PDA

View Full Version : So we're in for 2 months of nothing?

EvoX.
03-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Roadmap showed just a bunch of boring events + another Dance of Death until the end of April.

- No Arena Mode
- No Warrior Trials
- No reworked characters
- No permanent new game modes

Just more outfits, emotes and effects for the horribly overpriced market. Did I miss something? That was the most uninformative Den since a while.

If I didn't, then I guess it's time to do what I'm sure a number of players already do - get in, do the orders, get out.

Waynedetta40k
03-09-2018, 04:21 PM
The Warriors Den is so hard to watch for me.
The actual information I want is between empty babbling and lame jokes.
I actually send a question in regarding Arena Mode they ignored it and talked 5mins about afk timer only to tell people how to avoid(abuse) it.
I also asked for how they are gonna handle GB and faster attacks slower recovery times in the future but executions seemed a more profitable topic to talk about.

Maybe i missed it, I have to skipp through it because I cant bear how they are giving the informations. Its kinda annoying.

Ulrichvonbek111
03-09-2018, 04:26 PM
The Warriors Den is so hard to watch for me.
The actual information I want is between empty babbling and lame jokes.

Yes we have to sit through the self appraisals,then listen to the dribble about the broken faction war..yeah git gud...wow really.
Utter contempt for the serious player base.

Why can't they when talking about the Faction War tell the truth by putting their hands up and admit they didn't amend the % bonus the Vikings still recieve is wrong and so so unbalanced.

Illyrian_King
03-09-2018, 05:33 PM
If they are wise, they use the stabilty of the Ded Servers to make a nice and tasty Siege Mode that really meets the expectations and brings back a whole bunch of players.

CandleInTheDark
03-09-2018, 06:46 PM
They told us what they are doing with arena. Arena is a patch that will take along time to certify, they have to recertify the whole game to get it in, so they want to get the servers running as smooth as they can first which means hotfixes (which means they can't be locked into current state), they need to get lag compensation running (again, a patch meaning they can't be locked into a certification process) and then when that is ready they want to start the process for the arena patch.

Waynedetta40k
03-09-2018, 07:23 PM
They told us what they are doing with arena. Arena is a patch that will take along time to certify, they have to recertify the whole game to get it in, so they want to get the servers running as smooth as they can first which means hotfixes (which means they can't be locked into current state), they need to get lag compensation running (again, a patch meaning they can't be locked into a certification process) and the when that is ready they want to start the process for the arena patch.

To be fair, this should not be a topic anymore but its ubisoft they wont get more ressources on board to get the game into a decent state in a reasonable time because they already got our money.

Jarl.Felix
03-09-2018, 10:05 PM
Yes we have to sit through the self appraisals,then listen to the dribble about the broken faction war..yeah git gud...wow really.
Utter contempt for the serious player base.

Why can't they when talking about the Faction War tell the truth by putting their hands up and admit they didn't amend the % bonus the Vikings still recieve is wrong and so so unbalanced.

Hahahah, so ****ing true :))

Knight_Raime
03-10-2018, 03:39 AM
Arena has already been talked about. We won't get it till servers are to their satisfaction and lag compensation is flipped on.
They already did mention they are working on other reworks. and I was told by mods here that season 5 is meant to be a rework for the OG heros.
So. Just because there is no date doesn't mean nothing is coming.

EvoX.
03-10-2018, 04:33 PM
So. Just because there is no date doesn't mean nothing is coming.

That's exactly what it means, I thought you'd be used to Ubisoft's corporate way of saying ''not gonna happen any time soon'' by now.

CandleInTheDark
03-10-2018, 07:38 PM
That's exactly what it means, I thought you'd be used to Ubisoft's corporate way of saying ''not gonna happen any time soon'' by now.

Except they specifically explained that and why they haven't locked a date in, they also said season 5 is the definite aim for it.

Thing is say they find a bug on wednesday that if they fixed it, 25% of the population would suddenly be more stable than they are or they find something like the zombie sessions bug when servers first dropped and they need to do a hotfix, whoops they can't do that because on tuesday they sent in this patch that takes longer to certify and so locked in their current build,they are then stuck with that bug, however serious it is, until xbox and ps4 have recertified the entire game.

That is why they want to be sure they are at a certain level of stable, lag compensation, which a lot of people want, is in and there are no fires to put out.

XJadeDragoonX
03-10-2018, 07:43 PM
For what it's worth, the devs have delivered on most of their promises. Maybe not as fast as we want, but they have. If they say they're reworking og characters this season, I'm inclined to believe them. With the kensei and conq rework, we almost have 2 new heroes this season anyway. Berserker not so much but whatever. Even if they rework 1 more character only this season, that's a good amount of progress if you ask me. Alongside the other weekly content that we get. plus there's an XP event coming up which has me pretty hype. Time to level up these characters I never use because I have no gear.

My 2 cents

Waynedetta40k
03-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Maybe not as fast as we want,s

This is hilarious. It sound like the community was asking for so much.
All the community asked for in the first place, especially in the first month when 90% of avg players stopped playing, was a game thats not in Alpha or Beta state but a working game with only minor bugs and not gamebreaking one hit glitches, mass connection problems, no servers oh no i stop here the list would go on forever.

Fact is, the game is -RELEASED- for one freakin year. they had time to develop and a freakin whole year on top of that. Its not much to ask for a polished game now isnt it?

UbiInsulin
03-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Roadmap showed just a bunch of boring events + another Dance of Death until the end of April.

- No Arena Mode
- No Warrior Trials
- No reworked characters
- No permanent new game modes

Just more outfits, emotes and effects for the horribly overpriced market. Did I miss something? That was the most uninformative Den since a while.

If I didn't, then I guess it's time to do what I'm sure a number of players already do - get in, do the orders, get out.

The roadmap may not have referred to these concerns, but the WD did address them if you check out Candle's recap (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1847498-Warrior-s-Den-March-8th).

Character reworks: Will there be other character reworks in the future? They are working on those, all they intend to say on that today.

Arena mode: Plan on Arena mode is still the same, they are keeping a patch window in case they need a hotfix on servers and the arena patch will be a longer certification process once they start on that, as soon as servers are to their satisfaction they will push the Arena patch.

Permanent game modes: Test Your Metal permanent? Same as they discussed with dance of death, the thought is they think one of the things that makes it cool is it is not permanent, doesn't mean it can't come back(or will) but they want surprises and moments where tyou are doing something new. They can't keep everything that is cool because it would split the playerbase too much.

CandleInTheDark
03-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Permanent game modes: Test Your Metal permanent? Same as they discussed with dance of death, the thought is they think one of the things that makes it cool is it is not permanent, doesn't mean it can't come back(or will) but they want surprises and moments where tyou are doing something new. They can't keep everything that is cool because it would split the playerbase too much.

Darnit,why do I only see a typo when someone else quotes it? lol

XJadeDragoonX
03-10-2018, 08:19 PM
This is hilarious. It sound like the community was asking for so much.
All the community asked for in the first place, especially in the first month when 90% of avg players stopped playing, was a game thats not in Alpha or Beta state but a working game with only minor bugs and not gamebreaking one hit glitches, mass connection problems, no servers oh no i stop here the list would go on forever.

Fact is, the game is -RELEASED- for one freakin year. they had time to develop and a freakin whole year on top of that. Its not much to ask for a polished game now isnt it?

90 percent of the player base didn't drop. Maybe the PC player base. But the PC player base is non existent compared to console so PC player count isn't really a concern. And only a number of players even experienced these connectivity problems. I have played the game pretty on and off for the entire year and I've disconnected from probably less than 20 games. Ever. Regardless of what you want to believe, we were given a full 60 dollars game with clearly a metric **** ton of replay value. A full campaign that I actually really enjoyed. Multiplayer that has never really gotten stale to me. New content every week with big content every new season. 6 completely new characters. Cool emotes and effects. Seasonal events like the Halloween event or the winter event and the apollyon event which were not only fun, but changes up the game a little and gave awesome looking exclusive content. if this game was as bad as half of you people on the forum say, nobody would be playing it. But I play on PS4 and run into people over rep 100 every single day because this game is fun. And on a side note. The devs didn't even HAVE to give us dedicated servers. They did it because we asked for it and regardless of what you feel, the devs have given us almost everything we asked for and then some. So don't come at me with your nonsense propaganda about the player base. Don't tell me about how this game was launched in alpha or beta because it wasn't. This is the very first game of it's kind. It has to stumble in order to pick itself back up and improve. And nothing has been game breaking to me. The one hit warden thing was fixed almost immediately. Mass connection problems in for Honor is a myth. Just people who have ****ty internet. You can't play any game on the face of this Earth and not disconnect once in a while.

And to address the beginning of your statement, we do ask a lot. The for Honor team isn't huge. There's new posts about **** we want made every single day. So to sit there literally complaining about **** while saying you're not asking for too much is nonsense. You paid 60 dollars. You got your campaign. You got your multiplayer. You got your new content and seasons and characters and gear. You've clearly been playing since launch over a year ago. You got more than your money's worth. Anything else is extra and you should be greatful that you have it instead of being bitter about imaginary problems in a video game lol.

Hormly
03-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Vikings win because were awesome.

Volcanoes are not high priority strategic positions.

XJadeDragoonX
03-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Vikings win because were awesome.

Volcanoes are not high priority strategic positions.

100 percent accurate

Sauronbaine
03-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Most of the playerbase is pretty terrible at this game, which is why Git Gud applies. They dont really have valid concerns usually which is why I wouldn't listen to them as a developer either. Though I suppose if you dont listen to all the bad players, you lose alot of the playerbase. hahaha.

Hormly
03-10-2018, 10:41 PM
What exactly is so valuable in a volcano?

Do the knights harvest it for its ash? its magma?

is it secretly full of candy o.O

AkenoKobayashi
03-12-2018, 04:17 AM
You are only awesome because you probably have more active and trained players in your faction, across all platforms. While we Samurai are down to a handful of Season 1 veterans, a few competent seasoned warriors, a lot of noobs who try to pull their weight or fail to apply assets correctly, and an excessive amount of inactive chaff.

Hormly
03-12-2018, 05:07 AM
You are only awesome because you probably have more active and trained players in your faction, across all platforms. While we Samurai are down to a handful of Season 1 veterans, a few competent seasoned warriors, a lot of noobs who try to pull their weight or fail to apply assets correctly, and an excessive amount of inactive chaff.

This is very lore appropriate ☺

SpaceJim12
03-12-2018, 09:46 AM
For what it's worth, the devs have delivered on most of their promises. Maybe not as fast as we want, but they have.

we do ask a lot. The for Honor team isn't huge. There's new posts about **** we want made every single day.

Real doubtful statement.
Could you understand, that all content we have last year were prerealise made? All chars and maps were ready before we start play For Honor one year ago. Basicly it's proves by all leaks about new chars that confirmed after each season realise.
That's mean, that whole year devs work to...made some attacks for old chars unblockable and add some memes emotes which everyone hates. And, of course, dedicated servers, that for now feels worst than p2p.
And about "devs have delivered" I could say that on PC game feels and works worst than ever. Not technicaly, but cause of all stupid reworks, lots of broken mechanics and community, who want just ez win, not play the game.

CandleInTheDark
03-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Real doubtful statement.
Could you understand, that all content we have last year were prerealise made? All chars and maps were ready before we start play For Honor one year ago. Basicly it's proves by all leaks about new chars that confirmed after each season realise.
That's mean, that whole year devs work to...made some attacks for old chars unblockable and add some memes emotes which everyone hates. And, of course, dedicated servers, that for now feels worst than p2p.
And about "devs have delivered" I could say that on PC game feels and works worst than ever. Not technicaly, but cause of all stupid reworks, lots of broken mechanics and community, who want just ez win, not play the game.

Right, because they haven't worked on ways to change a meta that grew since releasr and tey certainly didn't involve us in public testing. Oh wait, they did.

They didn't put in a new game mode...oh, there is tribute.

They certainly didn't do new motion capture for characters they had tried to buff through regular means because that would be crazy talk, Kensei certainly doesn't have a smoother animation or conqueror an uppercut, oh, they do.

Well they haven't worked on a proper training mode, have they? Oh,it's due this season.

How about faction war? They have done nothing at all there besides rebalance the weighting every week and change things how assets carry over and make it in generalmore transparent (season 4 by the by)

They haven't rewritten every line of their networking architecture, oh, just now gone in.

Outside of all of this, I hope you're not assuming that all of those characters were in a complete state, maybe centurion and shinobi were near complete, maybe,because there were distinct details on them, the rest were very vague concept style ideas in those leaks and it takes around nine months for a character to be complete, even then they need testing and rebalancing around the current balancing.

As for dedicated servers, they are a thousand times better than the P2P system, I have gone from couldn't finish one match in five to I have dropped two in over a hundred, so yeah there's been a huge difference so far as I cans ee.

Vakris_One
03-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Well according to Bio it's because the Vikes play more often and for longer periods of time than Sams. So I guess it's because Samurai have jobs to work and real lives while the Vikings have an overabundance of unemployed folk and pensioners :p ;)

Vakris_One
03-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Right, because they haven't worked on ways to change a meta that grew since releasr and tey certainly didn't involve us in public testing. Oh wait, they did.

They didn't put in a new game mode...oh, there is tribute.

They certainly didn't do new motion capture for characters they had tried to buff through regular means because that would be crazy talk, Kensei certainly doesn't have a smoother animation or conqueror an uppercut, oh, they do.

Well they haven't worked on a proper training mode, have they? Oh,it's due this season.

How about faction war? They have done nothing at all there besides rebalance the weighting every week and change things how assets carry over and make it in generalmore transparent (season 4 by the by)

They haven't rewritten every line of their networking architecture, oh, just now gone in.

Outside of all of this, I hope you're not assuming that all of those characters were in a complete state, maybe centurion and shinobi were near complete, maybe,because there were distinct details on them, the rest were very vague concept style ideas in those leaks and it takes around nine months for a character to be complete, even then they need testing and rebalancing around the current balancing.

As for dedicated servers, they are a thousand times better than the P2P system, I have gone from couldn't finish one match in five to I have dropped two in over a hundred, so yeah there's been a huge difference so far as I cans ee.
But Candle, how will people parade their paranoid theory crafting fantasies if you keep bringing up the factual truth like this? :)

SpaceJim12
03-12-2018, 04:53 PM
They didn't put in a new game mode...oh, there is tribute

Well, just remind that we speak about one year. One year to do gamemode, that 85% ready, cause use old maps, old game mechanics. Tribute is just scirmish with simple mechanic of take and land three sticks around. And if you really think that this could took a lot of time from professional devs, so we have nothing to talk about.

Could be problem if For Honor team have only one programmer (sometimes I think they do...)

Two MC and little emprovment in other animations. Won't be hard, if they have more than one 3D modeler/animator. And, mostly while doing motion capture you got a banch of materials that didn't go in game on realise, it just storage somewhere like source. And anytime you could use this materials.

Oh, I see most lucky guy on this forum! I can't finish 50% matches after dedicated servers went live.

In the end, I belive Ubi just hope all ppl in their community were like you. See a real anready product that have nothing after realise and say "Yes, devs did a lot of work"

SpaceJim12
03-12-2018, 05:00 PM
But Candle, how will people parade their paranoid theory crafting fantasies if you keep bringing up the factual truth like this?

Easily

Vakris_One
03-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Well, just remind that we speak about one year. One year to do gamemode, that 85% ready, cause use old maps, old game mechanics. Tribute is just scirmish with simple mechanic of take and land three sticks around. And if you really think that this could took a lot of time from professional devs, so we have nothing to talk about.

Could be problem if For Honor team have only one programmer (sometimes I think they do...)

Two MC and little emprovment in other animations. Won't be hard, if they have more than one 3D modeler/animator. And, mostly while doing motion capture you got a banch of materials that didn't go in game on realise, it just storage somewhere like source. And anytime you could use this materials.

Oh, I see most lucky guy on this forum! I can't finish 50% matches after dedicated servers went live.

In the end, I belive Ubi just hope all ppl in their community were like you. See a real anready product that have nothing after realise and say "Yes, devs did a lot of work"
Can you name me one other PvP game that:

- corrects their mistake and shifts their unsuccessful P2P network into dedicated servers instead of letting the game die and coming out with "number 2" for another 60/$60/60 to try again?

- adds new permament modes like candy every other month without fragmenting the playerbase and increasing matchmaking times across the board? There you have your answer for new modes not coming out every other month.

- reworks old heroes with new mo-cap moves instead of releasing more and more new heroes until the old roster are buried under mountains of DLC characters and left for dead?

Take your time, I'll wait.

"Two MC and little emprovment in other animations. Won't be hard, if they have more than one 3D modeler/animator. And, mostly while doing motion capture you got a banch of materials that didn't go in game on realise, it just storage somewhere like source. And anytime you could use this materials."

Yeah, gonna need some evidence from you that they stored previous motion capture for the Kensei and Conq my dude otherwise your butt hole is doing some talking there.

Vakris_One
03-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Easily
I can see that. Some folks are just addicted to hearing themselves type and inhaling their own gaseous expulsions. No cure for that I'm afraid.

SpaceJim12
03-12-2018, 05:22 PM
corrects their mistake and shifts their unsuccessful P2P network into dedicated servers instead of letting the game die and coming out with "number 2" for another 60/$60/€60 to try again?

Name me even one real PvP game, where timings means everithing, that realise with p2p?

adds new permament modes like candy every other month without fragmenting the playerbase and increasing matchmaking times across the board? There you have your answer for new modes not coming out every other month.

I didn't say they should add gamemodes every month. We speak about "how did nothing whole year and stay in deadzone after year of slowly dying game". I said, that tribute are not "new" game mode from technical side of question.

reworks old heroes with new mo-cap moves instead of releasing more and more new heroes until the old roster are buried under mountains of DLC characters and left for dead?

Make old chars same stupid broken, than DLC, you mean? And still, if we speak about loose content, where is two new map in S5? Maybe we don't need new chars here, but maps can't do anything with the balance, just real new content.

Yeah, gonna need some evidence from you that they stored previous motion capture for the Kensei and Conq my dude otherwise your butt hole is doing some talking there.

You gonna need evidence that they did not, as well, my friend. I works in game industry, I know how it happend.

guor6800
03-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Can you name me one other PvP game that:

- corrects their mistake and shifts their unsuccessful P2P network into dedicated servers instead of letting the game die and coming out with "number 2" for another 60/$60/€60 to try again?

- adds new permament modes like candy every other month without fragmenting the playerbase and increasing matchmaking times across the board? There you have your answer for new modes not coming out every other month.

- reworks old heroes with new mo-cap moves instead of releasing more and more new heroes until the old roster are buried under mountains of DLC characters and left for dead?

Take your time, I'll wait.

"Two MC and little emprovment in other animations. Won't be hard, if they have more than one 3D modeler/animator. And, mostly while doing motion capture you got a banch of materials that didn't go in game on realise, it just storage somewhere like source. And anytime you could use this materials."

The playerbase told em times and times again during both closed and open betas that p2p is faulty. They assured that everything will be fine on launch. A year after ded servers introduced. I don't know if you where with us back then but you clearly don't know how connectivity was at release. Beyond thrash for a polished triple A title.

Add new modes that will attract people.You already have elimination and skirmish. Those don't divide the playerbase? Who plays elimination or skirmish nowadays i really wonder. Duel and dominion/tribute is all we got. The past year i ve seen really brilliant ideas for new game modes made by the community. So we got tribute and we lost elimination/skirmish.

As for the reworks they pretty messed up on most dlc champions. Especially those of season 2. I mean see how many dedicated and hardcore players are leaving now that reworks for the og are coming.More spam more unblockables more tekken like game.

I admit that the devs are trying. But through the past year they have made so many terrible decisions that for honor is beyond remedy now. Bad advertisement is taken both from public demonstrations and player reviews.

Just wonder what potential this game really had and what's going on right now.

Vakris_One
03-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Name me even one real PvP game, where timings means everithing, that realise with p2p?
Name me a brand new IP that was trying something different that didn't stumble along the way.

I didn't say they should add gamemodes every month. We speak about "how did nothing whole year and stay in deadzone after year of slowly dying game". I said, that tribute are not "new" game mode from technical side of question.
Gosh, so many inacurracies here.

1) Tribute is a variation on capture the flag, oh noes! The humanity!!!
2) Tribute was released in Season 4, not exactly "a year" after the game's release dude. Mathematics. It's a thing.
3) "Slowly dying game" - yeah, For Honor was totally dead in Season 4. I guess that's why so many people were still playing it-oh, wait ...

Make old chars same stupid broken, than DLC, you mean? And still, if we speak about loose content, where is two new map in S5? Maybe we don't need new chars here, but maps can't do anything with the balance, just real new content.
How you feel about the reworks is subjective and also irrelevant to the question I asked. How many PvP games willingly choose to NOT bury the vanilla roster in a mountain of DLC pay 2 win heroes?

You can answer the question or you can continue to obfuscate and employ whataboutisms like a professional politician.

You gonna need evidence that they did not, as well, my friend. I works in game industry, I know how it happend.
I don't need to provide any evidence to the contrary friend until you can provide evidence to back up your claim first, since you're the duder who made the claim the burden of proof is on you.

I works in game industry too, what an incredible coincidence! I first cut my teeth working as a code monkey on Goldeneye for the N64. Those were the days, let me tell you. Right now I'm working on Star Citizen.

SpaceJim12
03-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Name me a brand new IP that was trying something different that didn't stumble along the way.

Overwatch, for example?

1) Tribute is a variation on capture the flag, oh noes! The humanity!!!
2) Tribute was released in Season 4, not exactly "a year" after the game's release dude. Mathematics. It's a thing.
3) "Slowly dying game" - yeah, For Honor was totally dead in Season 4. I guess that's why so many people were still playing it-oh, wait ...

Well...still there are no much work to do, when you just add simply mechanic to existed game mode. I can't see what are thouse 3 points about.

How you feel about the reworks is subjective and also irrelevant to the question I asked. How many PvP games willingly choose to NOT bury the vanilla roster in a mountain of DLC pay 2 win heroes?

Emmm...not so many games have THAT broken balance, my friend.
For example in Heroes of the Storm they add new cham every month and none of them are pay to win. But HotS are free to play, though.
Same happends with fighting games (that For Honor have a lot of common with), cause all DLC heroes in 90% time just different or fun service.
So that is not huge decision, to not add two new broken chars. Especialy when you haven't that new chars.

And if you want to speak about answers, answer where is two new maps?

I don't need to provide any evidence to the contrary friend

No, you do. Cause all you and me have on that point is just our words

Right now I'm working on Star Citizen.

Cool. Still wait your game will realise, while play Elite!

Vakris_One
03-12-2018, 06:20 PM
The playerbase told em times and times again during both closed and open betas that p2p is faulty. They assured that everything will be fine on launch. A year after ded servers introduced. I don't know if you where with us back then but you clearly don't know how connectivity was at release. Beyond thrash for a polished triple A title.
Pretty sure I've been here longer than you Mr. Join date 01.30.2017. Us old timers from the very first Alpha can smell each other you see so it's best not to play that card with us :)

Fun Fact: after a studio commits to their P2P architecture so close to launch there's no way in hell they can whip out dedicated servers in time for release. All they can do is run triage duty for their P2P and hope for the best. A triple A studio would usually abandon ship after such a disastrous launch and try to sell you "number 2" after the stink wears off. We got dedi servers eventually without paying an extra dime for it. Go figure.

\_(ツ)_/

Add new modes that will attract people.You already have elimination and skirmish. Those don't divide the playerbase? Who plays elimination or skirmish nowadays i really wonder. Duel and dominion/tribute is all we got. The past year i ve seen really brilliant ideas for new game modes made by the community. So we got tribute and we lost elimination/skirmish.

As for the reworks they pretty messed up on most dlc champions. Especially those of season 2. I mean see how many dedicated and hardcore players are leaving now that reworks for the og are coming.More spam more unblockables more tekken like game.

I admit that the devs are trying. But through the past year they have made so many terrible decisions that for honor is beyond remedy now. Bad advertisement is taken both from public demonstrations and player reviews.

Just wonder what potential this game really had and what's going on right now.
For sure, it had a ton of potential that has indeed gone to waste. It coulda been long dead by now though if it wasn't for the devs constantly trying. At least we still have this version of the game and it's still fun enough to keep a steady playerbase coming back even to this day.

I guess it depends on if you're a glass half full or glass half empty kind of person. I prefer to focus on the positive things we have and the stuff that can be improved for the future rather than negatively obsess about the past and "what could have been."

SpaceJim12
03-12-2018, 06:37 PM
A triple A studio would usually abandon ship after such a disastrous launch and try to sell you "number 2"

One more thing to say. The only reason why they didn't start workin on For Honor 2 is because even dumb understand salles of this game will be less, than playerbase on PC now.
It's would be look like if Hello Games said after realise of No Man's Sky (you should now this game, Star Citizien man) "Well, we understand where we wrong...we fix it in No Man's Sky 2 for full price 60 dollars.
For Honor devs did nothing special for community who fairly paid 60 dollars bill for full game. Don't make them heros for loose, maybe, biggest potential in game industry in last 10 years.
For you maybe ok to sell parts of the game for full price and ships packs over 5k dollars, but casual gamer pay for game to get product.

And, if you like exaple, look at Warhammer Vermintide 2. It looks same cool as For Honor, play a way better, cost twice low (1/4 of For Honor in my region) and will get dedicated servers in may, two month after realise.

Vakris_One
03-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Overwatch, for example?
You mean a generic PvP first person shooter with anime characters? I believe everyone from Timesplitters and Halo on up to Destiny's PvP multiplayer modes have been there, done that. Not exactly a wholly original game like For Honor.

Well...still there are no much work to do, when you just add simply mechanic to existed game mode. I can't see what are thouse 3 points about.
The 3 points were addressing your comments so I don't know what else to tell you if you forgot what you wrote. Essentially you just don't like how basic Tribute is. Fair enough. They've had other event modes but they weren't permanent so you can't say they haven't tried different stuff.

Emmm...not so many games have THAT broken balance, my friend.
For example in Heroes of the Storm they add new cham every month and none of them are pay to win. But HotS are free to play, though.
Same happends with fighting games (that For Honor have a lot of common with), cause all DLC heroes in 90% time just different or fun service.
So that is not huge decision, to not add two new broken chars. Especialy when you haven't that new chars.

And if you want to speak about answers, answer where is two new maps?
You're kidding right? Heck, some games actually ship with broken characters or abilities as standard *cough* Battlefront *cough*. Dead By Daylight is one such game that is constantly having to play the nerf/buff game. For Honor is not unique in how much some of its playerbase get their panties in a twist every time a DLC hero is released. Are there games that do it better? Absolutely. Are there games that do it worse? Absolutely.

No, you do. Cause all you and me have on that point is just our words
You made the claim first, I asked for proof. No proof? Okay then so you admit that you're just yapping words into the wind. One of the lead developers, Roman Campos Oriola, said they had done new motion capture for the new moves. I think I'll blieve him over you until you can present evidence to support your words.

Cool. Still wait your game will realise, while play Elite!
Ouch, low blow. Well hey man, it could be worse I could be working for EA *shudders*.

Someday Chris will release SC and then you'll all be sorry! :D

Vakris_One
03-12-2018, 06:59 PM
One more thing to say. The only reason why they didn't start workin on For Honor 2 is because even dumb understand salles of this game will be less, than playerbase on PC now.
It's would be look like if Hello Games said after realise of No Man's Sky (you should now this game, Star Citizien man) "Well, we understand where we wrong...we fix it in No Man's Sky 2 for full price 60 dollars.
For Honor devs did nothing special for community who fairly paid 60 dollars bill for full game. Don't make them heros for loose, maybe, biggest potential in game industry in last 10 years.
For you maybe ok to sell parts of the game for full price and ships packs over 5k dollars, but casual gamer pay for game to get product.
I'm not making them into heroes Mr. "I work in industry". They fucqed up and then did their jobs so they can earn their paychecks, simple as that. You're trying to compare them with the scum of the universe aka BungieVision and EA which is simply not comparable.

You don't know me so chill and please don't get me started on the "casual gamer". The casual gamer would pay premium price to swallow utter sh!t and not bat an eyelash. The casual gamer is the reason the likes of EA is still in business and cynical cash grabs like Destiny 1 and 2 are a thing rather than flush those turds down the bog where they belong.

And, if you like exaple, look at Warhammer Vermintide 2. It looks same cool as For Honor, play a way better, cost twice low (1/4 of For Honor in my region) and will get dedicated servers in may, two month after realise.
Not my type of game so I'm not interested in it. Sea of Thieves is something I'm more interested in.

XJadeDragoonX
03-12-2018, 07:44 PM
This comment section is juicy. I'm loving it. Let your hatred fuel you.

Have you all heard the tragedy of Darh Plagueis the wise?

Vakris_One
03-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Actually this is one of the more civilised discussions I've had on this forum. SpaceJim and I aren't throwing insults at each other, we're lightly ribbing each other's comments here and there. I wouldn't classify any of it as going full on crispy Anakin. More of a Han Solo-ish-"and who's gonna fly her?"-debate :)

SpaceJim12
03-12-2018, 09:07 PM
You mean a generic PvP first person shooter with anime characters? I believe everyone from Timesplitters and Halo on up to Destiny's PvP multiplayer modes have been there, done that. Not exactly a wholly original game like For Honor.

So, For Honor surely unique project, I admit that. And in my opinion, in season from first to thrid devs really made a lot of work making p2p works better. But in season 4 things getting really bad and we got 50% time dissconnects, and 50% matches with 50% chance to play with bots vs. full team. I play on PC, so don't know about console situation.

Essentially you just don't like how basic Tribute is. Fair enough. They've had other event modes but they weren't permanent so you can't say they haven't tried different stuff.

It is not about what I like. It's about work and deviloping recourses. Most events, were still just rework or barely changed old gamemodes. Last one, for example were just simple elimination with story mode chars. It's can't take whole time of development team. No way.

You're kidding right? Heck, some games actually ship with broken characters or abilities as standard *cough* Battlefront *cough*.

Battlefront II don't have pay to win DLC or pay to win charactrers. It's have pay to win core gameplay.=) So, I believe, it's now worth mentioning.
Dead by Daylight got same problems, what Evolve have. Balancing game where one should play better than 4. And noone feels disadvantage.
For Honor on other side have 4v4 gameplay, so problem exactly in chars. And pay to win DLC champs mostly were them cause use new mecanics that old ones didn't. And each season I have feeling that two new chars balanced only in duels and only bitween each other.

You made the claim first, I asked for proof. No proof? Okay then so you admit that you're just yapping words into the wind. One of the lead developers, Roman Campos Oriola, said they had done new motion capture for the new moves. I think I'll blieve him over you until you can present evidence to support your words.

Well, I think this part should stay where it's stay.

Someday Chris will release SC and then you'll all be sorry!

That wasn't sarcasm btw. Really wait full realise of this ambitious project.

I'm not making them into heroes Mr. "I work in industry". They fucqed up and then did their jobs so they can earn their paychecks, simple as that. You're trying to compare them with the scum of the universe aka BungieVision and EA which is simply not comparable.

Well, I really don't think that way. No man's Sky fucqed up and then did their jobs without any heat speeches and empty promises. For Honors devs on other side forced eveyone to put money in season pass and now gave us almost nothing. Meanwhile community gave them a YEAR to do something. For Sean's team community did not give a month. Year after NMS realise I could say game got better. After year of faith in For Honor...nothing at all.

Not my type of game so I'm not interested in it. Sea of Thieves is something I'm more interested in.

But still example of game, where devs care about their project and realise something cool and promise more.

Actually this is one of the more civilised discussions I've had on this forum.

Thank you. Can't see any reason to insult people. Just try to explain why I feel that way about game I really liked.

guor6800
03-13-2018, 09:51 AM
Pretty sure I've been here longer than you Mr. Join date 01.30.2017. Us old timers from the very first Alpha can smell each other you see so it's best not to play that card with us :)

Fun Fact: after a studio commits to their P2P architecture so close to launch there's no way in hell they can whip out dedicated servers in time for release. All they can do is run triage duty for their P2P and hope for the best. A triple A studio would usually abandon ship after such a disastrous launch and try to sell you "number 2" after the stink wears off. We got dedi servers eventually without paying an extra dime for it. Go figure.

\_(ツ)_/

Pretty sure you joined around season 2. You ve said it multiple times.As for me im following this game since pre-alpha and participated in both closed and open beta. So don't try the smartass approach. Not gonna happen.

Fun fact. That's why alpha and beta version of the game exist. So you can actually test something. When your testers tell you the game is built in the wrong way how can you ignore them? I mean why did you did alphas and betas in the first place?

Go figure what? Paying 60euro for a multiplayer ONLINE game that can't even access ONLINE?Cool story mate.

For sure, it had a ton of potential that has indeed gone to waste. It coulda been long dead by now though if it wasn't for the devs constantly trying. At least we still have this version of the game and it's still fun enough to keep a steady playerbase coming back even to this day.

I guess it depends on if you're a glass half full or glass half empty kind of person. I prefer to focus on the positive things we have and the stuff that can be improved for the future rather than negatively obsess about the past and "what could have been."

If i were half empty type of person i would have probably waived you a long time ago. But can't lie to myself that this result is actually a job well done by devs. No its not. I mean whether we like it or not a year after launch we still play beta version. And if we are to see a sequel title in the future we must assure them devs that apparently this is not the right way to do it except if you want bad publicity and even worse reviews for this title.