PDA

View Full Version : So, a few us us went to Montreal last December to meet the devs, and test the MP...

akilyoung
03-09-2018, 08:50 PM
https://youtu.be/ASLa-jlrOxM

So, now that Ubi posted this video, we can talk a bit about the MP....

Ill just start by saying that, its not so bad. Yes its different than FC2, but there are some really neat things about it. I found it VERY fast paced, no down time between matches.

Trust me a few of us were VERY vocal and adamant they bring back a system like FC2 had. I said it all week long!

So trust me, I was representing the community well...lol

They took LOTS and LOTS of notes. There was LOT of meetings and discussions about lots of things.

But, as it stands currently, I see why they did what they did, and it IS a lot of fun. And you WILL get to play your maps, you just dont have a dictatorship of the matches. Its all about communicating with friends, asking them to vote on maps you want to playtest, or just play, etc. Its all very possible.

Was a great time there, they were very hospitable.

You guys will see, its not so bad, and you never know if more stuff is added or changed post launch. Im hoping so, but time will tell...

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Is there anything else you can say? All I see is suck. The math doesn't add up. And WHY no dictatorship? I don't understand why developers insist on taking control away from players. I want to be excited so badly. The map editor is beautiful. But when I read about the lobby system still being nothing like FC2 I was legit near tears. This franchise means so much to me. What am I not seeing?

akilyoung
03-09-2018, 09:12 PM
What are you not seeing? The game...you dont HAVE it yet, you cant JUDGE it.

And actually, it gives MORE control to teh players in general, just a little less in public lobbies.

Create a PRIVATE lobby, invite your friends, and its all good...play whatever maps you want.

In a private lobby, you can start a match with only 2 people too, so you can show your friends around, let them have a look, or just have a friendly 1 on 1 match.

Im curious, with all the complaining you do, do you make maps? on what platform? any vids of your maps? I genuinely want to see your maps. I dont see enough maps sadly. Not in the past few years.

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Guy I don't have far cry friends. It's just me. And yes I can fairly judge it. I've done the math.

I did make maps. I'll link to them after work

DrShakez
03-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Looks like a lot of fun. Grats on getting selected for it. Good to hear that they valued the community input this much.

Brimtown
03-09-2018, 10:33 PM
I just don't understand why they're only giving us multi-player modes.

I remember going back to Far Cry 2, the developers actually stated they didn't give us very many modes because they didn't think the mapmaking community could handle more than a couple - and we actually had more MP modes back then.

Now they're only giving us bland DM and TDM, no objective modes like CTF, and completely ignoring the Battle Royale mode that seems to be currently popular.

akilyoung
03-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Guy I don't have far cry friends. It's just me. And yes I can fairly judge it. I've done the math.

Cool Id like to see them

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 11:02 PM
Cool Id like to see them

I will definitely post the few I have pictures or video of. Hell I might even try joining a community ;)

Look, I have no issues with you or with anybody who is excited for this game and happy with the lobby system. I'm going to try but I really don't think this system has anything for me which is super super sad. That's why nearly all of my 700 posts are complaints. This is my number one MP franchise dating back to FCIP.

emrdesign
03-09-2018, 11:42 PM
but I really don't think this system has anything for me which is super super sad. That's why nearly all of my 700 posts are complaints. This is my number one MP franchise dating back to FCIP.

How can you say this is your number one MP franchise when all you do is complain about it? Listen to what you are saying. All you do is complain about it in almost every post. So it is clear this is NOT your number one MP Franchise. The only person who does not see that seems to be you. And all your complaining is F***ing annoying. Like a little baby who keeps nagging and screaming at his mothers leg. Be a man and stop complaining! Accept what you get and what you don't get or find another game that DOES suit your MP wishes. Now be a good boy, behave and do some thinking. Thank you!

Brimtown
03-09-2018, 11:52 PM
How can you say this is your number one MP franchise when all you do is complain about it? Listen to what you are saying. All you do is complain about it in almost every post. So it is clear this is NOT your number one MP Franchise. The only person who does not see that seems to be you. And all your complaining is F***ing annoying. Like a little baby who keeps nagging and screaming at his mothers leg. Be a man and stop complaining! Accept what you get and what you don't get or find another game that DOES suit your MP wishes. Now be a good boy, behave and do some thinking. Thank you!

I think it's fair to have criticism. Personally, I've been part of the Far Cry community going back to the very first day that Far Cry Instincts was released on the original Xbox. We've watched the series continue to take two steps forward and one step back with every release.

I agree that the continual complaining doesn't really help, but at the same time I can see where a lot of people are going to be disappointed. The editor itself looks amazing...but the multiplayer options and hosting, not quite as much. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what we do get.

BattlePHILd
03-10-2018, 12:00 AM
Guy I don't have far cry friends. It's just me.

I was with you on that. No one on my list was really into Far Cry. But that's one of the great things about these forums! You are in contact with hundreds of dedicated Far Cry map makers right now! Reach out. Make some friends. If you're on Xbox, join one of the clubs. If not, there are obviously tons of people on these forums on PC and PS4. If you are just willing to make that little bit of effort, than you have everything you want. Full lobbies to test your maps all the time. The feedback is valuable, but I think at this point it is clear that your voice HAS been heard. Repeating it over and over will not increase it's value. Just jump on board and have some fun!!!

emrdesign
03-10-2018, 12:20 AM
I think it's fair to have criticism. Personally, I've been part of the Far Cry community going back to the very first day that Far Cry Instincts was released on the original Xbox. We've watched the series continue to take two steps forward and one step back with every release.

I agree that the continual complaining doesn't really help, but at the same time I can see where a lot of people are going to be disappointed. The editor itself looks amazing...but the multiplayer options and hosting, not quite as much. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what we do get.

Maybe the MP fans should learn to accept that the Far Cry games were designed as SP games (and later got a few COOP and MP elements in the editor). But Far Cry is not, and probably never will be, a MP game. So accept what you get and what you don't get within Far Cry. There are plenty of other MP RUN & GUN games elsewhere if that is what you are looking for. And if those RUN & GUN games don't offer you a map editor, then go complain with that game creator that they should create a map editor for it.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
03-10-2018, 12:23 AM

I agree you should NOT have to join groups to have your maps played but you kind of had to always do that in the past. FC3, and even hosting in FC2 and FCIP. You sent out invite to join your host. If you had friends or were in a group, it would fill up fast. Here is a bunch of places to join.

https://youtu.be/LGoZdv6P5Yk

Anyway Nice to see you akilyoung on an interview. I had one done too.. I guess Ubisoft lost it. I think Fallen Champ also.

usmovers_02
03-10-2018, 01:10 AM

You know what? Good point. Now just point me to the other PvP FPS with an editor on par with FCs and I'll head there... What what? This is the only franchise that does that?

I've been with this franchise since day one on consoles. BEFORE FCIP. That and FC2 I put thousands and thousands of hours into. 3 and 4? A combined 3 or 4 hours. It's because of those of us who kept the franchise alive while it was finding itself that we even have FC5. Stop telling me to go elsewhere. I've made zero personal attacks here and would appreciate the same in return. I have no real issues with any of the members of this great community.

Also, can't man up cause I'm not a man ;)

Fallen-Champ
03-10-2018, 01:14 AM
Anyway Nice to see you akilyoung on an interview. I had one done too.. I guess Ubisoft lost it. I think Fallen Champ also.
I never did one but they came across very clear.

IgniterRC
03-10-2018, 01:18 AM
Maybe the MP fans should learn to accept that the Far Cry games were designed as SP games (and later got a few COOP and MP elements in the editor). But Far Cry is not, and probably never will be, a MP game. So accept what you get and what you don't get within Far Cry. There are plenty of other MP RUN & GUN games elsewhere if that is what you are looking for. And if those RUN & GUN games don't offer you a map editor, then go complain with that game creator that they should create a map editor for it.

Cryteck's original Far Cry may have been a SP focused game but starting with Instincts on the original Xbox there has been a MP and IGE element and that is the only reason a sizable portion of gamers care about this series! You will need to accept that there are players and map makers that have been part of the Far Cry community for over 10 years and they have opinions that you may not like. I agree with Brimtown that the editor looks great but the hosting and options are not that great.

emrdesign
03-10-2018, 01:32 AM
You know what? Good point. Now just point me to the other PvP FPS with an editor on par with FCs and I'll head there... What what? This is the only franchise that does that?

IAlso, can't man up cause I'm not a man ;)

Just because you can't find any other franchise that has better options than the Far Cry map editor doesn't mean you have to come here and complain 700 times the Far Cry editor does not offer what YOU want it to offer and that they should change it to YOUR liking. Just accept what you get and what you don't get and be nice instead of complaining all the time.

And if you can't be a man then at least stop being a nagging, screaming and complaining *****. Thank you!

Brimtown
03-10-2018, 01:44 AM

Like I said... I've been around since DAY ONE on the console side, and helped play a big role in the very early MP and IGE days (along with a few other people here). So don't tell us that MP hasn't been part of the Far Cry experience.

legacyzero
03-10-2018, 01:47 AM
Iím open to seeing how the new lobbies work. I admit that the Far Cry 3 lobbies were absolute garbage. Basically killed the Editor for me. But this new system sounds a bit more fair. Iím worried that it wonít work the greatest, but Iím also happy with the way Ubisoft have been taking feedback and using it this time around. So Ubi would be best to keep their ears open and improve. I really think there should be a custom games server browser like Halo 5. Easy fix.

Iím super excited for this

emrdesign
03-10-2018, 01:54 AM
Cryteck's original Far Cry may have been a SP focused game but starting with Instincts on the original Xbox there has been a MP and IGE element and that is the only reason a sizable portion of gamers care about this series! You will need to accept that there are players and map makers that have been part of the Far Cry community for over 10 years and they have opinions that you may not like. I agree with Brimtown that the editor looks great but the hosting and options are not that great.

I have been using the Cryengine and Far Cry editor since FC1 came out on PC. The Far Cry games have always been SP games. Maybe FC Instincts had MP elements I don't know as I never had an Xbox, but that was a spin-off from the original FC. Far Cry 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are all SP games. So don't say FC is MP since then. Maybe the map editor had MP elements and it still has, but that does not make FC an MP game. Also AC, Watch_dogs are all SP games. Anyway, just be nice and appreciate about what you get. Hard and long work has gone into that and should be appreciated.

IgniterRC
03-10-2018, 02:29 AM
I have been using the Cryengine and Far Cry editor since FC1 came out on PC. The Far Cry games have always been SP games. Maybe FC Instincts had MP elements I don't know as I never had an Xbox, but that was a spin-off from the original FC. Far Cry 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are all SP games. So don't say FC is MP since then. Maybe the map editor had MP elements and it still has, but that does not make FC an MP game. Also AC, Watch_dogs are all SP games. Anyway, just be nice and appreciate about what you get. Hard and long work has gone into that and should be appreciated.

Sorry but all Far Cry's are both SP and MP games!!!! A lot of games are. The SP is what is advertised first at the conferences but MP is what keeps the player involved in the series. Most games are basically "come for the SP, stay for the MP. There would be no editor if MP was an afterthought.

I DON'T have to appreciate anything! I and a lot of others are long time customers who have been asking for over 10 years for a company to make a product a certain way and we have been insulted ever step of the way! Our request have not been unreasonable.

Brimtown
03-10-2018, 02:57 AM
And it's funny how a lot of us were playing Far Cry Predator and Far Cry 2 well over two years after the game was released. A decent MP with a good IGE really helps prolong the life of a game.

But what do I know... I guess maybe we should just shut up and not say anything, just being happy to get whatever we get. So for any Ubi devs reading this, just ignore any requests or issues that MP fans bring up.

Viragoxv535
03-10-2018, 03:17 AM
Well open-world games have a built-in replayability factor and can be further expanded through mod-friendly tools. Single-player can last just as much as the multi-player and the Fallout series is a testimony of that.

usmovers_02
03-10-2018, 03:32 AM
Sorry but all Far Cry's are both SP and MP games!!!! A lot of games are. The SP is what is advertised first at the conferences but MP is what keeps the player involved in the series. Most games are basically "come for the SP, stay for the MP. There would be no editor if MP was an afterthought.

I DON'T have to appreciate anything! I and a lot of others are long time customers who have been asking for over 10 years for a company to make a product a certain way and we have been insulted ever step of the way! Our request have not been unreasonable.

This exactly. You know, I really do understand why people are frustrated with me right now. There's a lot of new faces around here that aren't familiar with the history. They see me loudly taking issue with a seemingly small feature but just don't understand how things have been over the last decade. To those who are upset with me for complaining about the lobby system: As sick as you are of hearing my complaints... I'm sick of complaining! My opinion on this matter is not new and before the announcement of Arcade it was not unique. It does seem that the vast majority of people begging for the FC2 lobby system are now okay with not having that system and that's fine! Good for you guys. I really truly hope you enjoy the game. I still need the FC2 system.

usmovers_02
03-10-2018, 03:58 AM
Cool Id like to see them

Well regrettably I've lost almost all my FC2 maps and the only photo of my only FC3 map were taken on an old cell phone. Here's what I've got

http://fcmaps.net/maps/platform/xbox360/ram8113

The top one is my pride and joy. I have a much better link I'll post below.

The next one on that link is by far my most downloaded map at about 10K. It's not a work of art either visually or gameplay wise. I have absolutely no idea how it took off but somebody besides me was hosting it. It's a perfect example of the fact that good maps can be ignored as I had several much better maps at the time and mediocre maps can excel.

The bottom map was my pride and joy during the FCIP days. Considering I only barely put any effort into gameplay balance it played brilliantly and was easy to keep full lobbies with that map.

https://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/mods/25

This link is a much better version of the one I mentioned earlier but it's not in it's finished state. Spent another 10ish hours balancing cover and spawns. My pride and joy across all my maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoPftM-NcE

Proud of this one visually, gameplay was absolutely terrible.

https://usmovers02.deviantart.com/gallery/52165417/Far-Cry-4

The first 4 images here are of an outpost I made for FC4. These are from an early version of the map. Unfortunately I corrupted the file by being an idiot and had no backup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4VE_RFrc-4

Another one I was proud of at the time but really didn't put any effort into the gameplay.

Some other's that I really like but have no media:

A giant chess set with custom, climeable pieces with glass squares that could be shot out causing you to fall to your death
A very open map designed to strongly discourage sniping with a custom built greenhouse in the center.
The hallelujah mountains from Avatar
A small valley, half desert half jungle, with functioning rocket launchers.
One of my best, a very tiny warehouse built for 1v1 back when FC2s lobbies were dying. Crammed nearly the whole budget worth of detail into 4 squares. Designed carefully so spawn killing was literally impossible. Map was so popular I frequently had a full 16 player lobby. Absolute chaos. Loads of fun.

This is why I'm so upset. Because I care. These may not be elite maps but I pour my soul into them. There is NO other game I can do this in, not even Halo. Forge just doesn't come even close despite it now having some features I'm really jealous of. I just wanna play my damned maps!

x D78 x
03-10-2018, 05:25 AM
I think most the debate/misunderstanding about whether people think Far Cry is a campaign vs PvP or both is from what system you started out playing it on or only played it on. Those like myself(my old Xbox generated gamertag was Bipolar Lion) I started out with FC:I on the original Xbox saw it as a PvP/map editor mainly though the campaign was good too. I didn't play it on PC and the Playstation 2 didn't get the game because a planned port was cancelled, so non-Xbox owning PS gamers first FC game in the series was possibly FC2 a more singleplayer focused game than what imho FC:IP was.

There were A LOT of clans, multiplayer gamers and map editors on the original Xbox and X360 for many years even after most moved onto X360 and newer more developed game started releasing, it's PvP still lived on. First there was FC: Instincts & it's sequel FC: Evolution with a smaller campaign including new weapons and vehicles, as well as an expanded map-maker and an extra multiplayer mode. Far Cry Instincts: Predator, an Xbox 360 title, was released on the same day as Evolution. It includes graphically enhanced versions of both Far Cry Instincts and Evolution.

So once X360 came into the picture that still didn't fracture the community though over the years some of those players eventually moved on some they still wanted a focused FC PvP namely the Predator mode, DM, TDM, CTF(aka Steal The Sample) & Seek and Secure modes.

So again "imho" what it comes down to is what system you started playing it on. On Xbox many gamers played FC:IP for years online in PvP edited maps and there seems to be an old community that's been trying keep that community going. There is a Club with 1500 map maker members already.

Uncle-Biff
03-10-2018, 12:01 PM
I have more fun making maps using the far cry editors than I do playing any other game. I put my music on and can sit there for hours perfecting every little detail of my maps. I loved playing my maps in FC2 but personally I have always wanted to create maps that feature AI placement in a single player/co op experience. I love that in FC4 as I feel I have complete control over somebodies experience and can balance the difficulty just right. However I do enjoy creating multiplayer maps but I do feel there is more chance that the overall gameplay won't be as perfect or balanced due to spawn points and objectives.

I think Ubisoft have only given us TDM and DM so anyone can potentially make a well balanced map without worrying about flag spawns or bomb sites etc. I believe they want as many people as possible on board with their map editor this time round which can only strengthen the brilliant community of map creators we have here. The lobby system for multiplayer has people concerned but I'm not entirely sure I remember the FC2 system and if someone could explain the differences I'd be grateful. It seems to me that Ubi want to make the map choices between games as open to everyone as they can be so everyone will potentially get exposure. I guess in the early months everyone's maps will be fairly played online but as more and more people start voting for maps they like, eventually the better maps will stand above the rest and get played more often. I just want to get my hands on that editor and see what I can come up with :)

akilyoung
03-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Us movers, Pretty artistic maps :) The map I made called 'Old World Origins', based on ACO, utilize terrain pyramids too. It was funny how dumbfounded the devs were about how they were created. One told me he sat there and didnt go to lunch untill he figured out how it was done, with the paint and all lol. He eventually figured it out, but said it took a while. I thought that was pretty cool.

As for another game with an amazing IGE similar to FC's.... have you looked into Dying Light?

usmovers_02
03-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Us movers, Pretty artistic maps :) The map I made called 'Old World Origins', based on ACO, utilize terrain pyramids too. It was funny how dumbfounded the devs were about how they were created. One told me he sat there and didnt go to lunch untill he figured out how it was done, with the paint and all lol. He eventually figured it out, but said it took a while. I thought that was pretty cool.

As for another game with an amazing IGE similar to FC's.... have you looked into Dying Light?

That's the zombie game right? Not my preferred genera but I've been tempted

x D78 x
03-10-2018, 05:29 PM

And that's just one map, one idea you both had! FC:IP people made unbeleveable maps with very limited resources. I was amazed on that game what players came up with! The dev made maps on FC:IP were basic but decent but a player made map would make them seem uninspired. I'm really wondering what the devs make, if thier maps players think are even worth playing, how much effort they put into their maps or how they compare to the best player made maps. It seems the devs may not even understand what is possible but they should get an idea once the game releases. Devs need to take notes, talk to the all great map creators directly, get more evoloved with better/dedicated map makers it sounds imho, not that I'msaying your not dedicated you obviously made an impression but there will be thousands of maps and creators with many different ideas .

akilyoung
03-10-2018, 05:44 PM
I can't say anything about the devs maps, but there are afew video out there showing brief clips off then. Including the map editor video that is in the op.

As you can see in those videos, those publicly shown maps are far from boring or uninspired looking.

usmovers_02
03-10-2018, 05:59 PM
And that's just one map, one idea you both had! FC:IP people made unbeleveable maps with very limited resources. I was amazed on that game what players came up with! The dev made maps on FC:IP were basic but decent but a player made map would make them seem uninspired. I'm really wondering what the devs make, if thier maps players think are even worth playing, how much effort they put into their maps or how they compare to the best player made maps. It seems the devs may not even understand what is possible but they should get an idea once the game releases. Devs need to take notes, talk to the all great map creators directly, get more evoloved with better/dedicated map makers it sounds imho, not that I'msaying your not dedicated you obviously made an impression but there will be thousands of maps and creators with many different ideas .

Speaking of clever use of resources (totally tooting my own horn here), can you spot how I used the hole tool on this map https://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/mods/25 in an unorthodoxed way?

x D78 x
03-10-2018, 06:22 PM
I can't say anything about the devs maps, but there are afew video out there showing brief clips off then. Including the map editor video that is in the op.

As you can see in those videos, those publicly shown maps are far from boring or uninspired looking.

Yeah from vids and what I read from your post it gives me more "HOPE" they will get into the game as much as most of us plan to be.

akilyoung
03-10-2018, 06:28 PM
No pics in that link. But i think i saw it earlier, and it looked like you kept the terrain up top, but cut it out around it and used rocks to fill it in.

unsorted-guy
03-10-2018, 06:42 PM
I guess only time will tell. Mostly happy that we are able to play MP on user maps again.
But I must admit I am not sold the lobby system, and hopefully It won't frustrate me in the future when I make map features etc for my youtube channel.

DEATHWEAPONxx
03-10-2018, 07:00 PM
I am willing to give the new lobby system a try, however I am hopeful that the Devs will fix things if it is not optimal. This has not been the case in the past as they have all but abondoned us.

usmovers_02
03-10-2018, 10:22 PM
I am willing to give the new lobby system a try, however I am hopeful that the Devs will fix things if it is not optimal. This has not been the case in the past as they have all but abondoned us.

It's worth noting that Far Cry 2 shipped with an abysmal lobby system and they patched it in a month or two.

T0ASTMAN
03-12-2018, 09:12 PM

Halo 5. I know forge had a lot of limitations compared to Far Cry but H5 completely exploded awesomeness and even the FC5 editor, based on the knowledge provided, cant touch the scripting and physics systems of 343i's Forge, not to mention the nutzo custom games controls in Halo.

This is a map I made last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlp1z_5ZrUw

And Halo 5 has a custom lobby browser...
Its old, but Halo 6 is coming, and the guy who helmed the Forge resurrection, Tom French, got promoted to lead of MP. Me sooo excited :)

All that said, this editor look really good and im reserving judgement on the lobby, but i will say, i didnt play FC3 for even 3 days because of it, and skipped 4 because no MP. So im glad they woke up and gave us something...but ive been busy in Halo so I didnt care as much.

Sknipester
03-12-2018, 11:56 PM
It's worth noting that Far Cry 2 shipped with an abysmal lobby system and they patched it in a month or two.

Let's hope fc5 goes along the same route.

player3069
03-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Excuse me Sir ....... Tell me why people are still playing FC2 right now on the PS3 in 2018? A 2009 game hmmm..... It sure isn't the SP . They are still hosting A full room in MP as we speak. Sorry I had to make you feel stupid. 😁 The only solution to satisfy The whole community is for Ubisoft to fully remaster Far Cry 2 Multiplayer and All. THEN! Ubisoft can just keep rehashing their Cash Cow . Everyone knows FC3,FC Blood Dragon, FC4, and FC Primal, and somewhat FC5 are Recyled games. Ubisoft seen what Activision was doing with C.O.D. and screwed over their own Community to become A (AAA) Contender. It is not about FC being A SP. It about Ubisoft not wanting to put in the effort or Time in the MP. Because time is money lost. They do not trust their own Community or they would have stuck with what was working.

player3069
03-13-2018, 05:54 PM
And yes Emrdesign ... I am talking to you

impressionman76
03-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Well regrettably I've lost almost all my FC2 maps and the only photo of my only FC3 map were taken on an old cell phone. Here's what I've got

http://fcmaps.net/maps/platform/xbox360/ram8113

The top one is my pride and joy. I have a much better link I'll post below.

The next one on that link is by far my most downloaded map at about 10K. It's not a work of art either visually or gameplay wise. I have absolutely no idea how it took off but somebody besides me was hosting it. It's a perfect example of the fact that good maps can be ignored as I had several much better maps at the time and mediocre maps can excel.

The bottom map was my pride and joy during the FCIP days. Considering I only barely put any effort into gameplay balance it played brilliantly and was easy to keep full lobbies with that map.

https://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/mods/25

This link is a much better version of the one I mentioned earlier but it's not in it's finished state. Spent another 10ish hours balancing cover and spawns. My pride and joy across all my maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoPftM-NcE

Proud of this one visually, gameplay was absolutely terrible.

https://usmovers02.deviantart.com/gallery/52165417/Far-Cry-4

The first 4 images here are of an outpost I made for FC4. These are from an early version of the map. Unfortunately I corrupted the file by being an idiot and had no backup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4VE_RFrc-4

Another one I was proud of at the time but really didn't put any effort into the gameplay.

Some other's that I really like but have no media:

A giant chess set with custom, climeable pieces with glass squares that could be shot out causing you to fall to your death
A very open map designed to strongly discourage sniping with a custom built greenhouse in the center.
The hallelujah mountains from Avatar
A small valley, half desert half jungle, with functioning rocket launchers.
One of my best, a very tiny warehouse built for 1v1 back when FC2s lobbies were dying. Crammed nearly the whole budget worth of detail into 4 squares. Designed carefully so spawn killing was literally impossible. Map was so popular I frequently had a full 16 player lobby. Absolute chaos. Loads of fun.

This is why I'm so upset. Because I care. These may not be elite maps but I pour my soul into them. There is NO other game I can do this in, not even Halo. Forge just doesn't come even close despite it now having some features I'm really jealous of. I just wanna play my damned maps!

Nice work on these visuals. I see you made the plunge and pre-ordered. I also have hope they will make it all work with the lobby. Akilyoung knows better then you or I about what in store, so I trust his judgment that it will be good! Anyway, nice Taj!

player3069
03-13-2018, 07:36 PM
I pre-ordered FARCRY5. Only did cause its public lobbies finally. But still the random pick three could be lame and still not get voted in for public if you don't have the numbers to back ya up. Still no playlist like we wanted is a ****sandwich. Guess we were spoiled with FARCRY2 lobbies. Also i'm not gonna be parked in a private lobby all day with same people everyday. UBISOFT shouldn't of messed with what wasn't broken for FARCRY2.
This is Next Gen. and the best they can do is 6 vs 6 . All that waste of space. Where is Capture the flag? Why can't they rip ( EA ) off for some of their MP Game Modes Like they did with (Activision's) Cash Cow formula. Reality is People will keep buying Far Cry in hopes that the MP will mirror FC2 only to be let down each and every year . While Ubisoft cashes in on your hopes and dreams. Ubisoft has started A train that no one will be able to derail. Everyone knows FC5 Multiplayer / Map Editor will be A huge let down . Yet people will buy FC6 . FC5 will die fast like the rest. Does not matter How great your maps can be . It takes A Community to keep it going .... Ubisoft does not owe us A thing , and they prove that each and every year . Yeah I know the truth is hard to bare.

akilyoung
03-13-2018, 07:56 PM
I understand your frustration.

However you are sorely mistaken on every account. And this is coming from a former ubi critic.
My only recommendation is wait till post launch if you are that skeptical.
The ige is amazing. They fully listened and then some on that front. There will be zero complaints with it.
As for mp. While it's not fc2, it still works, its fast paced. I know why they chose to do what they did.
I'm still hoping for more options post launch. But if not, it still works just fine. It's just different. It's like going to del taco, but getting one of their bomb *** burgers instead of a taco.

usmovers_02
03-13-2018, 08:06 PM
Akilyoung, I can't tell you how much I want to just blindly believe you. I definitely don't think you're lying and I maintain that I have no issues with you personally (though I do wish you'd ease off me a little lol but I understand how my frustration can be frustrating). I just can't ignore Ubi's history or the hard facts that they have shown. With FC 3 I believe it was there was another forum member under NDA swearing up and down that everything was going to be great and for me and many others that person was wrong. Not saying they were lying, just wrong. I'm hanging on to the slightest thread of hope tough.

Even if I end up hating the game I do hope you all enjoy it.

akilyoung
03-13-2018, 08:14 PM
Haha... I guess I'm quick to call people out on whining, or ego trips ( ask awls lol).

In reality, i Would 100%be on your guys side, super critical and suspicious.
IF it weren't for me having the IGE and testing the mp in Montreal.
That said. I hated fc3 mp. Hated That fc4 didn't have it at all.
Over all i am pleased with fc5 mp. And very happy with the ige.
Take it with a grain of salt, youll form your own opinions.

usmovers_02
03-13-2018, 09:57 PM
The odds of being one of the 3 in a full lobby is 1 in 4.

Brimtown
03-13-2018, 10:48 PM
Odds of being one of the people to nominate a map (in a full lobby) - 1 in 4

Then if you nominate a map, if it's truly a random lobby, then the odds of getting your map selected are 1 in 3

I can see a lot of people getting frustrated if through sheer bad luck, the maps they put a lot of work into never get played in a public match.

Yes I know that private lobbies are a solution, and it's a good one if you have a lot of online friends or part of a community.

But for the average person, who might not have a lot of friends online or belong to any online community, I can see it becoming very frustrating.

Ubisoft eventually fixed the lobby system for FC2, hopefully they will make adjustments this time around as well.

akilyoung
03-13-2018, 11:55 PM
Odds of being one of the people to nominate a map (in a full lobby) - 1 in 4

Then if you nominate a map, if it's truly a random lobby, then the odds of getting your map selected are 1 in 3

I can see a lot of people getting frustrated if through sheer bad luck, the maps they put a lot of work into never get played in a public match.

Yes I know that private lobbies are a solution, and it's a good one if you have a lot of online friends or part of a community.

But for the average person, who might not have a lot of friends online or belong to any online community, I can see it becoming very frustrating.

Ubisoft eventually fixed the lobby system for FC2, hopefully they will make adjustments this time around as well.

If I understand correctly, regarding private lobbies, you can blast your key code on SM to your friends. I think you can create a permanent one, but not positive.

If thats the case, all you friends who already have it, can joing your lobby any time you get online.

The more friends you have, and get, the more keys you get out there, the more people join, then it almost ends up being like a public lobby.

Again, I COULD be wrong on that...so dont hold me to it please!

But to be honest, even if I set up my own lobby with my friends, I would still want to play their maps too. And I suppose to more you do that, and share the love with your buds, the higher chance people will JOIN your lobby invites. If you are selfish, and only host your maps, then chances are youll be all alone a lot of the time...just saying
Be a good host, play everyones maps.

usmovers_02
03-14-2018, 12:09 AM
I host only my own maps yet still play others 50/50. Also my friends list consists only people I know in real life. That is, people who don't play far cry. I may join a community, we'll see. You shouldn't have to have friends to play your own maps.

x D78 x
03-14-2018, 12:36 AM
I host only my own maps yet still play others 50/50. Also my friends list consists only people I know in real life. That is, people who don't play far cry. I may join a community, we'll see. You shouldn't have to have friends to play your own maps.

IMHO you and others need to be more social. If you want your maps played and seen across the community you need to let those randoms in. If all anyone does is make maps and have 3vs3 private rooms just to get their maps played I sadly think it's going fail. I hope I'm wrong, I'm getting the game regardless, I love the series SP and was a PvP fan, I want this to be a MP game that keeps going for years and has a good size community on every platform.

I just hope a new and large amount of gamers get into the games' MP co-op/PvP and then start building maps and creating those communities! Seems like many of the old FC2 & FC:IP players I knew quit after FC3. I think the arcade machine & poster hubs that take you directly into arcade is a great idea with both SP & MP being connected. I think the default Ubi dev/public maps will play big role getting players initially into the gameplay especially if they do not have friends playing it with this lobby set up. When I first started FC:IP for example I played dev made maps(Hollow Town, Terror Lake and etc) mostly and meeting randoms there is what motivated me to find more friends and start playing map editor. One of my main concerns is not having an open private match system like FC:IP with host and an option for a host to boot instead of the randomness, I mean let people you don't know have a chance, meet randoms, don't lock them out, that will really make players say forget it. I used to just bounce around from room to room with people I didn't know even people that spoke other languages namely French so I'm not a fan of private password lobbies or people just creating maps for friends.

usmovers_02
03-14-2018, 07:47 AM
I literally only play public matches ;)

player3069
03-15-2018, 08:55 PM
https://youtu.be/ASLa-jlrOxM

So, now that Ubi posted this video, we can talk a bit about the MP....

Ill just start by saying that, its not so bad. Yes its different than FC2, but there are some really neat things about it. I found it VERY fast paced, no down time between matches.

Trust me a few of us were VERY vocal and adamant they bring back a system like FC2 had. I said it all week long!

So trust me, I was representing the community well...lol

They took LOTS and LOTS of notes. There was LOT of meetings and discussions about lots of things

I am so conflicted on this one. I do See some positive things about the Multiplayer ,but I also have A lot of questions . maybe you will be able to answer some of them.

Like........

Will you be able to invite your friends into public matches? if so how many can you invite? because it is only 6 vs 6 , and you can't even have two sets of 4 people squads on the same team

Will their be any ranked matches or Leaderboards?

Is their A Hardcore mode?

Did you mention Capture the flag, domination or any other game modes?

Do you think the new system will keep the rooms full?

Are you able to create your own respawn points? example: A to B combat instead of random spawns.

Are you able to revive your Friends or other teammates?

Did you talk with them about player counts? Like 8 vs 8 or 12 vs 12

I like the fact they have been listening to the people that make maps , and they have really went out of their way to give you A great IGE . I also believe their should be A balance with the Community that does not make maps at all . Because without us your maps get limited play time .

akilyoung
03-15-2018, 09:31 PM
I am so conflicted on this one. I do See some positive things about the Multiplayer ,but I also have A lot of questions . maybe you will be able to answer some of them.

Like........

Will you be able to invite your friends into public matches? if so how many can you invite? because it is only 6 vs 6 , and you can't even have two sets of 4 people squads on the same team

Will their be any ranked matches or Leaderboards?

Is their A Hardcore mode?

Did you mention Capture the flag, domination or any other game modes?

Do you think the new system will keep the rooms full?

Are you able to create your own respawn points? example: A to B combat instead of random spawns.

Are you able to revive your Friends or other teammates?

Did you talk with them about player counts? Like 8 vs 8 or 12 vs 12

I like the fact they have been listening to the people that make maps , and they have really went out of their way to give you A great IGE . I also believe their should be A balance with the Community that does not make maps at all . Because without us your maps get limited play time .

I cant answer a lot of those questions, because its either under NDA, or I dont know yet.

I will say, we, as a group, represented the community very well in Montreal. They know EXACTLY what we want, and everything everyone *****es about on these board was talked about but us. They took a LOT of literal notes...pen to paper. Take it as you will...

player3069
03-15-2018, 10:00 PM
I cant answer a lot of those questions, because its either under NDA, or I dont know yet.

I Understand what position you are in, but When Ubisoft only Highlights the changes with the IGE . Praising it to the high Heavens , and leaving everything else in the dark .

Of Course you are personally going to be overjoyed .

Making maps is what you do best.

I do know one thing for A fact ......... When the PVP Community Dies because of the lack of content and poor Lobby System.

Not going to matter how good your maps are. Not going to matter about the content they give in the IGE.

It is going to be A lonely place sitting in the lobby by yourself.

I personally do not see the enjoyment in that.

Brimtown
03-15-2018, 10:42 PM

I will say, we, as a group, represented the community very well in Montreal. They know EXACTLY what we want, and everything everyone *****es about on these board was talked about but us. They took a LOT of literal notes...pen to paper. Take it as you will...

Which I'm sure will be implemented in Far Cry 7 :p

usmovers_02
03-15-2018, 10:52 PM

Man it's insane that you guys are STILL under NDA about something as big as "hey, what are the basic features of PvP?" less than two weeks before launch.

usmovers_02
03-16-2018, 05:03 PM
My friends list is only for those I know in real life