PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think zone input is inconsistent?

XJadeDragoonX
03-09-2018, 10:35 PM
I feel like it only works correctly like 60 percent of the time

Aidames
03-10-2018, 12:51 AM
I think so too. Sometimes my character just swings random lights or heavies even though I pressed the right input.

More surprising is this though: why can't I remap the Zone Attack to an actual key instead of mouse input? I have over 100 keys on my keyboard, I'll find a place for it.

Kelson27
03-10-2018, 02:16 AM
Yup. X1 here and the amount of times I throw out lights or heavies instead, bad inputs. Used to be way more consistent too, no problem a couple months back as Raider, now Iím playing orochi and also bout 60% of the time it works.

Tirik22x
03-10-2018, 02:27 AM
Yup. My zone works 1/3 attempts generally.

Tyrjo
03-10-2018, 09:13 AM
It's just a matter of practice. I don't think it should have its own button.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-10-2018, 09:24 AM
In general, I feel I get them at least 90% of the time on demand. The problem I have is that there will be these weird instances from time to time where I'll fail 5+ times consecutively usually when trying to clear minions out.

XJadeDragoonX
03-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Sometimes it can be a very make or break situation for you. You got for a zone with raider and somehow it becomes a heavy into stunning tap and you get light parried. Or instead of shaman zone you go for a heavy into bleeding stab. That can really mess up your flow. It could be that my controller is older so the input isn't as responsive but still. I've been killed because my zone came out as a heavy or something

CandleInTheDark
03-10-2018, 07:43 PM
I usually get it around 90% of the time, though I will also have times like ArchdukeInstinct said where five times in a row it just isn't going.

I think so too. Sometimes my character just swings random lights or heavies even though I pressed the right input.

More surprising is this though: why can't I remap the Zone Attack to an actual key instead of mouse input? I have over 100 keys on my keyboard, I'll find a place for it.

You have a hundred keys on your keyboard, sure, remember there is the console as well and on console every single button is in use, unless people have Elite controllers and four extra buttons there is nothing to be done there. The devs aren't going to do something on one platform they can't do on others outside saying hey maybe you should spend £130/$180 on a controller (that is fragile and in some cases don't last a month)

UbiInsulin
03-10-2018, 08:01 PM
This is something that's been reported since the zone flicker fix. The required inputs are a bit stricter now.

We have let the team know that players are experiencing issues performing these attacks, but some report that they're able to nail the timing with a bit of practice.

XJadeDragoonX
03-10-2018, 08:06 PM
This is something that's been reported since the zone flicker fix. The required inputs are a bit stricter now.

We have let the team know that players are experiencing issues performing these attacks, but some report that they're able to nail the timing with a bit of practice.

Fair enough but I've been playing games my entire life. I shouldn't have to practice pressing 2 buttons at the same time lol. Pretty sure I've got that ability down

swiss_soldier_1
03-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Agreed, and that its not on the player's part to fix this

pure_energist
03-10-2018, 11:01 PM
I've mained Conqueror for first time in season 5 and I notice this as well; however, I also felt it may be a smart nerf on zone attacks. Currently I can't launch a zone after attacks and defenses but must wait for what seems like additional recovery time after hits and blocks and then I have to ensure my double trigger input is together. I can consistently launch zone attacks now; but It does require more precise inputs with more thought about the action occurring at the time I want to hit with it. I really enjoy the ability to block and hit but I also know I can't just launch anytime I feel threatened but I have to wait for recoveries which I feel makes it more balanced. Not being able to whip out a zone in desperation is good in my opinion.

Jarl.Felix
03-10-2018, 11:17 PM
The most frustrated problem is with warden. Many, many of wardens zone attack turns into a top heavy which cannot be canceled and easy to parry. Other heroes dont have this problem, or at least not so often.

It's definitely something that requires knowledge from devs to fix, but yeah, Ubisoft...

pure_energist
03-10-2018, 11:26 PM
The most frustrated problem is with warden. Many, many of wardens zone attack turns into a top heavy which cannot be canceled and easy to parry. Other heroes dont have this problem, or at least not so often.

It's definitely something that requires knowledge from devs to fix, but yeah, Ubisoft...

Go to practice mode and see the timing differences now in using Zone Attack and any new input timing restrictions. I only have the Conq as he is all I've mostly played recently; however, perhaps the same recoveries restrictions also apply to wardens . Before you could cancel heavies into zones as Warden and I wonder if that even possible now. If there is more recovery restrictions I'm good with it.

pure_energist
03-10-2018, 11:30 PM
I feel like it only works correctly like 60 percent of the time

Maybe I'm completely off base but maybe it isn't inconsistent as much as there are now more recovery restrictions on when it can be thrown... I started finding ways to be more consistent when I started finding when I wasn't consistent and what actions was occurring at that time; I started believing there was more recovery frames now that I had to wait for; but this was all subjective and I havn't attempted to prove it in practice modes. Wonder if anyone else thinks its recovery based or is an actual inconsistent input of an action that should always be allowed.

XJadeDragoonX
03-11-2018, 03:57 AM
Maybe I'm completely off base but maybe it isn't inconsistent as much as there are now more recovery restrictions on when it can be thrown... I started finding ways to be more consistent when I started finding when I wasn't consistent and what actions was occurring at that time; I started believing there was more recovery frames now that I had to wait for; but this was all subjective and I havn't attempted to prove it in practice modes. Wonder if anyone else thinks its recovery based or is an actual inconsistent input of an action that should always be allowed.

It's possible but even when I throw them out randomly to get some easy damage it happens

Aidames
03-11-2018, 07:55 AM
"You have a hundred keys on your keyboard, sure, remember there is the console as well and on console every single button is in use, unless people have Elite controllers and four extra buttons there is nothing to be done there. The devs aren't going to do something on one platform they can't do on others outside saying hey maybe you should spend £130/$180 on a controller (that is fragile and in some cases don't last a month) "

I don't see the problem. The game already has way more configurable keys than buttons on a controller. How is adding one more a problem? A zone attack is a separate attack, it should have a separate button, or at least players should be able to remap it.

Kelson27
03-12-2018, 04:08 AM
In general, I feel I get them at least 90% of the time on demand. The problem I have is that there will be these weird instances from time to time where I'll fail 5+ times consecutively usually when trying to clear minions out.

I was just thinking on this, I find it fails under those exact circumstances too. 1v1 I generally get them, vs minions I sit there hitting the same two buttons over and over and it just wonít fire off.

Strange thing but a year ago when I mained raider I never had this problem. Iíve been back for 3 or so months and as orochi Iím light/heavy attacking minions all day.

Thereís no git gud here, if your still playing for honour your likely a fairly dedicated gamer... hitting two buttons at the same time isnít beyond my abilities. It just ainít working.

MumfordDaHound
03-12-2018, 05:09 AM
I was just thinking on this, I find it fails under those exact circumstances too. 1v1 I generally get them, vs minions I sit there hitting the same two buttons over and over and it just wonít fire off.

Strange thing but a year ago when I mained raider I never had this problem. Iíve been back for 3 or so months and as orochi Iím light/heavy attacking minions all day.

Thereís no git gud here, if your still playing for honour your likely a fairly dedicated gamer... hitting two buttons at the same time isnít beyond my abilities. It just ainít working.

I have had the same issue for awhile. What I've found with orochi anyways, well I guess any character. If you quickly tap both buttons and not press and hold it, makes it much much better. I litterly just discovered this recently, I did it by mistake.

mrmistark
03-12-2018, 05:55 AM

This has BEEN a problem for a long, and one that has been brought up multiple times. You see why people arenít filled with confidence whenever things are ďreportedĒ? Just because you can practice it and ďnail the timingĒ DOESNT MEAN IT ISNT BROKEN.

I literally have to push the buttons at SEPTERATE times in order to get a successful zone attack. Iím forced to do a super tricky heavy into tiny delay light just to make it go off instead of being able to remap my buttons. The Xbox controller has L3, Lbumper, and R3 still open. Allow us to move non combat necessary things like emotes to these never used buttons and give us more dang room for the essentials if you ARENT GOING TO FIX A BASIC MECHANIC THATS BEEN BROKEN ďSINCE ZONE FLICKER FIXĒ.

Sorry for caps, but Jesus Christ! How many times do simple mechanic issues like this need to be repetitively screamed from the rooftops before youíll come up with a solution? Never mind, let my reword that...IMPLEMENT one of the multiple solutions that everyone has purposed over the repetitive months of this issue? Changing the input for 1 attack CANT be that hard. Balancing is an issue, bugs are an issue, gear is an issue, but a basic GAME MECHANIC? Like cmon! How is this not ever a priority? Even for those of us who have it down to a science still have about a 10% fail rate and for something so simple and something thatís basically a core mechanic, itís incredibly disappointing that it STILL hasnít been fixed. Maybe to some it may seem like an over reaction, but itís the difference between winning or losing sometimes. Thatís not the take away though. Itís just something so trivial and important to game play that itís absolutely absurd that it hasnít been fixed yet, or at VERY least given an option to change buttons.

DirantSenpai
11-17-2018, 02:34 AM
In my case it BARELY works a 33% of the times. With no differences if I'm fighting a duel or killing minions... I main Kensei, Warden and wanted to give Raider a try. But now I can't even play those characters so... Thanks, Ubi.

The_B0G_
11-18-2018, 03:07 PM
After the flicker fix I was having some major issues with zones, getting it about 25% of the time, after practicing it a few weeks, I could get it to about 80-85% success rate, so I still miss it the odd time, but not often.

I think it's hard on console due to the trigger on the controller, the bumper (R1 on ps4) is a lot like a mouse button, one tiny click and its hit, the trigger however (R2 on ps4) has a little travel distance before it is compressed enough to activate the input, that's where things go wrong for a lot of people, you almost have to hit the trigger(R2) a split second before the bumper(R1) to get consistent zones.

It's easier on PC because there's no travel time on any inputs.