PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 5 - New Map Editor Video!

UbiDomZ
03-09-2018, 05:00 PM
https://i.imgur.com/reuO3o1.jpg

Are you excited for Far Cry Arcade? Watch some of our most active Far Cry map builders meet the developers and test out the new Map Editor!

https://youtu.be/ASLa-jlrOxM

usmovers_02
03-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Okay so you guys have pretty much mastered the editor! Amazing work. Now just to master making lobby systems! Should be a far cheaper thing to master and you guys already did such a good job mastering the editor I have complete faith you can master lobbies too!

impressionman76
03-09-2018, 06:05 PM
It is great seeing some of mapping buddies working with the studio! Looks great!

Viragoxv535
03-09-2018, 07:34 PM
HorTyS, what were you doing there? I thought you were not really into the MP :rolleyes:

akilyoung
03-09-2018, 09:01 PM
I had a blast there, Thank you again Ubi for the great time and amazing hospitality!

unsorted-guy
03-09-2018, 09:04 PM
Very fun video! ! love seing community members being invited to check out the mode!

HorTyS
03-09-2018, 09:19 PM
HorTyS, what were you doing there? I thought you were not really into the MP :rolleyes:

I will say I was definitely surprised to get the invite! I'm certainly not as active of a ME user as anyone else who was there thats for sure, I have no illusions about that, but I thought maybe that was part of the reason. They seemed genuinely interested in hearing about community feedback from multiple perspectives. Or maybe they'd invited others who were unavailable and had to settle for me? haha. It was a privilege to get the opportunity, it was awesome seeing the studio, the editor & meeting the people behind the game as well as the other community members! Thanks again Ubi for everything!

HorTyS
03-11-2018, 09:12 PM
That jet ski map the water looks to clean.

I didn't mess with water too much in my time with it, I know akilyoung could answer this much better than I can, but there are a number of properties you can assign to the water for it's appearance. You could make muddier water if you wanted for sure...

Johnny2Fingerz
03-14-2018, 06:27 AM
I've been losing sleep. I just can't stop my brain. I can't wait till this comes out! Finally, Ubisoft is listening!

Johnny2Fingerz
03-15-2018, 04:49 AM
Here is a sentiment that was shared on Facebook recently, and it's something that concerns me.

"Hopefully my fears are misguided, but I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about this game. I think the editor will be fantastic - one of the best we've ever seen so far on consoles. But all that will be for naught if they make it a pain in the *** to share and play maps. Yes, I know that private matches are an option, but IMHO the password system is going to be a huge pain in the ***. I've NEVER seen a game that requires password access to play on a private match. Usually you just send invites. And I know that technically, you can get your maps played on a public match, but that's purely random chance, and relies on a lobby that isn't full of ****ing idiots who just want to play stock maps or 'EASY KILL LULZ' maps.

Why, why, WHY, can't we just have the same system we had on FC2? If it ain't broken..."
-Tim Brown

Sknipester
03-15-2018, 05:03 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

karr2966
03-15-2018, 05:52 AM
amen 2 that, I spent 6 years crakked out on fc2 lobbies, fishing them out for noobs, I was a baad bad man back then, and a made my self a name as "the prowler", "the poacher" and eventually "the man"... u c cuz my maps are sikk yall!!!! and once fed every one wanted to be in my lobbs, fresh customs weekly on average, my peak was 6 a week.
and they was many of us outside max's iron ring of generic poopy maps and the brits. we was the leaders of chaos and crash test glitchers finding new glitches made playable!
the art of map war was waged and the noobs were rendered the third silent party we map sharx depended on for meat.
and so years later as the complaints piled up via noob as the lobbs were waay too agro and they could not get their blank jungle map played .... ever .... cuz karr was online or cronic is on or max was playin, as you might guess there may have even been a legal entanglement had not the lobby system get sacrificed for the noobers...
now u must play fair - no fishing - no being map gods - no fuqqin fun.... is ok I guess cuz I think the 200+/6yr map binge gave me thyroid cancer no lie

I will be on fc5 (PS4) but as a mortal mapper , nice to have MP back though, fc4 coop is like baby sitting a toddler
here is my tube link if you wanna get F-ing pumped for sikk maps ")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb0udGeb6Ec&t=45s

A_Combi_Stick
03-15-2018, 09:59 PM
What? Sorry, I couldn't see the post past your giant head lol

ooRAZOR2018oo
03-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Here is a sentiment that was shared on Facebook recently, and it's something that concerns me.

"Hopefully my fears are misguided, but I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about this game. I think the editor will be fantastic - one of the best we've ever seen so far on consoles. But all that will be for naught if they make it a pain in the *** to share and play maps. Yes, I know that private matches are an option, but IMHO the password system is going to be a huge pain in the ***. I've NEVER seen a game that requires password access to play on a private match. Usually you just send invites. And I know that technically, you can get your maps played on a public match, but that's purely random chance, and relies on a lobby that isn't full of ****ing idiots who just want to play stock maps or 'EASY KILL LULZ' maps.

Why, why, WHY, can't we just have the same system we had on FC2? If it ain't broken..."
-Tim Brown

I would say he may be right, but guess we will have to wait and see how it plays out.

The low point for me (referring to FC4) is that I couldn't really motivate myself, even though the editor was interesting, because every time your editing your thinking who am I creating this for ?

That's why the core mappers gave up so quickly, servers are flooded with a lot of garbage and the gems are too hard to find.

Another thing is that I want to make campaign maps (always been an escape mapper) but don't want to do this for 2 players only, if im not allowed to play this in DM or TDM there is no point in spending so much time in the editor. Recently jumped back on FC2, and there are still people hosting those maps 10 years after release.

It's funny how it always comes back to FC2, the good old days :)

Nice work on your vids BTW

theneverdead4
03-21-2018, 01:55 PM
It's time for me to crank up a rehash of all those Phantasm maps I made in fc2. I wonder what ever happened to maxpower. If u see this buddy add neverdeadredmptn back on ps4, I would love to see what you do with this

JodoKast1221
03-22-2018, 04:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRuEgvYm4z0

JodoKast1221
03-23-2018, 04:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2pDjkDMl0E

BigColCol
03-24-2018, 02:00 PM
the video looks great i love how its going to incorperate props and items from other games to make the map editor truely open and dynamic for the players to creat their world.
in farcry 4 i loved the map editor and had great fun messing about and creating challenges for my friends to try and compleate putting a lot of effort and time into testing the maps to see how well they worked and ensuring that you could compleate the map in a veriety of ways. i am looking forward in continuing this passion in the following map editor.

JodoKast1221
03-24-2018, 05:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7mhnwfSEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocgQ_sJhrpA

m1c4d0
03-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the nice vids!