3 factions grouped together fighting off the other factions. I hear the p2p we had couldn't handle the game like it was shown then. Matchmaking would take so long trying to get that to work. Imagine if there was such a thing as a faction war. Imagine picking a faction and playing along with members of your faction where it wasn't so much individual performance that was rated but faction performance. Instead of now where I fight as a lone samurai teamed with knights and Vikings and my performance helps my opposing factions. If I have a good game and help in the win, I just helped my enemy gain troops, execusions, experience points. Now..it feels more solo no matter what mode you play and alone. Now..there aren't 3 separate factions, we are all jumbled together fighting for ourselves. Next time perhaps they can learn from their mistakes.

Going back to that trailer when it showed the clip of 4 knights together, 4 Vikings together and 4 samurai together they didn't look like heroes they looked like classes. For the samurai if I want to use a katana I have to play as orochi or nodachi I have to pick kensei. If I were a knight and wanted to use a longsword or a flail or a mace, maybe I want a shield nah I want to use a pole axe. It's been brought up before but imagine picking a class and equipping it how you like. Unlocking proficiencies for the different weapons with levels of proficency that allow more moves. You unlock or buy armor, weapons, just like patterns, engraving, and symbols. Making your warrior unique and can change it up you like. Next time perhaps they can learn from their mistakes.

I don't see anywhere in that trailer or any of them the cartoonish atmosphere the game has turned into. Dodge attacks now leave a blue blur, rainbows, hearts, fireworks everywhere. I understand people like that stuff but it shouldn't be in this game. I don't want to see a samurai dance, ski, hit a baseball, etc. That is something that should be in games like fortnite. I hear you can turn off effects so you don't see them but why should you have to turn off things that shouldn't be in the game in the first place. Allow me to turn off things like blood, etc. The trailers look gritty and real and what we have now is nothing like that. This is another reason why people are turning away from the game. The story mode like it or not wasn't full of gags and humor, it was good and you got to try different heroes as the story went on. There were big battle scenes and siege moments that unfortunately didn't make it into the multiplayer mode. Next time perhaps they can learn from their mistakes

I've stuck around playing, well now it's less and less, as there are no other good samurai games. Most are very involved with fantasy and fighting monsters. Lately I've been playing Shadow Tactics which doesn't have the action or the graphics this has. A different type of game and not what I really want to play. For Honor now seems like a attempt at something great that failed to meet so many expectations not just of me but others. Sure there are diehards out there who defend every aspect of this game as there is nothing else like this. The fighting mechanics are a great idea. I love the attacking and defending the 3 zones idea. Next time perhaps they can learn from their mistakes.

Hopefully when Ghost of Tsushima arrives it will be more true to the trailers. I beg of Sucker Punch to not follow the path that Ubisoft did. Keep it true to what is advertised and not follow this modern meme culture.

Pretty much this!

Give us the game as it was advertised instead of this cartoonish nutshell

Tecknoterrorist
03-10-2018, 10:02 PM
I think ubisoft think to the money more than result of own games. This is why when for honor was released Ubi release ghost recon demo immediatly, and leave for honor without fast rework\fix, they take one year for change a simple free guard break after parry and give us a servers (and still dont work). Remember Ubisoft dont really care about his games and players, ubi care about money first.
And is ok "who dont need money?" this game is not born from love of videogame, this game is born for make more money as possible and this is why is become fantasyfancymeme. this stuff attract kids, kids pay with dad money and ubi is happy.
Character like shaman it's just stupid to think that a character can jump in long distances kilometers and bite doing more damage than weapon, but kids really like this type of characters. so MAKE IT FAST.
shaman it's conceptually idiot.
Original version of for honor i think was the best of the best for a videogame but is for some players not commerciable to large scale, non commerciable for kids... that's why now we have "for spamfancy" and not a gritty medieval game called FOR HONOR!

I really love this game, but i hate Ubisoft politics.
I'm sorry for my sincerity, but things are so otherwise there is no other explanation.

Illyrian_King
03-10-2018, 11:07 PM
I think ubisoft think to the money more than result of own games. This is why when for honor was released Ubi release ghost recon demo immediatly, and leave for honor without fast rework\fix, they take one year for change a simple free guard break after parry and give us a servers (and still dont work). Remember Ubisoft dont really care about his games and players, ubi care about money first.
And is ok "who dont need money?" this game is not born from love of videogame, this game is born for make more money as possible and this is why is become fantasyfancymeme. this stuff attract kids, kids pay with dad money and ubi is happy.
Character like shaman it's just stupid to think that a character can jump in long distances kilometers and bite doing more damage than weapon, but kids really like this type of characters. so MAKE IT FAST.
shaman it's conceptually idiot.
Original version of for honor i think was the best of the best for a videogame but is for some players not commerciable to large scale, non commerciable for kids... that's why now we have "for spamfancy" and not a gritty medieval game called FOR HONOR!

I really love this game, but i hate Ubisoft politics.
I'm sorry for my sincerity, but things are so otherwise there is no other explanation.

Pretty much summed it up!

The point you mentioned above, that it couldn't originally attract the wide audience simply explained: The game was not ready at release :rolleyes:
It was still in it's kids shoes and not viable in it's original form!
There was too little content and core mechanics in general!

It was naive and dumb from Ubisoft to release this game with only 12 unready heroes, 5 Modes (only Dominion and Duell being really popular), 6 maps that were capable for Dominion (for a long time even just 4 because the 2 viking maps had issues) ... and btw talking about Dominion as a Mode that stayed the same since E3 2015 (here proof yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3NKQlJPuo) without getting any further improvements like at least having archers on some strategic points or whatever ... all that on broke-*** P2P network.

The Faction War was a joke and got just little improvement and that remains this way as long as I fight with a multiculty team (I hate racism btw) against my own knight minions. Where is your Faction War?

The game offers crappy costumization with 99% ready made Heroes and strict moveset, instead of giving us more individualization possibilites beyond 4 armour skins (that look pretty much the same) with some spikeZ and some colour patterns (no reallife warrior every wore on his armour).

No Siege Mode or anything similar that lets you participate on a real battle experience and even Dominion being nowhere near. Even now after 1 year no slight improement in sight!
Also no feeling of really having an army or anything like that.
Not even to think about going further like eqiping minions with different weapons with own stats, guild system with own castles, dynamic environment one could shape with a catapult for example.
Eventhough it's well known that the most played Mode is Dominion ... but Ubi failed seemingly to interpretate even clear numbers.

--> Of course this was not enough to attract the large audience :cool:
Did Ubi really expected making the hit of the century with this?
It was not ready!
The combat system is basically everything the game offers and Ubi is dumb to rely only on this.

It's the death of potential that could have been increased even beyond that with the "long term commitment" Ubi praises since pre-launch! The sad reality is that Ubi needs an eternity to remove a guarteed guardbreak after parry, that one with sane common sense might think they have something in the pipes like a whole new mechanic that allows slow classes like Lawbringer or Goki to press a button when parried to push through the parry and make the enemy lose stamina instead. All that rounded up with some beautiful Motion Capture maybe.

That what we got at launch, should have been pre-alpha guys ... not release!

The problem is not the game concept, because the game had a hype that was gigantic! It was advertised like crazy! It was a niche game, because there is nothing similar and that was a huge advantage. Many people wanted to buy it, but nowadays many people look videos on youtube and all they saw was that ... I mean if there was something to be seen beside all the disconnects.
The problem was how Ubi hurried and wasted the whole really anticipated concept out of their pure greed for money and gave us this "approximation" that is getting more and more away from what would actually work!

Now instead of fixing their crap, they try to attract another audience with some emotes, meme magic, firework, pink hearts and this embarressing cartoonish "1 Heroes jumps into 99 minions and comes out with more health" instead of fixing their sh*t (and sorry for my language).
Have fun kids ripping through paper soldiers with 1dmg per hit even on cloth armour like Nobushi has.
It must hurt more to be kicked by a 5-year-old then being cut by a minion's sword ;b

Ubi ruined something that could have literally VANISHED all these games like PUBG, Fortnite or wahtever, if it was more ready at release ... now the image of the wide audience is ruined more or less and people know the gritty game they first felt in love with as the failed medieval brawler that is somehow focused on duels.

If Ubi was to work longer on it and put more money IN it, they would have gotten multiple times more money OUT of it ... but they were hasty ... well done!
That is what the economist calls "opportunistic costs" ... a profit that is lost due to wrong decisions like investing in the wrong horse.

EDG_Avocado
03-11-2018, 03:22 AM
For Honor 2? how bout no

SpaceJim12
03-11-2018, 03:41 AM
The problem is there will be no For Honor 2.
Game ruined and in season five we didn't even get some new content. For Honor is dead, and even devs know it, and Ubi know it.

Ulrichvonbek111
03-11-2018, 11:06 AM
They've broken my heart with this sh!t..
Cartoon land for kids...
Disgraceful behaviour and disrespect to others through continuously spamming over a broken body..not beaten in honourable combat but smashed with feverish stupidity by 3 or 4 drooling wannabes...
Sh!t like "yeah ya salty man git gud have some salt" then the Dev's actually have the audacity to bring an emote throwing what...salt...WOW.
Promoting alcohol consumption,,all I can say on this us,really.

The f'in bull lame excuses we have rammed down our throats with great insult to our intelligence about the Faction War.
Yet we see again another clean sweep by the Vikings dawning for this 2nd Campaign.The crap we were expected to believe on Warriors Den last week concerning this,,"yeah you guys ain't fighting",,,utter contempt.,I've said this all along since the end of Season 2 that their contempt and total disregard is insatiable..
So what do the Vikings get this time ?

Why have you deliberately allowed the concept of this game to die by appeasing those who want ridiculous childish inducing content,,in fact it ain't content it's utter sh!t.

Another thing by the way..see your guy who's "meant to hit the button,,you know the big button"for the Emblem and Outline reward for Open Test rewards that were due ....again contempt and disregard for console community...then f'in hit it when you've unpacked your suitcase.

Jarl.Felix
03-11-2018, 01:23 PM
I still don't understand why people post opinions on official game forum. Nobody from the dev team actually reads them. You must go on reddit.

HazelrahFirefly
03-11-2018, 05:12 PM
A) The game doesn't feel dead at all

B) I see no evidence of even suggestion that the devs think of it as dead. Pulling out of your asses much?

C) People actually want it so you can only fight with your faction? Lol what a joke. That would be a terrible game. I selected Samurai because I am a weeb at heart (Ghosts of Tsushima is my number 1 anticipated game, and my book series (onw published so far) takes place in Japan). However, I only like the Orochi from that group of 6. On the otjer hand, I play three knights and three Vikings each. So, what, I shouldn't be allowed to play them unless I switch factions? I shouldn't be allowed to play with my friends who picked Vikings and Knights as their faction? Gtfo of here with that nonsense.

Ulrichvonbek111
03-11-2018, 08:39 PM

B) I see no evidence of even suggestion that the devs think of it as dead. Pulling out of your asses much?

C) People actually want it so you can only fight with your faction? Lol what a joke. That would be a terrible game. I selected Samurai because I am a weeb at heart (Ghosts of Tsushima is my number 1 anticipated game, and my book series (onw published so far) takes place in Japan). However, I only like the Orochi from that group of 6. On the otjer hand, I play three knights and three Vikings each. So, what, I shouldn't be allowed to play them unless I switch factions? I shouldn't be allowed to play with my friends who picked Vikings and Knights as their faction? Gtfo of here with that nonsense.

I'm Samurai from closed Beta and I truly love the Berserker.
I'm not a weeb,,such a self derogatory term,,but I respect what the Samurai were..I respect the Nordic culture,their Gods and prowess for adventure,,combat and exploration.

I don't think the post is directed at fighting not alongside friends .
I do understand the exact point being that when you fight alongside randoms there is every possibility they gain advantage of your skills and tenacity.
Thus when I face the final 36 hours of each campaign I join the battle with my Bushido brothers and sisters by my side ensuring that we for our Samurai kin keep every asset for our war effort.
We are outnumbered in the Great War so every strategy and tactic are utilized to preserve our honour.

So as far as being rude "gtfo"... as far as "otjer" goes well let's make sure you have the spellchecker on for your books.

I too await Ghosts of Tsushima.

Not being a "weeb" I'm delighted that on the 19th of this month I go to Japan for 16 days.

EDG_Avocado
03-11-2018, 11:17 PM

the game isn't dead? you must be in the universe where For Honer was released with dedicated servers lmao

Okita_Soji..
03-11-2018, 11:58 PM
What I'm really saying is the game seems to have lost it's intitial direction. The game was described in June 2015 "I haven't actually been able to really put a name to For Honor's genre," Vandenberghe explains. "It's close-quarters melee combat. ‘Shooter with swords' is something we've been throwing around, and it's pretty accurate." Also from the same article "For Honor is a fast-paced, competitive experience mixing skill, strategy, and team play with visceral melee combat." COD with swords it was referred to in other articles.

The game has split in different ways pc vs console and 1v1 vs 4v4. On pc I hear certain things are easier than console for whatever reason, not getting into that. So balancing issues persist trying to make everyone happy but that gets no where as some one will always be left out. Personally I feel Ubi caters more to the pc crowd addressing issues they present, "defense meta", faster attack speeds, etc.. Ubi needs to make money and with the players counts where they are not sure why they don't cater the the majority. Not saying anything is wrong with pc or it's players but why listen to the minority? Hence here we are with the current state of fast attacks, ub's, hyper armor for everyone. It's not a matter of if I alone can handle it, sure there are ways to counter everything, but together as a whole there is now a problem. If it had became too easy on pc then great you are really good and enjoy it, dominate.

Which leads to my other point, somewhere along the way the game has split between duels and everything else. Now this might upset people but here I go...Duels should be just an a mini game mode. Something to do with friends or even a tournament. Things shouldn't really be balanced so much for it. The game was always shown and talked about as a large scale battle.It was not supposed to be street fighter or tekken with swords. When I read things like "his zone is useless in 1v1" I wanna hit my head against something. It's not supposed to. Zone attack is a wide arching clearance move to create space. Many games have an attack when you are surrounded to clear it and give some room. So not every attack should be viable in a 1v1 situation. This was to be a game based on the idea of real combat brought to us in a video game in large battles. It should be hectic and intense with you fighting along side your faction, of the same faction, vs the other 2 in a war. Hence why it is described as "fast-paced" not a starring contest for 3 minutes waiting for someone to attack to get a parry. If you want to test yourself out 1v1 that's great do it in a "Arena mode" but Ubi should have given us the game they described. What we got is watered down battle mode with fighting mechanics catered to 1v1 combat. Sure shamans bite or leap attack is no issue 1v1 in a closed setting with all the time I want to regen stamina and pace myself attacking. Then a battle in a zone watching ledges, fire, spikes...dealing with a raider zone stun tap and those shamans moves are now not a joke. Not trying to whine or call for nerfs or buffs but what I'm trying to say the game isn't balanced for the mode it was meant for and never will.

One last thing, I said it many times and in many threads the factions mean nothing if we are all jumbled together. There should be no more talk of a faction war and it is falsely displayed. As long as we fight along side the heroes of different factions and even the factions themselves there will never be a war. Sure you hear my friends a knight and I'm a Viking and we want to play together, well they wouldn't. Yeah people would be upset but that's how it was supposed to be. A team of Knights vs a team of Vikings vs a team of Samurai just like the game cover and all the trailers.

Hormly
03-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Perhaps a future event where faction locks to class selection??

Id enjoy that, but ultimately giving us the freedom to play who we want is the way to go

Okita_Soji..
03-12-2018, 01:18 AM
Freedom to play who you want is fine but it isn't a faction war. That could a free for all mode that has zero impact on anything regarding the factions or the war. The main modes should be divided into each factions. Now there are servers 4v4v4 is a minimum, 6's or 8's is needed. All devided per faction. So yeah pick knight faction and play only as Knights. This is just a one reason the faction war is a joke. Leave dominion as a free for all for those who want to jump around but make a real faction battle mode. 3 sides pitted against one another like we all saw at the end of that one trailer. Knights took out all the samurai but wait here come the Vikings still alive..... Faction war shouldn't be just how many troops you deploy on a top down game that has no basis to actual game play. Make factions count for something.

Look at TYM event, it was divided into factions until week 3 as they ran out of bosses to fight so we got 2 of Tozen. That one should have been a 3v3 so there wasn't a duplicate boss. They should have kept each group to maps of their origin to keep the theme. A 3v3 Arena mode would be something interesting...one from each faction like in one of the trailers. If your faction was taken quit and join another game. Same would go for the non hero stacking other modes, if your hero is already picked join another game.

The main theme is war between each faction. Make it so...

Ulrichvonbek111
03-12-2018, 03:42 AM
What I'm really saying is the game seems to have lost it's intitial direction. The game was described in June 2015 "I haven't actually been able to really put a name to For Honor's genre," Vandenberghe explains. "It's close-quarters melee combat. ‘Shooter with swords' is something we've been throwing around, and it's pretty accurate." Also from the same article "For Honor is a fast-paced, competitive experience mixing skill, strategy, and team play with visceral melee combat." COD with swords it was referred to in other articles.

The game has split in different ways pc vs console and 1v1 vs 4v4. On pc I hear certain things are easier than console for whatever reason, not getting into that. So balancing issues persist trying to make everyone happy but that gets no where as some one will always be left out. Personally I feel Ubi caters more to the pc crowd addressing issues they present, "defense meta", faster attack speeds, etc.. Ubi needs to make money and with the players counts where they are not sure why they don't cater the the majority. Not saying anything is wrong with pc or it's players but why listen to the minority? Hence here we are with the current state of fast attacks, ub's, hyper armor for everyone. It's not a matter of if I alone can handle it, sure there are ways to counter everything, but together as a whole there is now a problem. If it had became too easy on pc then great you are really good and enjoy it, dominate.

Which leads to my other point, somewhere along the way the game has split between duels and everything else. Now this might upset people but here I go...Duels should be just an a mini game mode. Something to do with friends or even a tournament. Things shouldn't really be balanced so much for it. The game was always shown and talked about as a large scale battle.It was not supposed to be street fighter or tekken with swords. When I read things like "his zone is useless in 1v1" I wanna hit my head against something. It's not supposed to. Zone attack is a wide arching clearance move to create space. Many games have an attack when you are surrounded to clear it and give some room. So not every attack should be viable in a 1v1 situation. This was to be a game based on the idea of real combat brought to us in a video game in large battles. It should be hectic and intense with you fighting along side your faction, of the same faction, vs the other 2 in a war. Hence why it is described as "fast-paced" not a starring contest for 3 minutes waiting for someone to attack to get a parry. If you want to test yourself out 1v1 that's great do it in a "Arena mode" but Ubi should have given us the game they described. What we got is watered down battle mode with fighting mechanics catered to 1v1 combat. Sure shamans bite or leap attack is no issue 1v1 in a closed setting with all the time I want to regen stamina and pace myself attacking. Then a battle in a zone watching ledges, fire, spikes...dealing with a raider zone stun tap and those shamans moves are now not a joke. Not trying to whine or call for nerfs or buffs but what I'm trying to say the game isn't balanced for the mode it was meant for and never will.

One last thing, I said it many times and in many threads the factions mean nothing if we are all jumbled together. There should be no more talk of a faction war and it is falsely displayed. As long as we fight along side the heroes of different factions and even the factions themselves there will never be a war. Sure you hear my friends a knight and I'm a Viking and we want to play together, well they wouldn't. Yeah people would be upset but that's how it was supposed to be. A team of Knights vs a team of Vikings vs a team of Samurai just like the game cover and all the trailers.

Indeed.
Well said.

SpaceJim12
03-12-2018, 10:08 AM

Only because you can find match in 3-5 minutes do not mean game full of life. And with all "I quit" threads even from console players and with all stagnation of season five there a lot of reasons to believe game is dead.
Devs didn't do anything special last year, and didn't promise anything special in future. So, they, I suppose, as well understand For Honor won't live long from now on.

SpaceJim12
03-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Not trying to whine or call for nerfs or buffs but what I'm trying to say the game isn't balanced for the mode it was meant for and never will.

+1